Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,182 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2582420 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by IDrock: 8:54am On Jul 22, 2015
Pacific Schools - Our school has a long tradition of academic excellence and we take great pride in creating a safe and secure learning environment for our students. Our extensive menu of co- curricular activities both academic and recreational is unsurpassed. Our entire staff is committed to establishing a school environment that allows our students to flourish and grow intellectually, emotionally and socially. We operate in two campuses, Akure and Lagos. The Lagos campus runs the Pre- School, Primary, Secondary and the Sixth Form while the Akure campus operates a Secondary and the Sixth Form. We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Class Teacher (Pre-School)
Locations: Lagos and Akure
Job Descriptions
We require qualified Teachers to fill the following subject areas:
English Studies
Mathematics
Social Studies
French
Yoruba
C.R.S
Civic Education
Basic Science Tech.
Cultural and Creative Arts
Music
Agric Science
Home Economics
Qualification

NCE or SSCE plus a Montessori diploma or B.Ed with a Montessori training.

Application Closing Date
4th August, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a formal application with their own handwriting to:
The Principal,
Pacific Comprehensive College,
Bammeke,
Shasha, Awolowo,
Lagos State.
Or
info@pacificschools.com.ng
The Principal Pacific Academy,
Gbeleaje Est.,
Shagari Village,
Akure,
Ondo State.
Or
pacificacademy2012@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by endtime1(m): 11:06am On Jul 22, 2015
manie:

@ Endtime1, what subjects can you teach?
Physics and further maths
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by gracealabs(f): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
WORKSHOP ON EFFECTIVE TEACHING FOR TEACHERS
Eleos School of Business offers two days workshop on EFFECTIVE TEACHING FOR TEACHERS which will gives an opportunity for teachers to improve their teaching and to make it more enjoyable and rewarding for them and their students.
WHO MAY ATTEND?
• Proprietors and proprietress
• Teachers
• Individuals who want to develop themselves in teaching line
Workshop Date: August 7 and 8(Friday and Saturday)
Workshop Fee: #2500 for 2days (training materials, refreshment and certificate inclusive)
Venue: 29, Adebajo Street, Kongi New Bodija, Ibadan.
Only 30 space available, for more enquiries call or whatsapp 08036449669 or send message to esbit@eleosgoldenheritage.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2015
IDrock:
Pacific Schools - Our school has a long tradition of academic excellence and we take great pride in creating a safe and secure learning environment for our students. Our extensive menu of co- curricular activities both academic and recreational is unsurpassed. Our entire staff is committed to establishing a school environment that allows our students to flourish and grow intellectually, emotionally and socially. We operate in two campuses, Akure and Lagos. The Lagos campus runs the Pre- School, Primary, Secondary and the Sixth Form while the Akure campus operates a Secondary and the Sixth Form. We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Class Teacher (Junior Secondary)
Locations: Lagos and Akure
Job Descriptions
We require qualified Teachers to fill the following subject areas:
Cultural and Creative Arts
French Studies
Home Economics
Agric Science
Business Studies
Social Studies
Basic Tech.
Basic Science
Civic Education
Music
I.C.T
Qualification
Candidate should possess Degree plus a Post graduate diploma in Education and at least five (5) years post qualification experience.
Application Closing Date
4th August, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a formal application with their own handwriting to:
The Principal,
Pacific Comprehensive College,
Bammeke,
Shasha, Awolowo,
Lagos State.
Or
info@pacificschools.com.ng
The Principal Pacific Academy,
Gbeleaje Est.,
Shagari Village,
Akure,
Ondo State.
Or
pacificacademy2012@gmail.com
What about Yoruba?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by felai: 3:45pm On Jul 22, 2015
http://www.coronaschools.org/page/?title=Careers&pid=7

You can also submit your Cv to careers@coronaschools.org
Or Click on the link above for more info

