Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years (6042 Views)

Breaking News From Abuja On ASSU Strike !!!! / Any Latest News On Assu Strike? / Assu Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by jonaji(m): 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
ASUU: The Strike Will Continue, Even If It
Takes Years Until Our Request Is Granted

The lingering
strike actionn
embarked on by the Academic Staff Union of
Universities, ASUU, Chairman, Kogi State
University Chapter, Sylvester Osakwe
Ukwuteno, has said the union is ready to fight
until their request is granted, even if takes more
than a year, as he noted that Ghana
experienced a year and some months strike
before the government came to their senses
and the outcome is currently obvious, “we
would do even more till our request is granted,”
he stated.
Despite the N30 billion released to the striking
university lecturers as payment for the earned
allowances, Ukwuteno, has said that the
ongoing strike by the union will continue
because the Federal Government has not
strengthened its vision for the sector.
Speaking to Vanguard Learning in a telephone
interview, Ukwuteno explained that if there are
plans for the sector, government would have
speedily concurred with the plea to innovate
the sector being pursued by the union, adding
that the pursuit of the union is to ensure that
the country meets up with the international
standard of education.
“We hope this would be the last strike that will
surface on this particular discourse, hopefully if
the government cares for education because we
will not budge until our demands are met. The
much emphasis of ‘no money syndrome’ is all
lies as the president could convey over 300
entourage including himself, to China coupled
with their allowances, welfare and other
incentives, they should tell Nigerians where the
money is coming from.
“The quest is not money motivated as
speculated, but to ensure that facilities and
other necessary equipment needed to update
the students are made scalable for effective
learning. Universities are currently operating
with little or no equipment in the labs, making
the labs non-functional for practicals, thereby
sterilizing what is supposed to be practically
inclined.
“It took Ghana a year and some months strike
before the government came to their senses
and the outcome is currently obvious, we would
do even more till our request is granted.”
He therefore urged the public to join in the
struggle by mounting pressure on the
government to hasten up in its decisions
because the students are the casualties now,
but will be the benefactors if eventually
granted.
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by timwezzb(m): 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
Season 4 Episode 1.....
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by BUSHMAN1990(m): 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
Season 4 hahaha o my God toh na naija we dey do.
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by jonaji(m): 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
Its saddening the National Association of Students gave a futile ultimatum
! Going on a serious campaign would send a clear signal to both ASUU and GOVT !
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by oladeleluqman(m): 3:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
pls oh, hw much dem dey sell form 4 convenant university.....eba mi si awon omo wole awon omo convenant!
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by Joshuahunpe(m): 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
oladele-luqman:
pls oh, hw much dem dey sell form 4 convenant university.....eba mi si awon omo wole awon omo convenant!
it does not end there! Awon omo North America uni gan-an onipe land! Choose one out of it, they are all private uni! Niger for strike lol!
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by Osgilliat(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
How are will to be the benefactor? When I will still be paying not less than 80k....f..u..c..k all ya.
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by oladeleluqman(m): 3:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
Joshua hunpe: it does not end there! Awon omo North America uni gan-an onipe land! Choose one out of it, they are all private uni! Niger for strike lol!
i think i wil prefer dat of North america uni o! In case d strike no end til i finish my 1st degree there, i wil just go straight to U.S.A to do my masters....lolx... Atleast, dey wil respect d name of their country on my certificate.
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by Joshuahunpe(m): 3:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
[/quote]Lol! undecided
oladele-luqman:

i think i wil prefer dat of North america uni o! In case d strike no end til i finish my 1st degree there, i wil just go straight to U.S.A to do my masters....lolx... Atleast, dey wil respect d name of their country on my certificate.
Lol!
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by janvier27(m): 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
Reference was made to Ghana. Lecturers in public universities in Ghana have been on strike for over 3weeks. But it was on news yesterday that the University of Ghana Legon branch of the UTAG (University Teachers Association of Ghana) unilaterally called off the strike and resumed lectures yesterday. I understand two other Universities (KNSUT and Cape Coast) are to follow suit. Our ASUU should be more responsive and tactical in their noble battle.
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by Cuteclem: 5:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
shocked cool 2 months for me to graduate ASSU wan strike not just for 1 year but + some month's see gobe I need to see TB joshua to deliver me from a curse called Nigeria kelebe sheooor anyways is end time things.
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by Joshuahunpe(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
embarassedwhich private university tuition fee is cheap? I wanna apply!!
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by Joshuahunpe(m): 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
embarassed
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
Choi chinekeme eh which kin cheating be dis 1 now untop say I pay schl fees,fed govt and ASUU con dey cheat me untop my money my personal money nah thunder go strike both ASUU nd fed govt.una no go see better thing do for una life chai cry
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by jonaji(m): 7:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
hysteric6: Choi chinekeme eh which kin cheating be dis 1 now untop say I pay schl fees,fed govt and ASUU con dey cheat me untop my money my personal money nah thunder go strike both ASUU nd fed govt.una no go see better thing do for una life chai cry
Hahahaha ! Calm down ! Hope still dae 4 our students! We go end up victorious !
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by Joshuahunpe(m): 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassedhmmmmmm!!!
Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by kasim155: 12:10am On Oct 09, 2013
Na Revolution tins fit solve all dis rubish wen our govt dey do.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News : Assu Strike Will Continue For Years by ccollins(m): 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
I was just thinking that if this subtle and lying okonjo ,the senate and other greedy politicians had their children in public uni's her in nigeria, would this strike had continued... Please let the self-centered approach stop,its like if the people in this annoying country are praying and wish for better things, intead a reversion will occur

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Countries Where Nigerian Students Can Study Abroad For Free / How To Check All Bank Accounts Linked To a BVN / Learn At Sicher German Language Academy in Owerri and Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.