Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief (1973 Views)

Kim Jong-un Executes Military Chief On Charges Of Corruption / Russia ask syria to surrender chemical weapons, syria accepts. / Hamas Military Chief Killed In Israeli Airstrike, War Says Hamas!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by sosiq: 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Iran will support Syria "until the end" in the face of possible US-led military strikes, the chief of Iran's elite Quds Force unit was quoted Thursday by the media as saying.
Iran is Syria's main regional ally and some analysts believe a wider goal of US President Barack Obama's determination to launch a strike against the Damascus regime is to blunt Tehran's growing regional influence and any consequent threat to Washington ally Israel.
"The aim of the United States is not to protect human rights ... but to destroy the front of resistance (against Israel)," Quds Force commander Qassem Soleimani was quoted as saying.
"We will support Syria to the end," he added in a speech to the Assembly of Experts, the body that supervises the work of supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.
He did not elaborate on the nature of the support and Iran has constantly denied allegations by Western powers that it has sent military forces to prop up President Bashar al-Assad's embattled regime.
Members of the Free Syrian Army watch as they fire a homemade rocket towards forces loyal to Syria's …
A year ago, the chief of Iran's Revolutionary Guards, Mohammad Ali Jafari, said that members of the Quds Force foreign operations unit were in Syria but only to provide Assad's government with "counsel and advice".
Soleimani accused the US of using its claims that Syria's forces had unleashed chemical weapons on civilians last month as a "pretext" to try to topple Assad's regime.
Iran's Defence Minister Hossein Dehqan, meanwhile, ruled out sending troops or weapons to Syria.
"The Syrians do not need us to provide them with weapons because they have a defensive anti-aircraft system themselves," he was cited in the local media as saying.
President Hassan Rowhani said Iran will do "everything to prevent" an attack on the Syrian regime, according to extracts from statements he made before the Assembly of Experts published in the media.
Syria braces for tough response from West.
"Any action against Syria is against the interests of the region but also against the friends of the United States in this region," he said.

"Such action will help nobody."

The US, France and other countries accuse Assad's forces of launching chemical weapons attacks on the outskirts of Damascus on August 21, which they say killed hundreds.

Obama is seeking congressional backing as well as broader international support for punitive strikes on Assad's regime.

Iran has warned that any military action against Syria risks sparking a broader regional conflagration.
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by gtrust: 5:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
No be small thing!
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by ajasbaba(m): 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
END TIME TINS

1 Like

Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by lionness(f): 6:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
This just got more interesting cheesy
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Horus(m): 6:42pm On Sep 05, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtcY4kE6h_g

[size=15pt]Iran new stealth Qaher F-313 fighter jet[/size]

The homemade fighter-bomber can remain undetected by radar. Only three world countries have the technology to manufacture such a fighter jet. The fighter jet is Iranian made and all its parts, from A to Z, have been manufactured domestically.
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
@ Horus I am about to create an Iran vs Israel military strength thread, i was amazed at my finding. I hope you will contribute to the thread. I probably send you a pm when it's up.
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
That's what allies do.

Let the missiles start flying.
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Horus(m): 7:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
Obiagelli: @ Horus I am about to create an Iran vs Israel military strength thread, i was amazed by my finding. I hope you will contribute to the thread. I probably send you a pm when it's up.

Yes I will!, it will be an interesting thread.
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Nobody: 7:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
Horus:

Yes I will!, it will be an interesting thread.
Noted. I am still drawing facts
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Iran is overrated.
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Kanwulia: 7:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nice one Iran!
I wish 2 more MIDDLE-EASTERN COUNTRIES WILL JOIN TO MAKE IT A FOUR-ONE against this BUSY BODY OBAMA AKA OREO-COOKIE VERSION OF GEORGE BUSH!!!

About time we had a modern-day VIETNAM to teach this USA A SMALLLLLL LESSON!!!

Rubbish!!!!

We are still dying with UNRESOLVED DOMESTIC ISSUES, and this IJJJIOTIC OBAMA wants to show his HALF-WHITE AZZZZZE at this time? With 10% unemployment stats?

Somebarrrrrry is out to make money like Dee-kkk Head Cheney!!!

I smell JOE BIDEN IN ALL THIS!!!

Hallelujah!!! I don pay all my debt finish!!!! Time to RELOCATED TO A FULL-FLEDGED ATHEIST NATION!!!

