Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2576049 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 9:13am On Aug 15, 2015
Odunharry, adenaicky, uglychick, nitane25, engrcharlseid, chrisdenis01, spicy244, manie, sunnypar etal.

Thanks for your wishes and kind words. I deeply appreciate.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by oneluvs: 9:14am On Aug 15, 2015
Sunnypar:
Home tutors are urgently needed in all science, commercial and Arts subjects. If you are interested, send your cv to ssupremeducation@gmail.com
That is the school they pay part-time teachers 100k flat rate.

Pls is this info true, because majority are not sincere.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by cecekim(f): 9:40am On Aug 15, 2015
LaurelP:
Glad to announce that I've officially signed a new transfer contract with Caleb Intl Schools.

It was quite challenging though, their aptitude test is superb! If not for the "gragra" I put up during the interview and micro-teaching, it would have been a different story alltogether.
If you don't have it, fake it! Confidence is very key when it comes to interviews.
Though the pay is just a few tens of thousand above what I currently earn, I like their welfare package and other perks.
So patiently awaiting the new session! Wish me well guys.
Congrats Sir. You are blessed.I hope to work in schools like this someday.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by rezzy: 9:46am On Aug 15, 2015
So nobody got an invite from Cosom Schools?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by oneluvs: 10:20am On Aug 15, 2015
rezzy:

Am hoping too. I sent my resume to the school I haven't heard from the school
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 10:24am On Aug 15, 2015
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 10:34am On Aug 15, 2015
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
Uglychic's Opening Keynote session was introduced by herself who emphasized that students need to walk into school and feel like they are taking a “step towards the future, and not a step back in time”. This sentiment rank true in the constant challenge we have as instructional technologists to bridge the distance between digital immigrants and digital natives. Uglychic mentioned notable strides and achievements including that at Uglychic High School in Kereje. The school is a prime example of the success of community partnership.

Another notable point is that the National Educational Conference which enhances teaching skills and methods.

Her keynote focused on the question of “meaningful learning environments” and what it takes to create them. He proposed 3 preconditions for it to happen and related them to, of all subjects, Here are a few notes from his keynote address:

Effort is essential for meaningful learning…

“We telescope how long that learning takes place”…”underestimate how much time, energy, and struggle” is behind a successful organization, classroom, individua.l

There is a 10 year rule for success and proficiency proposed by psychologists…10,000 hours of practice necessary…which comes to 4 hours a day for all successful individuals

Effort…successful learning doesn’t begin with a talent, but with an approach to the task

Example: Nigerian students-will say you have to have a “talent” for math to be good for it. Asian counterparts-to do well at math takes effort.

Perseverance is essential…you must “build on your failures”…

We tend to embrace the capitalization learning style: where people build on their strengths until you reach an optimal state

But this is not the only kind of strategy. We need to try the compensation strategy. Instead of building on your strengths, you compensate on your weaknesses. When you find success from the compensation strategy, the results are much more meaningful and weighted.

Example: In NFL Football, the top 50 draft pics underperform compared to the 51+ draft picks.

“We need to have respect for difficulty.”

So the big question is…”How do we set up an environment where students are enabled to “flex” their compensation muscles?

Feedback is a critical aid to effective learning… so also it is to this thread.

We incorrectly think our learning/experience has to be linear. “We value and treasure the role of timely and targeted feedback as an aid to effective learning”

Feedback lies at the core of effective learning. We must take time to not only solicit feedback, but evaluate the results to see how we can improve.

Two preconditions for effective learning are
(1) interesting, real challenges, and
(2) a belief that this learning is urgent and important. Without them, there is no curiosity, no engagement, real attention or motivation to learn.

Summarizing point:

“Sometimes the struggle in learning something is where the learning lies.”

1. Effort-

Develop a professional development plan and stick with implementation for several years. Results may not be apparent until later.

Increasing teacher effort in attending professional development-Work with administration on paid time, substitutes, professionl recertification points, etc. Work with community partners to provide snacks, freebies, assistance, etc.

2. Perseverence

How do you keep teachers from quitting on implementing a technology tool if it “fails” the first time? I see this problem often. I never feel technology fails. Most of the time, any snags in implementing the technology tool was because of lack of planning and lack of understanding the tool.

