Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2573336 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 3:57pm On Mar 17, 2016
sekzy99:
Been a while.
No, centuries.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by jaiyejina(m): 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2016
GoldenDr:
No, centuries.
Goodday madam/sir , i have quoted you severally about a vacancy u posted here before going on sabbatical leave, grin, it's a school at ipaja that were in need of a house master, I have sent my CV, however, I still do not know the name of the school. Thanks. I stay at Egbeda and would really love to take advantage of this opportunity. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 17, 2016
Goldendr, pls I need ur brother advice. I'll be going for an interview at Corona tmrw. Information reaching me via this medium states that I'll be required to state the salary I want. As much as I know Corona pays well I have no idea of their salary structure, I also don't want to come across as greedy and i don't want to also shoot maself in d leg. What range do u consider "safe to play".

I have M.Ed and B.Ed both from Unilag and I taught for 4yrs at Magodo. Pls advice a sister.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adexy4us(m): 9:20pm On Mar 17, 2016
cherrymum:
Goldendr, pls I need ur brother advice. I'll be going for an interview at Corona tmrw. Information reaching me via this medium states that I'll be required to state the salary I want. As much as I know Corona pays well I have no idea of their salary structure, I also don't want to come across as greedy and i don't want to also shoot maself in d leg. What range do u consider "safe to play".

I have M.Ed and B.Ed both from Unilag and I taught for 4yrs at Magodo. Pls advice a sister.
BTW 80- 120k is ok

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by sekzy99(m): 9:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
GoldenDr:
No, centuries.
lol
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 17, 2016
cherrymum:

I don't really know much about that. Sunnypar is in the best position to answer this because he gave us a break down of salaries in schools in Nigeria. Captaindo is another resource person but has been absent for a while now.
I will say with the current economic conditions 100-120 is not bad but insist they make you an offer after you have given them a range.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 11:40pm On Mar 17, 2016
grami:
Good morning house, pls any one with an idea of schools in Kaduna having vacancies for science subjects should pls post it. Ejo, don't tel me to go and submit my CV in schools around. God bless you as you help a sister

** Adeyemo College
Plot 1-9, Ilorin /Katsina Road Marafa
Estate, Kaduna, Kaduna
08037861401, 08055864043,
http://adeyemoschools.com/

**. Excel Universal College
3 Samaru ( Airforce Road) Kakuri,
Kaduna South, Kaduna Nigeria
08036160039, 08057277800
http://www.exceluniversalcollege.com/

**St. Michael's Anglican Diocesan
College
1 Bida Road, Kaduna, Kaduna Nigeria
http://www.stmichaels-college.com

**Air Force Secondary School, Kaduna
NAF Base, Kaduna, Kaduna

** Challawa Schools
No 3, Guari Avenue, Barnawa, Kaduna
Nigeria

**Jinie Schools
No 10 Malawi crescent North,
Barnawa, Kaduna Nigeria
07095216644, 08096157009

**Trinity College International
4 Dabo Road, Naibawa, Kaduna South,
Kaduna

**WORLD HARVEST ACADEMY (EXCEL
ACADEMY SCHOOLS
No. 6 8 Akoh Johnson, By Ore Ofe,
Narayi Highcost, Kaduna, Nigeria
Phone

**IMPERIAL SCHOOLS KADUNA
Address
Umueri road, Kudenda village, Kaduna.,
Kaduna, Kaduna, Nigeria
Phone
+2348037850511
+2348036987378
Mobile phone
+2347032428316
+2348066253478

** IMPERIAL SCHOOLS KADUNA
KADUNA SCIENCE ACADEMY
# 10 Ohinoyi Road off Sultan road, By
Engr. Abubakar Lawal Crescent., Kaduna

**Christ Mission School
# 7 Kajola Street, . P. O. Box, 7551 E-
mail, Narayi, Kaduna, Kaduna

**PETRA LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
# 30 Rima Road, Off Gongola Road,
Challawa Crescent, Barnawa, Kaduna

**BECCA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Nursery And Primary School, Narayi,
Kaduna

**CODE TRAINING AND SEMINARS LTD
#6 Rabah Close, off Rabah Road, GRA,
Malali, Kaduna

**CODE TRAINING AND SEMINARS LTD
COMPREHENSIVE COLLEGE KADUNA
No. 10, Railway Quarters P. O. Box
4418, Kaduna

**COMPREHENSIVE COLLEGE KADUNA
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT COLLEGE
(FGC ) P. O Box, 2108 Rabah Road,
Kaduna

