Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,146 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Dependant Visa Application In The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dependant Visa Application In The UK (13124 Views)

Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide / How Long Does TIER 2 DEPENDANT VISA Take In Nigeria / Dependant Visa Uk (student) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dependant Visa Application In The UK by progress2: 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2007
Dependant Visa Application: Can Someone Sort Out Advice For Me?

I am currently a MSc student here in UK.

My leave to remain expires in January 2008.

My course finishes in September 2007.

I am 28 years old

I am been sponsored by my father till date.

I am not working at all in the UK

I am getting married on july 7th,2007 in nigeria

I have been dating my Fiancee since April 2004.

I have previous emails exchange to prove continuos communication since 2004 April.

she is working in Nigeria and earns 80,000 per month.

I plan to apply for her dependant visa a week after our marriage.

I will be coming back to the UK by July 20,2007.

I have almost all necessary documents:

-my Bank statements for the last six months (would show about 1,300 balance, money coming in average of 900 pounds p/month, was about 650 per month as at April, 2007. Father increased it because of my upcoming marriage)

-tenancy agreement of 480 pounds for one bedroom flat in London (Commenced 1st of June,2007)

-letters from school showing registration

-letters from supervisor/tutor showing academic progress.

-my birth certificate

-utility bills for three months

-copy of my passport page/visa page

-letter of invitation from me to my proposed wife

-Pictures taken together during courtship 2004 till date.

-will definitely include the marriage certificate when i get married

-will include marriage pictures after i get married in july.

-copy of my school ID CARD

-TV licence certificate in my name

Now,am a bit confused,what other documents do i present and how do i present all that i have stated?

Do i have to present my sponsor's bank statement (my father)? and also a sponsor letter from him to state how he would continue to sponsor me even after my marriage?

Does my proposed wife have to get letters from her employer?

Does she need a leave of absence letter to show she would come back to her job after her studies?

does she need to present her payslip or bank account statement?Does this matter?

Knowledgeable people in the house,please WHAT AM I MISSING OUT?Do they really need any documents from both my sponsor and my wife.

Thank you
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by smile007: 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2007
humm that's a gud idea letting ur wife to experience the life abroad grin well i think all the documents u mentioned above is enough to get ur wife a dependence visa. best of luck
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by kokorunna(m): 8:22pm On Jun 13, 2007
From all the documents you stated, they are ok as long as they are genuine and you will need to have the following;

1. Your sponsor's letter to state that he will continue sponsoring you and his bank accounts

2. Your wife will need a letter from her employee plus her own bank accounts
sad
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by Akolawole(m): 1:13am On Jun 14, 2007
I think we've dealt with this matter few months ago cry
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by spaceworld: 6:24am On Jun 14, 2007
Good ideal,
why can you secure a job first before embarking on this, You know that, the cat eyed whiteman can capitalized on that you are still under sponsor, not yet independent on your own, secure a part time job, since u are about leaving college, let them know that are have income from your side too, not only from your dad
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by hortongate(m): 11:09am On Jun 14, 2007
The most cogent factor in granting student visas is the proof that a prospective will return.
Therefore, you need to be very practical in dealing with this issue.
At the time of your application, you must have convinced them that you will return to Nigeria at the completion of your studies.
So, now you intend to stay longer. You will have to answer a few questions.
If your visa expires in 2008, how do you plan to legalise your continued stay?
Are you extending your studies and by extension your student visa?
Have you been offered a lob which entitles you to a work permit?
If you've done or are planning any of these, the chances of a dependant visa for your prospective wife are there.
Remember, if you were married before going to study, it would have been automatic for your wife to go with you as long as you have a visa cause really, they can't "break" a family.
The list of documents you have looks convincing and might work out well for you.
You did say that you haven't worked and have been supported all through by your sponsor.
So it boils down to the kind of visa that you will have after your studies that will enable you work and support your wife because you or your dependant are not expected to recourse to public funds.
If you're studying for longer than one year in most cases or all, i think, your spouse can work. The bottom line is the basis on which you hope to secure a visa for your wife. You must have the right to live and work which i think you should secure firmly before applying for your wife.
A friend of mine is in a similar situation. Came back to Nigeria during his masters to marry, twice he applied for her and twice she was refused even after an appeal. He's in the country now and he's said his last resoort will be to forget the whole thing and stay here.
My final advice is this: Get a visa that will enable you stay and work, then get all relevant documents and most of all, pray like you do in all things. It should be fine.
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by progress2: 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2007
@VOR,LONDONCOOL,AKOLAWOLE,MRPATAKI ETC
The issue I dont think is based on if am working or not.I am legally permitted to work 20 hours week anyway.
What am saying is that can I apply for the dependant visa with just my own UK bank account only.If that will do?

Does anybody know anyone who just got this student dependant visa recently?
The provision of bank statements and source of funds, how was this proven by the student in UK.

Hope am making sense.

