Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,958 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (25569 Views)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? / Should Married People Have Access To Each-Other’s Phones? / How Often Should Married Couples Get Intimate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by ddippset(m): 6:57am On Sep 05, 2013
lorretta u: Is this about men alone?
Don't u think women feel bad when they run into another babe u tapped her azz in the past? Y make it sound like the ex thing only hurts guys?
of course it goes both ways dear. sorry i forgot to point that out.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Oduleke: 7:29am On Sep 05, 2013
Nairalanders____ a lady(skul frnd) asked me if he Cα̲̅n still date her frnd's(while the lady and her frnd her still frnds) x___wot is ur view cus condemned that 4 her
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by mopelola123: 7:29am On Sep 05, 2013
obowunmi: I don't plan to keep in touch with any of my Exes... the past is in the past, bygones be bygones.... focused on the future.

HELL NO.
[color=#990000][/color
How about if u come aross any of them
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Oduleke: 7:34am On Sep 05, 2013
Nairalanders____ a lady(skul frnd) asked me if she Cα̲̅n still date her frnd's X (while the lady and her frnd her still frnds)___wot is ur view cus condemned that 4 her
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by snthesis(m): 7:49am On Sep 05, 2013
tanx for all your responses,
i guess my instinct was ryt- its bad to keep in touch with exes

my married ex and i had a long chat ysday, and all i cud hear was resentment and regret, we broke off cos i wasnt ready to settle down-pursuing a career, while she wanted to b a Mrs. anyways shes wishing she had been more patient with me, since apparently im living a fly life and her husband is jst a disappointment (after 3kids).
this communication has sown a seed of discontent in her, and im afraid it will affect her marriage- tis a pity

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by abbayoo: 7:58am On Sep 05, 2013
Its not easy dear. It takes a lot of discipline n determinated not to 'replay' d things u did when u were still dating. I tell u there is this force that seem to envelope u both shld u get to meet in a secret enclosure. Man better not start what u cannot finish o.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by abbayoo: 8:03am On Sep 05, 2013
Its not easy dear. It takes a lot of discipline n determination not to 'replay' d things u did when u were still dating. I tell u there is this force that seem to envelope u both shld u get to meet in a secret enclosure. Man better not start what u cannot finish o.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by alexmbachu2: 8:26am On Sep 05, 2013
taryour: HELL NO!!! Keep in touch for what An Ex should forever remain an Ex,dead and forgotten. If you coincidentally meet in public sef no greet am if possible and if you have to greet,do it from a far distance with just a hi,shikena.
you be akpos eh kwa.haba is not fair,ok can we meet and see about that?
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by dammytosh: 8:36am On Sep 05, 2013
Dear Ops,

I can see the selfishness in you and the African Man, i can do anything mentality. Instead of your question let me ask you a question.

If your wife's ex who is happily married decides to pay her a visit in your matrimonial home. By ex we mean, there is slight chance that they have ******** uncountable times, and she came x number of times compared to x -y no of times you can make her come.

The question is "How will you feel ? "

She will feel the same too, so put her in your shoes before your silly decision to invite your past.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Youngpo413: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2013
My
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Edusouls(m): 8:50am On Sep 05, 2013
Hell nooo, why keeping in touch with ur ex while in marriage, is very wrong you re just deliberately opening urself for temptation, these re the reasons why there is so much infidelity every where, broken homes, pls if u dont luv sombody dont event get married, to avoid double mindedness, know what u like and go 4 it, this advice is mainly 4 women, cos 4 some hellish reasons women catch more interest in attached men....only God knows y dis kind of vry bizzare behaviour in woo men.

4 Likes

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Damoche10: 8:54am On Sep 05, 2013
I still keep it touch with my Ex..Once helped her to ship her products from a client of hers that wasn't forth coming with her product back to her. She is and still my very good friend but my madam is very skeptical about us meeting again. I WILL NOT bend the love I have for my madam but will never date her behind her back. Some people do it as for me I won't!

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Emrich(m): 9:15am On Sep 05, 2013
berem: Too bad! My ex actually made my man what he is today! we are still friends because we separated without any quarrel. it was a mutual agreement that we call it quits. Why should i then hate him?
I am guessing u are grateful to him for making your man what he is today.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by kayfx2(m): 9:22am On Sep 05, 2013
Crixina: where have you been?
grin
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Emrich(m): 9:23am On Sep 05, 2013
It's not wrong to keep in touch with your ex and it's normal to feel for them, that's why you are human. I don't really buy this idea of temptation or devil making someone to do something. If you do anything with your ex, it's you that did it and not temptation. For christ's sake you are not animal that doesn't have control.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by kayClt(f): 9:27am On Sep 05, 2013
Justosaus:
i think this advise is for those who can't control themselves emotionally. As the name implies he/she's just ur ex, not ur enemy. Not all break ups are bloody, some are just by mutial agreement, due to distance or some other minor inconveniences. There's nothing wrong with talking to or helping each other once in a while
i tottally agree wit U.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by kayClt(f): 9:29am On Sep 05, 2013
Justosaus:
i think this advise is for those who can't control themselves emotionally. As the name implies he/she's just ur ex, not ur enemy. Not all break ups are bloody, some are just by mutial agreement, due to distance or some other minor inconveniences. There's nothing wrong with talking to or helping each other once in a while
i totally agree wit U. If u can control ur Emotions n hv real deep felling for ur present partner den dere is no problem keeping in touch wit ur Ex.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Comfortbabe: 10:00am On Sep 05, 2013
Nope
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by mystikal(m): 10:12am On Sep 05, 2013
exes are human still. The only reason i would stay away from an ex who is a friend is if my madam decides she isnt comfortable, n her reasons need to be valid.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by 2ndChance: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2013
Please avoid your ex'es like plagues o, Okafor's Law of Congodynamics is very potentgringrin

Okafor's Law of Congodynamics

C1 + P = C∞
It states that once a Congo has been shined once (C1) , it can always be shined (C∞ ) provided it was shined properly ( P) the previous times.

