Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,584 members, 7,955,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:00 PM

The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) (35162 Views)

..............how I Wished I Never Accepted Him.......complete story / Xeniaonatopp's The Woman He Wish He Never Met. / Untitled Fiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2013
Zandra, Wednesday May 4th 2005.

She could barely sleep in the night, she was upset. Couldn’t he see that, he was asking her to go back to the ashes she had risen from? The only thing was that she wasn’t entirely sure if she had completely risen from the ashes. She still felt the dirt, hurt and anger in her, sticking to her soul. How would it be facing her mother? How would it be facing Alhaji? How would it be facing the whole community? For the first time after a very long time she felt shame, all the local boys she had slept with, those she did in exchange for as little as a mango. Sesan would beat her up when he found out she had battered intercourse for mango. She didn’t want to go to that ugly place, but the truth was she was still in an ugly place. It was with this thought in her mind that she slept off. A couple of hours later she woke up, it was another bad dream. She had these dreams sometimes, she was used to them by now, but they still raced her heart, she would soon forget this one like the others but she couldn’t go back to sleep again.

Was Samson right? Did she have to go back there? If she went back there does it mean she had to go back to where she had first married, the thought crawled all over her body and grabbed her heart. She didn’t want to go anywhere she wanted to be safe, safe from the harshness, safe from the pain, safe from the terrible dreams but she wasn’t really succeeding on her own. Maybe he was right, maybe her town was her Ojuju Calabar. She loved that he shared that story with her; it is only occasionally you catch glimpses of his soft side. You rarely get it, for him to share all that tonight, she knew he meant business. She felt shame the way she handled the situation, she really shouldn’t have shouted at him, it wasn’t necessary but she had felt she needed to defend herself. His words pierced her and when he cupped her face she just felt like melting into his hands, have him wave a magic wand and have everything be all right, but life didn’t work like that, Life had placed her on that path and watched her do the dance. It was unfair, she wished she was somebody else she wished she was Francesca.

The silence in the room made her cringe the more, she kept on tossing and turning, what was she doing here in his house self? What would Sesan say? Sesan would most likely be happy, prepare a con that would fleece Samson off millions and ask her to execute it. What would he say if he found out she went home? He would probably lock her up and beat her, he didn’t do that much nowadays, but she remembered the beatings in the past. He would take his belt and order her to strip, then beat her, he would tell her when to scream and when not to scream. Sometimes he loved using his hands , but he was kind he rarely kicked her, he always kicked men. Whenever he beats her up, he would call her to him ask her if she knew why he beat her, tell her not to do it again then tell her to go wait for him on the bed. She always did as she was told, always. He knew best, but she was tired to be treated that way.

She found him in the morning in the garage, she was carrying a cup of coffee and toast for him, he seemed extremely busy but hey who could resist her breakfast? It was strange though, he would normally be in the gym at this time, he rarely broke his routine.

“Thought I would find you in the gym.”
“Yet here I am in the garage.” He didn’t look up.
“That’s an interesting looking bike; I guess trying to fix it will be enough exercise for today.”
“Yep you are right, I would have to go to work a bit late today. A mechanic would come to pick it up later though.....worked out already so not going to the gym again” He didn’t go into any long stories or sermon about the bike, how he got it and what model it was. He obviously did not want to start any interesting topic with her and he wouldn’t even talk about the night before.

“I made breakfast”
“No thanks; I took some juice and biscuits, thanks for offering”. He didn’t even look up! He was focused on the machine.
“So what should I do with the breakfast then?”
“I don’t know, you can see I am busy and I don’t care.”
“Why are you grumpy this morning?”
“Zandra, I have eaten, I am busy checking this bike, I need it to be ready for Sunday. I don’t need to be disturbed”. He was rubbing something on the body of the damned motorbike, why was he wasting his time on it? Wasn’t he going to give it to a mechanic? This was the first time he wasn’t paying attention to her. She would waltz into any room he was in and he would look up and smile at her first before anything and here she was holding a coffee that was getting cold and a toast that must be stale from disappointment by now. Wait a minute didn’t he mention that they would go to her village on Saturday or Sunday are they taking a bike there? She knew he must have made other plans but that was how she would pose the question.

“Are we taking a bike to my place, it’s not safe , I think we need to take a flight to Lagos first and a bus ride down, I can’t be riding with you on that thing?” He dropped what he was doing and turned to face her. That was much better, she should even be pissed he didn’t try to console her this morning for upsetting her.
“Are you saying, her royal highness wants to take a trip with me?”
“Yes.”
“Hmmmm, what made her change her mind?”
“Someone told me I needed to confront my fears.”
“And who is this someone?”
“Just some guy.”
“Oh, I see I am just some guy.”
“You know you are not.”
“Okay, but on a more serious note I didn’t appreciate the way you talked to me yesterday, walking off on me in a tantrum, if you were my employee you’d be fired by now”
“I am sorry, it was a very touchy subject for me and I am not your employee.”
“I noticed. I know you will feel healed by this, you made a right choice, we are going to flush away loads of toxins.”
“So are you going to eat my toast now?”
“Yes . I have not eaten.”
“Knew you were lying. Leave that rusty thing and come here okay. Or you think it will be able to take us to my place?”
“Well girl you are about to learn something about the Williams, we do not fail to travel in style.”
She blew a raspberry at him, he was a braggart, it made him cute in a way.

Sunday, May 7th 2005.

He wasn’t joking, it was her first helicopter ride and he was the pilot, he did know how to blow a skeptical lady off her feet, that she would give him. He let her know that he got his pilot’s license for fun because someone had dared him to do it, she knew she shouldn’t trip his ego but she was very impressed so she didn’t tell him. Slowly but surely her awe began to give way to the funny feeling inside her stomach, it was fear. Fear of the unknown, it was no longer a game anymore, she was really on her way back. It seemed like he sensed her hesitation because he turned to her and gave her a reassuring smile.

“It will be fine” with the best of his usual charm, if she wasn’t in love with Sesan, she would say she was in love with Samson which scared her even more. Sesan must not know she was here with him that would only cause more trouble than she anticipated. What was she doing, was she stupid, was she insane? How could she ever consider going back? That place was a hell hole, she had run away with Sesan and she wasn’t looking back, what was she doing?! What was she doing?!! What was she doing?!!! She felt like she was going to hyperventilate, but she didn’t. She was thousands of feet in the air, it would be stupid to do anything rash. So she closed her eyes and slept off, it was better that way.

