Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,594 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2581779 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 2:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
Skill Enhancement Centre (SENCE) Limited - We are a Business Consultancy firm focused on small/medium businesses. Our goal is to provide our clients with the support they need to grow their businesses by providing them with value -added and convenient services in a friendly atmosphere.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of School
Job opening ID:187
Job type: Full time
Roles and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this role include but not limited to the following:
Running a reputable Nursery/Primary school as the overall leader
Provide inspiring and purposeful leadership for the staff and pupils
Work in partnership with the governing body, staff and parents generating the ethos and values which will underpin the school.
Implement a Development Plan which will secure continuous school improvement.
Monitor and evaluate the performance of the school and respond and report to the governing body as required
Ensure that management, finances, organization and administration of the school supports its vision and aims.
Ensure that school policies and practices take account of national, local and school requirements
Monitor, evaluate and review the impact of policies, priorities and targets of the school in practice, and take action if necessary.
Ensure that all those involved in the school are committed to its aims, motivated to achieve them, and involved in meeting long, medium and short term objectives and targets which secure the educational success of the school.
Maintain an environment that promote and secure good teaching, effective learning, high standards of achievement and good behaviour.
Determine, organize, implement and monitor the curriculum and its assessment and ensure that statutory requirements are met.
Ensure that pupils develop study skills in order to learn more effectively and with increasing independence.
Determine, organize and implement a policy for the personal, social and moral development of pupils.
Monitor and evaluate the quality of teaching and learning and standards of achievement of all pupils in the school through appropriate methods.
Continue to maintain an effective partnership with parents and the wider community to support and improve pupils’ achievement and personal development.
Ensure that the policies and procedures adopted by the governing body are fully implemented and followed by all staff.
Ensure sufficient resources and time are allocated to enable the designated person and other staff to discharge their responsibilities, including taking part in strategy discussions and other inter-agency meetings, and contributing to the assessment of children.
Determine and implement positive strategies and programmes which ensure good pupil behaviour and discipline and give support and clear guidance on exclusions.
Implement and sustain effective systems for the management of staff performance, incorporating performance management and target setting
Develop and maintain effective links with the community including business and industry, to extend the curriculum and enhance teaching and learning.
Promote extracurricular activities in accordance with the educational aims of the school.
Develop an organization in which all the staff recognize that they are accountable for the success of the school.
Ensure that parents/pupils are well informed about the curriculum, attainment and progress and about the contribution they can make in supporting their child’s learning and achieving the school’s targets for improvement.
Make arrangements for the security and effective supervision of the school building and properties.
Work with colleagues to deploy and develop all staff effectively in order to maintain and improve the quality of education provided.
Work with management and senior colleagues to recruit and retain staff of the highest quality.
Set appropriate priorities for expenditure, allocation of funds and effective administration and control.
Carry out any such duties as may be reasonably required by the school/Governing Body.
Skill Set:
Must be familiar with the British and Nigeria curriculum
Time Management
Leadership skills, displaying courage and conviction
Strong interpersonal skills
Academic ability as well as an ability to understand and communicate with those who struggle in education
Capacity to manage and lead change
Effective communication Skills
Ability to resolve highly emotional and personal conflicts
Minimum of 8 years teaching experience with at least 3 years experience as Head of School/Head Master/ Head Mistress with the right qualification
A desire to work with children and/or young adults
Prioritization, planning and organization skills
Being able to work as part of a team
An ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
An ability to devolve responsibilities, delegate tasks and monitor practices to see that they are being carried out
Work Experience:
Minimum of 8 years
Salary
Attractive
Application Closing Date
Not Specified.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Bholarji18(f): 2:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
Larry37:

Primary or secondary school?
Written or Oral interview?
Whatever be prepared to write a lesson plan, essay, answer questions in your subjects area(s) and micro teaching
. Tanx a lot,u were on point.Its a written interview,a lot of essay writing and oh my God there mathematics is wow! Anyway I tried my best.Praying 2 be shortlisted 4 d second stage which is Oral and microteaching.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
Manie is pissed off.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 2:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
link to the above job vacancy