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 7:57pm On Jul 22, 2015
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 22, 2015
Adeola Odutola College(Private) , Ijebu-Ode.
Position - Mathematics/ Further Mathematics Teacher
Salary - 30k but it's negotiable if yu do really good in the test. Drop yo CV at the school. And pls, give us a feedback.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Evathyst(f): 8:47pm On Jul 22, 2015
paramount123:
This is to acknowledge the receipt of your application.
Please report for an interview at Scottfield International School.
Date: 23rd July,2015
Time: 12noon
Address:
Plots 3141-3143
Olympic Estate
Off Alakoso Avenue/ Police Post
Off Festac Access Road
Amuwo Odofin
Lagos
How true is this
You received such an explicit message and you're asking how true. Ask yourself one simple question, did I apply as a teacher in the afore-mentioned school? Or did the gods in my village do so on my behalf?

Maybe you have to wait till the date has elapsed to find out if the invite was real. Lolz!

Lest I forget, congrats in advance. Don't ask me for what. Cos many submitted CVs without being called for an interview. So, step on the pedal man, go out there and make history. wink

5 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by deybhor(m): 9:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
A Computer Home Tutor is urgently required at Opebi, Ikeja. Remuneration is attractive and negotiable with flexible work time.
TEL 08068011001
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by iloveAy: 10:20pm On Jul 22, 2015
embarassed pls house how do i go about searching for a teaching job.i have no teaching experience.kindly advice me on what to do. .studied animal science.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by felai: 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2015
God bless the mind that started this tthread and everyone that has sustained it thus far.
Please pardon my naivety, but want to know if there is any Secondary school in naija that pays entry level graduate to the tune of 90k upwards.?

Any idea about the entry level salaries of some of this schools: Corona schools, Chris land schools, Loyola Jesuit, DAY WATERMAN college and other schools in their class, especially those schools that was listed as top 100 schools in Nigeria by an active poster on this thread?

Please don't ignore, after reading, really need your input.

Avicky
Profgday
Evasthy
Islamics
Peybuttons
Kendraloops
Endtime1
LaureP
Bettydee
Oluemmakay
Chrisdenis01
SarahD
Missindependent
Utchvikky
VickyHills
Manie
Xtfield
Initialize
Ravensckar
Funminicrown
Engrcharlesid

Sunnypar.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 10:41pm On Jul 22, 2015
felai:
God bless the mind that started this tthread and everyone that has sustained it thus far.
Please pardon my naivety, but want to know if there is any Secondary school in naija that pays entry level graduate to the tune of 90k upwards.?

Any idea about the entry level salaries of some of this schools: Corona schools, Chris land schools, Loyola Jesuit, DAY WATERMAN college and other schools in their class, especially those schools that was listed as top 100 schools in Nigeria by an active poster on this thread?

Avicky
Profgday
Evasthy
Islamics
Peybuttons
Kendraloops
Endtime1
LaureP
Bettydee
Oluemmakay
Chrisdenis01
SarahD
Missindependent
Utchvikky
VickyHills
Manie
Xtfield
Initialize
Ravensckar
Funminicrown
Engrcharlesid

Sunnypar.

This info can always be gotten online. I'm not certain of their actual pay but I can confidently tell u that those schools u mentioned pay above 90k to as much as 200k including other mouth watering benefits. They are what u call grade A schools.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 11:18pm On Jul 22, 2015
artisticallyart:
See bros.....way back!!! Una don dey smile

Yes o..but unfortunately didn't get any then ..all the ones I saw back den were terrible offers.. Altho God don do am now...#na God win#.. Gat á really cool job now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 11:55pm On Jul 22, 2015
moneybag911:
Goodevening Greatminds, Please i need some to put me through as in (shed more light) on the different types of domains we have in Education. & also tell me what "Class control" really entails Thanks buddies.

Since the first question has been well treated..lemme throw in a piece at d second ..