I TAYA FOR THESE CHRISTIANS I SWEAR!!!! cry
War mongering MONGRELS!!!! WorseR than MUSLIMS I TELLYA!!!!! cry

Gosh!!!! I miss ROMNEY!!!!! kiss
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
Prof Corruption: Iran is overrated.
depends on who is the opponent, they actually defeated Israel in Lebanon. Iran knows it cant strike the USA .so their goal will b to strike and destruct USA allies in the region: Israel , turkey. They simply have to arm Kurds, and armenians and turkey is gone.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: depends on who is the opponent, they actually defeated Israel in Lebanon. Iran knows it cant strike the USA .so their goal will b to strike and destruct USA allies in the region: Israel , turkey. They simply have to arm Kurds, and armenians and turkey is gone.

Israel was defeated in Lebanon? Laughable. Much same way Egypt has been teaching her citizens she won all wars against Israel.
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
Israel has conducted four widely reported strikes in Syria without a response from either Syria or Iran or Hezbollah. It does not read like the capabilities to confront Israel do exist.

1 Like

Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Israel was defeated in Lebanon? Laughable. Much same way Egypt has been teaching her citizens she won all wars against Israel.

Dude Hezbollah is now recognized as a political party, don't u call that a defeat? They shut down 2jets and few helicopters. Launched enough rockets on Israel. So yes Israel has been defeated since their mission was to destruct or get rid of Hezbollah. Did they succeed?

3 Likes

Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hezbollah underground system was so effective that israel resorted to bomb buildings and civilians ....from .a terrorist organization to a political party.
Besides do u know how many spy drones IRAn has shut down?

Last week Iran attacked several bank institutions in the USA.

1 Like

Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
Dude Hezbollah is now recognized as a political party, don't u call that a defeat? They shut down 2jets and few helicopters. Launched enough rockets on Israel. So yes Israel has been defeated since their mission was to destruct or get rid of Hezbollah. Did they succeed?

Hezbollah is a political party, what about that? Israel does not control political yearnings and leanings of Lebanese. What caused the war? Two Israeli soldiers were kidnapped from Isreali Northern border. The core policy of Israel's military operations is establishment of deterrence. "Attack us but we ll fight back ferociously such that you think twice before attacking us again"

Isreal fought back, destroyed infrastructure in Lebanon and degraded the military capabilities of Hezbollah. Since the end of that war, there has been calm at the northern border. Deterrence has been re-established there.

Can you tell me how Isreal lost the war?

1 Like

Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by iterator25: 8:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtcY4kE6h_g

[size=15pt]Iran new stealth Qaher F-313 fighter jet[/size]

The homemade fighter-bomber can remain undetected by radar. Only three world countries have the technology to manufacture such a fighter jet. The fighter jet is Iranian made and all its parts, from A to Z, have been manufactured domestically.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfruXqfhfS4
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Horus(m): 8:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
[img]http://ptisidiastima.files./2013/05/uav-iran-9.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ptisidiastima.files./2013/05/uav-iran-2.jpg[/img]

Iran unveiled a new unmanned combat UAV named «Hamaseh» with a purely Iranian design that serves the roles of recognition and battle using guided missiles and rockets.
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Hezbollah is a political party, what about that? Israel does not control political yearnings and leanings of Lebanese. What caused the war? Two Israeli soldiers were kidnapped from Isreali Northern border. The core policy of Israel's military operations is establishment of deterrence. "Attack us but we ll fight back ferociously such that you think twice before attacking us again"

Isreal fought back, destroyed infrastructure in Lebanon and degraded the military capabilities of Hezbollah. Since the end of that war, there has been calm at the northern border. Deterrence has been re-established there.

Can you tell me how Isreal lost the war?
They failed in their mission, which was to destruct Hezbollah and at least kill the big figures in the organization, Hezbollah which was blacklisted as a terrorist organization is now running for political seats, this is what I call a defeat. Furthermore Israel lost 8soldiers , couple of tanks , jets and helicopter, keep in mind that they had the upper hand the firepower, so how come they didn't kill ay Hezbollah leader? The destruction of infrastructure is pointless Israel wasn't there to bomb buildings .
2000 fighters defeated 30.000 soldiers, that's the sad truth.
Why do u think Israel is eager to see Syria destructed? Hezbollah weapons pass through Syria.

2 Likes

Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by sosiq: 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
3rd WORLD WAR TINZ
shymexx: That's what allies do.