https://recruit.zoho.com/ats/Portal.na?iframe=true&digest=Gu@JEP2hQb5lZf.RxaMnIodBTiiCCOokhINAWG08JzM-&m=apj&id=241451000001909048&embedsource=Embed&wid=241451000000051009
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 2:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
A reputable school located in Lagos State, invites applications from experienced and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions below:
1.) Nursery School Teacher
Requirement
GD II/NCE + 2 years experience
2.) Primary School Teacher
Requirement
NCE/B.Ed +2 years experience
3.) Igbo Subject Teacher
Requirement
NCE/B.Ed + 1 Years Experience
4.) Supervisor (Nursery)
Requirement
Bachelor/Master in Education with a minimum of 2 years experience
5.) Fine Art Teacher
Requirement
NCE/B.Ed + 2 Years Experience
6.) Accounts Clerk
Requirement
OND in Account or HND in Accounts or ATS
7.) Caterer
Requirement
An experienced and qualified caterer to run the School’s Tuck Shop
8.) Motor Driver
Requirement
Must reside within Mile 2/Amuwo/Festac/Agboju/Satellite Town/Ijegun/ Barracks/ Volks.
Remuneration
Possession of Montessori Teaching knowledge will be an added advantage for positions (1) to (3 above). Total take home package is quite competitive and above industry average.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2015
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their handwritten applications containing CV's and including current contact telephone numbers addressed to "The Management" could be sent by post to:
P.O. Box 464,
Festac Town Office,
Festac Town.
Or
In the alternative hand delivered at:
23, New Road,
Off Community Road,
Satellite Town,
Off Badagry Expressway,
Lagos State.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 2:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
artisticallyart:
Manie is pissed off.

Not pissed off, but will really appreciate it if the person who posted the hearsay can just tell me the original source of his information.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
A top primary/junior School in Abuja, Invites applications from suitable qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
Job Description
Candidates are required for the following positions below:
Mathematics Teacher
English Teacher
Sciences Teacher
Social Studies Teacher
Civic Teacher
Fine Arts Teacher
Music Teacher
Sports Teacher
IRK Teacher
CRK Teacher
Secretary/Computer
Female Nurse knowledgeable in pediatrics
Nursery Teachers
Requirements
Candidates must be University Graduates with first Degree preferably a B.Sc or its equivalent in Education, from a reputable tertiary institution.
Postgraduate/Professional qualification in education or any other related field will be an advantage
A minimum of 2 years' experience.
New graduates interested in teaching must have a minimum of 2:2 without previous teaching experience can also apply
All Teaching and non-Teaching candidates must have original NYSC discharge Certificate
Must be IT Competent, be able to use Microsoft Power Point, Word, Excel
Must have Excellent Communication skills
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed resumes with passport photographs to: hbada@birc-ltd.com or info@birc-ltd.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by oneluvs: 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
Sunnypar:
Any news?
No am expecting them ooooo
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 2:22pm On Aug 21, 2015
It can only get better when Larry37 joins the train of job posters.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 2:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
A top Secondary School and Sixth form College in Lagos and Abuja, is currently seeking to employ suitably qualified candidate to fill various Teaching and Non Teaching positions in the schools :
Job Title: Teaching and Non Teaching Staff
Locations: Lagos and Abuja
Requirements
Candidates must be University Graduates with first Degree preferably a B.Sc or its equivalent in Education, from a reputable tertiary institution.
Postgraduate/Professional qualification in education or any other related field will be an advantage
A minimum of 5 years experience.
New graduates interested in teaching must have a minimum of 2:1 without previous teaching experience can also apply
All Teaching and non Teaching candidates must have original NYSC discharge Certificate
Must be IT Competent, be able to use Microsoft Power Point, Word, Excel
Must have Excellent Communication skills
Application Closing Date
27th August, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
the link edurecruitment..nl/?m=0
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 21, 2015
Your certificate gets you to the door step, your abilities, capabilities and competence opens the door and your experience gets you a better pay.
ask avicky, Manie, golden dr, upload111, LaurelP, luffizkids, sammie, Islamics, chrisdenis01, Macjc, PeyButtons xtfield e.t.c

9 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
Larry37 in as much as we appreciate your efforts. Do well to post their email, contacts numbers and physical address. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Funminicrown: 3:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
Is it advisable to pick up a job with a new school that has little or no students at d moment, though d skul is visionary and in no distance time the skul wil boom.
From the look of things, there is 80% assurance dt d mgt has saved up some cash 4 d running cost(salary, rents, bills n other miscellaneous expenses).
There's room for individual devt and great exposition in d new skul. The skul pay is 31.25% higher than his current pay, but his scared they don't come up with flimsy excuses when there's delay in payment.
He's at crossroad either to pick up d offer or not.
Please help a brother.
Cc:
Avicky
LaurelP
Larry37
funminicrown
Afynwa
Manie
Golden dr
Idrock
Upload111
Coolhamid
Chrisdenis01
Captaindo
Enimoney
Naturalmi
Mr.olai
Ravenackar
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
Sunnypar:
Any news?
Nothing yet Sent as well Is it SEF magodo that need it? Any further details? Good to see u back after a while
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by idgerrard(m): 3:23pm On Aug 21, 2015
I got the info from there teachers that i know.
Sunnypar:

You heard is a rumour get the facts.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by makazona(m): 3:30pm On Aug 21, 2015
@artisticallyart

*Grabs the Mic*

Alright.

