Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,832 members, 7,817,434 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

How Good A Cook Are You - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Good A Cook Are You (1796 Views)

Poll: How would u rate ur cooking skills

Amazing cook: 42% (14 votes)
very good: 39% (13 votes)
fairly good: 12% (4 votes)
ok/not so good: 3% (1 vote)
can't cook to save my life: 3% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / A Cook Needed In Lagos Please / My Boyfriend Has Turned Me To A Cook: Could This Be Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good A Cook Are You by NubianQ(f): 9:36pm On Jun 15, 2008
How good of a cook are you. For me, i don't think i cook well enough to save my life,  grin grin

how would u rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 and whats your speciality
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by ikamefa(f): 9:49pm On Jun 15, 2008
am a big fat 10 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

and lovin it grin grin grin grin grin

my specialty is ogbono and bitter leaf soup grin grin grin
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by HRhotness(f): 9:52pm On Jun 15, 2008
I'm an amazing cook,

I can cook for England!  grin
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Antidote1(f): 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2008
Nubian honey, great thread,

@topic
I don't want to blow my own horns now, but I am a very very good cook. I learnt from the best( my mom of course), I love to bake as well. I missed baking bread and cake, Saturday rituals. I dont get to do it a lot here, but I cook very often. I believe in eating home, than out, cheesy,

PS, My brothers cook well too. We all had to help out in the business.
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by HRhotness(f): 10:01pm On Jun 15, 2008
@ Antidote

I bake as well. . .  I loved to bake so much that my mum bought me a small cute oven of my own so i don't have to fool around with the big one in the kitchen. Oh happy days. . . . cheesy

the weird thing is my mum isnt that great a cook and i was never actually taught, i just have good instincts when it comes to food and cooking grin
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 15, 2008
I wnt lie o. . .am a 7, am still learning sha. . .
I learned how to cook naija food from my mum. . .and international food from my culinary operation class. .
of course I can bake, fry, etc. . .
sometimes I love cooking just to experience or try sth new. . .

I dnt know why, but I love baking cakes. . .diff types of cake
once I tried cooking jollof rice, it was a total mess, too much oil tongue
But I tried it again for my class, and they loved it.
It feels good to cook, but it feels even better when the ppl you cooked it for loves it. .
am still learning to cook sha grin cheesy

Food is our common ground, a universal experience. wink
James Beard
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by NubianQ(f): 12:28am On Jun 16, 2008
i dont know what kinda mama i am going to be. i cant even bake. well i rather used to go play than learn to cook. well i am not really worried cuz i can do some basic things but when it comes down to cooking on a large scale i am totally useless

@Antidote

Thanks wink
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Nobody: 2:12am On Jun 16, 2008
I'm a very good cook. I'll rate myself a 9.
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Nwaka77: 5:31am On Jun 16, 2008
I rate myself a 10. I am very, very good at cooking. Started cooking at a very young age.
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by HRhotness(f): 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2008
On a scale of 1 - 10 I rate myself a 15, thats how bloody good I am wink grin grin
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by omoge(f): 5:17pm On Jun 16, 2008
scale of 1 to 10? ummm i can say 100  grin

people have been asking me to open my own buka for here when i get done with school,  i don't know if i will sha.

I am going to stop doing saraka for all of them. (asians, oyinbos and other africans love our food o)
i have already asked them to email me before coming to ring my door bell (my roommate always open the door for them)  cheesy

even after peeping through and pretend am not in  grin

I love cooking  cheesy it's an art/hobby grin
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by lucyc(f): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2008
i cook so well wink wink
it is heredictory in my family grin grin grin
everybody knows how to cook starting frm my dad to our last born who is a boy.
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by dragnet: 7:08pm On Jun 20, 2008
8-go0d enuf to cook for a mini feast smiley
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 21, 2008
my culinary skills are second to none. b4 i met my girl friend my food was very traditional. i mean proper soup with assorted.
fast forward a few weeks/months after i met my girl friend. . . . . . . i can now bake. i can make a mean apple crumble pie, cake and samosa.
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 22, 2008
im a very good cook,started cooking for d whole family at d age of 9 smiley
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Oyinemi: 3:08pm On Aug 13, 2008
I would say 90% good, cos i just love the word "FOOD" and what ever it entails.Cooking is more of an hobby to me any way. grin grin grin
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by AmakaOne(f): 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2008
I would say about an 8.

