Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

An Advice To Mr President.(an Article By Tobikush) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Advice To Mr President.(an Article By Tobikush) (586 Views)

Where Nigerians Should Focus...by Tobikush / An Article By Femi Adesina, Buhari's Special Adviser In January / Ibb For President: An Exercise In Futility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Advice To Mr President.(an Article By Tobikush) by tobikush1(m): 10:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
Seeing off a friend at Murtala Muhammed international Airport in Lagos I was amazed with the high number of people migrating in search for greener pastures away from the various maladies in this country, this baffles me, more also an average Nigeria will wake up to ask that what is really wrong with this country? , this statement brought about an attention into the ‘’state of the Nigerian State’’, in a country been blessed with various mineral resources and knowledgeable individuals, don’t be surprise that the same country is been characterized with bigotry and much more prejudice among her various ethnic groups which amounts to about 250 with Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo as the dominant. As a result of this, a leader doesn’t need a prophet to tell him that he needs to be a good advocate of good governance before he can win the trust of the people in order to win their mandate continuously.
This draws my attention into writing this article titled “Notice to Mr President”, Mr president Sir, am very much aware that you are absolutely drawing nearer to a state of total turmoil as a result of the menace procuring into a strong malady to the Nigerian State as a whole, ranging from the Boko Haram insurgence, failure among different governmental agencies, various institutional strike, Bad roads, Lack of good infrastructure, internal strife in People’s Democratic Party (PDP) towards 2015 election and many others. And am so much aware as a citizen of this great nation that all these vices are major threat to the sustainability of your position and the stand of your political party which is said to be one of the strongest and dominant, not only this, also the standard of living of the people, security and betterment of all which was the primary reason why men had the Social Contract in the first place and in my little own contribution present to you this advice.
Starting from ‘’Education’’ which affects myself as a student of the great institution (Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State). Sir, it is no new saying that ‘’Education makes people easy to govern and difficult to mislead’’ which means that a country that fails in educating his populace has a long way in curbing internal violence, I personal with my research realized that no nation can be at best if it fails in investing much in education, the likes of United State of America, Britain are not leading through natural resources they possess but through investment in Education, out of 10 leading universities in the world America has over six and Britain having two, also looking into a country like Malaysia which is characterized as second world realized that the first thing to do is to invest so much on education. Sir, any country that fails in educating her citizens eventually tends to be faced with various insurgence (e.g Boko Haram), political thugs, high rate of poverty, and high number of illiterate which is a major threat to a country like ours. Developed countries don’t even celebrate certificates anymore but discoveries, but the question in our own situation is how we can celebrate discoveries when people are not even well educated. Now it is ‘’show me a country that has failed in educating the populace and I will show you a failed state’’.
Sir in the respect towards the turbulence in your political party and also your zeal towards contesting 2015 election, sir, if I were you I will personally focus more on achieving more goals which you have set in your manifesto, I will personal make good governance my priority, focus more on electricity, rehabilitation of our health sector, eradication of corruption, meeting the demands of ASUU in a more diplomatic way, promotion of indigenous goods, enhancement of social security programs which has never happened before in Nigeria except Ekiti-State( am not party affiliated here but been objective), provision of job opportunities, minimization of ministerial appointment and other extravagant spending, focusing more on more profitable sources of income like agriculture and many more. Sir, with these and many more with the remaining time you have in this first term, I can bet you that you don’t need to convince the people much before winning their mandate unless if the situation is metaphysical, as a result, Nigerians will also see you as their messiah whom God has sent, as you know that for us in Nigeria ‘’Religion is the opium of the masses’’ that is where we the masses put all hopes, that is why an American citizen will tell you that what is it that he wants that his government can’t do and here in Nigeria we believe that there is nothing the government can do except God. Sir in my final remarks I will like to indulge you to make those sacrifice for the people you govern if truly you want them to make sacrifice for you coming this 2015 election, I wish you the best sir in the remaining years of your first term in office, and i pray GOD grants you the wisdom needed more to continue with the service, with love SIR.
TobiKush
writetotkush@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Olu, Warri Chiefs Perfect Truce / President Goodluck Jonathan Goes For Broke / Abia Government To Purchase Luxurious Buses To Convey Traders To New Main Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.