Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Cheat In Waec Examinations(wassce) And Get 5 Years Jail Term. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cheat In Waec Examinations(wassce) And Get 5 Years Jail Term. (1179 Views)

Exam Malpractice: See What This Lady Did To Cheat In An Exam Hall (photo) / I Cheated In Waec And Neco.should I Return The Certificate? / How To Pass Wassce And Other Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheat In Waec Examinations(wassce) And Get 5 Years Jail Term. by Gregdcutie(m): 7:53am On Sep 05, 2013
Any West African Examination Council (WAEC) candidate caughtindulging in examinations malpractices in any part of the country risks a minimum of five years imprisonment and N200, 000 fine.
This is because the Federal Executive Councilhas approved thememo from the Ministry of Education seeking to amend the WAEC Act 2004 in line with the 2003 convention in Ghana.
Briefing State House correspondents at the end of FEC meeting on Wednesday, the Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufa’I, said the proposal for the amendment would be forwarded to the National Assembly towards domesticating the convention in Nigeria.
The minister, who attended the briefing alongside the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, Minister of Health, Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu and Minister of Environment, Hadiza Mailafia, said the new penalties also involved barring offenders from taking the examination in future.
She said: “With this amendment, any person that may be caught in one of those acts will now be fined in the sum of N200, 000 or he may be imprisoned for five years or both depending on the establishment of that offence.”.
Re: Cheat In Waec Examinations(wassce) And Get 5 Years Jail Term. by Gregdcutie(m): 7:54am On Sep 05, 2013
Gregdcutie: Any West African Examination Council (WAEC) candidate caughtindulging in examinations malpractices in any part of the country risks a minimum of five years imprisonment and N200, 000 fine.
This is because the Federal Executive Councilhas approved thememo from the Ministry of Education seeking to amend the WAEC Act 2004 in line with the 2003 convention in Ghana.
Briefing State House correspondents at the end of FEC meeting on Wednesday, the Minister of Education, Prof. Ruqayyatu Rufa’I, said the proposal for the amendment would be forwarded to the National Assembly towards domesticating the convention in Nigeria.
The minister, who attended the briefing alongside the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku, Minister of Health, Prof Onyebuchi Chukwu and Minister of Environment, Hadiza Mailafia, said the new penalties also involved barring offenders from taking the examination in future.
She said: “With this amendment, any person that may be caught in one of those acts will now be fined in the sum of N200, 000 or he may be imprisoned for five years or both depending on the establishment of that offence.”
una don hear. No more runs again for waec na read and pass
Re: Cheat In Waec Examinations(wassce) And Get 5 Years Jail Term. by natureem: 8:49am On Sep 05, 2013
10 yrs 4 JAMB and 1million fine. LWKMD grin
Re: Cheat In Waec Examinations(wassce) And Get 5 Years Jail Term. by yunglykmine(m): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2013
Nigerian youths don suffer.. We
re the most neglected (ASUU
strike) most abused. I think the
same jail terms should be given
to election riggers, corrupt Gov't
officials. Nonsense!!
Re: Cheat In Waec Examinations(wassce) And Get 5 Years Jail Term. by Gregdcutie(m): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2013
yunglykmine: Nigerian youths don suffer.. We
re the most neglected (ASUU
strike) most abused. I think the
same jail terms should be given
to election riggers, corrupt Gov't
officials. Nonsense!!
i agree
Re: Cheat In Waec Examinations(wassce) And Get 5 Years Jail Term. by Afrobasic(m): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
smh... there would still be cheating 5yrs/10yrs jail term na story... it's because the educational system is a big failure that's why cheating would always persist.
Re: Cheat In Waec Examinations(wassce) And Get 5 Years Jail Term. by Fynestboi: 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2013

1 Like

Re: Cheat In Waec Examinations(wassce) And Get 5 Years Jail Term. by Gregdcutie(m): 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
Afrobasic: smh... there would still be cheating 5yrs/10yrs jail term na story... it's because the educational system is a big failure that's why cheating would always persist.
For me i feel the need to impress exam bodies is our problem. Much i know about exams then was that, it usually was set as an average standard for every1 buh now exams are set for only those that are exceptionally brilliant and the need to pass..students must pass now

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike Is Likely To Called Off Tomorrow,october 18 / ASUU STRIKE UPDATE: Jonathan Has No Right To Reopen Varsities / My View About The ASUU Nec Meeting In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.