Stats: 3,153,045 members, 7,818,142 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous (10031 Views)

‘FG Owes Construction Industry Over N600 Billion’ / ASUU Rejects N600 Billion Offer / Jonathan Approves N600 Billion For Demographic Database – NPC Chairman. (2) (3) (4)

Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by Holadokun(m): 11:33am On Sep 06, 2013
Thief Ole carry am go... u no knw say ASUU need money ..... dancing skelewu

Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by 3Hispayne(m): 11:37am On Sep 06, 2013
abegi make them give Dangote that money make he take build refinery and petrochemical plant.... grin
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by chucky234(m): 11:39am On Sep 06, 2013
Obiagelli:
Omg, is this census for unborn children or every living organism
Everything that exists in the country including grasses,animals,houses and trees.
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by chucky234(m): 11:44am On Sep 06, 2013
Dis Guy:

Dont you know they have to invent every single machine that will be used, eveything wil be imported including those that will do the sums -specifically from Overseas, the result will be verified by UN,WHO,AU,EU,ECOWAS
Oga thats not enough reason to spend $4bn counting 150m people,haba be honest for once na.
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by chucky234(m): 11:45am On Sep 06, 2013
Dis Guy:

Dont you know they have to invent every single machine that will be used, eveything wil be imported including those that will do the sums -specifically from Overseas, the result will be verified by UN,WHO,AU,EU,ECOWAS
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by sunkoye: 11:48am On Sep 06, 2013
this guy is good in adavance management....counting the dead with the living is such an enormous task. smh!
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by chucky234(m): 11:49am On Sep 06, 2013
Dis Guy:

Oga thats not enough reason to spend $4bn counting 150m people,haba be honest for once na.
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by sunkoye: 11:52am On Sep 06, 2013
chucky234: Oga thats not enough reason to spend $4bn counting 150m people,haba be honest for once na.
oh...u dont know he is counting nigerians in diaspora too... grin
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by drnoel: 11:57am On Sep 06, 2013
Nuzo':
Jesu!

You know I thot it was a joke when I heard Festus Odimegwu is the new NPC chairman.
This man is a first class money doubler and talking mmachine. shocked

The way this arzhole praise-sang OBJ's name made me had headache throughout OBJ's tenure. cry He should have been a juju musician. cheesy

One thing we can't take away from him is that as he chops, he's good at getting the work done. So, if N600b is worth it...why not.

This time abeg, if we must count cows in the north...then S/Southerners must count fish while Osun state should go ahead and count goats.

Tenks!
Completely agree but then 600 billion. What of if we just count human beings like the census was meant for and not count cows, goats and fishes. Would that be too wrong?
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by drnoel: 12:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
Then again he said 600 billion naira not dollars...
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by dazzy4real(m): 12:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Abeg they shud stop all these nonsense we don't want census d last census wat ve we achieved wit it xo far? Everytin is still d same!
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by try69: 12:17pm On Sep 06, 2013
Assure me that u can get to count the Nigerians in both heaven and hell and u can collect 1trillion..

cheesy cheesy

JOKERS
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by Harmvirus(f): 12:21pm On Sep 06, 2013
600billion? Mr Odimegwu, ihe nke a dimegwu ooo
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by leonard509(m): 12:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
OOOHHHH FATHER LORD IN HEAVEN...CAN YOU GIVE ME YOUR POSITION FOR JUST A DAY ??I PROMISE TO CLEAR all this imbeciles who are not even scared of the citizens anymore...they just embezle money with pride and courage......as for that PIG(MR N600b) I'll give him 600 cuts with wateva sharp thing I can form....the kain vex wey dey my body now eh..pls LORD kill all nigerian leaders dats above the age of 35.....AMEN
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by greaterlove(m): 12:30pm On Sep 06, 2013
I think you guys need to read this
The Chairman of the National Population Commission (NPC), Eze Odimegwu on Wednesday announced the approval of the sum of N600 billion by the Federal Government to establish a centralized demographic database for the country. Addressing participants from the Defence
Intelligence School in Abuja, Mr Odimegwu said
that the funds will help the agency provide
relevant data to Nigerians for a period of five
years in the areas of health, national security
and agriculture. “We will use cutting-edge technology in the
world to do everything we do; the best in
class competencies, we are looking for the
brightest and the best and we have to fully
resource our strategy,” he said. “The president actually approved close to
N600 billion for NPC for five years to review all
the things we want to do. And if you think this
N600 billion is big, if all the scattered places
they are doing demographic now, they spend
trillions of trillions of naira every year and yet the job is not done. So when we consolidate it
and do it in five years, it is still cheap for the
country. The president said so and he was
happy we came to give him that quality of
presentation. “So in our systems, we want to be open in all
what we do. We want to hire the best people
to do it and we want our vision, budget and
strategy to drive our budgeting,” the NPC
Chairman said. On his part, the course coordinator from the
school, Wing Commander Idris Hassan stressed
the need for improving the knowledge base of
its participants through the provision of
adequate data for a proper understanding
of how to ensure national security.
www.channelstv.com/home/2012/09/19/jonathan-approves-n600-billion-for-demographic-database-npc-chairman/]
this was one year ago, the money will be spread over five years. Is it too large? I don't know but I guess instead of screaming over a news that is 1 year old we should be educating ourselves on what the money will be used for so as to hold them accountable when it fails.
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by DisGuy: 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
greaterlove: I think you guys need to read this this was one year ago, the money will be spread over five years. Is it too large? I don't know but I guess instead of screaming over a news that is 1 year old we should be educating ourselves on what the money will be used for so as to hold them accountable when it fails.

