Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? (20052 Views)

Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? / Must See!! The Word NIGGA / Why Is 'Nigger' Offensive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by BABE3: 12:13am On Apr 01, 2011
-If you do, Please why? I really wanna know!
I've been attacked by a few people on here about me calling them "Niggas".  One even said he was gonna report me to the moderator!  shocked , (  undecided ) I have no problem with the word at all. So, yh, lets squash this! cheesy
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Nobody: 12:16am On Apr 01, 2011
I'm surprised they even know what it means.

it's probably a generational thing. TV and the internet are to blame.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by desholah(m): 12:21am On Apr 01, 2011
OP.
If you accidentally call me ''Nigga'' . . . I won't hesitate to send you FBI. angry

It DOESN'T SOUND OFFENSIVE TO MOST/SOME PPLE . .But TACKY AND ICKY  TO ME undecided
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Tosinville(m): 12:36am On Apr 01, 2011
Nigger is the word the white folks use to describe any black slaves in those days of slave trade & nigerian ppl don't want that word just because they haven't trade any of their family for slavery before lol
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Dolemite(f): 12:43am On Apr 01, 2011
Nigga = ignorant black person, eg Sani Abacha, Lil wayne, Flava Flav.

Negro = a black person, eg Nelson Mandela, Morris Chestnut.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Tosinville(m): 12:50am On Apr 01, 2011
^^Negro & Nigger are the same jare, negro is just an old word.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by pwiz(m): 12:58am On Apr 01, 2011
Tosinville:

^^Negro & Nigger are the same jare, negro is just an old word.
watz up ma nigger
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by BABE3: 1:03am On Apr 01, 2011
^^^lmao! that your picture is fine sha!

The thing is that, when I call people, and I mean people (Nigerian/africans friends, chinese, Akata, and white) "Nigga" they never find it offensive.(Maybe its because they're my friends undecided). I think the only situation where it can be considered offensive is when, a white person calls an akata, Nigga. (You know, because of the history), But, as for the rest of us, what's biting us? Why are we so hyped up about the word? I just don't get it! undecided
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by aminalib(f): 1:08am On Apr 01, 2011
Nigger/negro has the same connotation, however for some reason some blacks in america still prefer the word negro, to me calling yourself a nigger is just as bad a a woman calling herself a biiitch, it truly irks me to the bones when i hear people saying "wassup my nigga"
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by zionking(m): 1:11am On Apr 01, 2011
NIGGER= (Naive Individual Glorifying Greed & Encouraging Racism) !!!! " Go figure. cheesy
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Tosinville(m): 1:13am On Apr 01, 2011
P.wiz
whatz up ma nigger? guy, who teach u dat 1?lol well aint mad at d word "nigga" even if i move over to da states i'm goin to straight to d hood where am gon' get da shitt almost everyday, mane lol
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by aminalib(f): 1:14am On Apr 01, 2011
Tosinville:

P.wiz
whatz up ma nigger? guy, who teach u dat 1?lol well aint mad at d word "nigga" even if i move over to da states i'm goin to straight to d hood where am gon' get da shitt almost everyday, mane lol

****vomits***
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by BABE3: 1:16am On Apr 01, 2011
aminalib:

****vomits***
aminalib:

****vomits***

hey hey hey, Not here pls! Go throw-up somewhere else. grin
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Tosinville(m): 1:16am On Apr 01, 2011
Aminalib
hahahaha! i know you won't like that so i only say that to see your respond lol
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by aminalib(f): 1:20am On Apr 01, 2011
BABE!:

hey hey hey, Not here pls! Go throw-up somewhere else. grin

lol sorry Tosin will clean it up
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by aminalib(f): 1:21am On Apr 01, 2011
Tosinville:

Aminalib
hahahaha! i know you won't like that so i only say that to see your respond lol

undecided sad
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by MsPotato(f): 1:21am On Apr 01, 2011
The word "Nigga" / "Nigger" originally means Slave. I saw it on a documentary.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Tosinville(m): 1:26am On Apr 01, 2011
Babe!
Sincerely, not all blacks likes the word "nigger" most especially those from africa but i think akata(s) are alright with it & i think some grown, decent and educated akata(s) won't tolerate the word "nigger" from you.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Nekai(f): 1:37am On Apr 01, 2011
(OT, but Nigger/akata=same thing?)

