Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,737 members, 7,862,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:39 PM

X - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / X (12581 Views)

Are Women The Cause Of Change In Men's Attitude After wedding? / Our Attitude Towards Teenage Pregnancy / My Husband's Attitude Will Make Me Kill Him One Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: X by Mrsmansson(f): 4:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
debrief08: I had previously ignored this thread because the poster can be very rude to me for reasons best known to him but I have to say this.

I am as "Independent" as women come. I always have been.
I advocate for contentment and people to live within their means.
I am not comfortable with her requesting for money for Aso ebi because personally I don't like to follow the crowd especially when I can't afford it and she should learn that now.

However, I will be a hypocrite to say I never received anything from my husband while we were dating. I will call him and request for ice cream and pizza, he will buy and bring, sometimes he will load my phone, once he gave me his own phone to use when I lost mine till he was able to buy me a new one. Does that make me greedy? I doubt.
And this was vice versa, he could call and ask me to help pay his subscription and I would never ask for the money back, He would also request some items when I travled.
If Guiterlife needed money for suits and he was short wouldn't he ask her? If I can help out a friend, what about the person I plan to share my life with?

There is nothing wrong in asking for help or receiving it, anyone who thinks he or she can do it alone in life will die of pride.

Again, I clearly do not accept going with the crowd, she doesn't have ase obi money she shouldn't do.

Should dating folks help each other out YES, what I don't endorse is dating someone solely for material gain.
Yes maam its good for someone to be independent.i doubt if that money was even for asoebi.since its her sisters or cuz's wedding am sure the asoebi must have been free.maybe something else and she just decided to lie to make it urgent.now some people here just kept saying one should never ask who ever you are dating for anything.ha for real?even if the guitar guy is still a student what about even assisting with the 2k shoe rather than bring the conversation here.cant friends help friends.my hubby got me a rechargeable lamp of 2500 in sch while dating.does that make him my father?and could i not afford a lamp.he didnt just want stories of i couldnt study today cos of a lamp.i still beleive that money wasnt for asoebi anyway.their is a friend of mine i kept sponsoring her interview trips around naija and thank God today she is working and funny enough she had boyfriend oh,the guy told her to be independent.i understand he is still a student but if you are not ok with her boldly tell her to go away rather than ridicule her here.
Re: X by tintingz(m): 4:33pm On Sep 08, 2013
^^Lolz...where do they give free aso-ebi...In your village? grin

The op didn't state who is doing the wedding, if its her blood sister yes its free but cousin no free aso-ebi.
Re: X by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2013
debrief08: I had previously ignored this thread because the poster can be very rude to me for reasons best known to him but I have to say this.

I am not comfortable with her requesting for money for Aso ebi because personally I don't like to follow the crowd especially when I can't afford it and she should learn that now.

However, I will be a hypocrite to say I never received anything from my husband while we were dating. I will call him and request for ice cream and pizza, he will buy and bring, sometimes he will load my phone, once he gave me his own phone to use when I lost mine till he was able to buy me a new one. Does that make me greedy? I doubt.
And this was vice versa, he could call and ask me to help pay his subscription and I would never ask for the money back, He would also request some items when I travled.
If Guiterlife needed money for suits and he was short wouldn't he ask her? If I can help out a friend, what about the person I plan to share my life with?

There is nothing wrong in asking for help or receiving it, anyone who thinks he or she can do it alone in life will die of pride.

Again, I clearly do not accept going with the crowd, she doesn't have ase obi money she shouldn't do.

Should dating folks help each other out YES, what I don't endorse is dating someone solely for material gain.
@debrief haba ! We are past that already now. Okay I apologise for every annoying and disrespectful thing I have typed against you. Kindly forgive me and see me as your own brother. Maybe Nairaland brother. *hugsHerTightly* . Please tell me we are cool .
Re: X by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 08, 2013
Thorgan: Chillisauce I'm sorry but I have to call you a greedy phool.If I can ask when you were a student,still depending on your parents financially and your boyfriend demand 8k to buy a shoe,would you have given him.I even doubt your greedy arse could boast earning 5k personally through your own means.It is ambition less girls like you that would go and read food and nut in the university despite knowing the situation of the country,expecting a man to come and save them in the future and then start shouting gender equality.
And if the money was as "small" as you said and she wants to be wearing 2k shoe,why can't she also indulge her greedy bottom self in some petty business to be able to afford a "small 2k shoe".
Giving your gf money is not the problem but when you think it's a norm and our duty to fund your petty wants which you can afford if not for lazy and overdependent attitude aand talking as if if you are not in a relationship you wouldd die of hunger,then you are not ddiff from a hoeee

Another broke as s whinning nicca. Ogwu aja man! Now go continue with your vaseline and soap. Am sure tgey are just 70 naira.

