Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Group To Sue Telecom Operators Over Compensation - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Group To Sue Telecom Operators Over Compensation (493 Views)

Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States / Compensation From MTN Nigeria After My Earlier Complaints / NCC Withdraws ‘data Floor Price’ For Telecoms Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Group To Sue Telecom Operators Over Compensation by seunpayne(m): 8:02am On Sep 03, 2013
The  National Association of Telecom Subscribers (NATCOMS) says it will take legal action against the four GSM operators in the country if they failed to give N5000 compensation to each of 110milion subscribers in the country by mid September.
This new legal threat is coming barely three weeks of inactions following its appeal to the telecom operators and its petition to the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) and Ministry of Communication Technology.
 NATCOMS had petitioned the Association of Licence Telecoms Operators of Nigeria (ALTON) in early August and copied NCC and CommTech Ministry, requesting the payment of N5000 to each subscriber for all the ‘sins of the mobile operators in the last 12 years.’
Some of these sins include poor quality of service, drop calls, billing errors to name a few
The national president, NATCOMS, Chief Deolu Ogunbanjo, decried that the petition of his group through ALTON may have been ignored as there was no reply from the concerned mobile network operators or ALTON which serves as the umbrella organization for them.
In addition, NATCOMS lamented the non-commencement of action by NCC or even by the Ministry of Communication Technology.
According to NATCOMS , “We are not relenting, but still expecting reply on our request from all the concerned organizations and agencies of government.”
Meanwhile MTN Ghana, the country’s largest mobile operator in terms of subscribers, has announced that it will offer a percentage of its service charge to compensate subscribers affected by recent network disruptions, Modern Ghana reports.
An estimated 15 per cent of MTN Ghana’s subscribers in the capital of Accra have been experiencing signal interruptions for the last couple of weeks, and the company attributed the outage to ‘an extensive ongoing modernisation and transformation.
 The company stated that during the process, the network interface link connection on the switch experienced intermittent errors resulting in the links failing.
“As a result, voice and data service delivery were affected, which made it difficult for subscribers to make and receive calls, as well as data and SMS,” MTN Ghana said.
 MTN Ghana faces a fine by industry regulator, the National Communication Authority (NCA), if it failed to submit a compensation plan in the coming week.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/it-world/4415-group-to-sue-telecom-operators-over-compensation
Re: Group To Sue Telecom Operators Over Compensation by ninja4life(m): 9:18am On Sep 03, 2013
5000x 110million dats 550billion naira for each telecom abeg how much dem dey make sef in a yr,anyway am expecting my #5000 alert on my sims if not me self go sue NATCOMS for giving me false hope,haha am i d 1st to comment? Anyway just asking

(1) (Reply)

Microsoft Buys Nokia / An Incredible Video Of The New Iphone 5s.....lmao / Enter Here To Swap Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.