Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2573153 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by lutha: 9:05am On Aug 14, 2015
Anyone in the house with info of big schools within Ogun and Lagos suburb that are currently recruiting? Especially in the following areas: Accounting, Commerce and Business studies.
Your response will be appreciated.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by omawunmie85: 9:39am On Aug 14, 2015
@paramount,pls go there,d school is improving now en working towards a lot of things.put in ur best.salary scale depend on ur negotiation power.upload111,i sight u my oga
upload111:

What info exactly do u need ?.

Omawunmi ; peejaywunmie FYA
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 9:42am On Aug 14, 2015
:
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by poshdara: 9:51am On Aug 14, 2015
Good morning to you all,i'm a graduate of Applied biology. I need a teaching job in a standard secondary school (Agege to be precise). Anyone with info should please assist a sis.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Abiababe(f): 9:52am On Aug 14, 2015
[quote author=Sunnypar post=36923005] why did you drop your bbm pin?[/q

I thought ur organizing a bbm group to disseminate information
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by nitane25(f): 10:39am On Aug 14, 2015
Ivoryd1:
Feed back on krisbethel school:::Wrote there test on Monday and micro teaching same day....d micro teaching were supervised by univ. lecturers.....passed ,did interview d next day....but da pay ain't worth it @ all....imagine saying d highest dey can pay is 38k....declined it sha....but d skuul building is good....
itz well
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Inioge(f): 11:02am On Aug 14, 2015
Goodmorning. Bonjour. Ututu oma. Ekaro everyone. Please any advice on where i can get a montessori training that is affordable and worthwhile , of a great standard. Sosonu
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by idgerrard(m): 11:05am On Aug 14, 2015
Am presently in a school,where i dropped my cv yesterday and i met a friend there as well.He jst gist me dat 2 house master of the school were sacked yesterday,so he now gave me the number to call and i call the man.He first shouted at me that i should come to there school if am interested in making any enquiry.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 14, 2015
What is Montessori? We that did Pure Education, do we need it? Please more explanation. Goldendr Sunnypar Artistically etc
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by idgerrard(m): 11:09am On Aug 14, 2015
They pay there teacher 40k and house master 30k,plus 3 square meal and the work is shifting.(DAY AND NIGHT,6am to 6pm and 6pm to 6am)PLS WATS UR TAKE?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by morrygreat: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2015
Sunnypar:

Morrygreat.

Yes o,
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 11:54am On Aug 14, 2015
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by morrygreat: 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2015
I salute Lagos people for posting the vacancies here, is a challenge to we in other states! I feel is right time for me to contribute,

Logos international school, Elemen road Portharcourt is accepting CV for teaching position.

True Olive International school Elelewon Portharcout needs nursery teachers

Pinemanor school Amechi road, GRA Portharcourt in needs of teacher

MaryGold too is accepting CV but the school is Big 4. Nothing, don't pay well

Brainianics Academy, Eneka. Road Rumuduru portharcourt

Cherry forte school, woji road b4 YKC junction

Coming back.....

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ApotiEriOluwa1(f): 12:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
B
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2015
idgerrard:
They pay there teacher 40k and house master 30k,plus 3 square meal and the work is shifting.(DAY AND NIGHT,6am to 6pm and 6pm to 6am)PLS WATS UR TAKE?
Please what is the name of that school?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2015
[quote author=Abiababe post=36943054][/quote]
We have a WhatsApp group already and we do not disseminate information however, P.R.O. (upload111) is disbanding the group.

@upload, are you aware that some have their exams On the said date for the party, can't the party be shifted. Haven't you seen the momentum the thread has gathered in the past few weeks? I think the publicity was also low.... Yes, it is a global village the world has become..... So, why disband the WhatsApp group? How do we network, connect and cross zones when the medium to do so is been disbanded?
Larry37
Manie
Morrygreat
Stenon
Mypearl
Seunkeji5
Odunharry
Profgday
Apotierieoluwa1
Idgerrag
Chrisdenis01
Captaindo
Xtfield
Inioge
Afynwa
Peybuttons
Nitane25
Lutha
Lovemaths
Abiababe
Ivoryd1
Paramount123
What are your thoughts?
To join the group pm upload111. In fact, I am pm you right away. angry
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by btaliat(m): 1:12pm On Aug 14, 2015
upload111:

Bro I dint state that dat to get noticed.. I jus felt somehow at ur sentence construction. Anyway u asked me to state it .here it is "... I
wish teaching jobs around ibadan should be posted
also."
Correct it for others to gain. To b sincere, I have been racking ma brain in order to know what the right construction should be. Thanks in anticipation.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adenaicky(f): 1:14pm On Aug 14, 2015
I think the group should not be disbanded,our ogas can always shift it to a later date.Biko.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
chrisdenis01:
Assessment 4 PHE teacher is now on Fri 14th Aug @ Global Intl College, Blk 12, Plt 26 Admiralty way, lekki phase 1 at 10am come wit current CV, no calls pls....... I got this IV... I can't attend it because I'm in abuja..
adetoks19 gatecrasher....the above is for you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
wellsaid:

Without malpractice over 75% would have failed !!