I love cooking and experimenting with food.
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Mustay(m): 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2008

but I ain't good at the soup aspect
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Nwaka77: 2:04am On Aug 15, 2008
I cook very, very well. I give myself a 9 out of 10. Started to cook at a very young age (8 years old).
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Cayon(f): 12:40am On Sep 04, 2008
In school I took up technical drawing.  Loved it very much and was doing extremely well.  Never got below 90%.  My mother forced me to drop technical drawing.  I had to take  Home Economics.  I then fell in love with cooking and baking.  Passed (A) Home Economic at O'level.  Never see myself as a great cook but I always get compliments and asked to make dishes for parties
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by lami4life(f): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2008
I'v got a passion for cooking. I can cook for an army! When I was in the Uni, while my friends were out having fun, I was one of these:

1. On my way to the market
2. On my way back from the market
3. Cooking what i bought from the market

The story of my life!

I'll conveniently score a 9 cool it's modesty holding me back from scoring myself a 10
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by tRoOE(f): 12:44am On Oct 04, 2008
Depend on what kind of food we are taking about it
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Biabeke(f): 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2008
I will be modest about my culinary skills. God blessed me with a talent to cook Nigerian and American dishes. I can also bake and decorate cakes and make candies. My husband hardly eats out when he is here. Well, now he is Iraq, he has no choice but to eat what is given to him.
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by SeanT21(f): 3:24am On Nov 19, 2008
I am a Perfect cook until I make Spaghetti!!
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by maedan(f): 1:53pm On Nov 19, 2008
If there's a cooking scale, I'm sure I'll smash it! In other words, I'm a great cook. Comes from learning from different people and mixing it all in. My mom, my friends, my roommate, my boo(he taught me how to make perfect eba). A good cook is someone who, even when the kitchen cupboard is almost bare, he/she can still create a fantastic dish. That's me! cool
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Aladunni(f): 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2008
my customers dont complain O grin

when i say customers, i mean mama, papa, brothers and sister and now my fiance.

so i will say, am fairly ok.

abi dem no wan talk am for my face? tongue
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by luckyme9(f): 1:12pm On Nov 22, 2008
I will give myself a ten, since that's the highest. I am a great cook, almost everyone I know, have asked me one question or another. I can cook anything. Both Niger and American food. I got a job here at the Radison hotel in one interview. I'll do it anytime for fun, but too much work for the money. I will give the credit to my mom who is my hero in this regards. just name your ingredient and I'll tell you how to combine it, or let me smell it and i'll tell you what's in it, let me taste it and tell you what you are missing. I am good.
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by MadMax1(f): 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2008
I hate anything houseworky. Except cookery. I'm a good cook. I'm contantly being asked to come up with the menu for events by friends,colleagues and family, and to do some part of the cooking. One soup I cannot be beaten at is egusi, and any kind of sauce and stock.I make ices and ice cream (not great at those,just okay) and great fruit wine. Just dabbling into French and Indian cookery. I haven't gotten the hang of it, but learning is fun.
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by sistawoman: 10:56pm On Nov 24, 2008
I am a great cook.

I think it is all the prep work that i put into doing something for the first time. Even when I have never prepared a dish before I always land it like I am a natural pro at the dish.

there are a couple of dishes that I have cooked and no one knew it was my first time until i told them so.

My cherry pie, black eyed peas, curry everything are all examples of recent dishes I have tried for the first time and landed them.

Part of my process is to ask as many people as possible then think about the dish and how i want to make it, then take my thought process and make it happen. I always always always have extra in case i mess it up the first time and need to make it again but i never need the back up stuff, cuz i nail it the first time.
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by chamotex(m): 1:06am On Nov 25, 2008
I'm top quality, the black Jamie Oliver
Re: How Good A Cook Are You by Fancier(f): 4:14pm On Jan 14, 2009
Am a good cook that I know cos I started at a tender age and also An "A" product in Food and Nutrition. Nobody complained about my meal except me, grin LOl
Gone are the days of too much maggi embarassed, no Salt tongue, excess oil shocked, surface water cry . lol grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Online Cake Class / See What Two Nigerian Men Found Inside A Pack Of 5 Alive Juice They Bought(pics) / See The Big Mammal My Friend Killed In Grand Kru County, Liberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.