“Wake up, wake up.” It was Samson nudging at her, she slowly began to open her eyes, coming back to reality.
“I must either be a pretty good pilot or a terrible one for you to sleep off on me like that.”
“Are we there yet?”
“Not really, we in a small secondary school some miles away from the town, I have made arrangements, for a car to take us into town.”
“I am not ready can we go back please?”
“Zandra, we are here, you have to face this once and for all and I am here with you okay. There will be nothing wrong. We just want to help you reconstruct the past so you let it go.” He was holding on to her like a mother comforting a disgruntled child. She still felt this was a fixture and it would end soon, but she remembered the school too well, she had played in the sand with many of her hawker friends right there on the field, it was almost like she could hear their voices, the sounds of their footsteps in the ground, playing that game where they try to jump in boxes without touching the lines, they were there and It was real. What was she doing?

“Okay I am going to have to lift you out of there and put you in the car.”
“I am scared she would beat me. I am scared; I have never been strong enough for her.” Tears were welling in her eyes, she was stronger than this, why were her eyes playing tricks on her and shedding useless water.

“Don’t be silly! Who would whoop a fully grown woman? I am here okay, no one will touch you. I will be there, she wouldn’t dare. So you know, I may have told them that you are my Fiancée, it will help. I have wads of cash to distribute. That language my dear is something I know most people understand. ...Look, I know you have gone through a lot in the hands of these people. I know everything, but if you do not reconcile this part of your life, you might never move on with your life. We talked about this didn’t we? So please be a brave woman and let us go.” Those words were soothing balm to her, she didn’t want to make a fuss about him saying she was his fiancée, the normal her would have thrown a fit that he had been sneaking around saying what she didn’t know to her folks, but it didn’t matter. He produced the ring she had once stolen from his pocket and gently put it on her ring finger. It was a perfect fit, how could she be angry with this perfect man. He stretched out her hand so he could help her down, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror and she couldn’t believe what she saw, wind, sleep and tears do the worst things to your makeup.
“I can’t go looking like this, you will tell that driver to not start the car until my makeup is fixed. I look like an incomplete clown and don’t ask me what an incomplete clown is.”
“Yes ma’am. That’s my girl, that’s the Zandra I know, not whoopi tearsberg”
“Let me catch you first. Insolent child.”

They laughed and moved towards the car, Samson motioned to the driver to kill the engine of the car he was warming so as to allow madam finish her make-up. Zandra blanked her mind; Samson was here, nothing would happen. She was a grown woman now; her mother could do nothing to her. She would be fine, she was fine, she was doing the right thing, she wished Samson was her fiancé. She finished with the last layer of powder. She was good to go, she was reassured.

“Done.” Samson took the cue and instructed the driver to start the fourteen minutes journey to her town. Samson briefed her all the sneaking around he had been doing. Her mother had not moved out of the house they had been staying, her husband Alhaji was bedridden after a car accident while on the job. Her mother was now a trader and she had an extra sister and two brothers , one had died at child birth. She received the news coldly, she didn’t know the best way to accept such news. This was her past she kept telling herself, she just was going to have a glimpse of it, this was not a big deal. She rested her head on Samson’s shoulder and he stroked her head, she felt safe. She was safe. She let the song on the radio fill in the blank of the unspoken words in the atmosphere.

The halt of the car made her heart thump, but it was quietly rested again by the stroke of Samson’s hand, she wasn’t afraid anymore, even when her eyes rested on the all too familiar building, there were things she could not recall being there, there were two graves, a make shift shop that stretched out of the house structured with wood and iron sheets. There were things she remembered, there were goat droppings everywhere and the goats were not absent themselves, she remembered when she lost a tooth and took fresh goat droppings, with nine stones, then threw it on the now rusty roof behind the house. She couldn’t remember where she got that idea from but it was making her smile right now. The foolishness of her youth amused her.

“Are you ready?” That was Samson asking if she was ready to get down from the car, she knew she was ready, she nodded at him and he opened his door, got down then waited for her to follow, there was something frankly reassuring that he was really there. Truthfully without him the idea to visit would not occur to her even in a million years, so he had better be there. She was now out of the car and she could see kids running up and down in small soiled panties, one of her favorite pastimes, heck she still enjoyed that and got paid for it.
“Follow me.” Samson said and she obeyed, it was strange this was her house and she was meant to be showing him around, but Samson always had the air of someone who knows what he was doing and he owned everything, it was easy for her to listen to him, especially now. He led her into the house, there was no electricity but the lighting of the sun tried its best to illuminate everything, she could see the door to their one room apartment, her heart began to thump, she held Samson’s hand tighter, hoping she didn’t bruise him and he drew her nearer to him

“You’ll be fine. “ He whispered . “....seeing you now I want to tell you, you could go back if you wanted but I won’t. I know you are strong and you’ll be fine. They are at home; I informed them that we were coming. Your mum is eager to see you. I will go in with you but leave you two to talk, if you need me just shout my name I will come in immediately.”
“No I want you there, don’t want to be alone with them.”
“Are you sure?”
“Yes.”
“Let’s do this.”
Knocking was never her thing, so she just parted the curtains and entered. She felt like going back again, because of the stench that hit her, the terror of the stench almost made her dizzy , her face wrinkled with disgust.
“Oh my God what is that awful smell” It was so disgusting she could not control herself.
“Eh Eh, Eh....Amoke, Amoke? Iwo ni? Ahhhh Amke o fi iya je mi, you made me suffer. I have been looking for you.” It was her mother who had gotten up from the seated position she was in to come to hug her. She hadn’t noticed her because the smell had attacked her , but now she could smell firewood smoke and cheap Hausa produced perfume. Was this what she feared coming back to see? This state of dirt and a woman she couldn’t get herself to hug back? Why was the woman calling her an endearing name like Amoke, isn’t that meant to signify somebody who needs to be pampered?
“What really is that smell I feel like vomiting?”
“Ahh, that is the leg of that one there. “ Her mother said pointing to Alhaji. While still holding her “It is rotting, we don’t move him that much or else you won’t be able to stay here”
“Well I still cannot stay here right now.”
“Okay, come outside” her mother pulled her out as if she were her best friend, she caught a glance at the ailing man on the bed, he was staring at her, he couldn’t speak obviously, she was glad she was leaving the room.
They were outside now and the cloak of fear was already lifted off her, she was now filled with anger, questions, but before she could talk she saw the expression on her mother’s face, her face were contorted in a weird and unusual manner. It took her a second to realize that she was crying, she had never seen her mother cry before.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2013
“Ahhhhh Amoke, ofi iya je mi. You made me suffer. Is it because of that stupid boy that you ran away, omo oloriburuku, eniti won ni jere re. He is only badluck and will come up to nothing. We looked for you and looked for you, but nothing. Ahhhhh you made me suffer you this girl. I am glad you are back home now.” She couldn’t understand this prodigal daughter that had returned home story, her mother seemed to be pushing, it confused her, this woman hated her didn’t she, this woman didn’t care what she became in life. Why was she nice to her now?