For class control...its literally as it is written. "Ur ability to have the class under control". It involves keeping the kids from being unruly , makin noise, ensuring proper communication n concentration etc..
To achieve dat ,as avicky has said has to do with the individual.. Each individual has his/her own teachin style..
For example when u go in a class try to get to know ur students n find a way to catch their interest. One of the things I did one certain time was to inform the students I had test n when I came to d class they were all prepd for d test n I went ahead teaching as if I had forgotten but funnily they reminded me n I did oral test..I called out the first six names n asked them about three questions each orally n scored dem.(Altho d scores was not used) and called out the next 6students n said it wud b their turn for test in our next class..
Sometimes I go to d class with a pac of sweets.. Answer a question n I toss u a sweet..u need to see how they respond to questions..lol!!
U may decide not to use any of d afore mentioned methods n jus ensure u manage d space in d class by walking around n amongst d students checking their notes if they are writing the corect things n point out mistakes to them like spellings or not underlining topics etc..
Also maintain eye contact n be firm when u want to pass a stiff instruction like "keep quiet".. Speak with a stern voice not smilin n saying keep quiet..there is a lot more on class control but from dis I hav written I believe u can get d whole idea

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 8:37am On Jul 23, 2015
felai:

Avicky
Profgday
Evasthy
Islamics
Peybuttons
Kendraloops
Endtime1
LaureP
Bettydee
Oluemmakay
Chrisdenis01
SarahD
Missindependent
Utchvikky
VickyHills
Manie
Xtfield
Initialize
Ravensckar
Funminicrown
Engrcharlesid

Sunnypar.

There are schools that pay more than that, but you have to pay your dues by gathering relevant experience, further qualifications and other soft skills.
A music teacher that left my former school was paid as high as 300k per month in a School in Abeokuta,
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by moneybag911(m): 8:53am On Jul 23, 2015
Bros, abeg what is the name of that your Abeokuta school lemme dust up my CV and apply cos am experiencing a whole lot of inconvenience in my present school. Please scrible down the email Tnx.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ravensckar(m): 9:41am On Jul 23, 2015
felai:

Avicky
Profgday
Evasthy
Islamics
Peybuttons
Kendraloops
Endtime1
LaureP
Bettydee
Oluemmakay
Chrisdenis01
SarahD
Missindependent
Utchvikky
VickyHills
Manie
Xtfield
Initialize
Ravensckar
Funminicrown
Engrcharlesid

Sunnypar.

The answer to the question you asked can't be provided by anyone except by yourself. If there's any one thing this profession has taught me, it's the fact that most teachers wouldn't tell you their actual salary; it's either they inflate it or they deflate it. Reasons best known to them

Also, I want to assume you're a starter, who's probably thinking of starting on a very high level. He he he he he! Please, don't be deceived cos that kind of favour never lasts. The great Seneca once opined; 'Volat ambiguis mobilis alis hora, nec ulli praesta velox fortuna fidem' Translation: On fickle wings minutes haste and fortunes favours never last.

You have to start from somewhere man. The experiences and the knowledge you acquire from smaller schools will catapult you to those big schools of your choice. Teaching profession is like fine wine; it gets better with the years.

Now, let me do justice to your question; As far as I know, Corona school & Loyola Jesuit pays above 100K. Although, it depends on your additional qualifications, field, and negotiating power. I'm telling you authoritatively because I've friends who teach there. As for Day Waterman, I'll call them 'chiarman' because they pay as high as 150-200K. But for that Chris land, please, jejely remove their name from that list.

Are you satisfied now?

5 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by chinksy7: 10:00am On Jul 23, 2015
Recruiting
REFINERS SCHOOLS
Send C.V. to refinersschools@hotmail.com
Must live within vicinity (Sangotedo, Lekki)
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by dunnybaby26: 10:14am On Jul 23, 2015
Gd day fellow nairalanders,am new here,I wnt 2 say God bless u all 4 d good work u ar doing.pls am a lady of 30yrs,seriously looking 4 a teaching job around kuje abuja,I will also like 2 put my 2 kids in any skul dt wil employ me so I need an affordable one.am a graduate of english(major nt edu)bt av taught in 2 diff skuls in maraba post nysc,left d job wen I wanted 2 av my 1st baby.
We av just relocated 2 kuje nd I need 2 change d children skul nd also do smthin myself.pls nd pls I dnt mind d pay at all as am willin 2 start smwher.thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by checkmateman: 10:39am On Jul 23, 2015
Tpappie:
Adeola Odutola College(Private) , Ijebu-Ode.
Position - Mathematics/ Further Mathematics Teacher
Salary - 30k but it's negotiable if yu do really good in the test. Drop yo CV at the school. And pls, give us a feedback.

