Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,144 members, 7,852,906 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:09 AM

Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack (23870 Views)

Russia Prepares For A Showdown With Turkey / North-Korea Prepares Rockets To Target USA / Us, Russia Prepares For World War Iii (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by samuelfemo(m): 10:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd-NTv2H-u8

ТОS-1A Russian 24-barrel multiple rocket launcher

When Western forces engage the Syrian army you can be assured that it will be nothing like the 1991 conflict in Iraq when a hundred thousand of Saddam Hussein’s soldiers surrendered without firing a shot. Nor will it be a no-fly zone free-for-all where air forces will be able to target military assets as they did in Libya without being challenged. No, this time will be different. Russia supplied Syria with state-of-the-art 24-Barrell rocket launchers ranked as the most developed artillery weapon of its kind. Syria is armed with Russian weapons that have never been seen before in the Middle East including computer guided smart missiles that never miss their target. Russia also supplied Syria with Skean 5 ground-to-sea missiles that are capable of hitting and sinking any target up to 250 km off the Syrian coast.
oga o
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
how does it affect the price of dry fish
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Revolva(m): 10:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
Cant wait to see how the outcome of a chemical weapon attack looks like on Syria....ummm i dey wait ooo USA...
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by 360command: 11:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Aniah4u: undecidedThe Alhasad-led Syria Gov't needs to be reminded that the most sophisticated Traitors like Saddam Hussein of Iraq and Ghadaffi of Libya had once threatened retaliation on D U.S and they(US) still had their ways. I'm glad I've. Finished with my Syria construction Project. I'm in Holand now.
omo, I don't agree with your statement, no matter how indomitable a country military power can be that does not signal any fear to me as long as I am of great patriotism to my country. I must stand and fight. US thinks they can just interfere on matters that do not concern them. Must they use military in every action by securing peace. Are other countries bombing or killing their people as much as they have destroyed other lives like the ones in iraq and afghan.

2 Likes

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 04, 2013
Reading through different comments regarding an impending war or should I say an impending U.S invasion of Syria and It sovereignty, Here are some points I think we should all note:

1. This impending invasion is a product of political turmoil, citizens of syria have rejected their government especially their president just like some other Arab nations did recently, why can't president Assad just step down, your own people don't want you anymore, you're imposing yourself on them at the cost of so many lives!!! You definitely do not have their best interest at heart!

2. This crisis didn't start today, its been on for over two years, neither the Assad regime, the U.S., Russia or even China have been able to come up with a reasonable solution and execute it to the later, Russia and China especially so far haven't done anything to mitigate the hardship being faced by Syrians through medical and food aid and anything else, instead they've been making huge profits from it buy selling more weapons to the Assad regime!!! grin

3. I never saw any thread here on Nairaland suggesting a solution to this crisis, or even commensurating with the Syrian people in their time of hardship for the over two years its been on sad

4. I also never saw any thread criticising the U.N. Security council for not doing nearly enough all this time, or even a thread mobilizing an anti Assad or even an Anti civil war rally all this time, now thousands have died! angry

Finally The U.S. is bold enough to initiate a military strike, tongues which have been silent to the death of people's children, parents, their lovers, spouse, uncles and aunties are now wagging. angry

In my opinion, the solution is very simple, Russia which has strong ties with the Assad regime should offer the Syrian president and his cohorts asylum, that would be a major game changer.

(If Russia won't, GEJ should set up a joint committee of boko haram and Mend to go and kidnap Assad cheesy cheesy cheesy, Na joke I dey o kiss kiss kiss)

8 Likes

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by afrikanns: 11:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
collins123:

So both of you really think you are intellectual when you typed thes garbage abi?

You think you re snarter than the American congress abi?

You think America treats its military like we treat ours here abi? Both of you must be really deluded!

Nairaland Mumu Organization does not
cease to amaze me
Honestly speaking you are the most gullible and deaf blind ass have ever heard posting nonsense on this forum , infact ur reasoning and thinking facultys are dead .

