Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,119 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? (27072 Views)

Advice Urgently Needed "He's Adamant On Having Separate Rooms" / At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? / Moving To Separate Rooms After Many Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Smartsyn(m): 12:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
One of my aunties was complaining to me that her hubby gave her a separate room in the new house they pack in recently, citing her having many clothes, shoes and other feminine accessories as the reason. She's arguing that as a young couple, they should be staying in one room.

When the issue came up as I was having a chat with her hubby, he maintained that the separate room is just for his wife to have room for her numerous accessories and that he sometimes need to be alone. He however said that the wife sleep in his room almost all nights and all what not.......

But should married couples have their separate rooms??

5 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by specialguest(f): 1:09pm On Jul 26, 2014
NO! Eat together, live together and SLEEP together. When my clothes become too much for our room to contain I will request hubby to let me convert the spare room to my closet. That's all

32 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
I, alutacontinua, would have my separate room.
Just for my personal retreat moments, I'll mostly be too busy playing woth his nose on OUR bed in OUR room anyways wink

16 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by nerodenero: 1:15pm On Jul 26, 2014
Your moniker would even frighten anyman that says you won't get your own separate room wink wink cheesy grin
alutacontinua: I, alutacontinua, would have my separate room.
Just for my personal retreat moments, I'll mostly be too busy playing woth his nose on OUR bed in OUR room anyways wink

17 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 26, 2014
nerodenero: Your moniker would even frighten anyman that says you won't get your own separate room wink wink cheesy grin

I'm the most gentle Nairalander.
I've been earning that award for 2 years and still counting cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by cococandy(f): 1:22pm On Jul 26, 2014
I don't see anything wrong with this.
I go soon do am sef
Smartsyn: One of my aunties was complaining to me that her hubby gave her a separate room in the new house they pack in recently, citing her having many clothes, shoes and other feminine accessories as the reason. She's arguing that as a young couple, they should be staying in one room.

When the issue came up as I was having a chat with her hubby, he maintained that the separate room is just for his wife to have room for her numerous accessories and that he sometimes need to be alone. He however said that the wife sleep in his room almost all nights and all what not.......

But should married couples have their separate rooms??

3 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by luvablesam(m): 1:23pm On Jul 26, 2014
Marriage isnt an institution that has a 'one rule fits all' kinda policy...Every family has what works for them...If your family would thrive by everyone having a separate room,so be it.If not,stay in a room...

Do what works for you.

75 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 26, 2014
Yes!
Thesame way Tom and Jerry should be on seperate shows!!

5 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by beeevan: 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2014
No separate room for me, i keep my clothes in any room I deem fit.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by egopersonified(f): 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2014
Moral of story, dont allow yr husband build his house, just squeeze yr family in a 2 bedroom apartment.

28 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Olarewajub: 5:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
egopersonified: Moral of story, dont allow yr husband build his house, just squeeze yr family in a 2 bedroom apartment.
Very funny.

3 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by damiso(f): 6:20pm On Jul 26, 2014
luvablesam: Marriage isnt an institution that has a 'one rule fits all' kinda policy...Every family has what works for them...If your family would thrive by everyone having a separate room,so be it.If not,stay in a room...

Do what works for you.

WORD.. I like the idea of a private suite, 2bedrooms and a lounge with a connecting door btw the two bedrooms that is never locked complete with a walk in closet and ensuite toilets and bath.That way we sleep in the same room most times but can also retreat into private solitude when needed.

It is said though that newer couples should share a room but like above quote said it is subjective.what works for A might not work for B.

15 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Abiagirl777(f): 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2014
My hubby is an AC freak,he cant hav enough of it even at de highest even though de room is freezing,to avoid stories dat touch i had to opt for my own room,my health is very much important
it hasn't stopped any1 of us frm sleepin anywhere we want to,infact i enjoy my little world de more.

32 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by OmoAlata1(f): 6:35pm On Jul 26, 2014
separate room what if you woke up at 2am ho.rny? it really defeats the purpose of being married. I like 2am sexx, when you are half asleep, half awake. you always get the best orgassm

49 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by ogawisdom(m): 6:46pm On Jul 26, 2014
Separate rooms is a must for me ooo, but we ll mostly sleep together in ur room or in mine @ nite tongue I dnt think one room can contain all our items really n we need some space too. Also this ll help a lot during omugu visit by my mother in law too cool

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 26, 2014
2 rooms work just fine... When we wanna tango, we'd meet in one of em rooms... Every man/woman needs privacy.....

