Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2573313 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by coolhamid(m): 11:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
STENON:
Thanks, Pls am I to forward that same CV or I shoud make some corrections before sending it, because I cnt really decode the meaning of that message. Thanks
Do you have teaching experience??
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by masties2(f): 11:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
chrisdenis01:
Hey!! I have to sound very Hot... I hate when people start saying some words that is annoying... Listen, I already av a deal of 160k...does it mean I shouldn't aspire for more money? Come to abj and see teachers earning 250k- 350k with lesson inclusive... I av received an invitation from Global international sch but I didnt attend because I wasn't sure of the pay.... Now I got an invitation from a school in calaba and my travelling expenses will be paid back to me...and some persons are saying rubbish... Pls I'm not a begging teacher of 35-50k..(In abuja,That is a child lesson money). I'm a professional teacher with B.sc(ed) with CIE certificate and experience.... So, please mind your statement... I might not comment again... Thanks... U know yourself

Pls cool down boss. I don't know who offended you but you have been real open on this thread and good. I apologize on behalf of the person and there is nothing wrong with aiming high or wanting more. Pls continue as you were and don't stop commenting. All the best chrisdenis.

6 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 1:13am On Aug 21, 2015
STENON:
Pls I received this message and I need an explanation.

Dear Applicant, Kindly resend the full details of your CV to us.

Greenspring School, Lekki

Do either/both of the following:

1. Probably a part of ur CV was missing, so, like GoldenDr just said, "re-send it"

2. Place a call 2 d school admin 4 clarifications.
Best of luck.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by morrygreat: 3:59am On Aug 21, 2015
rezzy:

I posted this to my sister via whatsapp. Some of this schools are no where to be found.

Who told you? Those schools are not where to be found? Guess u. Or ur. Sist are not familiar with portharcourt especially those are, don't worry just fold your hands and sit indoor waiting
For Nairaland to bring u appointment letter.

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by queenex(f): 4:19am On Aug 21, 2015
STENON:

plz au did u apply initially.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 21, 2015
artisticallyart:
This is a follow up to my post above as regards salaries of teachers in "specific location".

Negotiation is key to getting the needed salary, although preference is given to B.Ed & B.sc edu. gradutes because that is their terrain. More often that not, they are paid the same with other degree holders. A "few"schools pay them a little above other degree holders.

P.S. Schools that are starting CANNOT pay you the needed salary. Some would increase your salary as the number of pupils increases, though there are exceptions especially for schools in highbrow areas and A'level or sixth form schools.

1. Ikorodu-Bayoku, some schools in Surulere 15k-22k(Likewise in Uwelu, Barrack and after the Airforce barracks in Benin, Edo State).
2. Bariga- Somolu & Bajulaye 28-30k depending on your qualifications;
3. Festac, Mile 2 & Apapa- 45-75k depending on your qualifications, PDGE inclusive;
4. Lekki-80k- 160k depending on your experiences, professional certifications and qualifications, Nursery and primary 40-60k(source: luffskidz);
5. Gbagada-60k depending on qualifications, experience; (oluemmakay could be reached for details).
6. Anthony- 70k depending on the school and location experience counts a lot plus professional qualifications;
7. Akute-Ajuwon Axis- 35-45k depending on the location, qualification and experience. Most of them usually have high turnover of teacher.... that leaves much to be desire (visit some post on pages 1-23).
8. Ipaja- 35-50k depending on location, qualification and experience... some are ready to give you accommodation. Based on information gathered on this thread, they would want applicants living in that axis.
9. Ayobo along Redemption camp-18k-28k (Not all schools in that location would pay such salary. Just a handful are willing to provide accommodation).
10. Jabi(Abuja), Maraba, Nyanya 25-45k- it depends on the school & location.
11. Ekiti depending on the school- 20k, some 35-45 depending on qualifications. Accommodation is provided for some schools.
12. Ile-ife- 60-75, depending on school location, British/Nigeria curticulum,qualifications and professional qualifications. Accommodation is given in certain school for experience hire.
13. Kwara-13k schools around Ansaru-deen, tanke, Taiwo, post office 25-30k
14. Zaria- 20k upwards
15. Ondo - depends on the curriculum, if it is A sixth form 80-150 with accommodation provided you have the perquisite qualifications.
16. Ogbomoso- details are still sketchy
17. Ogun- Mowe, Ofada, Lambe, Matugun, Ijoko, Are-po
It depends on the school, curriculum, qualifications and experience 25-40k. Ogun waterside 20k In Abeokuta, there are A-level schools that pay well such as Daywaterman e.t.c other Nigeria curriculum schools to the best of my knowledge 60k.
18. Onitsha- 12-20k depending on school, qualifications ( from Information gathered, irrespective of qualifications in some quarters, they cannot pay above 40k).
19. Bayelsa- We await Makazona for more details.
20. Porthacourt- information from reliable source gathered from their thread and Morrygreat corroborating the said information. 25-30k. They also have the A-level schools that pay as high as 70k.