“I thought you hated me.” She managed to pronounce
“Ha, my first child, how could I hate you, you must think I am a witch to hate you.” This woman had tears everywhere, she could not understand how she could be crying , it was unusual, she wanted to scream at the woman, her wrinkled face, her pious tears, everything seemed wrong. It was then it dawned on her there was nothing for her here, it was a place of misery, she did not connect with this woman, she didn’t know who she was, she had just been a figure, a scary monster that made her do things, but this monster was reduced to tears now, what a pathetic sight!
“I have learnt my lesson.” Her mother was saying
“I did not pay attention to you, I did not do well, please forgive me my child”. She caught a glance of Samson behind, she was uncertain of what was going through his mind, his face was expressionless . What did she even expect? Did she need to let it go? She didn’t know if it meant something to her, she didn’t know why she was angry, but she was. Was this meant to cleanse away the path her life took, she was sorry. Maybe it was, maybe she needed to broaden her mind and have a family. The woman was saying something but she began to look around, she saw the corner that the cane that was usually used to discipline her when slippers were unavailable used to rest, it was not there currently but she could visualize it there. This was where she was from but this was definitely not where she wants to be, she was surprised that the woman was still talking, she was fed up. She walked away back towards the car.

Her mother ran after her when it must have dawned on her that she was not coming back. Never in her fantasies had she dreamt up the day this woman would run after her just to have her back and like receiving an unexpected amount of cash she did not care how she spent this strange set of emotions she was receiving.

"Ibo lon lo, where are you going? Amoke! Amoke!!". Did she need to reply her? She was under no obligation to, she just needed to get out of there, it did nothing for her. The woman had finally caught up with her and was now in her front. There was really nothing she wanted to tell her. She didn’t know if what Samson had wanted was for her to breakdown and cry confessing to her mother the abuse she suffered in the hands of her step father or the way she slept with the boys on the street in exchange for favours. Were they meant to hug, kiss and make up? She was looking at this woman now and no such emotion or willingness to reconcile passed through her mind. The woman was still crying and a small crowd was beginning to gather, kids in tattered hair and panties were in a corner chewing their fingernails, others grinning like the Cheshire cat.

"What makes me special now? Why do you so desperately want me to be your child now. If I remember well, you always told me I was worthless and I would die before you. So I am puzzled, what is different now?". The woman raised her hand to her head, the tears seem to multiply, she wasn't even aware that this woman knew how to cry, perhaps she was shedding all the tears she was meant to shed for her since she was a kid.

"I know you are angry with me. I know it. But see how you have grown into a beautiful woman, it is because I loved you that was why I was so strict with you. Now you have a very rich husband, you can now take care of us!" Zandra began to laugh, she laughed so much tears began to come out of her eyes and the old woman who mistook it for tears of joy proceeded to hug her daughter, but she met stiff shoulders. Zandra detangled herself from the woman and took the final strides to the car, she was still laughing. Her mother tried to follow suit but Samson caught up with her and said something to her. The old woman ran back inside and came back with a file and handed it over to Samson, Samson in return gave her a brown envelope, she was sure contained cash, Zandra witnessing this, gave a long hiss. Samson was still talking to the woman who seemed to be raining prayers on him, he shook her hand and led the woman back into the house. Few minutes later he was back into the car but that was after he was able to let off begging children, by passing cash to them

“You know those kids will probably do nothing good with that money you gave them? It would either be relieved off them by their parents or somebody else and at most they will spend it on crap.”
“Okay. Thanks for the tip.”
“Are you pissed at me? I mean we came here and I didn’t hug and kiss, I walked away.”
“I think you had been needing to walk away for years and not just run away.”
“Did you hear all that? She was really about the money and somebody that would take care of her and her kids.”
“Yes I did.” The car was now moving and she looked back one last time, the woman was nowhere to be found, it was just that wretched house and kids in panties waving at them, she caught a glimpse of a girl in threaded hair, she was all smiles and jubilating, the girl reminded her of herself, she never wants to remember again, but wait it was okay it was part of who she was, she turned back and waved at the little girl. She prayed the girl didn’t have to go through what she went through, she prayed.
“She only agreed to see me when she thought I had money didn’t she?”
“Yes.”
“Means she hasn’t changed that much. I don’t regret leaving, I might have left the wrong way but I do not regret leaving. I see you are now her new best friend. What did she give you?
“An excuse for a party.”
“What do you mean?”
“it is your birth certificate.”

He handed the envelope over to her. She didn’t understand why he was doing all of this, she was scared to even open the envelope. Her hands were shaking, it was all too much for her, her hands were shaking, she could smell that stench again. The stench that fouled the room from Alhaji’s leg, did she carry it with her? Her breathing increased and Samson was watching her with growing concern, he was about to say something to her but she had started to scream.
“Stop the car! Stop the car!!” The car came to stop with a screech from the force of the sudden application of brakes. She opened the door and got down from the car, she started to remove her jacket.
“I stink, I stink of that room, I am stinking of Alhaji’s legs. I can’t....” Samson was swift, he was by her side already, he must fear that she would de robe completely, she was going to, she can’t smell like that, she would rather go naked. He was holding her now and forcing her to face him.
“Look at me Zandra, Zandra look at me.” She was wriggling, she was out of her mind, she didn’t understand what she was doing herself. He hugged her, and started to whisper into her ears.
“You do not stink, they do. I am holding you and I cannot smell a thing. You smell like a beautiful garden, it is that envelope, its stench must have gotten to you. Calm down, please calm down.” She kept herself from crying, was she this disturbed, what did she just do right now? Did she want to be branded a lunatic? She was glad they were at the outskirts of the town en route to the school and very few cars were passing. Some were slowing down to watch the drama. She had half removed her top.
“I am screwed up! I am a mess. What are you doing with me? I am no good as anything. I can’t even be friends with my own mother.”
“Calm down, calm down.” He kept repeating as he helped her put her top back on properly and went to fish the jacket from where she had flung it. He led her back into the car and placed her legs on his laps for the rest of the journey. The envelope was mysteriously now nowhere to be found,
“I want to be sending them money every month, Alhaji needs to get care and her kids need to have something better than I did.”
“You are right.”
“I mean he is just a weak invalid bastard right now, I can’t ever believe I let him touch me. He should be dead he is an ogre.”
“He is a cripple now and you are in the best of shape, away from him, he lost. You won.”

“I guess so.” She went silent and she was sure Samson was being politically correct so he kept quite. It was the same way for the helicopter ride back home. He would occasionally glance to check on her but she was miles away from him. She was aware he looked at her and each time he did, she remembered his words that she smelt like a beautiful garden. It was her perfume of course but she was more than happy to be reassured that she didn’t carry the stench with her. She still didn’t know her birth date, she didn’t want to ask. She knew Samson would tell her at some point. She trusted him, but she wasn’t meant to trust him too much. It might be a stupid thing to do. She needed rest, she was going to sleep when she gets back home. Samson grabbed her hand.

