Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,186 members, 7,867,443 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:13 PM

Court Dissolves 13 Year Old Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Dissolves 13 Year Old Marriage (555 Views)

Court Dissolves 18-year-old Marriage Over Incest / Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage / Court Dissolves 3-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Lack Of Vagina Opening (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Dissolves 13 Year Old Marriage by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 03, 2013
A Customary Court sitting in Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, on Monday dissolved a 13 year-old marriage between Mr. Lamidi Oladimeji and his estranged wife, Toyin.
The marriage was dissolved on the ground of threat to life, lackof love and care, and persistent fighting by the spouses.
Toyin, 34, told the court that she wanted a divorce because her husband usually maltreated her, saying she was "not ready for an amicable settlement."
The mother of three said, "We were not formally married. I was impregnated when I was in secondary school. My husband is hot-tempered."
The estranged husband, who said his wife used to offer him financial help, pleaded that the marriage should not be dissolved.
The court president, Joseph Ogunsemi, in his judgment dissolved the marriage and ruled that the woman should take custody of the three children.
Ogunsemi ruled that the estranged husband should pay the sum of N3,000 monthly allowance for the upkeep of each of the three children, starting from August.
He also said that the man should be responsible for the education of the children adding that he should be allowed free access to the children.
Source: punchng.com

Re: Court Dissolves 13 Year Old Marriage by Kanwulia: 10:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
Typical NIGERIAN marriage BY ACCIDENTAL SP-ERM DISCHARGE!!!! cheesy

Kudos to this judge!!! kiss

The man nor get shame sef! grin Check out his excuse for not wanting a dissolution to the "MARRIAGE-BY-PREGNANCY" trap! cheesy The woman dey gif imm useless azzzzze money? grin

I applaud this woman for taking the BOLD STEP in gerrrrrrrin' rid of the LOAFER-SPE-RRRRM-DONOR! kiss

(1) (Reply)

Did U Piss On Urself When U Were Been Flogged As A Kid / What Could Have Been? / Bianca Is Greedy, Ojukwu’s Relatives Tell Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.