what's the plan for people coming from far away
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2015
This is something you can discuss wit the principal when yu submit yo CV...
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by felai: 1:58pm On Jul 23, 2015
ravensckar:
The answer to the question you asked can't be provided by anyone except by yourself. If there's any one thing this profession has taught me, it's the fact that most teachers wouldn't tell you their actual salary; it's either they inflate it or they deflate it. Reasons best known to them

Also, I want to assume you're a starter, who's probably thinking of starting on a very high level. He he he he he! Please, don't be deceived cos that kind of favour never lasts. The great Seneca once opined; 'Volat ambiguis mobilis alis hora, nec ulli praesta velox fortuna fidem' Translation: On fickle wings minutes haste and fortunes favours never last.

You have to start from somewhere man. The experiences and the knowledge you acquire from smaller schools will catapult you to those big schools of your choice. Teaching profession is like fine wine; it gets better with the years.

Now, let me do justice to your question; As far as I know, Corona school & Loyola Jesuit pays above 100K. Although, it depends on your additional qualifications, field, and negotiating power. I'm telling you authoritatively because I've friends who teach there. As for Day Waterman, I'll call them 'chiarman' because they pay as high as 150-200K. But for that Chris land, please, jejely remove their name from that list.

Are you satisfied now?

Thanks for taking out time to respond to my post. Well comprehended.

Starting the hunt for my employment letter in any of the top secondary schools in Nigeria cheesy
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 2:05pm On Jul 23, 2015
ravensckar:

Are you satisfied now?
Chrisland pays well too. It depends on your negotiating power.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 2:08pm On Jul 23, 2015
dunnybaby26:
Gd day fellow nairalanders,am new here,I wnt 2 say God bless u all 4 d good work u ar doing.pls am a lady of 30yrs,seriously looking 4 a teaching job around kuje abuja,I will also like 2 put my 2 kids in any skul dt wil employ me so I need an affordable one.am a graduate of english(major nt edu)bt av taught in 2 diff skuls in maraba post nysc,left d job wen I wanted 2 av my 1st baby.
We av just relocated 2 kuje nd I need 2 change d children skul nd also do smthin myself.pls nd pls I dnt mind d pay at all as am willin 2 start smwher.thanks

Don't you go out?
If you're in Kuje haven't you seen schools like Glory and Praise, New Hope Intl schools, Kingdom Heritage, Aflon, Grace Garden, Capital science, Nigeria Ghana Intl school?

Stay here and be looking for school then.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 2:19pm On Jul 23, 2015
felai:

Avicky
Profgday
Evasthy
Islamics
Peybuttons
Kendraloops
Endtime1
LaureP
Bettydee
Oluemmakay
Chrisdenis01
SarahD
Missindependent
Utchvikky
VickyHills
Manie
Xtfield
Initialize
Ravensckar
Funminicrown
Engrcharlesid

Sunnypar.

All my ogas at the top have answered you.

These are ivy leagues schools. We have so many of them. Grange, Meadow Hall, Atlantic Hall, Greensprings, Bis, Pampers et al.

Also remember, it's not by name or structure. Some schools especially in Abuja have fine structure and name but they pay peanuts. A school like American Intl school Abuja, will only pay expatriates 300k and above but Nigerians will get below 100k. I've been there. Talking from experience.

Before these schools can get you in their employ, you must have gotten something valuable they need. It's either your qualifications or your expertise /experience.

So which one do you have? Start developing yourself.
Get your PGDE or IGCSE Certification or Masters degree and start from anywhere to gather the experience no matter how small.

Also package your resume and cover letter and make it irresistible. And also dress well. Suit up with tie in any interview because first impression last. ... Let me say forever.

