Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

7 Life Lessons From Mesut Ozil's Transfer To Arsenal Fc - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 7 Life Lessons From Mesut Ozil's Transfer To Arsenal Fc (669 Views)

Luis Suarez Completes £75m Transfer To Barcelona / Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal / Picture Of Nigeria Women Representing Arsenal FC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

7 Life Lessons From Mesut Ozil's Transfer To Arsenal Fc by DukeNija(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Its no more news that German Soccerstar Mesut Ozil shocked the footballing world by signing for Arsenal fc on the transfer deadline day, Monday.
I am an Arsenal fan, and honestly I think this is one of the best things that has happened to Arsenal in recent years. I personally learnt some lessons from the move and will love to share with everyone.

1. Life can be dramatic, prepare for it.

Mesut Ozil never expected his move to Arsenal, infact, he's just realizing he's now playing in England. He's said so himself "I'm shocked by the move. But that's football(Life) anything can happen so fast."

2. Life Might Not Be Fair To You; Don't Murmur, just deal With it.

To be frank, Mesut Ozil was the best footballer at the Bernabau, after CR7 ofcourse. But what did he get for his over 118 assists? He got dumped. So sad. That's life, so so unfair and unjust. Deal With It!

3. No Alliance Is Parmanent.

Just as Ozil was the heart of the madrid midfield, he likewise won the heart of all Madrid fans. But its all over! They still love him though, but that love didn't count when he needed it the most.
It didn't count with Coach Ancelotti, nor President Perez. The alliance is broken!

4. When Life Throws You Lemons, Ask for... And Make Yourself A Lemonade.

Remember that popular quote? Mesut never expected that move to Arsenal. He loved madrid! He even rejected links to England. But alas, Life dealth him a blow.
What did he do? He embraced it, accepted it, and MOVED ON. Though painfull, but it was a step in the right direction. Make the very best out of every place, situation or condition you find yourself. Things are about to change.

5. Never Settle For Less.

Know Your Value. KYV
Failure to do this, will kill your prospects and opportunities.
Mesut Ozil refused to be substituted. He refused to be benched! He refused to be reduced to the reserves.
A player who was the heart of a teams creativity to sit out on a whole game? NO!
Some might call it arrogance! I call it knowing your worth.
Never Sell Yourself Short!

6. Never Ever Stay With People Or Someone Who Does Not Believe In You.

New coach Carlo Ancelloti was asked to pick between Di maria and Mesut Ozil, he picked Di maria.
Publicly stating that Ozil isn't the best finisher!
Ozil left a man who took him for a mediocre, for a man who was desperate to get a Champion in him.
He said " I'm with Arsenal because the coach believed in me. He wants me to succeed at his club. He believes in me"
If an 'economic' man like Coach Arsene Wenger of Arsenal can pay €42.5 million to sign a man, then he truly believes in him.

7. You Are About To Be Celebrated!

I visited the official website of Arsenal, and what I saw was unbelievable.
Ozil decorated the whole website. His jersey number 11 has sold more than any other in the same duration.
He is the new Leader. Their new Hero! Their main star player.
Where people say there is a casting down, I say there shall be a Lifting Up!
The same stone which the builders rejected, is now the Chief Corner Stone!

Written from my blackberry phone, on my way home from work.

(1) (Reply)

UCL: Chelsea Vs Basel 1 - 2 (Live Match) / How To Browse Free On Android Phone / 10 Players Who Have Played Under Jose Mourinho And Pep Guardiola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.