Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,446 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste (14923 Views)

Top 10 Hottest Musicians In Nigeria (presently) / Top 10 Hottest Artistes In Nigeria Presently / Who Is The Most Featured Nigerian Music Artiste In 2011? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by stnonymus(m): 8:03pm On Jun 05, 2008
Sure! Ebiere Ekiye is one.She has just released the promo copy for her 2nd album.Its hotttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by mycc(f): 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2008
kenny saint brown ?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by triistar86: 12:12am On Jul 22, 2008
Sincerely Speaking The list is being watered down with the inclusion every Tom Dick and Harry, The fact that we enjoy a particular Artist doesn't mean he is Creative. Most of these Artist have their songs made appealing through the aid of the Producers. Though some of them are very creative but not all of them. In terms of Creativity you can make mention of artists Like Sammy Okposo, Jeremiah Gyang, Infinity( as a group), Gbenga Adenuga, (Wale Adenuga's younger Brother), Samsung, Segun Obe just to mention a few to start with though there are still more out there.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by mycc(f): 8:20am On Aug 16, 2008
midnight crew is a gospel music group made up of four singers, PATRICIA-UWAJE KING, OLUGBENGA OYEBOLA, ODUNAYO OJO and MICHAEL ABDUL, they met at YABA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY in the year 2000 and started the group on the 8th of NOVEMBER 2001.the group . their mission? "to tear the walls of religion and put the praise of GOD on the lips of all men". midnight crew music style is eclectic, a fusion of different genres of music, their first album,FUSION was released in 2003 and the second, IGWE was released 2008.they have performed along side KIRK FRANKLIN, DONNIE McCLURKIN, ISRAEL HOUGHTON, LIONEL PETERSON, KURT CARR, DON MOEN and PANAM PERCY PAUL, an unusual gospel music brand, midnight crew engage themselves in social responsibility activities,, they assist in soliciting help for the children in KOMA HILLS and multi media concepts in order to reach AREA BOYS with the message of living a purpose driven life.

IGWE LYRICS
IGWE LYRICS

(Solo)

Kosobabire (There's no king like you)

Kosi Baba bire (There's no father like you)

Ko ma s'Olorun bi ire (There's no God like you)

(Response)

Igwe! (Your Majesty)

2x

(Solo)

E ba mi gb'Olorun tobi (Magnify the Lord with me)

(Response)

Oba nla oba to ga (Great King, Mighty King)

(Solo)

(Response)

Edumare oba to ga(Great King, Mighty King)

Igwe (Oh King!) (4x)

(Solo)

Laye at'orun (In heaven and on earth)

Ko ma s'Olorun bire(There's no God like you)

(Response)

Igwe!!(Your Majesty!)

Kosoba bire(There's no king like you)

Ko si baba bi re(In heaven and on earth)

Igwe!(Your Majesty!!)

(solo)

E ba mi gbolorun tobi(Magnify the Lord with me)

(Response)

Oba nla oba to ga(Great King, Mighty King)

(Solo)

(Response)

Edumare oba to ga (Great King, Mighty King)

Igwe! (Your Majesty!)(4x)

Eze ndieze(King of Kings)

Idi egwo(You are too much)

Onye nabia ozo(The soon coming King)

Idi egwo(You are too good)

Onyedikagi (Who is like thee)

Onyedikachukwu (Who is like God)

Omalecha (Beautiful God)

Agwunechemba ONE (The no 1 great warrior that watches the city)

(Chorus)

Bulieya (Lift him higher)

Elu (Higher)

Bulie Jesus (Lift Jesus high)

Elu (Higher)

Bia Bulie ya (Come lift him him higher)

Elu (Higher)

Bulie Jesus (Lift Jesus High)

Elu (Higher)

Igwe (Your Majesty!!!!!!) (Repeat)
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by owolomo(m): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2008
mycc:

midnight crew is a gospel music group made up of four singers, PATRICIA-UWAJE KING, OLUGBENGA OYEBOLA, ODUNAYO OJO and MICHAEL ABDUL, they met at YABA COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY in the year 2000 and started the group on the 8th of NOVEMBER 2001.the group . their mission? "to tear the walls of religion and put the praise of GOD on the lips of all men". midnight crew music style is eclectic, a fusion of different genres of music, their first album,FUSION was released in 2003 and the second, IGWE was released 2008.they have performed along side KIRK FRANKLIN, DONNIE McCLURKIN, ISRAEL HOUGHTON, LIONEL PETERSON, KURT CARR, DON MOEN and PANAM PERCY PAUL, an unusual gospel music brand, midnight crew engage themselves in social responsibility activities,, they assist in soliciting help for the children in KOMA HILLS and multi media concepts in order to reach AREA BOYS with the message of living a purpose driven life.

