Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Images Of Dead Clerics Appear On The Walls Of A Mosque In Ikorodu - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Images Of Dead Clerics Appear On The Walls Of A Mosque In Ikorodu (762 Views)

Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Quran Verses On The Walls Of Harvard University / Crowds Visit Lagos Mosque For Apparitions Of Clerics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Images Of Dead Clerics Appear On The Walls Of A Mosque In Ikorodu by playto(m): 2:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
Barely a year after a child was reportedly born with a copy of the Holy Quran in Lagos and another born with an Islamic rosary, (Tesbah) in Sagamu, Ogun State. Last Tuesday, another amazing event occurred at Owode Onirin, Ikorodu, Lagos; as images of some clerics who died decades ago were believed to have made sudden appearances on the walls of Dawiz Central Mosque in the area.
When Vanguard visited the mosque, thousands of people and passers-by storm the mosque to have a glimpse.
The images were identified as that of late Sheikh Ahmada Tijani, (Algeria) Sheikh Ibraheem Niass, (Senegal) Sheikh Jamiu Bulala. (Nigeria)
Although the images were not clear as at the time Vanguard visited, but those who spoke to Vanguard said the images were clearer on Tuesday when they were first noticed.

According to Eye-witness: “The images were noticed on Tuesday September 3, on the walls of the mosque which was constructed a few months ago and owned by Sheikh Musa Alegbeleye.”
It was gathered that four months ago, the image of Sheikh Jamiu Bulala Islamic Cleric, who had died two decades ago appeared first faintly to the consternation of Muslim faithful and they decided never to make it public to creat any doubt.
The strange occurence has turned the serene Owode Onirin area into a Makkah of sorts as people thronged the area not only to see but to also offer some prayers. Right inside the mosque, people were seen holding bottles/satchets of water muttering prayers and shouting Allahu Akbar (God is great). Some were even seen bowing to the image.

Efforts to speak with the founder of the group and leader of the mosque, Sheikh Alegbeleye, was futile, as we were told he was sleeping after observing several vigil prayers.
Speaking on the development and an eye-witness, the President of Islamic society of Nigeria, Lagos State Mukadam Alhaji Samodu Onikoyi confirmed the appearance of the images.  “We started noticing a very faint image which came with intermittent brightness on the inside wall of the mosque which were replica of the portrait of Sheikh Ibrahim Niass, Sheikh Jamiu Bulala and Sheikh Ahmaa Tijani engraved on the walls of the building.”
How it Happened: “A member of the mosque Alhaja Idayatu Idera Afolabi first noticed it and she rushed out to inform everybody and when we saw it, we decided to cover it, because we thought if we announce it, people will think it is ruse that one is trying to play on their intelligence.  But when I also saw it, I was greatly terrified, wondering how such thing could have happened”.

It’s a sign of end time — Mr Mike Nwoha
This is unbelievable, although as a Christian, I’m not trying to say this is evil but to them they believe; it’s a sign of end time and some of them said it is stated in the Koran. So, I cannot judge, only God knows the truth about it. All I can say is that we are all serving the living God, there should not be anything like the Muslims are idol worshipers but to me this is a sign of end time. So, people should mend their ways.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/pandemonium-in-ikorodu-as-strange-images-appear-in-mosque/

1 Like

Re: Images Of Dead Clerics Appear On The Walls Of A Mosque In Ikorodu by dryakson(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
End time things
Re: Images Of Dead Clerics Appear On The Walls Of A Mosque In Ikorodu by BTT(m): 2:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
Na art work.

Next!
Re: Images Of Dead Clerics Appear On The Walls Of A Mosque In Ikorodu by dejijohns(m): 2:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
End Time Tinz!!! No be me tok am oo, Mr Mike Nwoha did...
Re: Images Of Dead Clerics Appear On The Walls Of A Mosque In Ikorodu by maclatunji: 11:44pm On Sep 09, 2013

(1)

No Trinity In Bible But It's In Quran / Christianity's Crisis Deepens As Ethnic Danes Convert To Islam In Their Thousand / Suffering From Weak Faith :'(| Feeling Lost. Will It Ever Be The Same Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.