Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

How Does Music Business Work - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / How Does Music Business Work (2325 Views)

The Clueless Music Business "Ceos" / Music Business! / Music Business Agency:need A Job?as An Artistes/songwriters/instrumentalist/prod (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Music Business Work by miguel647: 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2008
hello please can anyone tell me how does music business work? I mean for example when one is starting up with a track or 2, and you want it to be heard everywhere and maybe get you shows b4 u drop ur album, how does one go about it? THANKS
Re: How Does Music Business Work by G2NERY: 4:59pm On Jun 15, 2008
Hey dude it aint easy. you must be loaded with some big time cash. if you have like 2 tracks that are really tight all you need to do is go to radio stations try and get intouch with presenters not djs pls dont go near those money sucking nati's. they will collect from you and may not play you tracks. and more so dont entrust anyone, that is dont give a third party cash, they will drain you down. be carefull you will need to make direct contacts with the presenters, they will ask you for money, all the same it is better you get known by presenters they will present you to the public then if you are tigh enough dj's will have no options than to play your stuff. But ma guy it will cost you a whole lota cash except you really kow someone in the system you can trust. Good luck.
Re: How Does Music Business Work by miguel647: 11:18am On Jun 16, 2008
i wanna thank you a lot, i wanna know what u think about the idea of just taking it to the marketers like TJOE and OBAINO to do the whole job, someone gave me that idea and dont know whether its right.
Re: How Does Music Business Work by Rapsody(m): 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2008
its possible, bt if u want a good deal uve got 2 make a name 4 urself and secured a fan base, that way u hve a stronger position 2 negotiate frm. Dudes like dat wonna be sure ur record can push a lotta units. Ya dig?
Re: How Does Music Business Work by miguel647: 11:50am On Jun 18, 2008
hell yeah man, i want to thank you a lot, for ya help. Let me ask after i have gotten a name, will the marketers require that i give them a full album or they can just take the number of tracks i have already.
Re: How Does Music Business Work by pureminded: 11:31am On Oct 07, 2008
I really want to understand some logics in d music business. After getting a song produced as a single , going about the promotion is their any company or person who can take up the job of promotion and getting shows for the artiste and their will be an agreement which the company or person will be taking a percent from any amount gained? The artiste will just provide the company or person with the single,profiles,pics etc excluding money. Is that possible?

(1) (Reply)

Instrumental: Orezi - Just Like That / Submit Your Artiste Profile To Record Labels,apply Now! / I Make American Trap And Hip Hop Beats, Lets Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.