“Are you okay?” he asked with the most innocent voice she had ever heard in a man.
“Yes I am, I just need to sleep”.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 2:47pm On Oct 29, 2013
Tnx God today is tuesday... Jus finished readin ur last update, sayin it was superb wil b an undastatement it was wondafuly writen.., more ink to ur pen... U r doin awesomely grt

1 Like

Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Bimcious(f): 9:11pm On Oct 29, 2013
Swetheart, u post got me smiling. Now, lot of #kisses, #hugs and love. This was Fantasic. Sorry for using d F word
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
smileysmileycheesycheesy
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by shaks97(m): 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
we Samsons are just the bosses
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Adinije(f): 9:18am On Oct 31, 2013
I just stumble on the thread yesterday and couldn't sleep till l finished it. more grease to ur elbow...I want some more. I can wait to see how pa Willams treat Sesan's Bleep up.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 1:44pm On Oct 31, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: Tnx God today is tuesday... Jus finished readin ur last update, sayin it was superb wil b an undastatement it was wondafuly writen.., more ink to ur pen... U r doin awesomely grt
Thanks darl I finally found the kiss button so pls take loads of it kiss kiss kiss kiss

Bimcious: Swetheart, u post got me smiling. Now, lot of #kisses, #hugs and love. This was Fantasic. Sorry for using d F word
Baby gal I am feeling this love and kissed O. I send many of mine back to you sweets. Hugs kiss Hugs kiss Hugs kiss Okay don't let me nauseate u with love.

Candis009: smileysmileycheesycheesy
My sweetum! I see that you are smiling and laughing, this is giving me joy in my heart. Kai chop kilz my love kiss (Very long one ) no homo so they wont give us 14 years, you know Nigeria now.

shaks97: we Samsons are just the bosses
Yes BOSS!

Adinije: I just stumble on the thread yesterday and couldn't sleep till l finished it. more grease to ur elbow...I want some more. I can wait to see how pa Willams treat Sesan's Bleep up.
Hi Adinije, welcome on board and I am so glad you are enjoying the story, hope you enjoy it thoroughly till the end
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 1:45pm On Oct 31, 2013
Sunday Night, 9,pm.

She woke up and looked around, he was nowhere to be found, she couldn’t remember the trip home, her mind had been filled up with nothingness all she knew was that she didn’t feel like talking and Samson was smart enough not to ask her what was wrong with her or how she felt. Funny enough she enjoyed the silence , it let her open her mind to the blankness, and the nothingness. She had occasionally glanced at Samson and thought to herself that he might be the most perfect man in the world and Francesca was so lucky to have him. He made her happy; in fact he made her very happy she was beginning to be ashamed of it. It meant she was ungrateful to Sesan who brought her out of that hell hole to live a better life, he had made her promise not to be an ungrateful bowl of slime but the well chiselled features and kindness of this temptation they call Samson Williams made him a threat. She was going to thank him at least for letting her dump her past and not making her look like a mad woman on the road. She wasn’t sure when she slept off again but she found herself awake now on her bed.

When she found him, he had in front of him an almost empty bottle of Johnny Walker, he was seriously enamoured by a game he was playing on his xbox. It was very rare to see him in this light, especially since he only ever was seen in that slavery suit he wore to work, he looked good in it but his expressions always resembled that of a funeral director. He noticed her looking at him from the door way, he paused his game and directed his gaze towards her.

“You up?!”
“Yup, obviously” She was still at the doorway, she didn’t dare to move an inch, she was shy, embarrassed, happy, thankful and guilty, so she tore her eyes away form his and glanced at the door. He got up and moved toward her to give her a hug, that wasn’t what she expected but it was very welcome.

“I hope you are better now, I am sorry if that was too much of a shock for you but you needed to see that, that is not who you are. It’s the past and you chose today that you did not want to have anything to do with I, except maybe some funding. I am proud of you.” Those words were soothing although they were the repeat of what he had been telling her for a while, she hated broken records, but he was an exception, she felt so warm and accepted in his arms and his breath gave a faint scent of the alcohol he had been taking. She decided to take the taste off him so she kissed him.

It was very slow at first, she had expected him to stay put like a statue and give her the stony expression he gave everybody, she had planned in her mind to fall to the floor and cry if he did, at least he would have pity intercourse with her or console her saying she was distraught. She knew she wanted to screw his brains out and she was happy he did not push her away, instead his hands found his way to her butt cheeks and cupped them, pulling her closer to him and his lower region, she felt like a school girl discovering the joys of being turned on for the first time, she could probably re-lose her virginity again tonight. His hands were now touching her bosoms and she could feel the conditioned air hit it as it found its way out of her bra and blouse greeted by his plush tongue, He scooped her up soon after wards and placed her against the wall, he looked straight into her eyes and that was when she lost her senses.

Samson,Monday 8th, 1:45am
Some mornings he hated his alarm, he had a headache and the piece of crap was going off at 3am instead of its usual 5.30 am, he had set it a little earlier for Sunday morning so he could do his customary thirty minute workout, close some files he needed to work on later in the day and then take Zandra back home. Drats Zandra! He immediately turned to the side of the bed she was meant to be, perhaps to watch her sleep he did not know, but she was not there. She must have gone back to her room, he couldn’t believe himself, he had slept with her. How did that happen? That was a silly question, he knew how it happened, he knew that there was a little voice in his head warning him to take his face away when she leaned forward to kiss him, but he knew that he didn’t want to resist her, he needed to have a taste for her lips, he needed to have a taste of every part of her body. But where was the girl now?

An empty bed and bathroom signified that she wasn’t in her room either, he checked everywhere but she was no where to be found. That was strange, did she disappear in the middle of the night? For sure she couldn’t have gone, could she? He reluctantly pulled himself to the window to check where her car would normally be packed but unfortunately it was nowhere to be found. She was gone! He didn’t understand it, how could she have gone after last night? He felt like calling the security to confirm but there was no need. He went back to her room and noticed what he hadn’t noticed before, all her bags were packed. There was nothing in the room that said Zandra to him, she was gone without a word or a note. He was angry, she took the ring with her again.

Nobody had made him feel this way for a long time, what was this all about? How on earth could this chic just vanish. He stopped at the bar and poured himself some brandy. What has he done? He slept with a leopard that wouldn’t change its stripes, when he had a beautiful lady who loved him that he should focus on. Not in a million years would he say he would have cheated on Francesca, but he tried to dine with the devil with a long spoon, invited her into his house, let her cry and weep in his arms and he started to fall. Crap what was this? Did he hope for a happy ending, he just had to tell Francesca. He made a mistake, he had fallen.