Caleb schools- 70-100k
Redeemers schools -90-150k
Chrisland- 80-120k
British international- 150k
Turkish international- 145k
American international 200k
Pampers- 95k

I also sympathise with school owners because they spend a lot, the reason they set up the business is to provide services at acceptable profit and reduce cost to the bearest minimum.

WARNING: The above should not be relied upon totally. You can either bargain below or above the stated figures above. I STRONGLY advice you do your findings so as to ascertain what is obtainable in the location above.

Please update the above to assist those that would like to move in this "transfer season".
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 6:29am On Aug 21, 2015
GoldenDr:
Cc: upload111
Keeps sending pm and after I send her mail ,she doesn't respond back
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 6:31am On Aug 21, 2015
STENON:

Greenspring is also a top schools..reply the mail fast!!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:48am On Aug 21, 2015
GloriaAdanne:
I was asked the following questions in a written interview today (teaching job) and I managed to make something up. Pls help nairalanders if you know the appropriate answers.
1. Describe your experience working with children.
2. How do you find working with d mgt of that school? What would you have told them to do differently, given the opportunity?
3.suppose u have one noisome pupil, one challenged ( slow to learn) pupil, 3 average pupils & 2 smart pupils, what would u do to carry them all along in a lesson?
4. What do u like in children what really annoys u about them?
5. I strongly dislike noisy children, slow learners, and low achievers in class. Could you arm of with method to help me raise them?
6. What are your talents and gifts which you have developed?
7. What is ur computer awareness level? State briefly please.
Newbies learn, professionals help us o.

1. My teaching experiences with Kids was a memory that would remain in my life for a long time.

2. Working with school management was a learning process, The school should listen to teachers more.

3. Put one of the smart student with the slow to learn student, attention should be given to the noisy student and rotate the other smart kid with the average students.

4. I love their inquisitive mind, nothing should annoy me about children because I was once one and have one.

5. I need clarification.

6. Kereje school- I have developed flogging and punishment skills and my talent is using one eye to talk to my students without uttering a word.
Butter school- over the years I have developed my listening skill, understanding child psychology and giving attention to each children because no two children are the same.

7. My computer awareness on a scale of 1-10, I would say 5.
cc:
morrygreat

Larry37

Funminicrown

avicky

ronie24

LaurelP

nasties

donmarshal1

coolhamid

afynwa

naturalmi

upload111

omawunmie85

damilola87

GoldenDr

queenex

idgerrard

dosht

deesnipes

Tomi777

neyosea25

pheighty

noheelah

daff12

Toyfad

lufizzkids

endtime1

dayo20002002

pweetyoge

upload111

mfonukp

nifton......

Macjc

ocool

nitane25

talk2yommex2000

avalontony

Evathyst

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:55am On Aug 21, 2015
upload111:

Keeps sending pm and after I send her mail ,she doesn't respond back
hmmmmm
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:58am On Aug 21, 2015
STENON Teachers Of the year

Sowl hi.

LaRoyalHighness princess
Bholarji18 hi
MrOlai longest time
Tpappie lover boy

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sowl(m): 7:40am On Aug 21, 2015
artisticallyart:
STENON Teachers Of the year

Sowl hi.

LaRoyalHighness princess

Bholarji18 hi

MrOlai longest time

Tpappie lover boy
Good morning sir.... Weldone with the good work you all are doing. May the good Lord in his infinite mercies continue to Bless you. I applied to a school in ibadan and I was invited for an interview,any one on these thread with the idea of how much the pay his around that vicinity where the school is and The working condition.
You have been shortlisted for an interview scheduled to hold as follows:

Date: 24th August 2015

Time: 9: am prompt

Venue: Oasis International High School, Idi-Iroko, Bota Estate Ibadan, Oyo State.