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Smartsyn(m): 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2014
OmoAlata1: separate room what if you woke up at 2am ho.rny? it really defeats the purpose of being married. I like 2am sexx, when you are half asleep, half awake. you always get the best orgassm
Will try that 2am thingy with my partner, hope it'll work. But how about the kissy dovey thingy, won't it be kinda stinky?

2 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by OmoAlata1(f): 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2014
Smartsyn: Will try that 2am thingy with my partner, hope it'll work. But how about the kissy dovey thingy, won't it be kinda stinky?

stinky? you and ur partner have bad breathe? I never had that issue

1 Like

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by dechandel(f): 7:49pm On Jul 26, 2014
My mum has two rooms to herself..
Her clothes,her set of boxes including trunk box na die
My dad's room which z d matrimonial room is d only free room she has dats empty

5 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Smartsyn(m): 7:52pm On Jul 26, 2014
OmoAlata1:

stinky? you and ur partner have bad breathe? I never had that issue
Nope, just asking though... our breathe is fine. thanks

4 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by OmoAlata1(f): 7:55pm On Jul 26, 2014
lol good, but you should try it
Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by armyofone(m): 8:14pm On Jul 26, 2014
Same room but super king size bed.

3 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by teeboo: 8:37pm On Jul 26, 2014
Well,I don't see a big deal in it,we have a separate room it doesn't stop us frm having access 2 eachoda,though d room is linked together with a door in between. it even make it sweet wen am angry I lock d door behind "no entry" grin

6 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by timsbee(f): 8:51pm On Jul 26, 2014
Seperate rooms is gud. But wen d guy is d type dat wil hide one omo Ale inside his closet,den e go be say na me allow am in d first plce.

3 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by maingwaest(f): 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2014
It is not a bad idea cos the other room does not even have any bed, it only serve as a closet and for keeping other things like boxes,trunks etc u know we women never have enough of anything but the main bedroom *winks* naim be the koko. Therefore to avoid clutter and all what not, separate bedroom is a good option.

1 Like

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Kanwulia: 6:35am On Jul 27, 2014
There are no couples in polygamy.
Only triples, quadruples, quintuples. . . . .e.t.c! grin
You wanna put them ALL in one room? shocked

The SMELL go be HELELE!!!! grin
Toto water and akamu efrywhia!
TUFIAKWA!!!! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by MARKone(m): 7:35pm On Jul 27, 2014
Kanwulia: There are no couples in polygamy.
Only triples, quadruple, quintuples. . . . .e.t.c! grin

TUFIAKWA!!!! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Mintayo(m): 1:22am On Jul 28, 2014
Not sleeping in the same room?= One of the fastest way to breakup/cheatin/divorce.

25 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by armyofone(m): 2:22am On Jul 28, 2014
grin grin grin

Kanwulia: There are no couples in polygamy.
Only triples, quadruple, quintuples. . . . .e.t.c! grin

TUFIAKWA!!!! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Nobody: 3:21am On Jul 28, 2014
Not for me. If I want some space I move to the couch in the living room. I doubt it's healthy for my personality. Soon, I would find it tedious going to the joint room. Nah, not for me.

4 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by TRADELYN: 5:33am On Jul 28, 2014
grin

Two rooms OK.
However, they should always sleep together in any of them.

BTW, I hate seeing people acquiring too many new things (clothes, shoes, phones, cars, etc) and still retaining old ones (just wasting away)...why not give them out at discount or free

18 Likes

Re: Should Married Couples Have Their Separate Rooms? by Dominionng(m): 5:38am On Jul 28, 2014
If it works for you, fine! If it doesn't, change! One man's food is another man's poison after-all..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10-Year-Old Sayyid Rejected By His Parents In Kano Is Stranded / Between Husband And Wife, Who Should Greet The Other First In The Morning? / 5 Ways A Child Can Be Spoilt In A Nigerian Compound House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.