Instead he dialled Zandra’s line, it wasn’t reachable, he at least wanted to talk to her, wanted to know why she left, but then he soon realised he was making excuses for her and his cheating behavior. He wanted to see her again, he wanted her back, and he wondered if she was ever going to accept him. He was a good man, what was he thinking? He just had to confess to Francesca and let her decide what to do with him. He felt so many things at that instant but he knew he was not ashamed of what he did, he wished he was, but he wasn’t. He didn’t want to be given any form of preferential treatment by Zandra though. He would send a cheque to her for her services later in the day, he would include a note that says. “I trust in your discretion, keep the ring ”. Even if he did something he didn’t want it to be public knowledge. Yes he made a mistake, he hoped he had helped her a little, it was time for this chapter to be closed, he just couldn’t help but wonder if he got it all wrong, if she had just gone home to do something, but people just don’t pack all their stuff and leave somebody who they just slept with in the wee hours of the morning. It was a message to him and he got it loud and clear. He had intruded long enough....He just wished he was more welcome. He hoped that wasn’t what a heart break felt like.

Monday 8th 2005, 4.12pm.

What was it they said about a woman scorned again? Zandra had barged into his office; her eyes looked like she had just borrowed the flames of hell to put in them. In one of her hands was a cheque he had written and told one of the drivers to deliver to her. Did the cheque bounce? That question was soon answered by her own question.

"What is this? "
"A cheque, what does it look like?"
"I know what a cheque looks like but what is it for?" She wasn’t shouting, she was whispering as if she was ashamed somebody could hear their conversation. It was then he knew that she was hurt and he began to see the foolishness of his actions, but now he was confused, why did she leave?

"For yesterday night." She was bent looking down at him like a mother looks at an erring child, but she straightened up when he gave her his reply, she did a millisecond dance with her mouth then spoke.

"I just wanted you to say it. You short changed me if this was for yesterday night, I let you kiss me and it was without protection adding to the risk of some disease; please include a hundred thousand naira to this sum. Or I raise my voice higher than it is." He couldn’t believe himself, he was paying for intimacy and not from anybody but from a hooker he had sworn he would never sleep with. He hadn't seen himself in a million years doing this, he didn’t want to have an argument with her, she would win.

He was now writing a fresh cheque but what he really wanted to ask her was, why did she leave? He wished he didn't care but he did, flashes of what had happened kept on appearing in his mind, her moans, and her gasp when he first entered her and the perfection of her body. Her presence there didn’t make it easier but he believed whatever unspoken contract that bound them was over.

"Here" He said extending the cheque to her and her hands were fast to collect it, just like the hands of a pickpocket, which she was. She examined the cheque carefully like a physician would a patient. She then turned her back to him and towards the door, she reached the door and came back again, this time, she had daggers instead of flames in her eyes. Her hands were doing something rapid, she was tearing the cheque into pieces and she littered the floor with the white flakes.

“I should slap you, but I do not have the strength in me right now to do so. How dare you?!” With that she walked out of the office. He deserved that he was scum.

Monday 8th, 8:16pm.
Nobody was answering Zandra’s door. He had been knocking for the past few minutes but he didn’t get an answer, he even pressed the faulty doorbell occasionally. He kept on dialling her number but she wouldn’t pick up. Sometimes the annoying user busy message pops up on the screen, other times it was an annoying female voice that bitched to him in a nice tone that the person he was trying to call did not want to speak to him.

Maybe he had to become a nuisance, he pondered for a moment on those movie scenes where the hero goes to meet the heroine and he would stand by her window playing a special song till the lady comes out of her makeshift cave. That couldn't work because they didn’t have a special song and even if he did he didn’t come with a stereo that was loud enough to make a fool of him, so consequentially he couldn’t make enough noise to fish her out of the sixth floor. It would be wise for him to send her a text message informing her that he was not going to leave and he was there with wine and two boxes of ferraro Rochere’s her favorite chocolates. Instead of knocking, he should send her texts. So he started. “I am sorry, I was confused why you had left with your things.” Okay maybe he needed to send another. “I am here in front of your apartment, I will not leave until you come out, I have your favourite box of chocolate and wine as peace offering.” Would that work? He was desperate to be texting her, he wasn’t entirely sure she would get all what he meant. He wished he had Yinka’s number her room mates number, so he would call her and ask when she would be back home from work, but he had a feeling that girl hated him, the way she acted towards him, so he never got her number and he wasn’t if she would be much help.
Perhaps he had to knock again, he would continue texting later, as he raised his hand to hit the door, it opened, it was almost too late because his extended hand was about to hit Zandra and he was glad she dodged it. Damn he came here to apologize not to cause grievous body harm.

"I am sorry, I am sorry he blurted out". She didn't act like she heard him, she shut the door firmly and pulled him to the staircase. Perhaps she didn’t want to scream at him at her doorstep, but he was sure she didn't want him in her house.

""I got your message, I have been in the room with the television on, you know how hard it is to hear when that thing is on....what are you doing here ? She queried.
"I am here to apologize."
"Okay apology accepted but you need to go" That was a quick approval.
"We need to talk about what happened..,..I was daft I treated you poorly. I was ju....."
"My boyfriend is around, he can't see you here. It’s why I left that early in the morning. He just can’t find me talking to you here. He can’t and must not know who you are". He felt like he could hear a loud gong being rung in his ear. Was she serious?

"Are you serious? Who is around, Sean your love-vendor?"
"Sean my boyfriend." He wanted to shout some obscenities that starts with F right in her face, he didn't know if he hated her, but there was a boiling feeling in him. He needed to punch something, he only felt like this when he is about to lose and he hated loosing.

"Are you insane? You are calling that animal your boyfriend, after us? After paying you not to shag around, you are going with an idiot who bloody wants you to sell yourself for money. God dammit! Why are you acting like a stupid piece of crap? That bloody asshole, sodding wants you to mess around for money…….I have loads of that, loads of it I can bloody give you and instead of kicking his ass to the last hole of hell where he belongs, you bloody run to him when he comes back.Drats. Yassus!" He had definitely had lost his gentle man and Zandra didn't seem to care. What was he even doing there? He was Samson Williams! He didn't have to beg anybody for anything, they willingly gave it to him.

"Do you expect me to leave Sean just like that? I met him before I met you. I will see you later, please leave he can't see you here. Please. I promise to come over. I am sorry okay, but there is nothing I can do for now. Please its for your own good, he can't see you".
"And what if he bloody sees me?"
"Please go, please." She was retreating from the stairs back to her apartment, her voice the shadow of a hush, he didn't follow her, his pride wouldn’t let him as he realised he was the other man in her life. It was at that same moment it dawned on him that he had fallen in love with her. He was a big fool. She had now retreated into her apartment and he was still by the stairs, he wanted to knock down the door and throw down the stairs whatever piece of maggot he might encounter there with her, fortunately for him his gentleman was back, so he made his way back to his car, with his peace offering. He clicked on the third speed dial on his phone and it was picked after the first ring. An all too familiar voice breathed to him at the end of the line.