I’m stuck here…please offer suggestions!

3. Feedback

Provide a “feedback/closure” session with teachers after a collaborative project; solicit feedback from students on what was learned and what could have been improved; develop improvement plans from feedback

Does anyone have any concrete suggestions on “how” to set up these preconditions in a school/classroom to create an effective and meaningful learning environment for teachers (professional development) and students? I’d love to hear your responses!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by rezzy: 1:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
oneluvs:

Am hoping too. I sent my resume to the school I haven't heard from the school

I was invited for interview today but didn't go. [pry section]
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by rezzy: 1:22pm On Aug 15, 2015
masties2:

I am married with kids. Thanks for the advice. I want to try Montessori training or any other form of upgrade. My level must change.

I got an invite from a school in Lekki. But won't go.

I once worked there before and after I got married. Mehn, it wasn't easy even though I stayed in the school lodge till weekend. I leave home as early as 4:30 and get home around 10.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by masquellett(m): 1:26pm On Aug 15, 2015
Please, those that have written Best Legacy Aptitude test, how was the test like? Is it normal quantitative and verbal or just current affairs! mine is Monday! Pls I just want to be sure so as to guide my study! Thanx.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by oneluvs: 1:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
rezzy:

I was invited for interview today but didn't go. [pry section]

It is well. Pls let me ask did you have any International certificate for teaching because majority of this schools are requesting for it?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2015
LaurelP:
Glad to announce that I've officially signed a new transfer contract with Caleb Intl Schools.

It was quite challenging though, their aptitude test is superb! If not for the "gragra" I put up during the interview and micro-teaching, it would have been a different story alltogether.
If you don't have it, fake it! Confidence is very key when it comes to interviews.
Though the pay is just a few tens of thousand above what I currently earn, I like their welfare package and other perks.
So patiently awaiting the new session! Wish me well guys.
Please share the story from Graduation to date to encourage others.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by bettydee(f): 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
Sunnypar:
Uglychic's Opening Keynote session was introduced by herself who emphasized that students need to walk into school and feel like they are taking a “step towards the future, and not a step back in time”. This sentiment rank true in the constant challenge we have as instructional technologists to bridge the distance between digital immigrants and digital natives. Uglychic mentioned notable strides and achievements including that at Uglychic High School in Kereje. The school is a prime example of the success of community partnership.

Another notable point is that the National Educational Conference which enhances teaching skills and methods.

Her keynote focused on the question of “meaningful learning environments” and what it takes to create them. He proposed 3 preconditions for it to happen and related them to, of all subjects, Here are a few notes from his keynote address:

Effort is essential for meaningful learning…

“We telescope how long that learning takes place”…”underestimate how much time, energy, and struggle” is behind a successful organization, classroom, individua.l

There is a 10 year rule for success and proficiency proposed by psychologists…10,000 hours of practice necessary…which comes to 4 hours a day for all successful individuals

Effort…successful learning doesn’t begin with a talent, but with an approach to the task

Example: Nigerian students-will say you have to have a “talent” for math to be good for it. Asian counterparts-to do well at math takes effort.

Perseverance is essential…you must “build on your failures”…

We tend to embrace the capitalization learning style: where people build on their strengths until you reach an optimal state

But this is not the only kind of strategy. We need to try the compensation strategy. Instead of building on your strengths, you compensate on your weaknesses. When you find success from the compensation strategy, the results are much more meaningful and weighted.

Example: In NFL Football, the top 50 draft pics underperform compared to the 51+ draft picks.

“We need to have respect for difficulty.”

So the big question is…”How do we set up an environment where students are enabled to “flex” their compensation muscles?

Feedback is a critical aid to effective learning… so also it is to this thread.

We incorrectly think our learning/experience has to be linear. “We value and treasure the role of timely and targeted feedback as an aid to effective learning”

Feedback lies at the core of effective learning. We must take time to not only solicit feedback, but evaluate the results to see how we can improve.

