Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,949 members, 7,824,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (268) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2579971 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 10, 2015
*******PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY RECENT TEACHING EXPERIENCE********
Job ID: 1159165
JOB OPENINGS:
1) Head teacher
2) Nursery Teachers
3) Primary Teachers
4) Assistant Teachers
5) Secretary
6) Admin Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 19, 2015 or until all positions are filled.
STARTING DATE: September 1, 2015.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Cosom Nur/Pry School is seeking experienced teachers in the AMUWO-ODOFIN L.G.A., Lagos for our Nursery and Primary schools. Qualified candidates should have the ability to plan and implement a developmentally appropriate comprehensive education program for children in a classroom setting; ability to function in a team teaching situation and work under pressure.
QUALIFICATIONS & JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1) Passion for educating children.
2) Degree or certificate in Education from an accredited college or university.
3) At least one/two years teaching experience working with young children in a group setting.
4) A proven ability to work in a polite and friendly manner.
5) Effective written and oral communication skills.
***ONLY CANDIDATES WITH RELEVANT TEACHING EXPERIENCE SHOULD APPLY***
REPORTS TO: Departmental Head/School Director/Proprietress as appropriate.
SUPERVISES: Assigned students and any assigned paraprofessionals as appropriate.
JOB GOAL: To help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, knowledgeable, and responsible men and women.
POSITION TYPE: Full-time only
SALARY SCALE: Competitive salary scale.
SCHOOL LOCATION: Soba, Amuwo-Odofin L.G.A., Lagos.
HOW TO APPLY: Please email your CV to
cosomschools@gmail.com as soon as possible. Your email SUBJECT should state “Application for Teaching Position”
ABOUT COSOM NUR/PRY SCHOOL: Cosom School is a nurturing environment for children between the ages of two and twelve years, lovingly guided by our highly skilled, professional teachers. By using the most current and academically endorsed methods, the Cosom Learning Program focuses on developing seven learning domains: personal and social development, language and literacy, mathematical thinking, scientific thinking, social studies, creative expression and physical development.
At Cosom, children come first. Our mission is to foster the highest level of academic excellence and character development in children. Our aim is to develop each child's natural curiosity and creativity in order to provide a foundation to encourage each child's lifelong love of learning. Our staff is made of loving and dedicated teachers who understand each child's needs. They are highly qualified early childhood educators who are able to use their creativity and the Cosom Developmental Guidelines as the basis for unique lesson plans that are brought to life in a fun and imaginative way.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by chyviv(f): 10:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
Sunnypar:
Chyviv, how far with scottfield....we no hear anything from you...it unfair o.

I hv nt heard frm dem yet. And U?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:36pm On Aug 10, 2015
GoldenDr:
[b][/b]For those that uhmm are yet to participate in Ofumaria's poll, please do so before the end of 2014.

TwEnty FoUrTeEn In ReTrOsPeCt

I want to thank God for a wonderful year. November 2014 makes the thread a year and OUR GOAL is to depopulated the labour market. We are waxing strong, moving and going to greater height.

2014 has been a tough year, it has not been easy this year as a nation, a group, a forum (the crash of Nairaland) and even as a thread. Many started with us but are no more on this thread Pastordoalone (He is not dead O!) a few got a job but left or lost their job and a lot are still searching even in the face of challenges.

One of our challenges has been feedback even those that went to Ekiti are yet to give us feedback even after been employed.

In addition, to the challenges we face is having our brothers and sisters from the North, East, South-south and a few South-west posting jobs from that region, because they have been complaints that the jobs posted are restricted to Lagos even when we had a few volunteers,they could not meet up because of their tight schedule. Despite these challenges we are not giving up rather we are fired up to do above, beyond and exceed your expectations.

Furthermore, despite the crash and clash we are alive. We have got 3 days, 72 hours, 4320 minutes and 25,920 seconds to end TwEnty FoUrTeEn, someone gonna get a job before the year ends, can I get an Amen? It ain't over until it is over.

Finally, I want to say a very big thank you to you, yes you all that have made this thread what it is today.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 10:38pm On Aug 10, 2015
artisticallyart:

Hmmmm Primary and Secondary are two different ball game in terms of teaching.

yea. I wanted to move away from my comfort zone.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
GoldenDr:
Most asked questions are as followssadNot limited to the understated)
1. Let's meet you- Tell them some of the things on your resume
2. Why should we employ you? -You have got what it takes based on the fact that you have taught(if you have experience)
3. What are your salary expectations? -. This is a structured school and woukd like to be paid in line with the structured salary, if they insist on hearing what you have got give (Make sure you find out what they pay range for entry level and experience hire in that environment so as to enable you negotiate well) a range.
In answering this questions, be bold.

