Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony (7654 Views)

He Doesn't Want To Attend His Convocation Ceremony Because He Had A 2.2 (Pic) / Photos: Convocation Ceremony Of Two Nairalanders At 'better By Far' University / Convocation Ceremony Of Nigerian Beauty Queen,who Bags 1st Class From UK School (2) (3) (4)

Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by alkoholik: 2:58am On Jun 15, 2008
Share ur view, I was there and it was off the HOOK.
Plus 20 first class students in Accounting and many more.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by DrKitaun(m): 3:03am On Jun 15, 2008
20 1st class students in Accounting ! shocked

and how did they achieve that undecided

na wa o . . .

later they will say people fail ICAN too much grin
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by alkoholik: 3:50am On Jun 15, 2008
@ Dr Kitaun

Let ICAN try these ones and let's see.
But i most say, those students deserve it.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 15, 2008
alkoholik:

@ Dr Kitaun

Let ICAN try these ones and let's see.
But i most say, those students deserve it.

I think so. Because some of them already have bank interviews waiting. I'm not speculating, not guessing. If you've been to the school recently, you'll know that I'm speaking writing the truth.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by DrKitaun(m): 1:50am On Jun 16, 2008
in fact for the school to have produced 20 1st class graduates of Acct, that must mean their lecturers in the 1st place would have been 1st class themselves ? undecided

and has the course been fully accredited in the school with NUC already ?

its only the school's 3rd convo u know ?
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Gamine(f): 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2008
3 first class in my course.

engineering no be small thing ooh!!

The convocation ceremony is always mega Tight!!!
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by icezik1(m): 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2008
Pity, I wasn't there!
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by alkoholik: 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2008
@ Dr Kitaun

I heard from a reliable source that each time NUC visits for the accreditation exercise, they dont think twice before accrediting any course tendered by the institution. Plus the School has all it takes to have her courses accredited.

@ Ice_Ziki
Too Bad sad
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by oldie(m): 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2008
I do not have problems with Universities awarding first class degrees
I hope this is not a marketing gimmick!

Some British universities are now awarding first class degrees easily nowadays, especially to foreign graduating students
They make more money from foreigners!

I wish them luck!
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by PiMpjUiCe1: 8:58pm On Jun 18, 2008
My friend got a first class in accounting from CU. Am telling u that school rocks. its too much joo
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by neve: 4:23am On Jun 19, 2008
There ain't anything difficult about getting a first class degree, if you read well. then it ain't big a deal. congrats to all of them,
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by dada22(m): 7:04am On Jun 19, 2008
20 1st class! dat's great, Congratulations!
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by SENATORJD(m): 8:10am On Jun 19, 2008
yeah if u do ur part in CU then u would get ur grades without being cheated, speaking from experience grin
@ gamine
sup gamine hows school?
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by fun4me2(f): 8:46am On Jun 19, 2008
dats very good,check dem out most of dem are either ACA's or partly qualified.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by oYaTo(m): 8:51am On Jun 19, 2008
20 first class students? shocked No comment lipsrsealed
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by bimlove(f): 9:42am On Jun 19, 2008
i'm also talking from experience,CU has avery conducive atmosphere 4 learning compared to other fed.,state universities or any other institution, so y wld u go to a wschl like that and fail.as long as u read ur books well u have no reasons to fail.it's not like the scvjl doesn't have pple who graduated with 3rd class.thew stds have been tested well enough and have been found worhty.if only the lecturers in these other instituions wld allow the stds,they too wld have been graduating quite a no. too.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by sweetiemi(f): 9:46am On Jun 19, 2008
hi people my junior brother is in the school and at least i have been there and i can testify that if those students got first class they deserve it!!! the enviroment is conducve enough and the lecture pattern and the focus of most of the students when you speak with them is amazing, truly. i went to UI and have been skeptical about all these new generation universities but covenant has allayed my fears.

congrats to them students
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Maxidoe(m): 10:08am On Jun 19, 2008
I have been to CU,i have friends in CU,no doubt its good and kinda of hve standard and sure not compareable with most federal and state universities.We have refused to also talk about the negative activities in the school despite the strictness,anyone who trully knows CU,sure know what am talking about.1st class is not about reading,its much more than that,its in most cases about being a genius or extra talented.20 first class in a dept in a Nigerian university is sure laughable and questioable, really laughable, na beans?
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by sweetiemi(f): 10:23am On Jun 19, 2008
fun4me2:

that is very good,check them out most of them are either ACA's or partly qualified.

that is quite true i heard that in thier third year or earlier students are expected to start taking proffessional exams in line with thier courses and most of them by the they are graduating already are members of proffesional bodies or about to be certified i know of the IT college.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by zains: 10:31am On Jun 19, 2008
Why is it hard for some people to get comfortable with excellence.
Is it that we, as a people are so used to losing that winning has become an alien phenomenon?
God have mercy!
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by bioman: 10:38am On Jun 19, 2008
THE PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES HAVE DEVISED A MEANS OF MAKING THEIR GRADUATES MORE RELIVANT IN THE LABOUR MARKET. IF THIS TREND IS NOT CHECKED ,IT WILL METAMORPHOSED INTO ANOHER THING. LAST YEAR COVENANT PRODUCED FIRST CLASS AND 2:1 IN THIER HUNDREDS. THIS CALLED FOR SUSPICION. THE SCHOOL IS BEUTIFUL AND RICH IN STRUCTURES BUT THAT DOES NOT TRANSLATE INTO INDISCRIMINATE FIRST CLASS. THE FIRST CLASS PRODUCTS SHOULD BE SENT TO UNN FOR SCRUTINY. THEY WILL END UP WITH PASS! cool
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by orisebawo(m): 10:39am On Jun 19, 2008
sweetiemi:

that is quite true i heard that in their third year or earlier students are expected to start taking proffessional exams in line with their courses and most of them by the they are graduating already are members of proffesional bodies or about to be certified i know of the IT college.