Two preconditions for effective learning are
(1) interesting, real challenges, and
(2) a belief that this learning is urgent and important. Without them, there is no curiosity, no engagement, real attention or motivation to learn.

Summarizing point:

“Sometimes the struggle in learning something is where the learning lies.”

1. Effort-

Develop a professional development plan and stick with implementation for several years. Results may not be apparent until later.

Increasing teacher effort in attending professional development-Work with administration on paid time, substitutes, professionl recertification points, etc. Work with community partners to provide snacks, freebies, assistance, etc.

2. Perseverence

How do you keep teachers from quitting on implementing a technology tool if it “fails” the first time? I see this problem often. I never feel technology fails. Most of the time, any snags in implementing the technology tool was because of lack of planning and lack of understanding the tool.

I’m stuck here…please offer suggestions!

3. Feedback

Provide a “feedback/closure” session with teachers after a collaborative project; solicit feedback from students on what was learned and what could have been improved; develop improvement plans from feedback

Does anyone have any concrete suggestions on “how” to set up these preconditions in a school/classroom to create an effective and meaningful learning environment for teachers (professional development) and students? I’d love to hear your responses!

These are wonderful points I must say.....On the area of perseverance, following the example of using a new tool/technology. when something like that is introduced, get an expert to train the staff or send any of d staff on a seminar/workshop as regards the new tool, then make it a part of their teaching procedure, with that they become perfect in its use(because they have to use it on a daily basis). It becomes intresting to them(teachers) and they are able to guide the students smoothly through it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 15, 2015
nitane25:
m a lil lost 4 words..I knew abt it @d later stage. I'm not on d group page sef. It wuld b best 4d active ones there to respond. Cnt rili say anythn dear.
Don't be lost for words. They still have the WhatsApp group. Pm upload111 to join.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2015
Abidemi501:
Gud day to u readers, My name is Abidemi. I am a holder of Nigeria certificate in education. Studied computer sci/ biology I had graduated since 2012 and I have been in the system since then. I'm Currently a part time student in unilorin. Anybody reading this page who can help me in connecting to teaching job that are well-paid. Or mail me
Dropping you details here would lead to spamming of your contacts.
Submit your résumé to schools within your area and start private tutor.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
manie:

If you read the Punch newspaper of 6th August 2015, you will see the name of a school owner in Ikorodu who is owing UBA as high as over N300 million.

Another big school in Lagos with a branch in Ogun State got as high as N2 billion loan from First Bank but the woman has liquidated the debt.
Later "them" go dey shout how school owners treat their workers/staff. *pointing fingers at all thread members* be careful.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
rezzy:
We appreciate your input, but we appreciate it more of we benefit from you well of wisdom.
Thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
masquellett:
Please, those that have written Best Legacy Aptitude test, how was the test like? Is it normal quantitative and verbal or just current affairs! mine is Monday! Pls I just want to be sure so as to guide my study! Thanx.
What position did you apply for?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 15, 2015
Experienced teachers are need URGENTLY
Apply for the following vacant subjects:
a.Mathematis,
b. Physics,
c. Chemistry
d. Biology and
e. Basic science.
Note: Only Akure, Ondo state base should apply.
email your cv to abayo111@yahoo.com or call this number:08039368597 on or before Friday 14, August, 2015.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by nitane25(f): 1:55pm On Aug 15, 2015
LaurelP:

Thanks. Lol @ babe! Am not a babe.
go jor.....ure a lady.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2015
Uglychic in addition to bettydee-would be school owner point and Sunnypar's point.
The precondition to pupils effective learning are;
a. Curriculum
b. Material resources
c. Teachers Education
d. Human resources
e. The use of investigative methods and use of technologies.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
SOBA Investment Limited - Our client a Top Flight Co-educational day/boarding institution In Lagos known for a tradition of academic excellence, Integrity, discipline and with a broad based co-curricular programmes. It operates national and International curricular that are broad and intellectually stimulating.