Thanks
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by VOR(m): 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2007
Progress,

There is no harm in submitting a letter from your sponsor if it strengthens your application.
You will not be penalised if you do but might be penalised if you don't so go ahead and submitt it.
What are your proposals after you have finished your course in September 2007.
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by hortongate(m): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2007
Check this site: http://www.lawrencelupin.co.uk/immigration/individuals/students.php
I found it jusstat the top of the page you're on now.
Good luck!
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by hortongate(m): 2:21pm On Jun 14, 2007
Check this site: http://www.lawrencelupin.co.uk/immigration/individuals/students.php
I found it jusstat the top of the page you're on now.
Good luck!
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by progress2: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2007
@VOR
I am currently training as a learning disability psychologist in South east london based on my course.
I believe its a shortage occupation and all things been equal (cetaris paribus),I hope to get a work permit,betterstill apply for IGS all in a view to get HSMP or luckily ILR as God pleases.

I am the only student living in london with that training and skill and the only and first ever black student in the faculty since its inception in 1997.

What do you feel.I think I would be indispensable in the social care sector and also as a clinician (from black ethnic minority).

Hope this helps.
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by progress2: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2007
thanks hortongate.
Will get in touch

1 Like

Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by Imani(f): 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ Poster,

Since you claim your training and skill is on the shortage occupation, you shouldn't have much trouble getting a work permit. The work permit route though can be stressful is propably the one that allows you to bring in your wife without much trouble. One of my aunts got a work permit last year and all she had to do was manage her accounts and her husband's back in naija with a certain amount of money for a few months and ensure steady flow of transactions, got the required tenancy agreement, letter from her sponsor, pay slips, bills in her name etc to strengten her application. Her husband and kids got their visas. This process may take a while.

The other route you mentioned is also ok in case the work permit option is taking too long. You can apply for IGS, this will give you a year to sort yourself out and if you find a job, you can then either switch into the work permit or HSMP route. With all these options, your fiancee/wife will switch with you accordingly.

However, to get ILR, you need to have lived in the UK and held a work permit or HSMP for 5 years. Sorry, your student years don't count unless you are applying on the basis on Long Residence.

Goodluck.
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by progress2: 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2007
Thanks Imani,
I understand your explanation fully.
Now in my present circumstances,your wife can join you over here as a student after you have arrived as a dependant of a student.
That is what i am up to for now and i need full advice.

Hope u grab.

Cheers
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2007
progress2:

Thanks Imani,
I understand your explanation fully.
Now in my present circumstances,your wife can join you over here as a student after you have arrived as a dependant of a student.
That is what i am up to for now and i need full advice.

Hope u grab.

Cheers

that's d koko of the matter

Your wife joining you 3/4 of the way into your course is different from the you being a married student and she following you to England

Not to burst your bubble but I doubt they'll give you.
If you had finished your course and had an immediate prospect of a job then they would be in a hard place to refuse

If you want her to come why not simply let her apply for a holiday visa.

VOR, AKOLAWOLE , INPUTS PLEASE

P.S do u remember moi in the thread about visa refusals
well i was refused again, and i appealed but its been 3-4 months now and i haven't heard anything
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by deor03(m): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2007
i thinks it makes more sense to apply for visiting visa (6 months) for her. let her spend as much as 4 months during this period try to organise yourself to get a job .

If you get a job you can then have the option of securing 2 years visiting for her OR a dependent visa.

it's better you have a shot once at the embassy
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by Ollie39: 7:42pm On Jun 15, 2007
salsera:

that's d koko of the matter

Your wife joining you 3/4 of the way into your course is different from the you being a married student and she following you to England

Not to burst your bubble but I doubt they'll give you.
If you had finished your course and had an immediate prospect of a job then they would be in a hard place to refuse

If you want her to come why not simply let her apply for a holiday visa.

VOR, AKOLAWOLE , INPUTS PLEASE

P.S do u remember moi in the thread about visa refusals
well i was refused again, and i appealed but its been 3-4 months now and i haven't heard anything

I agree with this poster. Applying for your wife to join you at this stage will set alarm bells ringing at the IND. Infact you might jeopardize your application for extension of your stay to work. The best thing to do is for her to make her own application to visit and not link it to you. Secure rights to stay to work first before applying for a depandant visa. Remember that with visa applications nothing is guaranteed even if you are the only person with that qualification. Which I don't agree is the case, but that is by the way. smiley
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by progress2: 4:25pm On Jun 18, 2007
I understand every bit of the contributions on this topic.
The fact remains that she is still my fiancee and we are getting married next month july,and I want her to apply as a dependant immediately after the marriage.

Its a fresh marriage.
we have been dating since 2004 and i have evidence to prove this .

