Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,836 members, 7,862,749 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! (895 Views)

APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / 2015 : APC Considers Buhari - Fashola Ticket / APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja .

As the All Progressives Congress (APC) continues to tinker with a strategy to gain nationwide acceptance and triumph over the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2015 general election, the party may have decided to zone the vice presidency to the South-east geopolitical zone, THISDAY has learnt. Sources within the APC leadership informed THISDAY that contrary to the widespread belief that it would zone the number two slot to the South-west, its target is the South-east, in order to break the stranglehold the PDP has in the region as well as the South-south zone. They said the South-east is critical to the party as it moves to gain nationwide spread and acceptability in the key geopolitical zones in the country. One party official explained that APC would rather zero in on the South-east for the vice presidency because it is confident that it already has the South-west and North-west, the zones that account for the largest number of registered voters, in the kitty. “Our strategy is to pair a northern Moslem candidate with a Christian running mate from the South-east, as this will enable us capture votes from the north, South-east and parts of the South-south, which also boasts Igbo-speaking indigenes. “By zoning the vice presidency to the south east, we would also be helping our brothers across the Niger (South-easterners) actualise their quest for the presidency, as the vice-president is just a heart beat away from the president. “Under the current zoning arrangement that the PDP is offering the South-east, people from the zone would have a slimmer chance of capturing the presidency in the foreseeable future. “But with the vice presidency in their grasp, their dream will be easier to attain,” the APC official explained.

Other APC sources also confided in THISDAY that President Goodluck Jonathan and PDP might have got wind of the APC’s zoning formula and moved to scuttle it by putting pressure on the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) to disqualify a former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, from contesting for APGA’s governorship ticket for the Anambra

pls read more @ www.thisdaylive.com/articles/apc-considers-zoning-vice-presidency-to-s-east/157388/
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! by Evyuc(m): 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2013
Dear Apc, we appriciate ur aclaimd luv to eastners (esp igbos) and now u hv decided to alocate the post of vice president to us, thnks a lot 4 dat. But one thing dat is obivious is dat we d eastners don't want to be boy boy again. If u realy luv us give us no-1 post u will get our vote, apart from dat forget our vote becouse this ur plan looks so selfish.

2 Likes

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! by Wily1Wily: 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2013
I trust my Igbo neighbours, they are not going to allow the plans of Moslems Work, Yoruba Moslems and North moslems are trying very hard to cause disunity between Igbos and Ijaws, they want to use Igbos that are superior than them to get rid of Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
I thought they have no plans to zone offices?

why zone VP when you have not zoned Presidency?

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
mikeansy: I thought they have no plans to zone offices?

why zone VP when you have not zoned Presidency?

You de mind those clowns!!

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
Evy.uc:
Dear Apc, we appriciate ur aclaimd luv to eastners (esp igbos) and now u hv decided to alocate the post of vice president to us, thnks a lot 4 dat. But one thing dat is obivious is dat we d eastners don't want to be boy boy again. If u realy luv us give us no-1 post u will get our vote, apart from dat forget our vote becouse this ur plan looks so selfish.
Demand same from PDP, joker! Yes, APC will give u Presidency in a party u had no hand in building, tried to destroy by floating a similarly named Party, and which u continually proclaim is "Dead On Arrival" in ur part of town. You guys are just dreamers. After a while it goes from "Annoying" to feelings of "Pity" with u.

3 Likes

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! by Onyejiuwaokoh: 9:17pm On Sep 03, 2013
If you are serious and need our votes and also believe in justice and fairness, give Ibos the presidential candidate, since they are the only region that have not produced the president. we do not need the type of vice president the north gave us in 1979-1983 where the function of Dr Alex Ekwueme was to stay in Air port to welcome Alhaji Sehu shagari from his forign trip.Non of the promises made to get our votes was fuffilled all. sorry i forget, they built federal prison in Anambra state then. To add salt to the injury when they discovered that Ekwueme would socceed Shagari they overthrew the Government.

1 Like

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! by Donjazzy12(m): 9:29pm On Sep 03, 2013
Onyejiuwa okoh: If you are serious and need our votes and also believe in justice and fairness, give Ibos the presidential candidate, since they are the only region that have not produced the president. we do not need the type of vice president the north gave us in 1979-1983 where the function of Dr Alex Ekwueme was to stay in Air port to welcome Alhaji Sehu shagari from his forign trip.Non of the promises made to get our votes was fuffilled all. sorry i forget, they built federal prison in Anambra state then. To add salt to the injury when they discovered that Ekwueme would socceed Shagari they overthrew the Government.
Don't be smart by half! You want the Presidency from the APC? Now tell me what the PDP you sold your consience to is giving you? Some of my Igbo brothers sometimes sound plain silly. You prefer a party PDP that has degraded you, ignored you and handed over the vice presidency to you neigbhor the Ijaws who eventually got the presidency. Now APC is offering you the same chance PDP offered the Ijaws in 2007, a position that helped them to get the presidency and they Ijaws have convinced you that you don't need it, they prefer you to be licking their boots and you agree. Tomorrow, you will blame the north for marginalizing you!

2 Likes

Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! by Akpaife(m): 10:08pm On Sep 03, 2013
If u tin APC r talking rubbish
Like my post
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! by Kairoseki77: 10:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
Akpa ife: If u tin APC r talking rubbish
Like my post

Well...out of 35 executive positions in APC, 9 are occupied by Igbos.
Re: APC Considers Zoning Vice Presidency To S’east !! by ebgbest(m): 9:08am On Sep 04, 2013
Aboki everywhere even here hiding ma post, I don,t care if block me I wil open new one nw abi u de pay me....aboki killing yoruba nigga forum

(1) (Reply)

The Rich Men In Nigeria And Their Private Jets / The Tears Of General Muhammadu Buhari Revisited / Banks To Identify Customers By Fingerprints Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.