We are recruiting to fill the following positions below:

1.) Female Hostess Mistress 5years cognate experience

2.) Resident School Nurse 2 years cognate experience and will stay in girls hostel

3.) Guidance and Career Counselor

4.) Dyeing Bleaching Teacher

5.) Garment Making Teacher

6.) Electrical Installation & Maintenance Works Teacher

7.) Book Keeping Teacher

8.) Sociology Teacher

9.) Civic Education Teacher

10.) Fisheries Teacher

11.) History Teacher

12.) Commerce Teacher

13.) Clothing & Textile Teacher

14.) Physical & Health Education Teacher

15.) Technical Drawing Teacher

16.) Christian Religious Studies Teacher

17.) Further Mathematics Teacher

18.) Music Teacher

19.) Foods & Nutrition Teacher

20.) Fine Art Teacher

21.) Financial Accounting Teacher

22.) Agricultural Science Teacher

23.) Geography Teacher

24.) Home Economics Teacher

25.) Economics Teacher

26.) Business Studies Teacher

27.) Literature in English Teacher

28.) Basic Technology Teacher

29.) Biology Teacher

30.) Nigerian Languages Teacher

31.) Chemistry Teacher

32.) French Teacher

33.) Physics Teacher

34.) English Language Teacher

35.) Information and Communication Technology Teacher

36.) Mathematics Teacher

Qualifications
Applicant must:
Possess a minimum of B.Ed/ B.A/ B.Sc with at least Ten (10) years cognate experience
Possession of Masters Degree may bean added advantage
Have an excellent command of spoken and written English language
Be a team player
Have the ability to meet targets without stress
Be computer literate
Ba able to teach National (NECO), Regional (WAEC) and International (IGCSE) Syllabi and be certified in Course work Assessment In the relevant Subject.
Remuneration
Vert Attractive.

Application Closing Date
26th August, 2015.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send handwritten applications together with CV and photocopies of credentials to:
SOBA Investments Limited,
159, Igbosere Road,
Lagos State.
Or
Send soft copies as attachment to: sobaprints@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
Reputable and foremost educational institution in Ikeja, G.R.A, Lagos State, providing quality education for early years and Primary Children, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:

Job Title: Class Teacher (KS2 English Language)

Report to: Head Teacher via Deputy Head, Academics
Supervise: Students

Responsibilities
Successful candidate will be required to teach English Language (Grammar, Creative Writing, Comprehension, Reading, Verbal Reasoning etc.).
They will required to provide quality educational service to every child as well as maintain a comfortable learning environment within nd outside the classroom
Requirements
The Ideal Candidates must possess:
B.Ed. or B.A/B.Sc attained at a minimum of Second Class, with NCE or PGDE qualification.
A minimum of 3 years experience in a bench marked school
ICT Proficiency
Creative thinking skills
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2015.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application, attaching current Resume (not more than 3 pages long) to: teacherrecruitment@rocketmail.com

Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2015
@Funminicrown, did you go for best legacy interview?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2015
Hit the like button if you want a get-together party Hit the share button if you do not. If you are interested in joining the WhatsApp group PM upload111. BBM group coming up shortly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by nitane25(f): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
masties2:

I am married with kids. Thanks for the advice. I want to try Montessori training or any other form of upgrade. My level must change.
Amen...I like ur faith....

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by rezzy: 2:16pm On Aug 15, 2015
oneluvs:

It is well. Pls let me ask did you have any International certificate for teaching because majority of this schools are requesting for it?

Nothing oo. Just b.sc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by nitane25(f): 2:17pm On Aug 15, 2015
LaurelP:
Odunharry, adenaicky, uglychick, nitane25, engrcharlseid, chrisdenis01, spicy244, manie, sunnypar etal.

Thanks for your wishes and kind words. I deeply appreciate.
yeah yeah......I rejoice wt others cos a big smile they say is contagious...m already affected Lols
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 2:24pm On Aug 15, 2015
artisticallyart:
Hit the like button if you want a get-together party
Hit the share button if you do not.
If you are interested in joining the WhatsApp group PM upload111.
BBM group coming up shortly.
I want the get- together party, Bt I'm nt staying in Lagos.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by rezzy: 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2015
artisticallyart:

We appreciate your input, but we appreciate it more of we benefit from you well of wisdom.
Thanks.

I'm learning from you guys ooo.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 2:38pm On Aug 15, 2015

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.