75% abi 96%. How many of this students read. The family is the production factory of the society, any problem you see today is a s a result of a failed family unit. Some of this students have smart phones, dstv, nairabet and a host of others which serves as distraction, or how do you explain a 14 yrs old having a boyfriend?

Teach a topic today and the next day ask questions about that same topic, they have forgotten.
Parents don't cone for open day.

Schools are not left out because they aid in examination malpractice.
Many use it as a performance yard stick to admit students and to evaluate the principal.

I remember a principal of a school(name withheld) that wanted to aid a student in malpractice and the external examiner warned him. The principal was begging the examiner, the examiner refused blatantly.

In the same school, a cleric was seen opening one of the holy books in the staff room to answer questions- that shows how incompetent, unqualified and irresponsible of the cleric.
Examination malpractice is the order of the day, our job is not to partake in it. Teach like your life depends on it.
Till tomorrow....I cannot forget some of my teachers who gave their hearts in impacting moral and academic knowledge in us.
Some graduates are nothing to write home about......communication skills=0, Interpersonal skills=0, ICT compliance=0.
Let me stop here, because if I continue I may derail the thread.

My brother even some of the monickers on this thread involve themselves in malpractice because of scrumbs.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
lutha:
Anyone in the house with info of big schools within Ogun and Lagos suburb that are currently recruiting? Especially in the following areas: Accounting, Commerce and Business studies.
Your response will be appreciated.
Submit your resume with schools of your choice.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2015
poshdara:
Good morning to you all,i'm a graduate of Applied biology. I need a teaching job in a standard secondary school (Agege to be precise). Anyone with info should please assist a sis.
Enter Mapple and sunshine estate. in fact the estatea on that Agege axis.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 14, 2015
Inioge:
Goodmorning. Bonjour. Ututu oma. Ekaro everyone. Please any advice on where i can get a montessori training that is affordable and worthwhile , of a great standard. Sosonu
Use the search button above and type Montessori training and choose Job/vacancies section.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 14, 2015
olafisoyeibukun:
What is Montessori? We that did Pure Education, do we need it?
Please more explanation.
Goldendr
Sunnypar
Artistically
etc
The other part of me feel like blasting you but no, I will not.
To earn more, learn more. it is the new form or method used in teaching and most A grade schools need such certification.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by rezzy: 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2015
idgerrard:

Have you tried other schools?

Are you ready to settle down soonest?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2015
ApotiEriOluwa1:
Pls, help me wt schools in Abeokuta dat need science teachers.
Tanx
What efforts have you made so far?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
pheighty:
Hello fellas, you guys are really doing a wonderful job here. please has anyone attended an interview at royal treasure junior school at Lekki? I was invited for an interview and was not told the position. I can not even remember when I applyed. Pleaseeeeeee I need an idea on what to expect.
Did you go?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
rezzy:

Have you tried other schools?
Are you ready to settle down soonest?
Settle down with 40k... Chai...ask pheighty.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
By Muyiwa Afolabi

WHERE IS YOUR HAPPY ENDING?