“Hi baby.” Francesca said, he didn’t reply
"Darling are you okay?"
"Yes...no." He could hear the concern in her voice as she gasped at the no.
"Awww, what’s wrong baby? Did you have a terrible day at work? I wish I was there to pamper you."
"Francesca I need to talk to you."
"Please share, you know I am here for you."
"I shouldn't say this over the phone, I need to come see you ."
"Baby, please talk. I don’t like the tone of your voice."
"I should tell you this in person, but I have suddenly realised that I am a coward"
"Baby, you are scaring me."
"I slept with someone"
"Pardon?"
"I said I slept with someone". The phone went dead, he redialed but no one picked it, it was switched off at the fourth try. He deserved to be treated like scum.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Bimcious(f): 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2013
wink smileyu just made my nyt. Sweet dreams. Dis is a wonderful update
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by ijib: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2013
kiss I love you Xenia. Now I can sleep well. Thanks for the update. Have a lovely night.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by sconp: 5:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
You are killin me so softly. But i can't die.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Hardeluv(f): 11:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
This is great dearie. Thumps up n sweet drms.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
Oooh ma luvly Xenia.. U d bst n u bring a smile to my face anytime I read ur update,tank u very much
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Hardeluv(f): 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2013
Xenaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dnt let moi boys com carry u oooo, whr z d update na *angry face*
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by tollydoll(f): 9:02am On Nov 06, 2013
Pls ma come and update[b][/b]6231940624
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
Pls cum nd do justice 2 dis story... U kept us thirsty nd hungry 4 lng... Pls pls embarassed
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by ijib: 11:23am On Nov 07, 2013
C'mon babe update already na. I'm beginning to think I should quit and return after the story is completed.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Bimcious(f): 10:55am On Nov 10, 2013
Sweetie, dis one dat u are keeping us waiting we are excepting supper long update as a conpenciation. I hope all is well. Take care of urself. Lot of love
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 9:51am On Nov 12, 2013
I am sorry guys that this came so late. Bimcious, Ijib, Hardeluv, Candis009, scon-p, SPLENDIDFLOOZY and tollydoll, I am on my knees right now begging you people, when you a read this imagine me on my knees, because I am kneeling down to type this. It has been crazy hectic here and recently four new projects got added to my table, meaning I won’t be able to post more than once a week because my writings will be delegated to few minutes in the mornings. I beg you all no vex for me, it is Satan that wants to drive a wedge between us, but it no go possible. I want to thank you all for giving me juice to write all along. Family hugs and kisses.
Tollydoll I have not seen your comment here before and I am sorry the first one you will put is one where you have to ask for an update. I dey cry, but glad you are following and hopefully enjoying.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 9:52am On Nov 12, 2013
Zandra Saturday , May 21 ,2005
"So all these shoes are new, yes?" Sesan was saying as he picked his teeth with an unusually over sized toothpick, he had just had lunch and he was doing that thing he normally did after food, where he would lift up his shirt and rub his belly counter clock wise, it was even more comical now that he was getting a pot belly. He had been screaming about his dire need for some pounded yam and egusi soup since he came back, so she made it a priority to cook it for him. He was thankful, but now he was more interested in the unopened shoe boxes, she had in a corner. She had forgotten about them, when did she buy it self? Oh when that sale came up.

"Yes they are...very lovely shoes, got them on sale".
"Good, good. You are size 39 right?"
"Yes I am."
"That I am going to need."
"What do you need?"
"The shoes."
"Why? You are wearing women shoes now?" She knew she could make a joke like that right now because he had eaten and was happy, if he was in any other mood she knew that she would have to eat back those words. She felt so different all of a sudden, it seemed like being with him was no longer her dream, she had always wanted to marry him, have his kids, give their kids a life they couldn’t afford when she and Sesan were little, but now she was becoming unsure of that reality.

“I need them for this girl.”
“Which girl?”
“As if you don’t know.”
“Who now? Tell me now.”
“Marilyn of course.” She shifted on her chair, was she hearing right, when did Marilyn turn to a girl who he gave gifts to? He never gives gifts, instead he collects.
“When did you start giving Marilyn gifts?”
“Why are you asking this kind of stupid question?” It was her cue to back off but she just could not let it go. The deal with Marilyn was to date her and use her to get to the top; he would then break up with her later. He was so near to the top already, he didn’t get there by giving gifts to any woman; he got there by cajoling the chairman and romance with the daughter, which had never for once involved gifts.

“Do you want to marry her?” He stopped picking his teeth and clapped his hands like a market woman would to an insult; thank God he was in a good mood.
“You think I can marry into such a frustrating family? None of them can know happiness in that house, and what are you going to say about us if I marry her. You are the only woman I love and can marry. That one is just a wobbly chewing gum, she is not as rugged as you. You would go through fire with me, she doesn’t know the taste of fire. I can’t even believe you are bringing this up. Shame on you for thinking such a thing.”
“Okay ” she said smiling, that reassured her, he would be a great confidence building coach or motivational speaker, if only he could venture into that business. Then a little voice whispered to her, “but you can marry Samson if he asked you to…..” She didn’t want to think about it, she was meant to be a good person and let Samson go, she was meant to give all to Sesan the love of her life but she didn’t know why she wanted to break away.

It made her sick and uneasy , she should probably take her mind off the issue. The problem was she had trouble sleeping, she woke up at odd times in the night and it really pissed her off. She couldn’t tell anyone, Yinka wouldn’t understand, she would probably laugh, call her selfish. It was a crime to tell Sesan, she knew about a thousand things he would ask her to do and she would have no choice but to smile and do them all. She wanted to cry, but it would be suspicious, maybe she should call Samson, he was the only friend she had, but she was not a decent person, she slept with him already. He would be happier now, she hoped he missed her.

She was an extremely selfish person, she had just realized it, she didn’t want to let Samson go and she was not ready to give up Sesan either. It was selfish to leave Sesan, he made her who she was today and they had gone through the rubble together, she felt like a married woman who cheated on her husband with a more successful version of him. The only problem here was that she was allowed to cheat but she was not allowed to fall in love, her heart was sinking, she felt it was so visible that Samson would notice but he wasn’t even looking at her, he was still reading the paper and sipping on spirit and smoking his cigar.