In scientific circles, opinion is divided as to whether it is actually a law or just a hypothesis. There is a large body of evidence to suggest that it is a law but there are others who think it is merely a hypothesis and does not take into account other variables such as M (marital status), O (opportunity) and F (Financial status) of either one or both of the parties.

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by leoebhos(m): 11:19am On Sep 05, 2013
snthesis: should married persons i.e the wife or husband keep in touch with exes undecided
on the flip side keepin in touch with an ex is usually to compare with the choice made i.e scorn the person assuming the person isnt better off when you left him/her, but in the case where the person is excelling a sense of regret might set in, and if the person is a bad guy/girl, the tendency to cheat will come in.

case in point, thanx to Watzapp, my ex and i started chatting seriously, catch is she's married and wants to pay a visit to my crib- i feel its totally wrong, but this wud never have crept up if she didnt keep in touch.
there is no perfect relationship, and potential infidelity lies in wait, when a partner is unhappy and comparing the choice made with another individual with whom he/she has had past sexual engagement.

should married persons i.e the wife or husband keep in touch with exes? should married partners ban all form of communication with exes?
Its unreasonable, careless and infact disgusting to keep in touch with exe while u are married. Feelings must creep in especially wit the ladies.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by snthesis(m): 11:36am On Sep 05, 2013
2ndChance: Please avoid your ex'es like plagues o, Okafor's Law of Congodynamics is very potentgringrin

Okafor's Law of Congodynamics

C1 + P = C∞
It states that once a Congo has been shined once (C1) , it can always be shined (C∞ ) provided it was shined properly ( P) the previous times.

In scientific circles, opinion is divided as to whether it is actually a law or just a hypothesis. There is a large body of evidence to suggest that it is a law but there are others who think it is merely a hypothesis and does not take into account other variables such as M (marital status), O (opportunity) and F (Financial status) of either one or both of the parties.
truss me, it was shined very properly, i take shining as an art grin grin grin grin
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by pweetymama(f): 11:41am On Sep 05, 2013
Some pple actually have dirty minds.dat one is ur ex does not necessarily mean sex was involved in d relationship.if ur mind n thoughts towards dat person is purely platonic,why not?m married n have ex(es) who i had no sexual relations with n m still in touch with them.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by MrAboki: 11:42am On Sep 05, 2013
@Topic;; Only Married Men are allowed to keep in touch with single exes..

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 05, 2013
pweetymama: Some pple actually have dirty minds.dat one is ur ex does not necessarily mean sex was involved in d relationship.if ur mind n thoughts towards dat person is purely platonic,why not?m married n have ex(es) who i had no sexual relations with n m still in touch with them.
only men and women that are in-secured that will be very angry if their wife or husband are still friends with their ex!!
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by olorire2013: 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
We dated for sweet 3yrs but distance created a problem in d relationship which was heading for marriage.We are both married wt children to different people.We made contact via BB after 10yrs and d feeling still remain d same.We flirt on d social media to d wee of d night while gisting abt old time.She wanted us to meet but iv been avoiding because I love my family.For me its HELL NO.
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Crixina(f): 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
yuzedo:
dodgeing u. angry But now am bark. Sooooo wuz yo numba? kiss
I dodge this one
Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by Crixina(f): 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
snthesis: tanx for all your responses,
i guess my instinct was ryt- its bad to keep in touch with exes

my married ex and i had a long chat ysday, and all i cud hear was resentment and regret, we broke off cos i wasnt ready to settle down-pursuing a career, while she wanted to b a Mrs. anyways shes wishing she had been more patient with me, since apparently im living a fly life and her husband is jst a disappointment (after 3kids).
this communication has sown a seed of discontent in her, and im afraid it will affect her marriage- tis a pity
dude run for your life cos she's only feeling that way cos its not working for her,if it was,trust me she won't even remember you do exist.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? by emmanuel4fire: 1:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
pweetymama: Some pple actually have dirty minds.dat one is ur ex does not necessarily mean sex was involved in d relationship.if ur mind n thoughts towards dat person is purely platonic,why not?m married n have ex(es) who i had no sexual relations with n m still in touch with them.
My friend, the truth still remains. It is very wise for a married couple to stay off his or her ex. In the short run, keeping in touch with her might mean nothing to you, but some how and some where in the long run something stupid might happen. If not you then the other will. Many see the present forgeting the long term effect and disaster it will cause.
I know of a friend who had similar issue that almost crumble her lovely home but thank God she yielded to advise and today her home is restored. Many men have been sent to their early grave because of this. I know of a village that it is forbidden. In that village if a woman sleeps with another man or have even kissing affairs by mistake with another man and sleeps with her husband the husband will be sick and if their gods is not consulted the man will die. Many men you see this days who know nothing about their tradition and are not serving God die young as a result of this. And as you know many women will not upon up to their husband after making a silly mistake. A woman from that same village in Delta state had an affair with another man and the husband died. It was when the children fell ill that she confessed ( true live story that I witnessed).
So my advise is that women should stay off their ex so as to prevent early death of their husband and likewise men stay off your ex girl.
Don't pity before you marry, marry because of love. If you love her you will guide what you have with jealousy.
Keep your ex far from you. Thanks and God bless.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Would You First Go Through On Your Spouses' Phone If Given The Chance? / Wife Brings Fake Father To Represent PZ’S Baby Moment Winner / Abandoned 10-year-old Pupil Breaks Down After Ridicule From Schoolmates (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.