hmm interesting insight

but then again you have to wonder what the Bureau for Statistics, minstry for planning, mhealth ministry and agriculture do with thier own annual budget-considering they already collect data, unless ofcourse he's telling nigerians those people are incompetent and have been siphoning money!

Mr Odimegwu said
that the funds will help the agency provide
relevant data to Nigerians for a period of five
years in the areas of health, national security
and agriculture.
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by takeprofit: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
600 bn? u r not serious. if so y wont ASUU get 500 bn?
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by mu2sa2: 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Dis Guy:

I totally agree with you, the only way to get it right is with a southerner!! anything else na manipulation

Yea, a southerner that will reverse the census figures and population growth trend of over a century, especially a drunkard- odimegwu fits perfectly!!!
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

It probably could be for the whole of Human race

A breakdown of this figure gives an average of N660,000 per Nigerian!!!

If this does not reek of salacious bare-faced robbery,then nothing else will

No one is saying we shouldn't enumerate properly but to use this proposed census to ruin the treasury is to me the height of kleptomanic lunacy

Guy abeg the average no reach N660,000 per Nigerian, youself no come different from the guy wey dey ask for 600B. Make na d same method una two use do una calculation.
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by Nobody: 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
The NPC chairman is obviously a joker. Who will give him N600billion to conduct census? Which NASS will appropriate such funds? Even if NASS approves it, where will the money be sourced from? Are we going to borrow to conduct census? A beg, I no fit shout.
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by omojaytee(m): 2:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
aπϑ ASUU z stil on strike coz he z findn it difficult to approve 92 billion.wat a country!
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by Dbeliever(m): 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
Your script would have been so interesting, but I notice a kind of overlaping and contradicting issues where you said the N600billion should be saved so that it can be used 20years later to develop Nigeria and contrary that the future of Nigeria be left for the future generations regarding the census and space project respectively. On my part, there is nothing wrong with conducting census because census is objectively done to ease economic planning. A census well conducted takes into consideration the number of household, the disabled people, who and who belongs to the working class, the active and the dependent group, and several other issues. Whereas, the technological or modernised methods of not counting but rather prediction of the population has no machineries to take into account the later. Meanwhile, the N600billion been pumped ll be used to atleast put litle food on the tables of thousands of unemployed youth roaming the streets. Tsehemba Christian Aondoaver. 08133821634. Benue state.
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by onyenweuo: 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
@jide, you only succeeded in exposing your ignorance.your write up is short sighted and is totally out of the present day realities. The N600 Billion is a 5 year rolling plan.It is not sorely for the census. A further breakdown shows that the actual census will cost N149 Billion, N250 Billion for establishment of Data Base to be spread in 200,000 centres in the 36 states and Abuja.This centres will take care of regisration of Births, Deaths Still Births, Marrage,etc. N201 Billion for offices in the 36 states and 774 LGAs. however it is important to highlight here that over N300 Billion will be sourced from donor agancies. The FG is not giving out N600 Billion in bulk for census 2016.Be guided
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by beethoven: 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
drnoel: Then again he said 600 billion naira not dollars...