One of the most fascinating features of a good movie is a happy ending. Every time you’re seeing a movie, no matter how the story line goes, no matter how difficult, complicated, tension soaked and action packed the plot of the story is, you would always want the movie to end well. You wouldn’t want the good guy to lose out, you’ll always want the bad guy to be exposed, make a mistake and get caught. You’ll want the bad guy punished and good guy vindicated.
The difficulty, challenges and risks in any story leading to that happy ending is what creates the suspense and pleasure in seeing the movie. When it appears as if the bad guys would win, you’re tensed and worked up, hoping the bad guy does not win or prevail over the good guy. You feel bad and sorry for the good guy when he’s going through and hope he comes out of it stronger and better in order to win.
No matter the type of movie, a happy ending always leaves you excited and happy and satisfied. So different from most horror movies where the bad guys would always have the last laugh; the fact that in horror movies the negative always prevail over the positive and the bad always overrules the good is the reason why it’s called a horror movie. Horror leaves you dreadful, fearful, dismayed, abhorrent and repulsive.
Obviously, movies are put together based on the way we are as mankind. Movies reflect our lives as people and the storyline naturally captures our lives, relationships, interactions, humanity, weaknesses, strengths, capacities and feebleness. Movies at times capture our imagination and fantasies, but in whole, movies tell the stories of our lives.
This being the case, isn’t it instructive to think and know that a life with a happy ending is what a good life should be? If we all love movies with a happy ending shouldn’t we appreciate and live lives with a happy ending?
How many of us today are seriously considering the latter years of our lives? I submit there are too many of us today, living our lives for now, for today, for the immediate and the present. We seldom pay attention to the latter years of our lives.
Every day, the world around us, our immediate society and various experiences keep instructing, guiding and teaching lessons through our life’s journeys; but it seems we have a way of shutting out the realities and embracing our preferences and fantasies.
Daily we see, speak, and interact with many people who are septuagenarians and octogenarians; people in their seventies and eighties and we see how they live their lives.
The ones who made intelligent and wise choices bequeathing inheritance and assets to their children and grandchildren, and many others who took their future for granted today, rely and black-mail their struggling offspring to cater and carry their burdens and responsibilities.
We daily see many old people who find it hard to feed, clothe and pay their accommodation and medical bills. Their children inherited nothing from them; yet must provide for them. Please my purpose is not to blame or discourage anyone from giving and supporting their parents, I’m just trying to speak frankly and bring to the fore the reality that some grand parents have actually worked hard and smart enough, such that their great grandchildren need not struggle much for anything in life because of the accomplishments of their grandparents. A man who has enough to give to his grand children can never be found in the sun or rain on a pension queue.
If today, we all can see and read daily about the sufferings and penury of the aged, who unfortunately didn’t plan well or do anything critical about the latter years of their lives; what are we now doing my friends to escape a sorrowful, lonely and poverty ridden later years of our lives?
What choices, decisions and plans do you have in place in order to be numbered amongst those who would leave that inheritance for their children’s children? Are you today full of excuses, and complaints, and blame games, holding everyone but you responsible for your non-achievement and failures in life?
You have probably given up on your dreams, hopes and aspirations because of one disappointment or the other, one betrayal or another, one let down or another, one offence or another or even a disaster; try remember the movies you see and enjoy; are the lead characters always having it easy and convenient thought the experiences?
Is it not their display of strength, passion, commitment and never-say-die attitude that makes the movie exciting and a block buster?
Are we learning anything from these movies we see every now and again? Don’t you realize your life ought to be challenged thoroughly in order for you to grow emotionally and psychologically; to attain levels and reach goals you never thought possible?
What are your current challenges in life? What are your limitations, setbacks, and frustrations? How bad are they; how bad can they get? Are you bowing to your opposition and throwing in the towel believing your life is over and you can never recover or succeed in life?
How astute are you at escaping all the challenges hurled at you in life? How stable are you mentally and emotionally?
How well can you handle, disappointments, disgrace, failure, ridicule, and betrayal?
Are you emotionally strong enough to forgive that infidelity? How psychologically strong are you to still work and bring out the best in a subordinate that obviously can’t stand you?
You know your team mates hate you, can’t stand your gifts, ability to perform and deliver, and are petrified by the likelihood of you becoming the boss; can you still ignore, forgive, overlook their gossip and plots and still make the necessary effort to work with these team members?
That wife that left you; that husband that abandoned you, that divorce, that late marriage, your being single, the in-laws that made your life miserable, the death of your spouse, that mean boss that delayed and derailed your career journey, your parents that neglected and rejected you when it really mattered, your siblings that connived and plotted against you; your lack of great skills, experience and even very sound health, would all these be good enough reasons to reject a happy ending for your life?
Think with me, what exactly do you allow to hold you, pin you down and stop you from moving on in your life?
What and who has that much influences to distract and derail you from a life with hope and great possibilities? You’re not dead yet, and you’re not in prison; even if you’re listening to me this morning from a prison cell or yard you still have hope. A living dog they say is better than a dead lion.
Come on my friend, it’s time to apply the strength of your mind over every matter and resolve to progress.
You have the year still well stretched out before you; in two years, five years, ten years and may be twenty years, where would you be?, what would your life’s story be like then?
Have you made up your mind to remain small, irrelevant and insignificant? Why are you building permanent structures with temporary situations and people?
All the people around and in your life today; making you take destructive and self-limiting decisions, where would they be in another twenty years? Do you still think they would be around you?
Dear friend it’s time to look forward and plan for tomorrow. Happy endings don’t just occur in movies, it’s usually planned in by the writer of the movies, they plan for the happy ending to make the movies exciting, interesting and worth viewing.
What happy ending do you see at the later years of your life? Would you be a true hero or plan for you, a horror movie? Think this with me my friend, enjoy your day!

