Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria (5888 Views)

Careers For Graduate With Degree In Banking And Finance / Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria / Difficulties In Being A Stamara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria by jarkata(m): 3:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
Most geologist and geophysicist that i know use to work outside thier field of study.imagin the kind of stress someone undergo before graduating in the field of geology or geophysics,even coming out with 2'2 in some federal university like OAU,FUTA,UNICAL,UNILAG,UNIBEN,UNIPORT and FUTO no be child play.i wonder after all d stress, these dude came out sruggling to get government work like teaching,lecturing and para millitary jobs, the fact remains dat most of the oil companies normally request for minimum of ten to fifteen years of experience with M.sc as an added advantage.That is why it has become neccessary for most scholers in dis field to go for their masters after d first degree.coming out with anything below 2'1 is a difficult task in securing job with multinational oil company like shell,total,mobil, chevron, despite d fact dat some university graduate their students with no students having 2'1 in some set in 90's,i don't want to mention d name of those schools again.i have many friends dat studied dis course,what is d way fwd.
Re: Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria by PalmTree(m): 2:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is widely used across
several fields ranging from Telecomms to Oil and Gas
Industry. Which is why Greenland Consult Ltd (Geo-spatial
and Remote Sensing experts) have decided to bring this
technology closer to our future leaders. Acquire GIS skills
today and provide your self with an advantage over other job
seekers!
If you are currently studying Geography, Urban and regional
planning, Geology, Agricultural sciences, Civil engineering,
Information technology, Estate management, Surveying,
Agric Extension, Public health science and Marketing, we
have customized training classes for all the above listed
disciplines. For hands-on technical training in GIS and
Remote Sensing applications, you can send a mail to
greenlandconsult89@gmail.com or tomimgis@gmail.com.
Phone: 08061185492
We also offer advanced training sessions on Crime mapping
analysis, Land information systems, Forest and natural
resource management, Environmental impact assessment
and Environmental Modelling. Thanks.
Re: Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria by Mornah25: 7:21am On Oct 10, 2013
jarkatá: Most geologist and geophysicist that i know use to work outside thier field of study.imagin the kind of stress someone undergo before graduating in the field of geology or geophysics,even coming out with 2'2 in some federal university like OAU,FUTA,UNICAL,UNILAG,UNIBEN,UNIPORT and FUTO no be child play.i wonder after all d stress, these dude came out sruggling to get government work like teaching,lecturing and para millitary jobs, the fact remains dat most of the oil companies normally request for minimum of ten to fifteen years of experience with M.sc as an added advantage.That is why it has become neccessary for most scholers in dis field to go for their masters after d first degree.coming out with anything below 2'1 is a difficult task in securing job with multinational oil company like shell,total,mobil, chevron, despite d fact dat some university graduate their students with no students having 2'1 in some set in 90's,i don't want to mention d name of those schools again.i have many friends dat studied dis course,what is d way fwd.
Unilorin is one of such schools..D total number of 2.1 every session is not morethan 13-14 out of approximately 100. Eventhough they r brains and offcourse I don't think they knw what is obtainable in the job market out there. #Pathetic.
Re: Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria by Iamstrata(m): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2013
Mornah25: Unilorin is one of such schools..D total number of 2.1 every session is not morethan 13-14 out of approximately 100. Eventhough they r brains and offcourse I don't think they knw what is obtainable in the job market out there. #Pathetic.
in oau, 2:1 ranges from one to six. The highest i experienced was twelve. The painful aspect is you don't get the chance to do it which is priceless these days.
Re: Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria by Saryea83: 3:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
You're on point! Am much interested in the GIS training, am currently serving in Rivers State, so if your office is in PH inbox me let me take action!
cokwute@gmail.com
Re: Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria by PalmTree(m): 3:35pm On Nov 01, 2013
Saryea83: You're on point! Am much interested in the GIS training, am currently serving in Rivers State, so if your office is in PH inbox me let me take action!
cokwute@gmail.com

No, we are based in Ibadan.
Re: Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria by obinna11(m): 9:46am On Dec 06, 2013
Please must one have 2.1 to be able 2 work in the oil and gas sector. Pls I need immediate reply, am kinda scared.
Re: Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria by Iamstrata(m): 10:02am On Dec 06, 2013
not necessarily, but i do not undermine a good grade though. 2:1 bsc is now equivalent to 2:2 plus masters. In the geosciences, its all about your experience and skills and not really the class of degree. But really 1st class should b ur aim together with ur experience and most importantly God factor is the in thing
Re: Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria by Benedictus90: 11:19pm On Dec 07, 2013
PalmTree: Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is widely used across
several fields ranging from Telecomms to Oil and Gas
Industry. Which is why Greenland Consult Ltd (Geo-spatial
and Remote Sensing experts) have decided to bring this
technology closer to our future leaders. Acquire GIS skills
today and provide your self with an advantage over other job
seekers!
If you are currently studying Geography, Urban and regional
planning, Geology, Agricultural sciences, Civil engineering,
Information technology, Estate management, Surveying,
Agric Extension, Public health science and Marketing, we
have customized training classes for all the above listed
disciplines. For hands-on technical training in GIS and
Remote Sensing applications, you can send a mail to
greenlandconsult89@gmail.com or tomimgis@gmail.com.
Phone: 08061185492
We also offer advanced training sessions on Crime mapping
analysis, Land information systems, Forest and natural
resource management, Environmental impact assessment
and Environmental Modelling. Thanks.

how much does the training cost?
what is the duration of the training?
your address in ib.?
tnx
Re: Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria by PalmTree(m): 11:35pm On Dec 09, 2013
Benedictus90:

how much does the training cost?
what is the duration of the training?
your address in ib.?
tnx

Our office address is at Sw9/17, Apata, Ibadan, Oyo State.
Send us an email to greenlandconsult89@gmail.com, so we can furnish you with the details you require, cheers!
Re: Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria by Chydobe: 10:30am On Oct 12, 2017
The University of Arizona's MS-GIST (Masters of Science in GIS Technology) Program is pleased to accept applications form suitably qualified candidates for the “Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships”. The Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships 2018 is open to all incoming students who are willing to apply for the graduate MS-GIST program.

Meet Arizona Community Needs Scholarships is intended for students who are willing to help meet the needs of the State of Arizona's information-based economy workforce and community engagement upon graduation.

Click on link below to apply

http://www.newzified.com/apply-for-2018-meet-arizona-community-needs-scholarships/
Re: Difficulties In Getting Job With Degree In Geology And Geophysics In Nigeria by akin1991: 9:13am On Jan 08, 2021
Get d best GIS (Geographic information system) training..u will ive d opportunity to learn different things like NDWI(normalized difference water index),NDVI (Normalized difference vegetation index),Time mapping, 3d mapping, georeferencing,digitizing,Geocoding,watershed delineation, stream extraction, digitizing in google earth, image classification, land cover mapping, land change modeler and celulla automata/Markov chain for land cover forecast/prediction, creation of web map(Qgis2web),map publishing (Qgis cloud),preparation of data,buffering analysis, service area analysis, cost path,location allocation analysis, contour mapping etc..... U will also have d opportunity to use different GIS software's such as ArcGis,Qgis,surfer,idrisi terrset,Global mapper,smartGIS, SAS planet,map puzzle etc... Online training 7k, physical training 40k.call 08106244065

(1) (Reply)

Read This First Before Using A Counter Job As Leverage To Ask For A Raise / Nnpc Aptitude Test Preparatory Materials/ Questions And Answers / Acca P3, P4 & P5 Lsbf Video Lecture For June 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.