Oga Sir, 600 billion naira is a lot of money in dollars (over 3 billion dollars). It is only in Nigeria that I have heard big figures like that being called anyhow in the news. Y would any sane human being want spend more than 1/4 of his/her budget on counting people and "animals". That is like spending N6,000 on each person/animal counted. Are they going to dispose every counting device after it is used to count one person/animal?
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by Inoknowbook: 4:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
My dear Jide, your making a fuss about nothing. That Odimegwu said it would cost that amount does not mean that he has been given the money already. That still has to go through the legislature for appropriation. We all know the practice as regards the appropriation of money in Nigeria. Ministers, heads of parastatals etc, do quote a very large sum for there various ministries and agencies, knowing fully well that there is no way that they would get anything close to that. It is now left for the legislature to determine the actual figure that will be approved. So, I believe that Odimegwu was being very tactful and diplomatic when he said he needed that figure for the census as he already knows that there is no way the legislature would approve the figure. He wanted a situation whereby he would eventually get what may be enough for the census exercise when the budget goes before the congress for appropriation. Because, if he were to quote the exact sum needed for the exercise, there was no way he would get anything close to that by the time the congress finished with it. And if that happened, the success of the exercise would not be guaranteed.
So, please, hold your peace for now and stop jumping the gun.
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by DisGuy: 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
I no know book:
My dear Jide, your making a fuss about nothing. That Odimegwu said it would cost that amount does not mean that he has been given the money already. That still has to go through the legislature for appropriation. We all know the practice as regards the appropriation of money in Nigeria. Ministers, heads of parastatals etc, do quote a very large sum for there various ministries and agencies, knowing fully well that there is no way that they would get anything close to that. It is now left for the legislature to determine the actual figure that will be approved. So, I believe that Odimegwu was being very tactful and diplomatic when he said he needed that figure for the census as he already knows that there is no way the legislature would approve the figure. He wanted a situation whereby he would eventually get what may be enough for the census exercise when the budget goes before the congress for appropriation. Because, if he were to quote the exact sum needed for the exercise, there was no way he would get anything close to that by the time the congress finished with it. And if that happened, the success of the exercise would not be guaranteed.
So, please, hold your peace for now and stop jumping the gun.

funny kontry

so the 'professional dude' quotes a head stunning figure then leave it to the reps to approve a sharing formula?

Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
Harmvirus: 600billion? Mr Odimegwu, ihe nke a dimegwu ooo

You forgot he needs like 500 billion from that money to face the insecurity situation in the North before peaceful census can be done over there.
Beside as far as its a yoruba journalist i dont believe everything they put on papers, they know how to spoil anything IGBO
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by Nuzo1(m): 6:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
drnoel:
What of if we just count human beings like the census was meant for and not count cows, goats and fishes. Would that be too wrong?

Bro, of course the right thing is to count only humans. But we both know that cows were counted in the last census. It pays off when sharing federal allocatiions. grin

If Fashola is sharp enough...he will make plans to import goats from Osun and Ekiti cos I won't be ready to get involved in any further debate on how Lagos is more populous than Kano after this upcoming Census. wink

Hope you get my drift? undecided
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by soundtruth(m): 7:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
There is more to all of this.
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by onayemi1: 8:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
NPC Chairman, Mr Festus Odimegwu should at least fear God. The amount i must say is not only outrageous but also a disservice by Mr Festus to this country. To use such amount for census in the midst of abject poverty, dilapitated infrastructures, crippling economy, death trap roads and lack of social welfare is a total shame and disrespect for the progress of this nation. The said amount is much larger than the combined yearly budget for Lagos,Ogun and Oyo states. How did the chairman arrived at this baseless figure? Now if 600b naira is used for census, where will the country get money to provide necessary service for the people. As far as I am concerned and believe most Nigerians, census shouldn't be our priority for now.
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by mfm04622: 8:20am On Sep 07, 2013
[quote author=chucky234]Oga thats not enough reason to spend $4bn counting 150m people,haba be honest for once na.[/queote]

Why is it that people don't recognise sarcasm?
Re: N600 Billion Census Budget Outrageous by mfm04622: 8:24am On Sep 07, 2013
kayci_d77:

You forgot he needs like 500 billion from that money to face the insecurity situation in the North before peaceful census can be done over there.
Beside as far as its a yoruba journalist i dont believe everything they put on papers, they know how to spoil anything IGBO

If it is a lie, why has Festus not come out to debunk it? Why is it that when other tribes say the truth you think your tribe is being attacked? If you want others to trust you, you have to jettison your persecution mentality

Buhari Has Judiciary, National Assembly In His Armpit, Pocket – Buba Galadima / Dantata Is Dead / Lagos Launches 24-hr Surveillance Camera Operation

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62