1 Like

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Horus(m): 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
[size=19pt]Russian Advanced Weapons for Syria[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxUnnbZDqAc?t=29s

The S 400 missile defense system has been, for some weeks now, in the hands of the Syrian military. The S 400 system has a range of over 400 miles and is considered more than a decade ahead of the most advanced US counterpart.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by 190theclown: 11:14pm On Sep 04, 2013
OGHENE316: LET D WAR BEGINS BT MK 9JA NR SHUK MOUTH O

ROTFL grin grin grin
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by afrikanns: 11:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
fewj: Reading through different comments regarding an impending war or should I say an impending U.S invasion of Syria and It sovereignty, Here are some points I think we should all note:

1. This impending invasion is a product of political turmoil, citizens of syria have rejected their government especially their president just like some other Arab nations did recently, why can't president Assad just step down, your own people don't want you anymore, you're imposing yourself on them at the cost of so many lives!!! You definitely do not have their best interest at heart!

2. This crisis didn't start today, its been on for over two years, neither the Assad regime, the U.S., Russia or even China have been able to come up with a reasonable solution and execute it to the later, Russia and China especially so far haven't done anything to mitigate the hardship being faced by Syrians through medical and food aid and anything else, instead they've been making huge profits from it buy selling more weapons to the Assad regime!!! grin

3. I never saw any thread here on Nairaland suggesting a solution to this crisis, or even commensurating with the Syrian people in their time of hardship for the over two years its been on sad

4. I also never saw any thread criticising the U.N. Security council for not doing nearly enough all this time, or even a thread mobilizing an anti Assad or even an Anti civil war rally all this time, now thousands have died! angry

Finally The U.S. is bold enough to initiate a military strike, tongues which have been silent to the death of people's children, parents, their lovers, spouse, uncles and aunties are now wagging. angry

In my opinion, the solution is very simple, Russia which has strong ties with the Assad regime should offer the Syrian president and his cohorts asylum, that would be a major game changer.

(If Russia won't, GEJ should set up a joint committee of boko haram and Mend to go and kidnap Assad cheesy cheesy cheesy, Na joke I dey o kiss kiss kiss)
so sorry for ya with what u ve just posted it appeared to me that u lacked what ao call international politics and u don't seems to really know what is going on around the world bro.

2 Likes

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by double3(m): 11:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
maxwello.yg:
If the U.S. don't control their ego and love for war this time, they will regret it!!!
I can't believe anyone would think talk more writing that syria could win this war,...we all know syria can't stand the weapons of mass destruction that would be unleashed on them.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Lakotai(m): 11:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
NO WAR NO PEACE!
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Pattey(m): 11:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
enny09: i believe some1 should check this guy call assad, how can he love power than his countrymen life, he should resign and a new regime takeover, i believe dis will end if this is done, life is been lost daily even without war and chemical weapon used on syrian citizens, what is different of what is happening now and if a war eventually brokeout, cos life is lost on daily basis.

His people dint vote him into office to be a weakling! Rather, to stand up to every form of aggression; internal and external. Failure to do this and he's not qualified to be a leader. If you could enjoy the booties of office, you should also stand back, fight like a man, and if death comes; embrace it with honour!

1 Like

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Pattey(m): 11:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
enny09: i believe some1 should check this guy call assad, how can he love power than his countrymen life, he should resign and a new regime takeover, i believe dis will end if this is done, life is been lost daily even without war and chemical weapon used on syrian citizens, what is different of what is happening now and if a war eventually brokeout, cos life is lost on daily basis.

His people dint vote him into office to be a weakling! Rather, to stand up to every form of aggression; internal and external. Failure to do this and he's not qualified to be a leader. If you could enjoy the booties of office, you should also stand back, fight like a man, and if death comes; embrace it with honour!
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
afrikanns: so sorry for ya with what u ve just posted it appeared to me that u lacked what ao call international politics and u don't seems to really know what is going on around the world bro.

