Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,523 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

How Do I Purchase A Parked Domain Name - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Purchase A Parked Domain Name (1792 Views)

How Can I Purchase A Domain With My Atm Card? / How Do I Purchase A Domain Name And Hosting Space? / How Can I Forward A Parked Domain To A Particular Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Purchase A Parked Domain Name by usbcable(m): 11:51am On Sep 04, 2013
sometime recently I engaged a friend to help build a website for me.
Sadly by the time of completion the intended domain name had been parked just before we could register it.

I really like the name and would not mind buying it from the person that parked the name.
Problem is I dont know how to contact the person that parked it so as to negotiate the price with him/her.

I checked up the domain name on www.whois.com and saw some details about the domain.

Does anyone have an idea on how i can contact the domain name owner so that we can negotiate.

Any info in this regards will be really really really appreciated.

BTW,

any info on how to rate the approximate value of the domain name will be appreciated as well.

Many thanks.
Re: How Do I Purchase A Parked Domain Name by FBS: 1:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
Why dont you meanwhile get an alternate one like .net or .org?
and when the "original" one becomes available you may be notified say by GoDaddy (assuming that's your host/registrar)

You can also use brokers, agents etc but of course they will charge you for that.

The whois should reveal a contact detail. either that of the host/registrar or the owner.
Re: How Do I Purchase A Parked Domain Name by solutions247(m): 3:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
Its means dat d domain privacy is locked, y dnt u visit d domain n see if u kn contact dem via a website d domain has bin used for.but whc ever way u kn use .info.net.ng as fBS said
Re: How Do I Purchase A Parked Domain Name by nklove1: 5:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
Since it was parked, check with the registrar he parked it with.
Re: How Do I Purchase A Parked Domain Name by usbcable(m): 6:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
FBS: Why dont you meanwhile get an alternate one like .net or .org?
and when the "original" one becomes available you may be notified say by GoDaddy (assuming that's your host/registrar)

You can also use brokers, agents etc but of course they will charge you for that.

The whois should reveal a contact detail. either that of the host/registrar or the owner.

it was actually parked with GoDaddy as the registra.
but the contact details I found in whois.com seems to be incorrect.

how do i ocntact GoDaddy for the domain name? any ideas?
Re: How Do I Purchase A Parked Domain Name by JMOI: 6:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Simple, you have to buy it from them if they were the ones that parked it. If it was a third party that purchased it then you'll have to buy it from them. You'll have to do both at a higher cost. It's actually a line of internet business known as domain parking. I know a lot of you don't know about it.

All you need do is to buy a lot of domains and "park" them 'cos you are not making use of them. Then they will now sell it for profit to people who actually need them.

For example you can park or naira.ng and who knows, Seun might be in need of them sometime in the future.
Re: How Do I Purchase A Parked Domain Name by FBS: 10:46am On Sep 05, 2013
usbcable:

it was actually parked with GoDaddy as the registra.
but the contact details I found in whois.com seems to be incorrect.

how do i ocntact GoDaddy for the domain name? any ideas?
Strange that the contact seems to be incorrect or it could be that the owner is using their Domain Privacy tool.
But anyways, they have a domain buy service.
- open godaddy.com and search for the domain name you are after. You will like get a similar message as below
Sorry, DOMAINBUYSERVICE.COM is already taken. Really want it? Try our Domain Buy Service.
- Click that link (Try our Domain Buy Service) and you will be presented with two options from which you can choose. See, I've attached a screenshot for you.

Or alternatively, get on their Forum and submit a ticket there.

Re: How Do I Purchase A Parked Domain Name by usbcable(m): 11:55am On Apr 04, 2015
NEWS FLASH

after over a year the payment made by the guy expired and I instantly paid for it even though I was broke then.
grin

I suspect it wss parked by someone I confided in that I wanted to buy the domain name.

so happy.
FBS:

Strange that the contact seems to be incorrect or it could be that the owner is using their Domain Privacy tool.
But anyways, they have a domain buy service.
- open godaddy.com and search for the domain name you are after. You will like get a similar message as below
Sorry, DOMAINBUYSERVICE.COM is already taken. Really want it? Try our Domain Buy Service.
- Click that link (Try our Domain Buy Service) and you will be presented with two options from which you can choose. See, I've attached a screenshot for you.
Or alternatively, get on their Forum and submit a ticket there.

(1) (Reply)

Post Your Website Or Blog Here And Get A Full FREE Review and backlinks / I Need Pin Verified Naija, USA Or UK Adsense For Sale? / Non Hosted Nigerian Adsense Are Readily Available For Sale @7k Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.