This must be what it feels like to have a guilty conscience, it was a rare disease she caught and it was eating her raw like leprosy. She felt like scattering the room, breaking all the breakables, destroying something , pulling her hair out and screaming. But she was reasonable, that only happened in movies or with Samson, she almost giggled at that thought. She had been unfair, she could slap Samson anytime and anyway she wanted and he would be gentle and tolerant . Sesan would give her additional marks on her back by using her to mop the floor. She felt like writing a letter to him and apologizing, that would be silly and what did she know how to write? Instead she opted for a shower.

When she came back into the living room, the television was switched on and a music video she didn’t think was important was blazing out of it, Sesan was engrossed in a newspaper, so she relaxed into the sofa, in her bath robe. She had nothing else to do, but had her thoughts to torture her, she scrolled through her phone contacts and contemplated calling a couple of them to signify her availability, but she didn’t know how anymore, it felt wrong in a way, in every way. She had lost her touch. Sesan would be pissed, he must not find out, he knew that she had a mark who kept a constant supply of cash to her, he needed to know why some of the customers had called him to ask why she was unavailable. He would be furious if he found out that she was no longer interested in the game anymore.

“Hmmmmm, na wa O.” Sesan let out, was he reading her mind? Did she say something out loud? She kept still so that she would not give anything else away.
“These rich people self, they will not kill us.”
“What happened to rich people?” She was forced to ask what he meant, she was almost sure she was paranoid, only asking would clear out the doubt.

“Is it not the way they want to give us the less privileged heart attacks, let me read this out to you….. This is an exclusive scoop, Olofofo’s on the set of Sudden where Actress Francesca Bright plays the role of grass to grace female politician, has provided us with pictures and juicy gossip of how her boo of many years the heir to the Williams oil estate, came on set at around midnight and proposed in the most spectacular way .He had with him the 12 gifts of Christmas a true love would give to his lover. There was a partridge but no pear tree, two turtle doves, three French hens, four colly birds, six geese, seven swans, eight maids that held up placards that said forgive me , nine ladies that were actually dancing, ten men, 11 pipers and 12 drummers beating a tune to the dancing and merriment. People who were there said production had to be halted because of the scene the lover boy was creating. He was said to go on his knees, and pretty Francisca burst into tears when he said he knew he was not the perfect man in the world but he wanted to be perfect for her. He then asked her to marry him, he said if she would say no, she should say it indoors so as to spare him the shame, but he promises to spoil her for the rest of her life if she did. The smart lady was quick to say yes to the offer” Sesan looked at her after reading it all, he motioned to her to come over “Come and see the pictures, this boy is not joking at all.”

She had been frozen on the couch, she didn’t expect such news to tear her up, when she was already tearing up at the loss of her friendship with him. She was meant to be relieved; nothing good would have come out of their union. Did she even think that he would marry her, she was a common comfort lady, where on earth did she get such a stupid idea from? She got up to see the pictures and the first thing that caught her eye was the replica of the ring she had stolen, then there were pictures of the circus of people and birds he had employed for the proposal, there were two pictures of Francesca smiling her eyes off, one where she was covering her mouth when he was knelling down. Why do women cover their mouths when they propose to them? It was a silly gesture. She wasn’t sure if it was the jealousy in her that made her think that way, but her heart sunk when she saw Samson hugging Francesca, he was looking straight into the camera as if he intended for her to see it, to let her know she was spitted, he had a more beautiful and respectable woman who loved him. It was as if she was hearing him say those words to her. She returned the paper to Sesan, she had seen enough.

“ I have a headache, these pictures are not that special.”
“You are a liar, what do you think this spoilt brat is doing with five gold rings and a diamond ring. These are the people ruining Nigeria with their money. How can you do such a thing for a proposal?”
“I am really not interested in talking about it” The irritation and anxiety was now evident in her voice, that was the problem with Sesan, he didn’t know when to stop. If it were Samson, he would have let her be or she would have walked away. He always let her cool off, she couldn’t even believe she was still thinking about what Samson would do in this situation, she was obviously insane and out of her mind, he was now an engaged man and she was a soon to be engaged woman.
“Do you know him?”
“Know who?” she knew he was referring to Samson, but she had to ask so that it wouldn’t be obvious she was not thinking about him. She had to fool herself and him.
“Samson Williams.”

Fear is a terrible feeling it grips you in the heart like the talons of a bird but then you realize that it wasn’t only your heart that felt this way, your stomach was in chaos, it didn’t rumble like she was hungry, instead she could feel the hard lump building like a mountain in her stomach. She hated to be scared, it didn’t do her justice but she was and there was nothing she could do about it.
“Do you know him?” Sesan asked again, her mouth was dry, very dry but she summoned the best of her acting skills and gave him an odd look.
“No, I don’t, where will I meet him. You saw Samson Williams and you are calculating already.”
“Tell me if you yourself do not like money….but come , have you started to lie to me? I won’t take it easy if this a lie.”
“I have never lied to you, never have and never will”. It was a lie, it was the beginning of the lies to him, strangely the fear had given away to a peaceful and contended feeling. He would never know, it was best that way. She got up and left the room, she needed some sleeping pills, she needed sleep.

Samson Tuesday Evening, May 24 2005.
Zandra was the last person he expected to see her name on a hamper basket congratulating him on his engagement. Frankly very few friends had bothered to send gifts, his business associates were smart enough to send appropriate gifts but he didn’t expect any from someone like it. He kept on staring at the hamper and wondering if she was playing a game with him. Why would It send such a taunting gift? For the very first time in his life after his grandfather weaned him, he had wanted something so wrong and so bad for him, he tried to make it good, he knew he tried his best but It was rotten to the core. He didn’t want to refer to her as a human anymore she was an It.

It had to be a good bye gift from It to him, he was so angry that It had so unceremoniously ended their blossoming affair. It crashed into his reality, then woke up one day and went into It’s own reality with such a callous attitude. His father had noticed, he snarled instead of his calm put offs his father had immediately guessed what had happened. He had likened the thing to a hangover, you are high when you are on it but the headache and the sudden realization of how far off you had gone hits you in the morning. The thing about hangovers is that they make you swear off drinks, you go on certain lengths of drink celibacy but then again you begin to crave the thirst. He had done the right thing to tell Francesca what had happened, her later forgiveness and acceptance of him made him realize how wrong and stupid he had been, he had thrown himself in a lost ocean to a poisonous siren and….. he didn’t want to think about the damning viper, he should be thinking about Francesca.

Most men do not deserve a woman like Francesca, she was kind, gentle and poised. Although she had her moments when se was awkward, she was a breath of fresh air. She knew the correct thing to say, she knew just how long she was meant to use to punish him for his digressions and he loved her enough to want to marry her. It was the practical thing to do to remove the bitter taste of that girl from his mouth, his father had warned him against this, but it needed to be done. It was easier to forget a woman when you drown her with another more perfect than the previous. The hurt he had given Francesca made him more protective of her. Francesca had called his mother and wept to her the next day he broke the news of his affair to her, she had fallen sick, she couldn’t act. She just laid on the floor in her hotel room a frail broken figure. He hadn’t seen her but he imagined the way she would look.