**FIRST ROYAL INTL SCHOOL
#4 Block 20, Makera / Court Road,
South., Kaduna

**JINIE SCHOOLS
# 1-10 Mozambique road Barnawa .,
Kaduna

**PAN AFRICA RESOURCE CENTER
# 14, Zambia road, P. O. Box 2178,
Barnawa, Kaduna

**PAN AFRICA RESOURCE CENTER
PIETY HIGH SCHOOL
# 1 France Road, GRA, Kakuri, Kaduna

**QUEEN AMINA COLLEGE
# 20, Kachia Road, Kakuri, Kaduna

**REDEEMER INTL SECONDARY
SCHOOL
# 11, Degel 1 Unguwar, Rimi GRA,
Kaduna

**STARF DEVELOPMENT CENTER
#2 Makera Road P.M.B 2189 ., Kaduna

**WORLD HARVEST ACADEMY (EXCEL
ACADEMY SCHOOLS)
No. 6 8 Akoh Johnson, By Ore Ofe,
Narayi Highcost, Kaduna

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 11:49pm On Mar 17, 2016
cherrymum:
Goldendr, pls I need ur brother advice. I'll be going for an interview at Corona tmrw. Information reaching me via this medium states that I'll be required to state the salary I want . As much as I know Corona pays well I have no idea of their salary structure, I also don't want to come across as greedy and i don't want to also shoot maself in d leg. What range do u consider "safe to play" .

Oyatomo:

Commissioned to provide top of the range education akin to the type offered anywhere in the world, the multi-billion Naira Corona School’s Trust in Lagos, goes to rot under the management of Mr. Oladotun Sulaiman and Olufunto Igun, as Chairman and Executive Director of the Corona Schools’ Trust Council.

By Halima Ogiri, Per Second News

Abuja - Built to provide quality education with modern equipment and resourceful staff. 60 years after, it is gliding its way to destruction, according to an alert by teachers working there.

Teachers at Corona Schools' Trust, have expressed displeasure and dissatisfaction at the poor and harsh treatment meted to them by the school authority with regards to over delayed and non-payment of salaries, productivity and other bonuses.

Corona Schools’ is a Trust managed by the Corona Schools’ Trust Council with five primary schools located in Apapa, Gbagada, Ikoyi, Lekki and Victoria Island, a secondary boarding school at Agbara and a College of Education at Lekki.

The Corona Schools' Trust which is among the class of highbrow and most expensive schools in Nigeria, with school fees of over N300, 000 per term or approximately N1.2 million per annum, still pay teachers’ salaries as low as N100, 000 and a maximum of N160, 000 per month.

A staff disclosed that the present troubles commenced with the appointment of Mr. Oladotun Sulaiman and Olufunto Igun, as Chairman and Executive Director of the Corona Schools’ Trust Council, in their respective order, adding that their appointment commenced in the first quarter of 2011.

Information gathered by Per Second News indicates that on employment, the Corona Schools’ Trust usually promises staff that it will pay a maximum of 20% of staff gross salary as annual productivity bonus depending on appraisal's score for the year/school session.

But it has so far paid less than 10 percent of the staff annual gross in the last three years, without any explanation.

A dependable source in the school said: "For a 60 years old organization, it is sad to know that teachers' salaries range from N100, 000 to N160, 000 (gross) per month. Why can't Corona Schools' Trust, like other World Class Schools pay staff N250000 at entry point?

“This is a school with tuition fees of over N650, 000 per term. It is quite sad and very unfortunate that her staff merely feed from hand-to-mouth. Why won't they be disgruntled in such a system that claims to uphold world class values? It isn't surprising that such a savage system lays off vocal members of staff at will, especially when it is close to the time of payment of the usually delayed productivity bonus, which by right should be paid at the end of each session in July.

"Salaries are expected latest 25th of each month but September salaries are mostly paid in October with a miserable annual increase of 3%. Corona teachers receive salary increment of between N2000 and N5000 annually, whereas parents pay school fees' annual increment of between N20000 and N50000 on each child."