Let the missiles start flying.
Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:
They failed in their mission, which was to destruct Hezbollah and at least kill the big figures in the organization, Hezbollah which was blacklisted as a terrorist organization is now running for political seats, this is what I call a defeat. Furthermore Israel lost 8soldiers , couple of tanks , jets and helicopter, keep in mind that they had the upper hand the firepower, so how come they didn't kill ay Hezbollah leader? The destruction of infrastructure is pointless Israel wasn't there to bomb buildings .
2000 fighters defeated 30.000 soldiers, that's the sad truth.
Why do u think Israel is eager to see Syria destructed? Hezbollah weapons pass through Syria.

1. Israel lost more than 8 soldiers. They lost about 120 soldiers and several others wounded. But what about Hezbollah casualties?

2.There's no correlation between killing Hezbollah's leader and Israeli military defeat. Nasrallah spoke through televised speeches to his followers. His exact location is most often in doubt and some do believe he's not in Lebanon.
Nasrallah's death ll not lead to the disappearance of Hezbollah.

3.Can we say because Hamas, a terrorist organisation, is running Gaza then Israel has suffered defeat in Palestine? Hezbollah is a state within a state and has the right to participate in Lebanese politics. It's not banned in Lebanon so the argument that a terrorist organisation is in parliament is baseless. More importantly, Israel does not choose who and who should be in parliament there.

4. Hezbollah actually lost because it has to be moved from it's well established position in Southern Lebanon and be replaced with both the Lebanese and UN peace keeper troops. That was a concession that a winning side would not have agreed to or accepted. besides, there has been calm at Israel's northern border without a major incident since the end of that war despite the fact that Israel violates Lebanon's airspace at will including the one at South Lebanon, Hezbollah's strong hold. That's the deterrence at work.

5.If you agreed Israel had the upper hand in fire power, why would you then reach a different conclusion that it lost the war? Did Hezbollah hold an upper hand in any aspect of the war? Israel degraded military capabilities of Hezbollah, that's not in question. Would you say Hezbollah did the same?

6. The "eagerness" of Israel to see Syria's destruction bears no correlation with subject of discourse: your assertion that Israel lost to Hezbollah. Even at that, Israel has launched four strikes against Syria without a single response either from Hezbollah or Syria. That's deterrence at work. or can you advance any reason at all why there's no response up to this moment?

Postscript:

1. Israel doesn't want an end to Assad rule. Assad has been a "good" boy. Israel bombed Syria in 2007 and there was no response. There have been many targeted operations without consequences as a result of deterrence. Also, Israel does not want the Al-Qaeda propelled rebel, the so called jihadists, to capture power. Otherwise under the guise of this civil war, Israel would have assassinated Assad. Israel is pursuing a policy of stalemate in Syria which is essentially the West core policy there too. If Assad seems to be winning the war, help the rebels. If rebels are winning, withdraw support such that the Syria that emerges is one that never threatens Israeli and western interests.

2.The war is also to get at Iran. Iran is bankrolling Assad in almost everything. With excruciating sanctions biting Iran's economy, She can't afford to be involved in Syria for a long time without domestic consequences in Iran itself. Also, with Hezbollah involvement, it makes sense to pursue a policy of stalemate to wear out Hezbollah, Iran and Syria. That way, Israel and Saudi Arabia (for reasons I won't explain here) emerge the main winners.

Even the strike that US intend to carry out is explicitly clear: not to topple Assad regime! Just to punish him (an euphemism to helping rebels) for using chemical weapons.

1 Like

Re: Iran Will Support Syria 'to The End': Military Chief by Kingspin(m): 11:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Hezbollah underground system was so effective that israel resorted to bomb buildings and civilians ....from .a terrorist organization to a political party.
Besides do u know how many spy drones IRAn has shut down?

Last week Iran attacked several bank institutions in the USA.
Iran case may even be worst than the syria situation..and redline for iran is building the nuclear bomb...Is only when USA entered the moon that china and co will join..if US build drone everybody will fellow is only russia understands USA who is Iran?, two bombs the USA droped in Japan that ending the war in 1945 will destroy Iran..America cant just hit another country without reason if not, but America usually do it systematically after Syria, Iran maybe next even North korea shut their country to the entire world just because of America and when they wanted to try South Korea this year we saw how America displayed just few of their warplane might North shouted that America is bulling them But today North and South are now friends coutesy of US. For ur info America is using for a way to destroy Iran and North Korea so let them not give US that chance.

(1) (Reply)

Donald Trump Replies TB Joshua After Failed Prophecy / USA F35 Stealth Fighter Practices In The UK Lake District Ready For Russia / Israel Used Nuclear Strikes On Syria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.