His mother had taken action immediately, she had stormed into his house and raised hell, it was like he got a bad grade in school again the way she shrieked. Yet he wasn’t moved something had died inside of him and coldness had risen in its place, he was attending his own funeral, gloom had covered him, he was grieving. He understood that Francesca was rightfully mad at him, he understood that his mother was losing her head but what he failed to understand was why he couldn’t just go on. It had become more than a hangover It had become a craving and his mother’s shrieks were nothing to make him feel the shame. He knew he was wrong but he just did not feel the shame, When he realized this he knew he had to do something, so he asked his mother if she could help him ask Francesca that if he proposed will she agree especially if he promised not to hurt her. This had stopped his raving mother on the tracks, she calmed down and sat next to him. She had told him he was taking the right step. It didn’t feel right but he knew in time it would.

Again most men did not deserve Francesca, she had told his mother she would marry him but she wanted to talk to him first. He was with her within three hours she made her decision known to his mother, He had to be quick, he wasn’t sure if he would change his mind but he was in her rented apartment in the city she was shooting that very night. She looked so delicate in the jeans and cardigan she wore, her naturally long and healthy locks were combed out, she had just loosened a hair style, a stylist was to pit in a new one the next morning on set, she looked frail, she looked injured, she looked beautiful. It made him realize his mistake. He was indeed a spoilt brat, they starred at each other for minutes till she broke the silence, she asked him if it were the same girl people had told her about, that she was worried about previously and made her come to him. He had answered in the affirmative and he could see the hurt look more visibly in her eyes which were clear and pristine. That was when he fully realized the extent of what he had done, he had broken something really special. So he decided to tell her everything, he wanted a clean slate, he wanted to rebuild it back. He wanted to atone to Francesca what he had done, she didn’t deserve to be treated the way he did her. She had forgiven him but she let him sleep in another room and not with her, she had kissed his forehead, she was still hurt.

The time alone got him to thinking about how he would propose, it had to be befitting of her. He stayed up all night thinking of a befitting way to do it and by morning all the emails were already sent to everyone who was to be involved, he moved out of her apartment that morning, he wanted to give her space to breathe, they could go for dinner together and he would work from his hotel room. He thought it would be a slow road to their recovery but she invited over after three days then she cried and cried and cried. He had done her wrong. It then occurred to him she may love him more than the way he actually loved her but he knew love grew, after all it grew within the space of Jack Robinson for the other girl. They were engaged that weekend, he had doubts if she would say yes, he had nothing to worry about, he had been forgiven so he begged her to come home to him after her movie, she agreed, everything was back to normal.

Except there was this abnormal hamper basket he was staring at, it was a representation of something he did not want to remember. His Grand-father had taught him to cut off connection with whatever he did not want to be associated with; this one had a hamper basket congratulating him in his front. The pain came back, he couldn’t block it, the pain formed her figure in his mind again, she was not a thing, she was a taboo he was never meant to indulge in that scarred him. It came back, how she rushed him away like he was insignificant, how she obviously chose somebody else over him who was trying to help her. He just began to understand why she may have done that, he knew he would have chosen the hot mess of a girl over Francesca who was the best for him, it was strangely illogical of him but he knew he would have.

The thought of ignoring it had crossed his mind, in fact he had ignored successfully since it arrived yesterday night but this evening it was getting more and more difficult to ignore. He could smell her perfume just by looking at the hamper, he could smell her cooking, there was something definitely wrong here. He even contemplated voodoo but he knew he was being silly. He would just give the hamper out to his gateman but he should at least call to say thank you. It was a tempting idea, very tempting, he was nervous she would pick up the phone in her sharp courteous business manner which included teases reminding him he was just now a friend and he could call her up anytime. She would joke about herself being a futile transformation case, because she would always and forever be the bad girl. At least he should call her for a proper goodbye, he would of course tell Francesca so there will be no secrets between them.

It was a deep husky voice that picked up with a resounding hello; he said nothing for about two seconds and then cut it off. That must have been Sean John; her conquests he knew were not allowed near her personal property. What was he thinking? It was absolutely foolish of him to even try to call. He deleted her numbers so he wouldn’t have to anymore. Ten minutes later a number that seemed to end with her last digits called him, he ignored it, he didn’t pick calls from people who are not on his contacts list.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Hardeluv(f): 11:07am On Nov 12, 2013
Following silently.
Countin cellings 4 d next update.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2013
I want moooooreeeee...

I knw d@ Idiot Sean found out,used ha to mop d floor n lata planned it for ha to go back,marry hm n robb hm of hs wealth..

I feel lyk stranglin Sean
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Sophiatabitha(f): 11:59pm On Nov 12, 2013
Candis009: I want moooooreeeee...

I knw d@ Idiot Sean found out,used ha to mop d floor n lata planned it for ha to go back,marry hm n robb hm of hs wealth..

I feel lyk stranglin Sean

Me too. I am so mad at Xandra. What a coward she lacked backbone
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by sconp: 6:48am On Nov 13, 2013
Gently following
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Fkforyou(m): 2:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
One word.....AWESOME...keep it up lady.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by ESIXLOVE: 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2013
wetin b dis nah...i tak GOD name tak beg u..update
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Bimcious(f): 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
Missy great writing skills. Lot of loves.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by XeniaOnatopp: 9:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hey Guys,
I am deeply sorry I have not been able to post all week. As usual the week has been crazy and I have had to travel to three states this week, I have just been notified that I am on a 6:45 flight out of lagos tomorrow morning, so there goes another morning I promised to write for you guys. This is a hindrance, coupled with the fact that its my birthday weekend, so I have to prepare for that also. I am so sorry that I have not been able to post, I am trying my best to update, please do not hate me, it will kill me if you do. family hugs and kisses.

PS: I can tell you guys that the next bit of the story will have Zandra waiting for Samson at the Williams Towers lobby, so she can chat him up. She is wearing an over-sized floppy hat and sunshades, while using a newspaper to cover her face so that she won't be easily recognized. Samson of course easily recognizes her as he strolls out of work for the day. He wanted to walk away but he finds himself stopping in her front and yanking the newspaper away from her face........

Love you guys.
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by princesa(f): 10:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
You've got a fan here, so do update as promised.

The Lord is ur muscle
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by sconp: 11:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
Scon-p is waitin
Re: The Woman He Wished He Never Met. (fiction) by Sophiatabitha(f): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
Na wa o. So after all the scrolling i no even see anything read. My down button is beging for mercy. Plis update ni. Dying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / How To Write A Letter To Apply For Loan In Your Company / Living With My Grandma (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.