At least someone must know about the "international politics" I don't seem to know much about, If you know please enlighten me and my fellow ignorant fellows. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Hearme(m): 11:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
Horus:

When Western forces engage the Syrian army you can be assured that it will be nothing like the 1991 conflict in Iraq when a hundred thousand of Saddam Hussein’s soldiers surrendered without firing a shot. Nor will it be a no-fly zone free-for-all where air forces will be able to target military assets as they did in Libya without being challenged. No, this time will be different. Russia supplied Syria with state-of-the-art 24-Barrell rocket launchers ranked as the most developed artillery weapon of its kind. Syria is armed with Russian weapons that have never been seen before in the Middle East including computer guided smart missiles that never miss their target. Russia also supplied Syria with Skean 5 ground-to-sea missiles that are capable of hitting and sinking any target up to 250 km off the Syrian coast.

What are drones for? Only if Syria can overcome the technology that can down all signals either radio or computer, then you can tell me they will successfully hit the US well. Remember a war is not won by you weapons but by you intelligence in intelligence gathering and execution. You can outsmart the US and UK on that. All your mails are not safe so what are you talking about? Even Russia will bow.

1 Like

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by afrikanns: 11:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
samkoro:

Let me tell u my friend,the U.S is aware of all these missiles u mentioned.Right fromm the WW2,the U.S fights wars with newly developed weapons.European countries respect and fear the U.S for this.So all these missile launchers u are glorifying will be nothing but a double barrel den gun as far as this war is concerned.

Do u know that a recent test of a new missile by the U.S and Isreal made the Russians tremble; imagine the fact that Russia became jittery and started shouting and complaining in the media,because they noticed something that was too extra-ordinary.
your comments was one sided bro,and u don't seem to understand that they have rules now, don't wanna go into detail, and why did america quickly denounced it,your bias will not be welcomed here

1 Like

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Hearme(m): 11:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
Horus:

What are drones for? Only if Syria can overcome the technology that can down all signals either radio or computer, then you can tell me they will successfully hit the US well. Remember a war is not won by your weapons but by your intelligence in intelligence gathering and execution. You can't outsmart the US and UK on that. All your mails are not safe so what are you talking about? Even Russia will bow.

1 Like

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Pattey(m): 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
jude33084: Asad should step down for peace to rain sad

He should nt die with the power, the position is not for his father undecided

Blooody arabos angry

Spineless senile hags! Na so so una dey do wey ur country nor progess! Nytn dt smells uncomfortable & d best tin in d average Nigerian useless brain is abandon his sense of responsibility. How da heck would y'al progress if U kip this up?
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by afrikanns: 11:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
one

one day of lion's life is better than many life's of Jaguar
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Horus(m): 11:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
[img]http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/media/images/articles/6568.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.resboiu.ro/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/F-313-Qaher.jpg[/img]

Iran has unveiled its newest combat jet "stealth fighter". The homemade fighter-bomber can evade radar.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by soulfood(m): 11:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
Horus:

STORY TIME. NOTHING DEY HAPPEN. TO HELL WITH THE TERRORIST GOVERNMENT AND THEIR SUPPORTERS. RUSSIA WEY DEY SPPLY THEM SEF SABI SENIOR BROTHER.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by comrChris(m): 11:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
what exaltly s giving dese syrians ds courage?do dey tink dey can win usa in a war? anyway l pity d poor ones dere because hmm america wil nt pity dem if dem do anytin silly
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Leksean(m): 11:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
do u knw what d guy is fighting for?asad is fighting against d u.s inplanted militant in syria as dey did in eygpt nd dey overthrown a freely elected president nd also jail him for doing. if u cant face ur enemy nd fight u die runnig like a coward
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Djtm(m): 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
Let the 3rd hunger world games war begin!!!!
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by tchigofigo(m): 11:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
it should be more like 'Syria prepares their graves...' END TYME will speedily come on them.
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by trendytrendz: 11:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
rahazaqa: us is doomed!!!
lmao...just wait and see what becomes of syria and assad in a few weeks..they will be begging
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by kgurl23(f): 12:06am On Sep 05, 2013
Seriously? The US shudnt be thinking of war at this time at all.

