Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,100 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

I Work With President Jonathan, I Will Just Do My Job – Okonjo-iweala - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Work With President Jonathan, I Will Just Do My Job – Okonjo-iweala (570 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Obasanjo With President Buhari And Gordon Brown / Patience Jonathan - I Didnt Undergo Any Surgery / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Work With President Jonathan, I Will Just Do My Job – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 19, 2013
Following calls by 7 governors who are opposed to the Alh. Bamanga Tukur-led People’s Democratic party, PDP, for the resignation of the Coordinating Minister for the Economy and Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, the Minister has said that she was not contemplating resignation and would concentrate on her job of managing the nation’s economy for the common good of Nigerians.
Making her stand known at a briefing in Abuja, where she discussed the state of the country’s economy, Dr. Okonjo-Iweala said there was no way in the world she would resign. “That doesn’t arise. I am not here for those kind of issues. I am Minister of Finance for the country. I am working with President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and I will just do my job.

“This (briefing) is not to address that kind of issue. All of you are Finance correspondents and I call you from time to time I have this kind of press conference and I share with you what is happening in the economy. That is what I am doing. So aim not answering to that and as you see me here do I look any close to resignation? I ‘de kampe’”.
“So don’t worry about. We should stop talking about political issues here. The economy should be managed for the good of Nigerians. That is why we are here. Let’s face facts of the economy. I have given you facts about the economy. I have given you roads built; agric jobs created increase in production, you can go and check for yourself so that we can focus on facts,” she said.

Source: http://www.informationng.com/2013/09/call-for-resignation-i-work-with-president-jonathan-i-will-just-do-my-job-okonjo-iweala.html
Re: I Work With President Jonathan, I Will Just Do My Job – Okonjo-iweala by Dreal1247: 7:34am On Sep 19, 2013
Why don't the governors resign their positions? Upon their corrupt lifestyles, they are just busy looking for those that should resign out of their selfish interests. None is even concerned about the interest of the common Nigerian or of Nigerian as a country. God wil deliver us from their hands.
Re: I Work With President Jonathan, I Will Just Do My Job – Okonjo-iweala by toideve(m): 7:40am On Sep 19, 2013
Whatever!
Re: I Work With President Jonathan, I Will Just Do My Job – Okonjo-iweala by fernandoc(m): 7:41am On Sep 19, 2013
NOI don't mind those inferior govs cos they will always be beneath you.
Re: I Work With President Jonathan, I Will Just Do My Job – Okonjo-iweala by luvinhubby(m): 8:13am On Sep 19, 2013
This woman makes me fall in love with chubby women daily, infact i will ask my wife to add more weight grin @NOI, God bless you my sister and shame to bad governors.
Re: I Work With President Jonathan, I Will Just Do My Job – Okonjo-iweala by emmaliveth10(m): 8:16am On Sep 19, 2013
don't mind those shameless governors.... concentrate on the good plans you have for this country!!!
Re: I Work With President Jonathan, I Will Just Do My Job – Okonjo-iweala by israel007: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2013
Madam in fight with ogas
Re: I Work With President Jonathan, I Will Just Do My Job – Okonjo-iweala by henchamb(m): 8:34am On Sep 19, 2013
israel007: Madam in fight with ogas
nowadays women fight and even beat up men. eg national assembly
Re: I Work With President Jonathan, I Will Just Do My Job – Okonjo-iweala by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 20, 2013
henchamb:
nowadays women fight and even beat up men. eg national assembly

grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Again, Gunmen Kill Scores In Yobe / Nigeria As A Crawling Giant By Michael Jegede / Timelines Of Plane Crashes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.