The teachers also lamented of being multi-tasked and overstretched, saying a single teacher teaches a whole school of between 300 and 600 pupils, four or more different subjects, mark their notebooks and assignments each week, and either conducts continuous assessment or does assessment's corrections fortnightly, regardless of the poor salary.

The staff, who spoke under the condition of anonymity further said; "The school still expects the same teacher to account adequately for the performance of these pupils. No doubt, delivery is less effective and her teachers are seen as being inefficient, except for those who go the extra mile so see that things work, out of passion for the job regardless of the poor salary.

"In some cases, a single teacher will be asked to teach four different subjects. How on earth can a teacher teach Mathematics, English Language, Science and Social Studies to mention but a few, effectively to pupils within a week? What course could that teacher possibly have read at tertiary education? Corona is neither a non-fee paying school nor a cheap private school, and as such isn't expected to practice this, especially at sixty.

"Some of us are coerced into doubling as lecturers in the Corona College of Education, without any written agreement or adequate compensation. As a matter of fact, the Corona College of Education is just a fraud.

"Interestingly same teachers will be employed by other benchmark schools and offered better salary package; sometimes up to five times Corona salary. I am more baffled that this act has not for once moved Corona Schools' Trust."

According to another source in the school, Mrs Igun also created a fraudulent recruitment channel tagged Corona I-teach Programme.

“Fresh university graduates, without any prior teaching experience or education specialty certificates are recruited and trained over a period of 3 months. A few of them, who have networks in the Trust Council, are selected for employment and deployed to various Corona School.” The remuneration package of this category of teachers is stupendously high. They get preferential treatments over and above the seasoned teachers that trained them. Their grave errors are swept under the carpet while their every little achievements are hyped. They are untouchable to even the management staff, in the respective schools.

"In a nutshell, the Sulaiman and Igun-led administration has reduced Corona teachers to paupers, with the stringent capitalist policies tagged ‘austerity’ in a period of economic boom for the school.

“We are not allowed to unionize and vocal staff identified, meets with summary dismissal."

Concerted efforts made by this media house to get across to the school’s management through telephone calls, short text messages and emails proved abortive, as they failed to respond.

https://www.nairaland.com/2701698/teachers-reveal-decaying-corona-schoolsI..

Hmmmmm......
Ngwa,, over 2 u!

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sammysparkle(m): 8:58am On Mar 18, 2016
Please I need a teaching job.I stay in ikorodu.I'm a graduate in political science with 2 years teaching experience.please help a brother
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 18, 2016
Thanks to all who helped me yesterday. Lemme give feedback even tho I didn't get the job info here. It went well by God's grace. The test was for one and half hours. It entailed grammar, comprehension, summary and aptitude test. Then I filled d salary form o grin . I'm hoping to get a positive news from them by God's grace. God bless u all.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adexy4us(m): 12:23pm On Mar 18, 2016
cherrymum:
Thanks to all who helped me yesterday. Lemme give feedback even tho I didn't get the job info here. It went well by God's grace. The test was for one and half hours. It entailed grammar, comprehension, summary and aptitude test. Then I filled d salary form o grin . I'm hoping to get a positive news from them by God's grace. God bless u all.

good... if God wills nobody can say no...I can it coming
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 18, 2016
Finally, another holiday. Been so long!!!

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2016
cherrymum:

So how much u con quote 4 d salary form biko?

#salivating
#10%tinz

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Funpeter: 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2016
2Str8:
You call this holiday.....when school resume 3rd and waec starts on 5th...Nna this not holiday.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 18, 2016
Funpeter:
You call this holiday.....when school resume 3rd and waec starts on 5th...Nna this not holiday.
Dunno about u but my holiday ends April 22

Guys plz i need ur assistance. My lil' sis has been searching 4 job, last month she had 2 interviews-whytecleon-transaction office and a new microfinance institution-loan/credit officer. Today she got a congratulatory text and invite for collection of appointment letter from the latter next week monday.

She is excited (salary 50k according to an insider-other benefits we dont know, that is if there are any) but im a bit skeptical. Dunno whether to discourage her. Being a loan or credit officer means meeting certain targets and this coy is just about to take off. More like a test-run. However the whytecleon position is contract(and nothing concrete, jst awaiting the second stage of interview process).