1 Like

Re: X by Mrsmansson(f): 4:44pm On Sep 08, 2013
tintingz: ^^Lolz...where do they give free aso-ebi...In your village? grin

The op didn't state who is doing the wedding, if its her blood sister yes its free but cousin no free aso-ebi.
So you didnt even read the thread from the start and all you do is open your teeth
Try ask the op whose's wedding
And yes they give free asoebi in my village
Re: X by Thorgan: 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
Mrs mansson:
Yes maam its good for someone to be independent.i doubt if that money was even for asoebi.since its her sisters or cuz's wedding am sure the asoebi must have been free.maybe something else and she just decided to lie to make it urgent.now some people here just kept saying one should never ask who ever you are dating for anything.ha for real?even if the guitar guy is still a student what about even assisting with the 2k shoe rather than bring the conversation here.cant friends help friends.my hubby got me a rechargeable lamp of 2500 in sch while dating.does that make him my father?and could i not afford a lamp.he didnt just want stories of i couldnt study today cos of a lamp.i still beleive that money wasnt for asoebi anyway.their is a friend of mine i kept sponsoring her interview trips around naija and thank God today she is working and funny enough she had boyfriend oh,the guy told her to be independent.i understand he is still a student but if you are not ok with her boldly tell her to go away rather than ridicule her here.
Exactly my point,DO THINGS OUT OF LOVE FOR SOMEONE and when financially comfortable for you.Take note this shoe is only a WANT not a NEED,and I'm sure your bf then bought this lamp for you out of love and on is own willingness and it was a NEED for you as you needed it to study,not some shoe that you won't die if you don,t have.Again it is cool and quite romantic for a man to buy things for his girl on special occasion,like birthdays and festive periods and times when he feels you really deserve a surprise gift but when you start calling and asking for money for bis,recharge cards,shoes,phones every time as if he is your parent and it is your birthright to do so and gets angry anytime he does not give you the money,I repeat you only love him coz of his money,you know nothing about being in a relationship,and you are a ddefinition of a hoeeeeeee
Re: X by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 08, 2013
Thorgan:
Exactly my point,DO THINGS OUT OF LOVE FOR SOMEONE and when financially comfortable for you.Take note this shoe is only a WANT not a NEED,and I'm sure your bf then bought this lamp for you out of love and on is own willingness and it was a NEED for you as you needed it to study,not some shoe that you won't die if you don,t have.Again it is cool and quite romantic for a man to buy things for his girl on special occasion,like birthdays and festive periods and times when he feels you really deserve a surprise gift but when you start calling and asking for money for bis,recharge cards,shoes,phones every time as if he is your parent and it is your birthright to do so and gets angry anytime he does not give you the money,I repeat you only love him coz of his money,you know nothing about being in a relationship,and you are a ddefinition of a hoeeeeeee

Go and play with ur dingle outside. Or you sit, read and comprehend before jumping in like a frog

1 Like

Re: X by Thorgan: 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
Chillisauce:

Another broke as s whinning nicca. Ogwu aja man! Now go continue with your vaseline and soap. Am sure tgey are just 70 naira.
I'm really sorry,it's now clear you are a candidate of yabaleft and your ignorance is beyond redemption.
As from today with your opinion of what a relationship is,pls view yourself as nothing but a sex object and not a woman.
And pls don't quote me again.
@missmoneymonger,the 2nd paragraph is also for you.
Re: X by Mrsmansson(f): 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
tintingz: ^^Lolz...where do they give free aso-ebi...In your village? grin

See below what the girl asked the money for.always read a thread from the start before
Guitarlife:
My girl: The little problem i have is about money i am part of my sis bridal train and i need like 6k for the cloth and 2k for the shoe will we use but mum is paying part of it for me and they ask me to get some also but with no avail i dont want to bother you but no body to assist me and i also wants to get some material for my training and my cousin is also doing her weddng this saturday i have to get what i will put on myself so thats what my prob is all about thanks for listening love u
Re: X by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 08, 2013
Thorgan:
I'm really sorry,it's now clear you are a candidate of yabaleft and your ignorance is beyond redemption.
As from today with your opinion of what a relationship is,pls view yourself as nothing but a sex object and not a woman.
And pls don't quote me again.

grin at least 1"m not the oe with the soap and vaseline. Not the one all alone with no girl to show for it. Neither am the one with aka gum.