NB:Read wella wella o!!!!!!for Micro-teaching(MT), be bold and confident. Ensure you write the date and divide the board into two. When explaining move around the classroom and make eye contact.

Abeg, Una wey dey teach at the moment make una help me add.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
endtime1:

check basictechnologymadeeasy.com read and digest properly
Thanks boss!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2015
Teachers needes in PH-Woji ,charminabox@yahoo.com.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2015
CaptainDo:
I do not know why you are teaching? Whatever reason(s) that brought you into this profession, I believe you deserve a good pay. Some of us receive 10k-40k, others 50k-70k, others 80k-120, others 130k-150k and others 150k-k's. All these categories of remunerations are available but you need few things to get a good one.
1. Determination and Focus- be determined and focused. Start somewhere and aim/target big. I started teaching job with 10k.
2. Be unique- Do not always do your things as usual. I could remember I payed for website hosting in August and put the website in my CV. It gave edge over others. I wrote a novel which I showed the manuscript to my interviewer.
3. Take Risk-Leave your comfort zone and try new things. I was teaching in Mainland-from 10k to 16k to 38k and 100k(Lekki) after a month 20k added(120k now). But how many of us can abandon 2 months salary of 38k(76k) to pursue an unsure job? Yes, I did it when my employer wanted to use it to hold me .
Leave your comfort zone- there are schools here in Lekki, Ikoyi, VI, Ajah that you can fit in perfectly into. The School that is paying me 120k just started with 14 students.
That his story, how about you?

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by zaicon1(m): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
LAGOS STATE IS RECRUITING FOR PRIMARY SCVHOOL TEACHERS
RECRUITMENT OF PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN LAGOS STATE. APPLICATION ONLINE: WWW.lagossubeb.gov.ng REQUIREMENT: NCE, B.ed, B.sc with PGD EDUCATION. AGE: 21 to 35 years. DEADLINE= FRIDAY 14TH AUGUST, 2015. AFTER APPLIED ONLINE, SUBMIT UR CV TO SUBEB OFFICE @ MARYLAND SCHOOLS COMPLEX, MARYLAND - IKEJA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2015
DanWrites:
If you stay around Palmgrove or Onipan area, Livingstone College needs the services of an English and Maths teacher urgently.

Just go to the school and submit your CV.

They pay 20-25K, as I was informed.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:59pm On Aug 10, 2015
islamics:
@Sunnypar Is there any new as regards to NECO marking? I gatecrashed during WAEC marking but did not get a parcel. I intend to gatecrash during NECO.
Yes, there is good news. Find out their center in your location.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by OCcool: 11:07pm On Aug 10, 2015
islamics:
All is Well.
thanks bro
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2015
Sunnypar:

My expectations are high because I did not participate in examination malpractice with my student even when the pressure was much and my job was on the line
hmmmmmmmmmm? that's the spirit man keep it up! i pray our efforts will not be in vain.......
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Kazrem(m): 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
Habeebah231:
Good day all, please what is expected of a computer science teacher "with good practical knowledge in a standard secondary school? I'm actually a graduate of Computer Engineering but haven't taught in a school environent before (not even during my service year) and don't know what level of computer science one is expected to impact on secondary school students or what to expect in an interview as a prospective computer science teacher "with enough practical knowledge" . Please experienced teachers should kindly help me out with a little idea of what to expect during the interview. Thanks a lot.
Is there no one that could help this person out.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2015
kendraloops:
Please who can put me through what basic tech for junior secondary entails. I have an interview this week but I've never taught JSS pupils before. Its urgent!!
that's my area.....what specific information do u need the sub-areas involve calculations, technical drawing, practicals and notes which covers building, electrical/electronics, mechanical and wood work.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2015
Larry37:

that's my area.....what specific information do u need the sub-areas involve calculations, technical drawing, practicals and notes which covers building, electrical/electronics, mechanical and wood work.