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 14, 2015
By Muyiwa Afolabi

ROMANCE IN THE WORK PLACE- THE GOOD, BAD AND UGLY.

A look at the pros and cons of an office romance
Ahh, Monday morning; that annoying time to get up early, schlep into the office and get back to the stresses of the job. Who looks forward to that? An office romance may make Monday mornings easier and more fun. But is adding a bit of excitement to your work life worth the risk?

Romance in the Workplace – The Good
These days, people spend the bulk of their time at work, which makes the temptation to start an office romance strong. After all, these are the people you see every day. You have a lot in common with them. When you spend this much time with someone, you get to know them on an intimate, day-to-day level. You get a feel for their intelligence, personality and ethic and this can create a type of chemistry that could lead to something more.

Another draw of getting involved with a co-worker is the excitement coupled with the “safety" of dating somebody you've already gotten to know considered safer than trying to meet someone in clubs, bars, etc. Once the romance starts, it can be very exciting “pretending" to your colleagues that you're not dating.

Romance in the Workplace – The Bad
There are also a lot of “cons" to dating your co-worker. The most common one being, if it doesn't work out, you still have to see your ex and work with him or her every day. This is especially hard on the person who didn't want the relationship to end. This type of situation can lead to poor performance, increased absenteeism, workplace drama and a possible hostile work environment.
Also, workplace romance rarely, if ever, stays between two people. Soon the rumour gets started and it's everybody's business. Now your love life is the subject of gossip around the water cooler and all eyes are on you and the person you're dating. Relationships need time to grow between just two people before being brought out into the open. Constant scrutiny can drive a quick wedge between you.

Romance in the Workplace – The Ugly
Aside from creating a tense office environment, having an office romance can also lead to potential legal consequences. For example, if one party wants to end the relationship but the other one doesn't, a sexual harassment claim may come up. Romances gone wrong can lead to workplace violence.

Remember this; just because you work with somebody doesn't mean you really know them. The person you're dating may have a serious mental illness or some type of emotional instability you're not aware of. The closeness and intimacy of a romantic relationship and the subsequent loss of this relationship could trigger a sudden and violent response.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 3:08pm On Aug 14, 2015
This is a follow up to what OGA at the top posted two weeks ago.

Teachers tend to give accolade or attach more importance to faster-paced learners in their classrooms.

Certainly, they should not take for granted the importance of celebrating faster learners, but they must be mindful of their ultimate task which is to ensure that all learners are dutifully carried along and classes are always beneficial to all. It is often said that a great teacher's success is measured by the growth of their slower-paced learners.

There are some important simple steps that can be followed in order for teachers to ensure that they do not lose track of their main goals.

1. Teachers should always go to slower-paced children to personally ask them whether they have understood the lesson. A teacher’s listening and asking approach matters a whole lot. It should be polite (not harsh or rude), of a listening nature and caring.

2. Teachers should not for sake of wanting to cover all content within the curriculum, end up giving too many lessons too quickly (even though many school administrators keep teachers on their toes for this). The onus lies on the teacher to deliver good results.
Teachers should always take an average of their class after each lesson to identify progress. If the scorecard is below 70% passmark of the entire number of learners taught after teaching/reteaching, we say.....change your approach and reteach once again. After which consistent practice must be given until expected skill outcome is mostly perfected.

3. Slower-paced learning also comes as a result of learners forgetting what they've learnt for various reasons. That’s why such learner loses confidence and may start differentiating themself from faster learners. The teacher’s duty here is to carefully give learners tips on how to recall what to do and how to work them out systematically.

4. Spend ample time thinking about your student. If teachers can get into deeper thoughts on their students in trying to identify problem areas, they would most likely discover ways to help the student/s or identify who/what best to help them e.g using psychologists, counsellors, special needs tutors, mentors, therapists; especially if the situation goes beyond the make up of the classroom.

5. Teachers can often develop Individual education plans (IEPs) for slower-paced learners to help them complete achievable tasks while discovering the possibility of grasping a wider knowledge on a given topic or concept.

6. Teachers should embrace assigning group work. Allow faster students to help slower ones. It is often said also that children learn best from each other. Teachers should apply 'project based learning method'. Have students suggest problems they'd like to see solved and guide them to find the solutions themselves. Again, people learn best by doing.......doing so consistently!

Finally teachers must embrace patience and consistency are their guiding paths. Consistent teachers achieve results.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by idgerrard(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14, 2015
I have accepted the post of the house master o.For those talking about settling down am a married man already,i did that with my allawi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.