IGWE LYRICS
IGWE LYRICS

(Solo)

Kosi Baba bire (There's no father like you)

Ko ma s'Olorun bi ire (There's no God like you)

(Response)

Igwe! (Your Majesty)

2x

(Solo)

(Response)

Oba nla oba to ga (Great King, Mighty King)

(Solo)

(Response)

Edumare oba to ga(Great King, Mighty King)

Igwe (Oh King!) (4x)

(Solo)

Laye at'orun (In heaven and on earth)

(Response)

Igwe!!(Your Majesty!)

Kosoba bire(There's no king like you)

Ko si baba bi re(In heaven and on earth)

Igwe!(Your Majesty!!)

(solo)

(Response)

Oba nla oba to ga(Great King, Mighty King)

(Solo)

(Response)

Edumare oba to ga (Great King, Mighty King)

Igwe! (Your Majesty!)(4x)

Eze ndieze(King of Kings)

Idi egwo(You are too much)

Onye nabia ozo(The soon coming King)

Idi egwo(You are too good)

Onyedikagi (Who is like thee)

Onyedikachukwu (Who is like God)

Omalecha (Beautiful God)

Agwunechemba ONE (The no 1 great warrior that watches the city)

(Chorus)

Bulieya (Lift him higher)

Elu (Higher)

Bulie Jesus (Lift Jesus high)

Elu (Higher)

Bia Bulie ya (Come lift him him higher)

Elu (Higher)

Bulie Jesus (Lift Jesus High)

Elu (Higher)

Igwe (Your Majesty!!!!!!) (Repeat)

DAMN U MUST BE IGWE HIMSELF, anyways BOUQUI IS NICE, but now i think MONEY DON CALL HER NAME , SO SHE IS DOING REGULAR RAPP WHICH IS NICE THO
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by frijos(m): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2008
I would like to introduce you guys to a friend of mine. This dude is a really talented gospel artist. He used to be a member of Coded Tunes. There's a lot about him on this link www.showcaseyourmusic.com/7thchord you can listen to his music there too and read his very interesting biography. I'd personally appreciate your comments on this dude. Thanks
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by shilling(f): 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2008
Jeremiah Gyang is very creative
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by RSA(m): 7:31am On Aug 27, 2008
Guys there is Nigerian guy here is south africa,I forgot his first name but his surname is nkoh,he is albino.he is very popular in SA,he sings in zulu,sotho and other south african languages.He also sings in english,pidgin,and nigerian.
Do you guys know this dude by any chance?
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by Nobody: 11:23am On Oct 03, 2008
of course there are as a mata of fact am one of them
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by mycc(f): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2009
sow something.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by talk1: 9:18pm On Feb 01, 2009
This is a recent album that i've heard,its manie X Its positive and gospel based, lemme know what you think a couple of the tracks are here,

www.myspace.com/emmanuelmalaka
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by MojiEsther(f): 5:52pm On Feb 03, 2009
Is Manie X a gospel artiste? We've got Rooftop MCs, Nikki Laoye, Midnite Crew(them good man), Samsong, etc, These are the ones who seem to know what they are doing and doing it well. Chikena.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by mycc(f): 1:36pm On Apr 14, 2009
midnight crew is a faith based singing and music making group positioned for putting the praise of GOD on the lips of all men.

founded on the 8th of November, 2001, the group has three albums to its credit; FUSION, TUNGBA UNLIMITED and IGWE.

midnight crew's music can be described as eclectic, robust and full of character, taking something from every genre of music available to its four proprietors.

the proprietors of the group, PATRICIA UWAJE KING, GBENGA OYEBOLA, ODUNAYO OJO and MICHAEL ABDUL have served in a number of choirs, amassing a wealth of experience for the task ahead.

