Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,194 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer (20368 Views)

Nigeria’s Arinze Favoured As Pope Benedict XVI Resigns / Pope Benedict To Resign / Comments By Pope Benedict XVI Annoy Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
italo:

Acting the fool still...

You need the gift of discernment. Do you want me to implore Satan on your behalf?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 12:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

You need the gift of discernment. Do you want me to implore Satan on your behalf?

Acting the fool still...
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Luckily for us, Egyptian pharaohs were not catholics or we would have had a shitload of Arabic saints to add to the white ones currently plaguing our villages.

Egyptians were mummified artificially.

St. Zita and many incorruptibles were not.

That's why I said READ. You just comment without knowing a thing.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
italo:

Egyptians were mummified artificially.

St. Zita and many incorruptibles were not.

That's why I said READ. You just comment without knowing a thing.

How do you know the bolded?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:10pm On Sep 06, 2013
italo:

Acting the fool still...

It's not too late to start using your brain.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 1:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

How do you know the bolded?

Scientists testified after examining the bodies, years, decades or sometimes centuries after their deaths.

That's why I said READ.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

It's not too late to start using your brain.

I'm not the one acting the fool naa.. its you. Thats what you said.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
italo:

I'm not the one acting the fool naa.. its you. Thats what you said.

It is necessary for me to come to your level in order to be understood, thus the acting. However a spirit of discernment will really help you out. Satan is still open to requests.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Missonas(f): 1:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Peter had one wish,to meet the Pope.he probably had envisoned his healing through the Pope.anybody working with God could have healed him.to all those still in doubt unless u believe u would not recieve.it has to come from you!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 2:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
italo:

A miracle is an occurrence that defies the laws of nature through God's intervention.

E.g: the bodies of saints remaining without decomposition after centuries of their deaths.

What century are living in? Did get caught in some kind of time warp phenomenom?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
italo:

Scientists testified after examining the bodies, years, decades or sometimes centuries after their deaths.

That's why I said READ.

Pls offer us a reference so that we can read it up. If what you say is true fact, the publication should be easily available.
I am eagerly waiting.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 2:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
italo:

Independent scientists with 'high IQs' have confirmed many miracles.

You havent read that far, have you?

References pls!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 2:14pm On Sep 06, 2013
Dastim: pope benedict xvi is a man inded nt even ordinary man bt a servant of God indeed

All the pedo.phil.e. priests were also servants of god. Not so?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
italo:

What sources are you reading from?

Enemies of the Church, I'm sure.

For only an enemy will dubiously exaggerate the bad things we have done, lie that we did things we didnt do and refuse to acknowledge that we are the largest providers of charity in the world. No one els e comes close.

What have you done for the good of the world?

Are you denying al the allegations?
Allegations that the catholic church accepts as part of their shameful past, and much of which they have apologized
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 2:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

It is necessary for me to come to your level in order to be understood, thus the acting. However a spirit of discernment will really help you out. Satan is still open to requests.

Still acting the fool, right?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 2:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
papie123:
so am usually not some one to comment on religion but i really need to chip in some thing here, technology can be explained....miracles CANT!!.. i think the other guy calling you satan is really harsh...
To early humans who understood nothing about their environment, everything would have been a miracle. To my grandmother, the mobile phone is miraculous thing, skype is the ultimate witchcraft, organ transplant is divine work.
When we. Know and adapt, the it becomes part of our catalogue of knowledge.
The fact Italo and other religious people are so desperate fore miracles, once again, shows that they are conflicted in their minds, and so desperately need myths, fairy tales and contrived miracles to shore up their ever waning and doubtful faith.
Faith=Doubt
This is what I been screaming from the rooftop.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
plaetton:

Are you denying al the allegations?
Allegations that the catholic church accepts as part of their shameful past, and much of which they have apologized

Are you denying that lies have been told against the Catholic Church and its bad deeds exaggerated while its good deeds ignored?

Note: that one apologizes doesnt mean that one is guilty of evil. Even where one is guilty, it doesnt mean that the event could not have been exaggerated.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
italo:

Still acting the fool, right?

How else would you understand me?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 2:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
plaetton:

References pls!

Start with the reference to the tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe I gave earlier.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

How else would you understand me?

I dont know anyone who understands you, whether you are acting a fool or not.

Maybe you are the only human with high IQ.

Or maybe you're the only one with low IQ.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
italo:

I dont know anyone who understands you, whether you are acting a fool or not.

Maybe you are the only human with high IQ.

Or maybe you're the only one with low IQ.