Way forward pls.
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by afrokimmy(f): 4:39pm On Jun 18, 2007
I advise you take up paid employment before putting in your application and #1300 account balance is not good.
Lastly, u r a man, ur up to marriageable age, ur dad is still sending you money, u don't have a job and then u want to marry!
If I were an ECO, I won't grant u visa because u'll end up on benefits!
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by progress2: 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2007
i understand u.
but just a quick question, what if i decide to do a phd for another three years,what happens?
Also,the ECO knows am not working but they expect me to provide for my wife.they also know she is entitled to work,but still directly sponsored by my father with an additional income for me every month to cater for both of us till i finish studies.

she is working and earns 90,000 monthly and she has a savings of 1.2million naira.
she will get a letter of leave of absence from her employer here in nigeria to show she will come to her job upon completion of my studies.

I think have a legal and family right to apply for my wife to stay with me even if it is for 'two weeks'

suggestions please!
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by Imani(f): 9:38am On Jun 19, 2007
progress2:

I understand every bit of the contributions on this topic.

Way forward please.

progress2:

i understand u.

suggestions please!

Looks like you don't[b] understand [/b] what people here have been saying as you claim.

There is nothing wrong in bringing your wife as your dependent, but it is very unlikely for it to be as staightforward as you think.

If you really want her to come for at least "two weeks", the easiest route like someone already suggested is a visiting visa. While she is here, you guys can speak to solicitors and find a way forward.

I doubt nairalanders are equipped to deal with the technicality of your questions. In this regard, it will be better to speak to an immigration consultant , if not, people won't be able to advice you or tell you what you want to hear.

Goodluck on whatever you decide to do. Even the "seasoned" advicers have avoided this thread obviously that tells you something!!
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by Kingkong1: 3:25pm On Jun 19, 2007
progress2:

I think have a legal and family right to apply for my wife to stay with me even if it is for 'two weeks'

You certainly have the right to invite your wife over for one day if you wish, but you have NO rights if you have only two weeks leave to remain in the country
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by progress2: 6:49pm On Jun 19, 2007
@king kong

My leave to remain expires in january 2008 and not 'two weeks'.

Thanks
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by amsandhya: 7:53pm On Oct 01, 2007

I am currently a MSc SPORTS AND EXERCISE student here in LUTON.

My course finishes in September 2008.

I am 25 years old

I am been sponsored by my father till date through education loan.

I am working in mcdonald

I am getting married in Nov from indIAN Court , we have different religion. wink,

WE ARE doing this without informing to our families and it is not possible for us to live in india.

I have previous emails exchange to prove continuos communication since 2005 Dec.

He is working in india but dont have strong bank satatement.

we r planin to apply for dependant visa in jan.
I will be going to india in oct last week.

He applied for Napier university in sep intake but coz of documentaion problem he differ for jan intake. So incase if he dont get visa, i want him to go with this dependent visa In jan, smiley are we goin to get any problem with student visa rejection, ? or any other country's rejection in comin months, ? he has to apply for uk coz he cant get his fees back which he had paid to the university. its a rule from from uni

I will be thankful to all if I get positive ideas and sugetions with all requirements smiley coz i dont have any information about this matter. Even he cant get any help from his family,

Why cant we get love easily any wayzzz guyzzz come up with some goood and effective ideas,

SANDHYA cheesy
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by amsandhya: 8:46pm On Oct 01, 2007

I am currently a MSc SPORTS AND EXERCISE student here in LUTON.

My course finishes in September 2008.

I am 25 years old

I am been sponsored by my father till date through education loan.

I am working in McDonald

I am getting married in Nov from Indian Court , we have different religion. wink,

WE ARE doing this without informing to our families and it is not possible for us to live in India.

I have previous emails exchange to prove continuos communication since 2005 Dec.

He is working in india but dont have strong bank statement.

we r planin to apply for dependant visa in jan.
I will be going to india in oct last week.

He applied for Napier university in sep intake but coz of documentaion problem he differ for jan intake. So incase if he dont get visa, i want him to go with this dependent visa In jan, smiley are we goin to get any problem with student visa rejection, ? or any other country's rejection in comin months, ? he has to apply for uk coz he cant get his fees back which he had paid to the university. its a rule from from uni

I will be thankful to all if I get positive ideas and sugetions with all requirements smiley coz i dont have any information about this matter. Even he cant get any help from his family,

Why cant we get love easily any wayzzz guyzzz come up with some goood and effective ideas,

SANDHYA cheesy
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by uspry1(f): 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2007
I don't understand why you apply for dependant VISA for your wife? What is wrong with K3 Fiancee VISA application that you already married to your wife last July 2007?

Suggest you get your experienced UK immigrant lawyer who is familiar with married immigrant services to bring wife/fiancee into your country where YOU PRESENTLY live at to help you all this procedure.
Re: Dependant Visa Application In The UK by jacklins: 2:18am On Oct 15, 2009
Hey,

My fiancee is studying in Uk. We'll be getting married after he finishes his course, and before we getting married he will be applying for another course which is for 6 months.

i just wanted to know if I can appyly for a Dependent Visa for 6 months.

Please let me know.

Hope to hear from you soon.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Ready In 2 Years, Amaechi Assures / Lagos Residents Lament Hardship Over Collapsed Road / Cleanest City In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.