In Bayelsa, Belary Schools, Ayakpo Schools, Faith Comprehensive Sec. school (FACISS), Winners Academy(Not owned by Winners church o), Bieodomo Schools, Divine Comprehensive, New Total Child Academy and Benny Schools are the "Big ones" (though some other schools are springing up and giving the aforementioned schools a good run for their resources). so
Belary = 30,000 entry level may rise to 40 0r 45 but not above 45 plus Accomodation for few staff.
Ayakpo = same as Belary but with little/no accomodation.
FACISS = 30000 Entry level but can pay up to 60000
Winners = Negotiable entry but more rules as it regards dress style.
Bieodomo Schools = 35000 (but no holidays even in August else be ready to lose the month's salary)
Divine Comprehensive = 30,000 and may hit 60,000 depending on your impact.
New Total Child Academy = same as Divine Comprehensive
Benny Schools = Negotiable entry salary but not below 25000.

With this, you should be guided on what smaller schools pay.
the Minimum here in Bayelsa is 5000 (for WAEC holders teaching in private primary schools)

Feel free to ask questions or add if you are also in Bayelsa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 3:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
lufizzkids:
Hi all,I was called yesterday at night to come for the 2nd phase of my interview by 10am at BM school Lekki and they basically asked what my creative side was and the subjects I could teach.
I am pregnant and I told them since they didn't notice and they were happy with me for being honest.
I will be resuming 2months after my baby is born.
I am extremely thankful to God for this favour He has shown me.
Congrats dear
Honesty the best policy
All the best......God be praised
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by afynwa(f): 3:41pm On Aug 21, 2015
Funminicrown:
Is it advisable to pick up a job with a new school that has little or no students at d moment, though d skul is visionary and in no distance time the skul wil boom.
From the look of things, there is 80% assurance dt d mgt has saved up some cash 4 d running cost(salary, rents, bills n other miscellaneous expenses).
There's room for individual devt and great exposition in d new skul. The skul pay is 31.25% higher than his current pay, but his scared they don't come up with flimsy excuses when there's delay in payment.
Please help a brother.
Cc:
Avicky
LaurelP
Larry37
funminicrown
Afynwa
Manie
Golden dr
Idrock
Upload111
Coolhamid
Chrisdenis01
Captaindo
Enimoney
Naturalmi
Mr.olai
Ravenackar
I will advice u to take up the new one since d previous one is also a private school. I dont think there is job security in private sector, u can be fired any moment. But if ur previous is under govt,is better u stay back. *my opinion*

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 3:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
manie:

Please get you facts right or better still post or send the name of your friend's friend who told another friend who happens to be you about what he knows about the College.

I started the College in 1998 first as a tutorial centre using my father's property in Ikorodu. I left in 1999 to work outside and gather more experience, another reason why I left to pick up a regular job was the cost of running a business and the unpredictable cashflow in business.

The school is located on 3 plots of land. Although I started the school my father a retiree from UNILAG who is now in his 70s is the Proprietor, he assisted me with payment of salaries. My father who is the Proprietor used to come around to visit the school in Ikorodu once in a week, he was never involved in the running of the place.

Between 1999 and 2014, yours truly worked in management position in various schools in Lagos. Although while working in other places, I was keeping tab of happenings and progress made in the school. I played a major role when the school was approved in 2004 because most of the inspectors from Ministry of Education Alausa were my classmates and juniors in the University.

The problem with the school started about 5 years ago although we have overcome the problem. Mind you the Principal is solely responsible for the running of this school. A guy became the Principal about 5 years ago, through series of palace coup, back stabbing of the guys who even brough him to join the college.

Not long after becoming the Principal, the Proprietor stopped his weekly visit to the school. As a matter of fact before I became the Chairman of the College about a year ago, the Propreitor nor his children ever visited the school for 4 years.

The Principal only visited the Proprietor to collect cheques for the running of the school, the guy rented out the property to some other business concern without informing the owners nor the money collected remitted to the owners. He sacked the Bursar and put his own crony as the Bursar. He collected money from the owners for the awards of contracts which he never delivered to the contractors, he has a personal account where some of the school fees were paid into. The guy was buoyant enough that he built a 3 bedroom bungalow for his mum and also bought a car for his girl-friend, eventhough he has his wife and family at Ilesha Osun State.

I partially came back on board as the Vice Chairman of the School in 2013 October, when my auditors stated auditing the books of the school they discovered fraud and unremitted school fees and WAEC fees running into millions of Naira. The guy also embezzled the staff co-operative money of about 900k.