Bleep!
Re: X by Thorgan: 4:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
Mrs mansson:
See below what the girl asked the money for.always read a thread from the start before
Guitarlife:
My girl: The little problem i have is about money i am part of my sis bridal train and i need like 6k for the cloth and 2k for the shoe will we use but mum is paying part of it for me and they ask me to get some also but with no avail i dont want to bother you but no body to assist me and i also wants to get some material for my training and my cousin is also doing her weddng this saturday i have to get what i will put on myself so thats what my prob is all about thanks for listening love u
Another level of ignorance,I ff the thread from beginning and I'm sure you did not read the part where the op said the girl asked for 9k to buy a new phone after the op told her to help him withdraw and after seeing his acct,th greedd set in.
Re: X by Thorgan: 5:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
Chillisauce:

grin at least 1"m not the oe with the soap and vaseline. Not the one all alone with no girl to show for it. Neither am the one with aka gum.

Bleep!
I don't need to start bragging and proving anything to you cos as I said earlier you are not worthy to be called a woman but @least I will like to tell you that if not for online forums like this,I andthings like you will not be found exchanging words

2 Likes

Re: X by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2013
Thorgan:
I don't need to start bragging and proving anything to you cos as I said earlier you are not worthy to be called a woman but @least I will like to tell you that if not for online forums like this,I andthings like you will not be found exchanging words

Sharap and go prepare dor your weac abi na neco!
Re: X by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
Thorgan:

Sharap dia and go prepare for your waec abi na neco!
Re: X by Mrsmansson(f): 5:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
Thorgan i dont know you oh.was talking to someone else and now this.please with all due respect do not quote on my post again on NL.i wont ever do the same to you.Thanks
Re: X by Thorgan: 5:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
@mrsmansonn,whatever; you could not justify your ignorant opinion of a rela tionship and after seeing that you can't justify the girls attitude,you said those.I just hope you've learnt one or to things today@chillisauce I know your own situation is beyond redemption so always put it at the back of your mind and everytime that you are a sex object and not worthy to be called a woman,and I think @ your age bracket that I'm guessing that is what you will be forever.
Re: X by Nobody: 5:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
Thorgan: @mrsmansonn,whatever; you could not justify your ignorant opinion of a rela tionship and after seeing that you can't justify the girls attitude,you said those.I just hope you've learnt one or to things today@chillisauce I know your own situation is beyond redemption so always put it at the back of your mind and everytime that you are a sex object and not worthy to be called a woman,and I think @ your age bracket that I'm guessing that is what you will be forever.

Whatever mate! If it makes ur tiny willy to rise! Suit yourself and please, next time dont just jump in a discussion without knowing what is being said. Learn to accept others opinion and i pray one day you will be delivered from your wanking services! Shior

1 Like

Re: X by Thorgan: 5:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
@chillisauce pls don't make a fool of yourself and post again.
It is either you've learnt who a woman is(strong,independent,virtuous and can have a real foothold in a relationship without having to be a liability) and work on how to become one or be the liabilty and sex object you are.
Re: X by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 08, 2013
Thorgan: @chillisauce pls don't make a fool of yourself and post again.
It is either you've learnt who a woman is(strong,independent,virtuous and can have a real foothold in a relationship without having to be a liability) and work on how to become one or be the liabilty and sex object you are.

U still here. ThankGod for ASUU.
Re: X by Thorgan: 5:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
undecided@chillisauce you just keep proving me right about the definition of who you are.
And I didn't criticise anybody's opinion,I only shared mine and you are having trouble seeing the truth cos that is what your mind wants to believe and I think that is what online forums are all about,sharing opinions and learning something @ the end of the day.It's just an online forum,I'd wake up tomorrow and forget that I was ever on this thread.
Re: X by Nobody: 5:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
Thorgan: undecided@chillisauce you just keep proving me right about the definition of who you are.
And I didn't criticise anybody's opinion,I only shared mine and you are having trouble seeing the truth cos that is what your mind wants to believe and I think that is what online forums are all about,sharing opinions and learning something @ the end of the day.It's just an online forum,I'd wake up tomorrow and forget that I was ever on this thread.