I rest my case.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ravensckar(m): 3:21pm On Jul 23, 2015
avicky:

Chrisland pays well too. It depends on your negotiating power.
That pay well you mean is how much?

I'll prefer you tell me what I don't know and not what I know...
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2015
ravensckar:
That pay well you mean is how much?

I'll prefer you tell me what I don't know and not what I know...

At least 90k. But not below if I'm not mistaken.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by IDrock: 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
Swift Employment Global Check Limited is a leading HR Firm with emphasis on outsourcing, Recruitment, Training and Development, Background check and Human Resources Management.
Our Client, a Leading Business Process Outsourcing Company has tasked us to hire over 1,000 candidates to fill up call center Representative positions in *Ibadan, Abeokuta and Ilorin.*
We are soliciting for CVs for interested candidates who wish to work in these locations.
Qualifications
* HND/ B.SC in any field
* No age barrier
* Must be computer literate with a minimum of 18WPM on keyboard
* Must have average Intelligent Quotient.
* Must be able to speak any of the 3 Major languages in Nigeria ( Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba )
Interested candidates should immediately forward their CVs with Subject as *"Yoruba"* or *"Hausa"* or *"Igbo"* to segcretainership@gmail.com
Aptitude test is ongoing.
*Candidates are not to make any payment for this entire process.*
You can reach Kayode
* on 08052837638 or Boye on 07038903836.*
Only candidates who forward their CVs will be contacted for the Aptitude test.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by IDrock: 4:47pm On Jul 23, 2015
Masters Children School - Our school, a top notch Montessori school, is expanding. We require applications from professional and qualified candidate to fill the following positions below:
1.) Secretary
2.) General Maintenance Officer
3.) Administrative and Customer Service Officer
4.) Accountant
5.) Head, Support Services (Human Resources/Admin)
6.) Teacher in all Subject
7.) Head Teacher (Nursery)
8.) Head Teacher (Primary)
9.) School Nurse
Qualification
Candidates should possess NCE, B.Ed, B.A B.Sc, Montessori Diploma, OND, HND.
Relevant qualification and experience in cognate field is vital for candidates
Candidate must be computer literate.
Application Closing Date
28th July, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their credentials in person or via email in order to receive and return the Mandatory Recruitment Form to:
The Advertiser,
11, Asa-Afariogun Street,
Off Osolo Way,
Ajao Estate,
Isolo,
Lagos State.
Or
Email: employment2015@masterschildrenschool.com
For enquiries: Tel: 08184386274,08074607288, 08074607252,08070690976
Note:
Oral Interview will take place on Saturday, 1st of August, 2015 from 8:30am, at the address above.
The date for subsequent oral interviews will be communicated later.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by IDrock: 4:59pm On Jul 23, 2015
The Concord Community is a friendly, caring community striving for excellence; committed to achievement and sharing in the success of each individual. The aim of our school is to help children develop lively inquiring minds and a love of learning together with a sense of self-respect and respect for others. We expect high standards from our children. We want all children to achieve the best that they can and to find fulfillment in realising their full potential, while enjoying themselves along the way. At The Concord School, we believe that education is for life. We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
1.) Mathematics Teacher
2.) Government Teacher
3.) English Language Teacher
4.) History Teacher
5.) Biology Teacher
6.) Geography Teacher
7.) Physics Teacher
8.) French Teacher
9.) Chemistry Teacher
10.) Basic Technology Teacher
11.) Economics Teacher
12.) Book Keeping & Accounting Teacher
13.) Agricultural Science Teacher
14.) Music Teacher
Basic Requirements
B.Ed, B.Sc or B.A in relevant subjects from reputable academic institutions.
Experience in handling Cambridge International Examination (CIE) programmes.
Proficiency in the use of the computer.
PGD, PGDE, M.Ed, M.Sc or M.A is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications, with resume to: admin@theconcordschool.org or akinolaao@theconcordschool.org
Or
Apply in person at:
The Concord School,
1, Olubadan Avenue,
Ring road,
Ibadan,
Oyo State.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.