2 Likes

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Homguy(m): 12:29am On Sep 05, 2013
As much as i do not support USA's solitary intervention in this quagmire,somebody has to bell the cat. Besides,they have most odds in their favour. Russia's only interest in syria is their weapon sales and am sure their warnings are just a show of solidarity to a client neighbour. However, it would be more laudable,if the US is able to convince more UN nations participate rather dan paying the prize of bløod and money alone.Britain and france as exampls, are clearly benchwarmin and not sure about what roles to play yet. Long live America.

2 Likes

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by Horus(m): 12:38am On Sep 05, 2013
[img]http://www.anninhthudo.vn/Uploaded/caominh/2013_06_29/iskander.jpg[/img]

Russia Delivers Iskander 9K720 AntiPatriot Missiles to Syrian Army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkiihqJ8O9g

[size=15pt]Russia Delivers Iskander 9K720 AntiPatriot Missiles to Syrian Army [/size]
Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by samkoro: 12:52am On Sep 05, 2013
Horus: [img]http://www.arabianaerospace.aero/media/images/articles/6568.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.resboiu.ro/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/F-313-Qaher.jpg[/img]

Iran has unveiled its newest combat jet "stealth fighter". The homemade fighter-bomber can evade radar.

U.S had long declassified the stealth bomber that is why u can watch the review and explaination of its technology in documentaries.

They have something bigger than that,just watch.

1 Like

Re: Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack by saintdeby(m): 12:57am On Sep 05, 2013
The Syrian civil war , also known as Syrian uprising[51] or Syrian crisis (Arabic: ﺔﻳﺭﻮﺴﻟﺍ ﺔﻣﺯﻷﺍ) ,[52][53][54] is an ongoing armed conflict in Syria between forces loyal to the Ba'ath government and those seeking to oust it. The conflict began on 15
March 2011, with popular demonstrations that
grew nationwide by April 2011. These
demonstrations were part of the wider Middle
Eastern protest movement known as the Arab Spring. Protesters demanded the resignation of President Bashar al-Assad, whose family has held the presidency in Syria since 1971, as well as the
end of Ba'ath Party rule, which began in 1963. In April 2011, the Syrian Army was deployed to quell the uprising, and soldiers fired on demonstrators across the country.[55][56] After months of military sieges,[57] the protests evolved into an armed rebellion. Opposition forces, mainly
composed of defected soldiers and civilian volunteers, remain without central leadership.[58] The conflict is asymmetrical, with clashes taking place in many towns and cities across the country. [59] Late 2011 marked growing influence of the Islamist group Jabhat al-Nusra within the opposition forces, and in 2013 Hezbollah entered the war in support of the Syrian army.[60][61] The Syrian government is further upheld by military
support from Russia and Iran, while Qatar and Saudi Arabia transfer weapons to the rebels.[62] By July 2013, the Syrian government controls
approximately 30–40 percent of the country's
territory and 60 percent of the Syrian population. [63] The Arab League, United States, European Union, and other countries condemned the use of violence
against the protesters. The Arab League suspended
Syria's membership because of the government's
response to the crisis, but granted the Syrian National Coalition, a coalition of Syrian political opposition groups, Syria's seat on 6 March 2013. [64] In June 2013, the death toll surpassed 100,000 according to the United Nations.[37] According to various opposition activist groups, between 83,260 and 110,370 people have been killed,[24][34][38] [65] of which about half were civilians,[66] but also including 67,700 armed combatants consisting of both the Syrian Army and rebel forces,[24] up to 1,000 opposition protesters[33] and 1,000 government officials.[25] By October 2012, up to 28,000 people had been reported missing,
including civilians forcibly abducted by government troops or government security forces.[67] According to the UN, about 4 million Syrians have
been displaced within the country and 2 million have fled to other countries.[68][69] In addition, tens of thousands of protesters have
been imprisoned and there are reports of widespread torture and terror in state prisons.[70] International organizations have accused both
government and opposition forces of severe human rights violations.[71] UN investigations have concluded that the government's abuses are the greatest in gravity, frequency and scale

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Death Toll Crosses 5,000 In Turkey- Syria Earthquake / Elvira Nabiullina Wants To Resign Over Ukraine, Putin Says No / Theresa May Set To Become UK Prime Minister On Wednesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.