Please note, employment would be considered for residence of Ibadan only. The management would not be liable for any accommodation during the interview or on appointment.

Thanks.

Management,
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by damilola87(f): 7:45am On Aug 21, 2015
@utchvikky, Lagos, any info
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by damilola87(f): 7:48am On Aug 21, 2015
artisticallyart hello, where are they accepting the CV in Lagos state government
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by rezzy: 8:02am On Aug 21, 2015
morrygreat:

Who told you? Those schools are not where to be found? Guess u. Or ur. Sist are not familiar with portharcourt especially those are, don't worry just fold your hands and sit indoor waiting

It's my sister. Yea, she is new in PH. She said after seeing the signpost, when she gets there, she won't see the school and she will be redirected.
Though the rain is not helping matters.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:11am On Aug 21, 2015
morrygreat:

Lol!!

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by talk2yommex2000(m): 8:23am On Aug 21, 2015
GoldenDr:

Are you sure of what you have written?

Which part precisely? Pls read the first part of my post carefully. One thing is to be noted here, even if the source of the info is not 100% right, something must have warrant a school to change its teacher almost every term. (I am aware of ds fact myself because I av a neighbour whose child attends the school). All in all, I think the first paragraph of my original comment should have taken care of any contrary opinion, and I think it was well stated there that my source even pointed it out that, there is possibility that the said owner would have change for better. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 8:55am On Aug 21, 2015
Goodmorning to you all,

Written Test at Newhall international school, Lekki, Chevron on wednesday

50 Maths and 50 English Objectives, write a lesson note on a particular topic in your discipline,
write an essay on the standard of education in Nigeria,
You are unique,Tell us why you are unique,
Write a letter to your frnd to inform him abt something very Important that you lost.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 21, 2015
reputable group of Schools in Ikeja has vacancy for the position below:

Job Title: Secretary

Requirements
Candidates must hold OND in Secretarial Studies obtained from a recognized institution with 3 years cognate experience and adequate
knowledge of MS Word/Excel with a high degree of accuracy
Applicants must possess pleasant personality excellent communication skills and be an efficient team player.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2015.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send handwriting applications with updated CV (including day time contact number) to:
Head of Admin,
P.O.Box 4344,
Ikeja,
Lagos State.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 21, 2015
Are you on the WhatsApp group? If no, please join. Send a pm to upload111.
Thanks.
talk2yommex2000:

Which part precisely? Pls read the first part of my post carefully. One thing is to be noted here, even if the source of the info is not 100% right, something must have warrant a school to change its teacher almost every term. (I am aware of ds fact myself because I av a neighbour whose child attends the school). All in all, I think the first paragraph of my original comment should have taken care of any contrary opinion, and I think it was well stated there that my source even pointed it out that, there is possibility that the said owner would have change for better. Thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 9:06am On Aug 21, 2015
GloriaAdanne:
I was asked the following questions in a written interview today (teaching job) and I managed to make something up. Pls help nairalanders if you know the appropriate answers.
1. Describe your experience working with children.
2. How do you find working with d mgt of that school? What would you have told them to do differently, given the opportunity?
3.suppose u have one noisome pupil, one challenged ( slow to learn) pupil, 3 average pupils & 2 smart pupils, what would u do to carry them all along in a lesson?
4. What do u like in children what really annoys u about them?
5. I strongly dislike noisy children, slow learners, and low achievers in class. Could you arm of with method to help me raise them?
6. What are your talents and gifts which you have developed?
7. What is ur computer awareness level? State briefly please.
Newbies learn, professionals help us o.

These are very subjective and personal questions, no two people can have the same answer. Any experienced teacher should be able to easily answer them.
They are trying to test your experience level and at the same time your ability to put your thoughts down in a well constructed essay.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by masties2(f): 9:11am On Aug 21, 2015
Good morning all

Artisticallyart I too dey gbadu you. Love the way you answered the questions.
Am these interview questions posted will need higher education note to write o. Am on it.

Stennon, keep rocking girl and impress them all.

PS. Am not too good with maths o. I only study maths hard to pass exams. Pls what aspect o maths would I have to learn If I have interview at a primary school?

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by queenex(f): 9:17am On Aug 21, 2015
artisticallyart:

1. My teaching experiences with Kids was a memory that would remain in my life for a long time.

2. Working with school management was a learning process, The school should listen to teachers more.

3. Put one of the smart student with the slow to learn student, attention should be given to the noisy student and rotate the other smart kid with the average students.