Thorgan: Chillisauce I'm sorry but I have to call you a greedy phool. If I can ask when you were a student,still depending on your parents financially and your boyfriend demand 8k to buy a shoe,would you have given him.I even doubt your greedy arse could boast earning 5k personally through your own means.It is ambition less girls like you that would go and read food and nut in the university despite knowing the situation of the country,expecting a man to come and save them in the future and then start shouting gender equality.
And if the money was as "small" as you said and she wants to be wearing 2k shoe,why can't she also indulge her greedy bottom self in some petty business to be able to afford a "small 2k shoe".
Giving your gf money is not the problem but when you think it's a norm and our duty to fund your petty wants which you can afford if not for lazy and overdependent attitude aand talking as if if you are not in a relationship you wouldd die of hunger,then you are not ddiff from a hoeee

Someone help me, I must have landed in the twilight zone or something.

2 Likes

Re: X by armyofone(m): 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
grin grin laughing in twilight zone voice echoing hahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha

ileobatojo:

Someone help me, I must have landed in the twilight zone or something.
Re: X by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
armyofone: grin grin laughing in twilight zone voice echoing hahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha

Lol! You wicked o! Instead of rescuing me, you're busy rubbing it in that I'm really there. grin
Re: X by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
D guy doesnt even know where he is. I blame airtel for this! Poor dude. If not for free mb,
Re: X by tintingz(m): 6:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
Mrs mansson:
So you didnt even read the thread from the start and all you do is open your teeth
Try ask the op whose's wedding
And yes they give free asoebi in my village
Ehyaa! grin hope it is not leaves you're calling aso-ebi.
Re: X by tintingz(m): 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
Mrs mansson:
Guitarlife:
Lolz, if the aso ebi was for her sister(and cousin **confused here**) wedding, why asking for 6k and 2k = 8k from her student boyfriend... undecided

Sorry to say this op your girlfriend wanna take you for a maga, you better shine your face well well.
Re: X by tintingz(m): 7:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
Some hoes are even lazy asss...imagine grin
Re: X by poppop: 7:42pm On Sep 08, 2013
Very very few Nigerian girls especially those at the university will not date and ask for money so your gf is not doing anything new.

''dear i need to fix my hair''
''i'd like to do my nails''
''my phone is not working''
''i cant because i don't have credit or i need money for my bb subscription this month''

The funny thing is the person they are asking money from is usually on the same level with them ''i.e those dating university boys''. their parents give them money like you. they are not different but somehow you want money from their small pocket money''. Thats why most of these relationships dont last because when these university girls are done with school and their needs increase ten times, these boys are doing NYSC or still finding work and cant provide nada yet.

That said, the fact she asked in the manner that she did does not make her a bad girl. she is only doing what others do and think of it, who else would she turn to save her parents and a boyfriend lipsrsealed
If you dont have calmly explain that fact to her and provide for her when you can. If she kicks up a stink or begins to pout or generally is acting up after you explain then know you are in for a long ride. On your own dont be stingy, when you have the money give her a treat, do the little you can, but dont make someone push you to debt. If she is a good lady, she will understand the constraints and not put too much pressure on you hopefully until she gets a job herself.

NB/ Can i say your reply to her was veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ungentlemanly. If i asked my boyfriend for mere 8000 and he talks about 5 suits and a new phone he just got and the fact he has 30k i will probably go wow. i think that was insensitive, you can refuse a request calmly not rub if off like that. I may be wrong but i felt that reply was just too dull. maybe you should watch how you talk too

2 Likes

Re: X by Thorgan: 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
*in sexkillz voice* Ignoring fools since 1887
Re: X by deols(f): 8:01pm On Sep 08, 2013
Well, I think the girl should not be indulged. She needs to live within her means.

If she must buy anything, she should work for it.

she might find herself with another man tomorrow who may demand that she pays back in kind.

If she gets used to free money, she may never be able to back down from getting one.

A boyfriend is not her father nor her husband. Let her respect herself, learn to make her own money or get married undecided

3 Likes

Re: X by tintingz(m): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
deols: Well, I think the girl should not be indulged. She needs to live within her means.

If she must buy anything, she should work for it.

she might find herself with another man tomorrow who may demand that she pays back in kind.

If she gets used to free money, she may never be able to back down from getting one.

A boyfriend is not her father nor her husband. Let her respect herself, learn to make her own money or get married undecided
Nice one sis deols smiley.
Re: X by swtdarling(f): 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2013

bless you ma'am!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do Married Women Need Privacy From Their Husband? / Ipe On My Nin ; What To Do / Widow Loses Her Three Children After Fire Gutted Their House In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.