Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,004 members, 7,956,720 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:28 PM

I Want To Start A Car Dealership - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Start A Car Dealership (3653 Views)

Tissue Paper Dealership/Distributorship, How? / Dangote Cement Dealership / Soft Drink Dealership: What To Look Out For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start A Car Dealership by blackmann(m): 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2008
I was thinking of what a young man like myself could do in order to have some small change in my pocket. One aint getting any younger and responsibilities have started setting in - younger ones have started asking for money for textbooks, recharge cards, handsets etc, the girlfriend too has to be settled every now and then(money for hair, creams, gifts, etc). i'm also thinking of starting my masters soon, but i don't want my dad to be the sole sponsor of the whole thing. i now decided that i should gather some money together and start importing cars to sell in the country. I don't know if anyone out there can give me a rough hestimate of the following:-

- how much capital do i need to start off with?
- what are the advantages of such a business?
- is it profit-worthy?
- What are the risks?
- hw can i get potential customers?

I would be glad if anyone can help me out in this regard. thanks all.
Re: I Want To Start A Car Dealership by Phiry(m): 12:33am On Jun 18, 2008
I can hook you up with someone I believe you should talk to.

I can't give up his contact address here on this forum.
Send me a mail to firihe[at]yahoo.com.

Goodluck!
Re: I Want To Start A Car Dealership by spankysid: 4:33am On Jul 14, 2008
I think you ae in the right place. Car dealership is capital intensive but with persiverance you can go places. I an a dealer based in Atlanta USa and often times do send cars to people to sell for me. we also procure cars on special orders with half the payment

call me on +1-678-485-3976 email me at spankysid@yahoo.com

sydney
Re: I Want To Start A Car Dealership by lagosbloga: 8:27am On Oct 01, 2009
For as little as $2500 you can start this business dealing in second hand cars.

Like someone rightly mentioned you can go places with it more on car dealership is available at my blog at:

http://lagosbusinesses..com/2009/09/sme-businesses-in-lagos-nigeria-part-1b.html
Re: I Want To Start A Car Dealership by honeyguy(m): 8:17pm On Oct 01, 2009
this is the right place
anywayz am involved in thesame biz now, export cars from toronto to lagos got my manager there, its really capital intensive but the truth is that you can start with one car and then grow up, i started with 1 car in my second year of university and now am setting up another dealership in abuja. am a dealer in toronto. you have to figure wut cars you want and from what source, american specks or european but your best bet is american cos alot of european specks dont have a/c, make sure you buy japanese cars, auto, clean body. it cost average of $1500 to ship from north america + 250k to clear cars, 300k to clear suvs. dont try to clear with a cheaper agent cos they dont clear legally and sometimes you lose your car or end up payin double. its lucrative but needs patience and prayer

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Get The Annual Reports Of Nigerian Companies? / Selling Kerosene In Wholesale / Inverter, Solar Panel,deep Cycle Battery,cctv Camera,industrial Ups Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.