Hmm, this seems quite too technical for me. I'm not a science inclined person. Thanks for offering to help.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by aalymah(f): 11:33pm On Aug 10, 2015
seunkeji5:
Taqwa private schools stand on a unique site and
serene environment at 7-11, Taqwa Crescent, off iju
Road, Ifako-Ijaiye, Agege, Lagos.
Taqwa private Schools is a co-educational Arabic,
English and French speaking private institution
consisting of the Daycare, Nursing, primary and
college. It is a day and boarding school.
We are currently recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Biology Teacher
Requirements
-BA/B.Sc/B.Ed in related field (M.Ed/PGDE is an added
advantage).
-Minimum of 2 years working experience.
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Physics Teacher
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Geography Teacher
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: French Teacher
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Store Keeper
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Librarian
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: PHE Teacher
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Mathematics Teacher
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Computer Studies Teacher
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Economics Teacher
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Fine Art Teacher
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Account Officer/ Bursar
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Arabic & Islamic Studies Teacher
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Yoruba Teacher
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: English Language Teacher
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Account/Business Studies Teacher
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Environmentalist/Cleaner
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: School Secretary/ Receptionist
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Job Title: Bus Conductor/Conductress
Requirements
advantage).
-Proficiency in ICT.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply
pls ow do I apply?..thers no link to click on.
tanx in anticipation 4ur prompt response
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by adetoks19(m): 11:39pm On Aug 10, 2015
Kazrem:

i av given a reply on this... checkout my post on page 264 ok

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Kazrem(m): 11:46pm On Aug 10, 2015
adetoks19:
i av given a reply on this... checkout my post on page 264 ok
OK bro. Thanks. I didn't know.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by aalymah(f): 11:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
Sunnypar:
Did you go?
no!!!buh I gt anoda offer just dt d wrk load is killin me compared 2d pay... seriously lukin around now 4better luck....tanx a whole lot!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by rezzy: 12:27am On Aug 11, 2015
zaicon1:
LAGOS STATE IS RECRUITING FOR PRIMARY SCVHOOL TEACHERS
RECRUITMENT OF PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN LAGOS STATE. APPLICATION ONLINE: WWW.lagossubeb.gov.ng REQUIREMENT: NCE, B.ed, B.sc with PGD EDUCATION. AGE: 21 to 35 years. DEADLINE= FRIDAY 14TH AUGUST, 2015. AFTER APPLIED ONLINE, SUBMIT UR CV TO SUBEB OFFICE @ MARYLAND SCHOOLS COMPLEX, MARYLAND - IKEJA.

Please the link is not working for online filling
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 12:29am On Aug 11, 2015
kendraloops:

Hmm, this seems quite too technical for me. I'm not a science inclined person. Thanks for offering to help.
you are welcome bro....it requires in-depth knowledge and experience what did you study in school?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 3:59am On Aug 11, 2015
kendraloops:

if u are not science inclined(guru) .....then it will be difficult for u ....basic tech is nt a subject to gamble with ........so complex ...as i said before....
..gud luck
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by queenex(f): 4:24am On Aug 11, 2015
dosht:
Bettynuel Nursery and Primary school Alatishe Ibeju Lekki is in need of early childhood educators
Contact 08180806520 cc queenex
I will give u a feedback. tanx

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 11, 2015
Kazrem:

Adetoks19 has written something about it
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 11, 2015
kendraloops:

Pick one and dissect it. All the best.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by oneluvs: 7:14am On Aug 11, 2015
rezzy:

Please the link is not working for online filling

Also is not working oooo
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 11, 2015
avicky:

*addressed.

Hmmmm. Dr ke.?? When I'm still struggling with mrs. E jooor oooo.
Struggling with Mrs Ke when you have been honoured with a honorary doctoral status.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 11, 2015
Sunnypar:

Cc:
Adetoks19
Avicky
Golden Dr.
@folabunmi, I do not know if they are still in the market. Gateway to success or Ugo .C. Ugo.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 11, 2015
Sunnypar:
The following monickers in no particular order should henceforth be addresses by their appellation as a result of their brilliance, members of the public should take note.

1. Xtfield - Grandpa
2. Manie - Boss
3. Dr. Avicky - Women Leader
4. Golden Dr. - Oga at the top
5. IDrock - Deputy op
6. Peybuttons - god mother alias Headmistress
7. LaurelP - Headmaster
8. Ravensckar - Visiting Professor
Lol
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 11, 2015
Oluwatosin Margret..... Welcome on board.
I can't seems to keep up with the pace of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by OHaddy(f): 7:56am On Aug 11, 2015
GoldenDr:
Oluwatosin Margret..... Welcome on board. I can't seems to keep up with the pace of this thread.
Thanks GoldenDr, This thread is really a God sent to job seekers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.