Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Advice On Sponsoring My Brother Or Sister As My Dependant To Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice On Sponsoring My Brother Or Sister As My Dependant To Uk (4217 Views)

Help!!! My Brother Is Missing / Inviting 16-year-old Cousin To The UK - Temporary Or As Permanent Dependant. / Dependant Visa Application In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Sponsoring My Brother Or Sister As My Dependant To Uk by winzie(m): 10:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
am a British citizen, I really missed my younger brothers and sisters. I think I will be a happier person if I have one or two of my youngers brother and sister here with me in the uk. my question is can I sponsor them to come to the uk as a dependant to me? do they stand a chance of been granted a settlement visa to enter and remain in uk?
please a honest advice, thanks
Re: Advice On Sponsoring My Brother Or Sister As My Dependant To Uk by liliana(f): 7:30am On Sep 14, 2013
I think it depends on their ages as well as you having a good job to cater for them without recourse to public funds. I suggest you check the UKBA website for more information. You will need to convince the visa officers that they (your siblings) are better off with you. All the best.
Re: Advice On Sponsoring My Brother Or Sister As My Dependant To Uk by justwise(m): 7:38am On Sep 14, 2013
liliana: I think it depends on their ages as well as you having a good job to cater for them without recourse to public funds. I suggest you check the UKBA website for more information. You will need to convince the visa officers that they (your siblings) are better off with you. All the best.

Wow!! you found your nairaland password today? grin grin long time.
Re: Advice On Sponsoring My Brother Or Sister As My Dependant To Uk by justwise(m): 7:40am On Sep 14, 2013
winzie: am a British citizen, I really missed my younger brothers and sisters. I think I will be a happier person if I have one or two of my youngers brother and sister here with me in the uk. my question is can I sponsor them to come to the uk as a dependant to me? do they stand a chance of been granted a settlement visa to enter and remain in uk?
please a honest advice, thanks

To add to what liliana said, their ages matters and prove that they actual depend on you for maintenance
Re: Advice On Sponsoring My Brother Or Sister As My Dependant To Uk by joxiri: 9:26am On Sep 14, 2013
If they are over the ages of 18 forget it. Also you will need a vast amount of evidence and. to prove that they cannot survive in Nigeria e.g a disability, receipts showing you have been paying their fees, possible western union receipts. Even though it is possible in theory to bring a sibling as a dependent it is very difficult

(1) (Reply)

There’s No Work In UK” – Lady Expresses Regret After Relocating For Greener Past / Graphic Photos: Fatal Accident In Nassarawa State / Pregnant Lady Refuses To Sit Beside A Dirty Boy In A Bus, See What Happened

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.