voted MUSIC GROUP OF THE YEAR in the just concluded 2009 CITY PEOPLE AWARDS, midnight crew has enjoyed several enviable platforms alongside a number of gospel music greats around the world; Lionel Peterson, Mary-Mary, Kirk Franklin, Donnie McClurkin, Panam Percy Paul, Kurt Carr, Ebenezer Obey, Israel Houghton, Tye Tribbett, Sammie Okposo, Fred Hammond and Don Moen.

a rare gospel music brand, midnight crew is socially responsible, lending a helping hand to better their society.

the helpless children of koma hills are foremost in the heart of midnight crew, helping to tell the world that these children still need clothes, medical care and formal education.

_mycc
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by ijawgirl: 3:24am On Apr 15, 2009
Asu Ekiye all day
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by Sico: 5:40am On Apr 15, 2009
If you listen to this channel http://gospel.mytruspot.com/ that will answer your question. We have too many good gospel artists.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by mycc(f): 4:42am On Jun 16, 2009
kjbkljn;hnl;knkl;
yes ke.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by obiem(m): 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2009
There is Eben of ''Imaranma" fame

Jahidel '' Heritage"

These guys are creative
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by dancer2009(f): 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2009
hey i am one of those great creative gospel artist and if u must know ,nigerian has alot of creative gospel artist
check us out right here www.chaddyprincess2..com and u will know what im saying
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by d5fada: 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2009
methinks de issue is all about marketing and distribution. if we can have entertainment companies that promote the christian cause. then we could have more guys emerge. i work inna studio and there are lots and lots of them. for example check this guy out www.myspace.com/mbomboyo or u could download this track http://www.plunder.com/-download-faca8dbd66.htm or this http://www.plunder.com/-download-da04d07ec0.htm

let me how u guys/gals feel about this

DO IT NOW!
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by icezik1(m): 1:10am On Aug 13, 2009
[size=40pt]RoofTop MCs[/size]
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by finishim(f): 11:44am On Aug 13, 2009
@ op why are u asking such ? when u r neither blind nor deaf. grin
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by allready: 2:28am On Aug 18, 2009
check out www.blessingokorji.com

she is a talented gospel artist from nigeria
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by frijos(m): 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2009
@topic, yes we do. I not only think so but know so. Samklef is one you all need to watch out for. The Daystar worshipper have what it takes to take the Nigerian Gospel music scene to a whole new level. To me he is "the new artist to revolutionize the Nigerian Gosepl music" Just follow the link below and you'll see what I mean. Cheers!

1. HE DON BETTER (SAMCLEF FT. VECTOR)  http://www.zshare.net/audio/639554880e95a5ec/

2. RI MI SE             (SAMCLEF FT. VECTOR)  http://www.zshare.net/audio/6509339096b96617/

cool

Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by Dclique(m): 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2009
Watch out for this guy.
Sankty.
He is gospel hiphop. And he is good at it.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by mamagee6(f): 6:04pm On Sep 05, 2009
Nope, I don't think so.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by floxyrangy: 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2009
Assent Tweed

Rev Vincent Chiori

Asu Ekiye

Frekkie
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by mycc(f): 9:35am On Oct 08, 2009
ok.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by obiem(m): 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2009
Buchi - Crazily creative and till date, 9ja's only reggae xtian act

Asu Ekiye - His first effort was very creative i.e wo ekile mo

Sammie Okposo - Has always been himself very creative too

Eben - In love with his song 'Imaranma' xtian rock!
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by ursic: 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2010
Chidi Ambrose is a highly creative gospel artist, you need to listen to his latest album. It is really great.
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by McT1: 8:23pm On Nov 09, 2010
Well we do, both known and unknown check out Mc Truth fanpage on facebook a lot of music there both known and unknown you can be the judgegrin
Re: Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste by jefy(m): 2:33am On Dec 06, 2010
Charles Granville (broken strings) watch out

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Stormrex Of Desperate Chicks Goes Solo. Out With A New Album( Download Here) / VIDEO: 2face Idibia - My Rainbow [DOWNLOAD] / VIDEO: Teni – Billionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.