I jst want the best for her and i feel this risk may nt b worth it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 1:23am On Mar 19, 2016
2Str8:

Guys plz i need ur assistance. My lil' sis has been searching 4 job, last month she had 2 interviews-whytecleon-transaction office and a new microfinance institution-loan/credit officer. Today she got a congratulatory text and invite for collection of appointment letter from the latter next week monday.

She is excited (salary 50k according to an insider-other benefits we dont know, that is if there are any) but im a bit skeptical. Dunno whether to discourage her. Being a loan or credit officer means meeting certain targets and this coy is just about to take off. More like a test-run. However the whytecleon position is contract(and nothing concrete, jst awaiting the second stage of interview process).

Odiegwu!
Between d fire & deep sea.
Hmmmmm...................

#stalemate
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mztemmy(f): 6:36am On Mar 19, 2016
Pls I need to know if there is any vacancy in Ogun state,sango ota to be precise.I have my NCE for physics and integrated science

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:25am On Mar 19, 2016
cherrymum:

now this is what we are talking about.
Nice feedback cherry!

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:28am On Mar 19, 2016
2Str8:

smiles..welc back aboard. we missed u bro

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:41am On Mar 19, 2016
2Str8:

A saying goes "a bird at hand is worth more than two in the bush". she should give it a shot first and see how it goes. she should not stop job hunting even while she is there. she may find a great offer elsewhere even while she hasnt completed one month. and then she can change at d end of the month and if she doesnt find within a month then well she still has something to fall back to

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 8:43am On Mar 19, 2016
Mztemmy:
Pls I need to know if there is any vacancy in Ogun state,sango ota to be precise.I have my NCE for physics and integrated science

there are...just stick closely to this thread but in d meantime use ur legediz benz check around ur area n submit ur cv.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Mztemmy(f): 9:20am On Mar 19, 2016
upload111:

there are...just stick closely to this thread but in d meantime use ur legediz benz check around ur area n submit ur cv.
thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by sekzy99(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2016
Since 1960, Nigeria has been either ruled by an ex-lecturer/ex-teacher or military man. The only exceptions are Azikiwe and Shonekan.

There's hope that one of the teachers here will someday be our president den

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by afynwa(f): 10:04am On Mar 19, 2016
Good morning house, pls who knows the salary structure of Radiance Nur/PRI sch festac.Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
Sammysparkle:
Please I need a teaching job.I stay in ikorodu.I'm a graduate in political science with 2 years teaching experience.please help a brother

Send pm to manie.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2016
Mztemmy:

Send pm to stenon.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by skydude(m): 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
Please any one in Ikorodu whenever you see living stone college abeg run for your life if not you just used your hand to dig your grave,
I signed a contract with them by January ending and up till this day we never use eyes see Feb salary,and they get population like sand sand but the owner na witch craft him they practice because I see no reason why any human should be doing such, he got about 64 annexes and even a poly in fact the students of the poly just burnt his school because of Unaccredition of courses, them done graduate and they got no cert,
You would do 10 test, 10 assignment, 10 classwork, na so you go record,infact you got to write lesson plan for at least 3 subjects, no teacher must teach below a period of 30 periods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by skydude(m): 3:42pm On Mar 19, 2016
Though if you feel like working there, their recruitment venue is at olowu in ikorodu and you would be given an annex close to your house,salart scale is graduates BA/BSC 24-26 ,HND/OND 18 -20

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by skydude(m): 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2016
Ikorodu job hunters, those big schools like light house,kingsfield,kith and klin,sun star,and so on don't usually have openings this period of time,they usually have opening by September, so start dropping your cv around now,
Ikorodu frontiers let hook rub minds together

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Toakins: 4:18pm On Mar 19, 2016
Please post vacancies in Ibadan.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Redomi(m): 7:06pm On Mar 19, 2016
This thread is meant for Teachers looking for teacher job. But am looking for a female teacher, whom I can marry. Who will navigate one for me?

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by swaggprofessor(m): 7:56pm On Mar 19, 2016
Redomi:
This thread is meant for Teachers looking for teacher job.
But am looking for a female teacher, whom I can marry.
Who will navigate one for me?
Ask ur grand parents in the village they sure can navigate and pinpoint a village girl for u. u can thank me later.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) (560) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.