Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

North, South, West, East By Gimba Kakanda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North, South, West, East By Gimba Kakanda (569 Views)

Niger-east By- Election Holds Today / A Letter To That Nigerian- Palestinian- By Gimba Kakanda And The Reply / How To Curb Kidnapping, Others In South-east, By Nas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

North, South, West, East By Gimba Kakanda by bbkkatunxo: 8:13am On Sep 06, 2013
Gimba Kakanda
Exploring the hinterland of Kano state - which is just like every other countryside in Nigeria, north and south - I ask myself: how on earth does Nigeria's cursed Oil add a value to the lives of our people? Why would they be ridiculed for the crimes of the thieving Cabal in the list of Fuel Subsidy scam? Should Dantala, a farmer, be charged for the theft of, say, Bamanga Tukur's son in the list? Should Adewale, a vulcaniser, be charged for the thefts of Arisekola Alao's son? Should Emeka, an automobile spare part dealer, be charged for the theft of Ifeanyi Ubah? These are questions for the stereotype artists!

There are peasants and hopeless citizens suffering in every part of the country; so it comes to me as irony when some of us identify the north as the only region challenged - militancy in the core north and south-south is a failure of the entire country. Has the oil redeemed the lives of the numberless poor people and kidnappers in Niger-Delta?

And if the south-south is any wiser, are the northerners the electorates that voted in James Ibori?

If the Asari Dokubos are truly concerned about the fate of Niger-Delta, their promise of bullets should be fulfilled on the many Diepreye Alamieyeseighas among them.

If Niger-Delta gives us an opposite of Goodluck Jonathan, wallahi my vote for him is assured. Until them, I pitch my tent with the morally advantaged people whose politics or public service records I endorse.

Leadership is an issue in Nigeria because followership is flawed, because we allow some mentally deficient people to be our advocates!
Re: North, South, West, East By Gimba Kakanda by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 06, 2013
Thank u so much Malam-Aboki.
End of the road for Nigeria. Without oil in Niger delter Nigeria will u Northerners still be in Nigeria?
Ur problem is Goodluckphobia. When u d North and south westerners hates goodluck, that means u need badluck.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Baraje, Others Will Definitely Come Back – Mba / I Work With President Jonathan, I Will Just Do My Job – Okonjo-iweala / Again, Gunmen Kill Scores In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.