The guy was not sacked but he ran out of Lagos, but ever since his friends and sympatisers who ate out his loot have been spreading falsehood about the school.

I fully joined in September 2014 as the Chairman of the school, because Baba (Proprietor) is now aged and he is just recovering from the shock of what the last guy who he really trusted did to him and his business.

I am the new Proprietor in quote, I just finished liquidating all the debts inherited from that guy.

As earlier said, please do me a big favour by sending the name of your source to me.

Thank you and God bless our hussles.
Hmmmmmm?.....it is well chairman
Wishing u a successful new journey in the post you have just occupied
I want to ask you something
I have sent you a PM and message to your e-mail
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by coolhamid(m): 3:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
Have been shortlisted for an interview at Bachel Model College,ifako ijaiye...
Pls house, how much does bachel pays ?
As an experienced mathematics teacher, the pay is important to me ..
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by PeyButtons(f): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
artisticallyart:
Your certificate gets you to the door step, your abilities, capabilities and competence opens the door and your experience gets you a better pay.
ask avicky, Manie, golden dr, upload111, LaurelP, luffizkids, sammie, Islamics, chrisdenis01, Macjc, PeyButtons xtfield e.t.c
Yeah that's true...artisticallyart,you're correct.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by cecekim(f): 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
makazona:
@artisticallyart

*Grabs the Mic*

Alright.

In Bayelsa, Belary Schools, Ayakpo Schools, Faith Comprehensive Sec. school (FACISS), Winners Academy(Not owned by Winners church o), Bieodomo Schools, Divine Comprehensive, New Total Child Academy and Benny Schools are the "Big ones" (though some other schools are springing up and giving the aforementioned schools a good run for their resources). so
Belary = 30,000 entry level may rise to 40 0r 45 but not above 45 plus Accomodation for few staff.
Ayakpo = same as Belary but with little/no accomodation.
FACISS = 30000 Entry level but can pay up to 60000
Winners = Negotiable entry but more rules as it regards dress style.
Bieodomo Schools = 35000 (but no holidays even in August else be ready to lose the month's salary)
Divine Comprehensive = 30,000 and may hit 60,000 depending on your impact.
New Total Child Academy = same as Divine Comprehensive
Benny Schools = Negotiable entry salary but not below 25000.

With this, you should be guided on what smaller schools pay.
the Minimum here in Bayelsa is 5000 (for WAEC holders teaching in private primary schools)

Feel free to ask questions or add if you are also in Bayelsa.
Thank You for this info. Its appreciated
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2015
artisticallyart:

#Gbam
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 4:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
Bholarji18:
. Tanx a lot,u were on point.Its a written interview,a lot of essay writing and oh my God there mathematics is wow! Anyway I tried my best.Praying 2 be shortlisted 4 d second stage which is Oral and microteaching.
All the best dear hope you will be called for the second stage but don't put all your eggs into one basket transfer market is still very much open but closing soon so I urge you to do the needful.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 4:07pm On Aug 21, 2015
Sunnypar:
It can only get better when Larry37 joins the train of job posters.
Hahahahahahaha! Thanks chief.......always want to verify the source you know now!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by cecekim(f): 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
@Makazona,what of Myrtl sch,Bedrock and Tare-pet? Please do you have any idea of them?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 4:11pm On Aug 21, 2015
Sunnypar:
Larry37 in as much as we appreciate your efforts. Do well to post their email, contacts numbers and physical address. Thank you.
How far with the home tutor jobs to ssupremeducation............you posted?
Any info?
Need further details
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by damilola87(f): 4:12pm On Aug 21, 2015
utchvikky:
ok,mine was the first batch I wrote french,I thnk urs wud be from WAEC past questions so study them,gud luck.

No current affairs
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2015
Funminicrown:
Please help a brother.
Cc:
Avicky
LaurelP
Larry37
funminicrown
Afynwa
Manie
Golden dr
Idrock
Upload111
Coolhamid
Chrisdenis01
Captaindo
Enimoney
Naturalmi
Mr.olai
Ravenackar
Was he employed before he got this job?
Is the school far away from his place of residence?
How long has he being searching for a job?
The beginning of a thousand miles starts with the first step............He should give it a shot who knows he may rise to become the head in the near future........experience is the the best teacher
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by masties2(f): 4:24pm On Aug 21, 2015
Sunnypar:

If each one can reach one and each one can teach one what a beautiful world it would be- Late ChazB.

That quote is from Ola Rotimi Hopes of the living dead. Maybe ChazB borrowed it. God rest his gentle soul

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.