Even after stooping so low you have a problem understanding me, I just wonder how low your your intelligence is. You really need Satan.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 2:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Even after stooping so low you have a problem understanding me, I just wonder how low your your intelligence is. You really need Satan.

It is ZERO.

Yet you have been talking to me all day.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
italo:

It is ZERO.

Yet you have been talking to me all day.

I am selfless.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 3:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
italo:

Start with the reference to the tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe I gave earlier.

If you invoke science or scientists to substantiate a claim, you must give scientific reference in a peer reviewed scientific journal, not some crackpot religious website.

Only a very desperate religious doubter would offer reference to a religious body to substantiate a religious claim.
What a slowpoke

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
Na nna gi bu slowpoke >: better leave italo and stay out of catholic threads,u and alfa or wateva his silly name is are Foooooooooools
plaetton:

If you invoke science or scientists to substantiate a claim, you must give scientific reference in a peer reviewed scientific jourMay, not some crackpot religious website.

Only a very desperate religious doubter would offer reference to a religious body to substantiate a religious claim.
What a slowpoke
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
peppy luv: Na nna gi bu slowpoke >: better leave italo and stay out of catholic threads,u and alfa or wateva his silly name is are Foooooooooools

butthurt?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

butthurt?

Butthurt confirmed! grin
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 8:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
peppy luv: Na nna gi bu slowpoke >: better leave italo and stay out of catholic threads,u and alfa or wateva his silly name is are Foooooooooools

Nwanyi oma. wink
You wan look for my trouble? sad
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by plaetton: 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

butthurt?

Italo and his gang are suffering from the benign, but sometimes serious ailment called Religilous Decoherence. A brain disease that effects those that attempt to use intellectual sophistry to wash away the contradictions of religious belief.

Definition:
Religious decoherence occurs when the carefully woven myths,lies and fraud of religion meets face to face with the brick firewalls of common sense, reason and critical thought.

When this happens, fabrics of religious myth loose their coherence, their stability and then begin to waver towards ill logic, and disjointed sophistry.
As the situation deteriorates, the sufferer slides into rants , babbles and then a final recourse to invoke the "Spiritual" card in an attempt to escape the stinging and burning rays of common sense and reason.

When that fails, the victim would ultimately resort to name calling and threats of eternal hellfire.

1 Like

Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by rossi49ja(m): 8:35am On Sep 07, 2013
italo:

Miracles happen minute in the Catholic Church. It's just that we dont use them as a marketing tool.
Bless you for this. The Catholic Church makes no noise about the miracles. It's Christ doing the healing through his clerics.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by italo: 8:53am On Sep 07, 2013
plaetton:

If you invoke science or scientists to substantiate a claim, you must give scientific reference in a peer reviewed scientific journal, not some crackpot religious website.

What a slowpoke

www.enea.it/en/publications/abstract/Proceedings-of-the-International-Workshop-on-the-Scientific-Approach-to-the-Acheiropoietos-images

The Shroud of Turin, Tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe and the Veil of Manoppello have been peer-reviewed, yet scientists cannot show that they are of human origin.

All these images are there for skeptics like you to examine. If you refuse to examine, how is that our problem?

Also read about the Lourdes Medical Bureau that rigorously examines every purported miracle at Lourdes through the intercession of Mary. All miracles are peer-reviewed and any doctor or scientist is welcome to join the bureau including Atheists. Even you can join (if you are a doctor).

You can start from wikipedia:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lourdes_Medical_Bureau

When you are done reading, you will definitely bring up another excuse.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI Cured My Cancer by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 07, 2013
italo:

www.enea.it/en/publications/abstract/Proceedings-of-the-International-Workshop-on-the-Scientific-Approach-to-the-Acheiropoietos-images

The Shroud of Turin, Tilma of Our Lady of Guadalupe and the Veil of Manoppello have been peer-reviewed, yet scientists cannot show that they are of human origin.

All these images are there for skeptics like you to examine. If you refuse to examine, how is that our problem?

Also read about the Lourdes Medical Bureau that rigorously examines every purported miracle at Lourdes through the intercession of Mary. All miracles are peer-reviewed and any doctor or scientist is welcome to join the bureau including Atheists. Even you can join (if you are a doctor).

You can start from wikipedia:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lourdes_Medical_Bureau

When you are done reading, you will definitely bring up another excuse.

The shroud of turin is dated to the medievel times after the death of Jesus. There is nothing miraculous about it.

What is the miracle? An 11th century man's image appeared on a piece of cloth? We all know that there is now way that is Jesus on there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Some Of Us Born To Give More Love Than We Get – Pastor Fatoyinbo / Stephanie Otobo's Apology To Apostle Suleman By Deji Yesufu / Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.