You cannot become a member of a professional body by just passing exams,the 20 graduants with first class honours will have to wait at least another 3 years before they can become a member of any chartered accountancy body because one of the requirement is that you have 36 months of supervised working experience which should be verified by a member of the body.

A lot of people make the mistake of calling affiliates (just passed exams) members just because they have passed their exams.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by 9ja4eva: 10:42am On Jun 19, 2008
bioman:

THE PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES HAVE DEVISED A MEANS OF MAKING THEIR GRADUATES MORE RELIVANT IN THE LABOUR MARKET. IF THIS TREND IS NOT CHECKED ,IT WILL METAMORPHOSED INTO ANOHER THING. LAST YEAR COVENANT PRODUCED FIRST CLASS AND 2:1 IN THIER HUNDREDS. THIS CALLED FOR SUSPICION. THE SCHOOL IS BEUTIFUL AND RICH IN STRUCTURES BUT THAT DOES NOT TRANSLATE INTO INDISCRIMINATE FIRST CLASS. THE FIRST CLASS PRODUCTS SHOULD BE SENT TO UNN FOR SCRUTINY. THEY WILL END UP WITH PASS! cool

Word

Besides its not secret that the first class thing is always arranged.Obayan(D VC)got to do what she is asked to do before she is fired.This is a joke, CU no even get hot lecturers like dt, oh please people dnt be phased with the first class thing.It is too much politics.

alkoholik:

@ Dr Kitaun

I heard from a reliable source that each time NUC visits for the accreditation exercise, they don't think twice before accrediting any course tendered by the institution. Plus the School has all it takes to have her courses accredited.

@ Ice_Ziki
Too Bad sad

True talk.Afterall its no secret that Prof Okebukola is a winner.Too much behind the scene acting most people dont know.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by orisebawo(m): 10:48am On Jun 19, 2008
The university is different from a secondary school where all you have to do is read and pass, even well established universities like cambridge and oxford dont produce as many first class. The more first class you have the lesser the value of the certificate.

I am happy for the CU first class graduants and i wish them success in the future, my only fear is that they might not be ready for the real world as they have been well protected by CU from outside influences.

The first class candidate from a federal university in most cases would have battled against so many distractions and influences and would be able to survive better in the outside world.
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by SENATORJD(m): 11:21am On Jun 19, 2008
9ja4eva:

Besides its not secret that the first class thing is always arranged.Obayan(D VC)got to do what she is asked to do before she is fired.This is a joke, CU no even get hot lecturers like dt, oh please people dnt be phased with the first .
:ochairman softly softly where u get ur own information from CNN?dem go fire am haba
u don reach there c their lecturers before? d likes of Prof ibiyemi(former cst dean),prof ekundayo(granpapa of architecture), prof otokiti and so on
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by Xolokristo(m): 11:23am On Jun 19, 2008
20 Ist Class!, shocked, Guinness Book of World Records Beckons!
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by fikiti(m): 11:34am On Jun 19, 2008
It comes as no startling piece of information to me.The school is more equipped than all Fed Univ's combined.the structures are indeed awe-inspiring,the atmosphere itself encourages intellectual vivacity and vibrancy.Kudos!
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by ehie007(m): 12:22pm On Jun 19, 2008
cant blame them, things are quite easy in private schools, where they are been taught well, good atmosphere and all. a genuien 2.1 in a government university will challenge those 1st class in private schools if not even dust them. how i wish i went to private school, i wuld av made a first class too,
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by serenashod: 1:05pm On Jun 19, 2008
winkna beans!ask them to write simple sentence,it will become whahala.speaking is no problem,oyinbo sef no sabi speak english like them.state university graduates,where una dey, we go make am!wether them like am even as them dash out 1st class ,we go make am.but really this whole thing is going to fall education standard in Nigeria.as time goes on second class lower will not even be reckoned with and 2-1 will be for majority.in those days like i heard from papa,40 is a big pass,no matter how u read(rem in those days ,u had more whites teaching in schools),you hardly see 2-1 but now 2-1 is like pure water,that u can find any where, any time and at a cheaper price.People with third class are making it so why the urge for first class.another thing i think those wit first class should go back to school since they are good and teach,so they can tell them how they were able to make first class and may be by that we`ll have more of 2-1 and first class graduate.it is well
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by ants(m): 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2008
na film trick,  lipsrsealed
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by smooooooth: 1:29pm On Jun 19, 2008
na only 4 CU that kind thing dey happen.

lets wait till they take ican. undecided
Re: Covenant University: 3rd Convocation Ceremony by 9ja4eva: 1:40pm On Jun 19, 2008
SENATOR JD:

:ochairman softly softly where u get your own information from CNN?them go fire am haba
u don reach there c their lecturers before? d likes of Prof ibiyemi(former cst dean),prof ekundayo(granpapa of architecture), prof otokiti and so on

Ibiyemi is no longer in CU.He left due to the politics and comes only as a visiting prof.Forget matter, CU no get lecturers again.No one dares stand up to the Bishop.You know better.

ants:

na film trick, lipsrsealed

Cinema

University Of Ibadan Students Demand Restoration Of Suspended Student's Union / OAU Admission Cut Off Mark For 2014/2015 Is Out (departmental) / Niger Rated Best State In School Feeding Programme