4. I love their inquisitive mind, nothing should annoy me about children because I was once one and have one.

5. I need clarification.

6. Kereje school- I have developed flogging and punishment skills and my talent is using one eye to talk to my students without uttering a word.
Butter school- over the years I have developed my listening skill, understanding child psychology and giving attention to each children because no two children are the same.

cc:
morrygreat

Larry37

Funminicrown

avicky

ronie24

LaurelP

nasties

donmarshal1

coolhamid

afynwa

naturalmi

upload111

omawunmie85

damilola87

GoldenDr

queenex

idgerrard

dosht

deesnipes

Tomi777

neyosea25

pheighty

noheelah

daff12

Toyfad

lufizzkids

endtime1

dayo20002002

pweetyoge

upload111

mfonukp

nifton......

Macjc

ocool

nitane25

talk2yommex2000

avalontony

Evathyst
Nice.....@ artistically art.....number 3)Always kip d noisy student busy in class

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by islamics(m): 9:26am On Aug 21, 2015
artisticallyart:

You do not have passion for teaching.
But this your post made me laugh this early morning. Well me go reserve my comment because things are not always as they seem.
Let all hope for good things ahead.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Bholarji18(f): 9:52am On Aug 21, 2015
Anybody in d house?Pls I got an impromptu message frm MD School,agege this morning 2 come 4 interview.Am there presently,any hint on wot 2 expect? Pls help a sister in need.Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2015
masties2:
Good morning all

Artisticallyart I too dey gbadu you. Love the way you answered the questions.
Am these interview questions posted will need higher education note to write o. Am on it.

Stennon, keep rocking girl and impress them all.

PS. Am not too good with maths o. I only study maths hard to pass exams. Pls what aspect o maths would I have to learn If I have interview at a primary school?

depends on the class though but generally, you can study percentages, open sentences, word problems, pie charts, barcharts and the family, ratios, rounding up/off, roman numerals, conversion from m to km and stuff like that, areas of circles, perimeter,volume of cuboids etc.

These are the little I remember from what I taught and what i was asked in an interview I went for early this week. hope it helps.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 9:56am On Aug 21, 2015
artisticallyart:

5. I need clarification.

cc:
morrygreat

Larry37

Funminicrown

avicky

ronie24

LaurelP

nasties

donmarshal1

coolhamid

afynwa

naturalmi

upload111

omawunmie85

damilola87

GoldenDr

queenex

idgerrard

dosht

deesnipes

Tomi777

neyosea25

pheighty

noheelah

daff12

Toyfad

lufizzkids

endtime1

dayo20002002

pweetyoge

upload111

mfonukp

nifton......

Macjc

ocool

nitane25

talk2yommex2000

avalontony

Evathyst
Good reply and recommendations *thumbsup*..........hahahahahahaha! @kereje school
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 21, 2015
LaurelP:

These are very subjective and personal questions, no two people can have the same answer. Any experienced teacher should be able to easily answer them.
They are trying to test your experience level and at the same time your ability to put your thoughts down in a well constructed essay.
Yes I agree, but you fall in the category of the latter of her post. Educate us.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Larry37(m): 10:04am On Aug 21, 2015
Bholarji18:
Anybody in d house?Pls I got an impromptu message frm MD School,agege this morning 2 come 4 interview.Am there presently,any hint on wot 2 expect? Pls help a sister in need.Thanks

Primary or secondary school?
Written or Oral interview?
Whatever be prepared to write a lesson plan, essay, answer questions in your subjects area(s) and micro teaching

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:10am On Aug 21, 2015
An Intelligent Female/Male Teacher wanted for (Yaba/Oyingbo district) primary pupils
Minimum qualification is NCE or OND
Please Apply by sending a mail to tvnpschools@gmail.com or call 08130404499
Thank you
If you know you are jobless and can take coaching ROM 9-12pm and possibly getting retained with mouth watering offer ...here is the opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:12am On Aug 21, 2015
Nlevel:

tfare is 300 naira to nd fro,fresh graduate bt with teaching experience,i dnt know if there ll b lesson note but i think they will demand for it cos d school is being run by educationists.
Have you gotten a better offer from any school?
When are you suppose to resume?
Do you have plans of furthering?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.