In conversation I've heard people say, "Nigga please," or "That's my nigga." In most cases it is slightly derrogatory, much like saying "You dey craze." Depending on who you say it too and when you say it, the word "nigga" can be offensive, or can be joking around. Personally I wouldn't want someone using the word to describe me, or directed at me.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by BABE3: 1:42am On Apr 01, 2011
Tosinville:

Babe!
Sincerely, not all blacks likes the word "nigger" most especially those from africa but i think akata(s) are alright with it & i think some grown, decent and educated akata(s) won't tolerate the word "nigger" from you.

OLuwaToWorship, I get it! smiley I can't just go around calling my professors Niggas!  
Anyways, I guess its the level of how serious we take things, that affects if you are gonna find "Nigga" offensive!
I don't take things too seriously. (Only God knows how I'm not failing at school, lol). I guess thats why I don't really care If I'm called a Nigga and vice versa!
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by MsPotato(f): 1:46am On Apr 01, 2011
When I was studying abroad before, my classmates and I all call each other Nigga. There was even one time me (a chinko) and an Indian guy greet each other calling each otha Nigga and it came to a point that those African Americans and the Africans started laughing at us. Seems like they find it really funny.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Tosinville(m): 1:49am On Apr 01, 2011
I understand & i don't take things like this serious either but i can kill any white azz who tryna fcukk with me with dhat hehe!
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Tosinville(m): 1:49am On Apr 01, 2011
I understand & i don't take things like this serious either but i can kill any white azz who tryna fcukk with me with dhat hehe!
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by aminalib(f): 1:54am On Apr 01, 2011
Ms. Potato:

When I was studying abroad before, my classmates and I all call each other Nigga. There was even one time me (a chinko) and an Indian guy greet each other calling each otha Nigga and it came to a point that those African Americans and the Africans started laughing at us. Seems like they find it really funny.

hmm seems like u met some people who thought it was, but find those who do not and u shall see how it works out
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Tosinville(m): 1:56am On Apr 01, 2011
^U still here?
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by aminalib(f): 1:59am On Apr 01, 2011
yes, u still here too?
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Tosinville(m): 2:04am On Apr 01, 2011
Ms.Potato
Aminalib is right, don't dare try to play with such word around some black ppl most especially the african-american cos you won't find the word "nigger" funny anymore cos they prefer calling themselves my nigger rather than any other race saying that cos its like an insult to 'em.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Tosinville(m): 2:06am On Apr 01, 2011
Aminalib
I'm just asking don't try to take it personal, i only ask just because u kept silent for a while thats why.
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by aminalib(f): 2:08am On Apr 01, 2011
im not taking anything personal, at all
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by MsPotato(f): 2:09am On Apr 01, 2011
Well, the only reason why I played along cause everyone in that school plays along with that word. At times, we dont have to be so staright just because of what other people say. I notice the whole school says that word in the most joking way, so I join in the club. I dont see any harm in that
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by MsPotato(f): 2:11am On Apr 01, 2011
Tosinville:

Ms.Potato
Aminalib is right, don't dare try to play with such word around some black ppl most especially the african-american cos you won't find the word "nigger" funny anymore cos they prefer calling themselves my nigger rather than any other race saying that cos its like an insult to 'em.

Reaaaaallllyyy? undecided Come on now. They are the ones mainly conversing to each other calling each other Nigga. Yet now they take it offensicely? If they dont like it, they should not have talked to each other calling each other Nigga, Wassup Nigga, Yo Nigga !Nigga please," or "That's my nigga and etc etc. . . Did they not say it? undecided
Re: Do You Find The Word "nigga" Offensive? by Tosinville(m): 2:13am On Apr 01, 2011
Aminalib
Its alright so you just get back from work?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Non-'chi' Igbo Names / Different Masquerades At The New Yam Festival Anambra State / Alj Harem Studies On The Olukumis (old Yoruba Language) In Delta Ugbodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.