Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (961) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2578265 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by OfficialMrsJ: 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
I do home lessons, so parents around Agbara and Opic Estate who want home lessons for their primary school children kindly call me on 07060670032. Thank you
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by yazga: 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
Jeweltz:

I'm surprised you don't know about the big four

PWC, KPMG, DELLOITE, EY
KPMG is where you learn not where you have a career
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Pascopele: 5:45pm On Feb 20, 2020
You know what I hate about Nigeria schools? They charge parents excessively and pay teachers peanuts! Imagine paying Basic Tuition of N350,000 (they are other expenses- books, clubs etc) and you pay teachers N30,000 monthly. Its just wrong! Can't teachers do something?

We have teachers association or Union, right? Can't they protest to be paid fairly?

While I do understand these are private schools and the salaries are based on the proprietress or board of trustees discretion I still find it absurd! There should be a minimum wage for this. It shouldn't just be acceptable because "its my school and that's what I will pay". The impact of teachers CANNOT be underestimated.

What can be done?

Can we report ministry of education?
Do you know their handle or email? Please with it!

Thanks.
grin
You know what I hate about Nigeria schools? They charge parents excessively and pay teachers peanuts! Imagine paying Basic Tuition of N350,000 (they are other expenses- books, clubs etc) and you pay teachers N30,000 monthly. Its just wrong! Can't teachers do something?

We have teachers association or Union, right? Can't they protest to be paid fairly?

While I do understand these are private schools and the salaries are based on the proprietress or board of trustees discretion I still find it absurd! There should be a minimum wage for this. It shouldn't just be acceptable because "its my school and that's what I will pay". The impact of teachers CANNOT be underestimated.

What can be done?

Can we report ministry of education?
Do you know their handle or email? Please with it!

Thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Jeweltz(f): 6:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
yazga:
KPMG is where you learn not where you have a career

Why

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by anochuko01(m): 4:53pm On Feb 22, 2020
Mike4S:
All these hungry non education graduates are the reason why some employers of labour are paying peanut to teachers. They will go and take the job hoping to use it as a stepping stone.
It is very rare to find an education degree certificate holder that knows his onions that is condescending to that low.
Even my after school lesson is equal to some amount some employers are quoting here. How can one survive with that amount
havent you seen your so called education graduates people working at the bank
you cant blame anyone here oga....
thats what this country has turned everyone to!

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by heybel(m): 10:57am On Feb 24, 2020
A reputable school is in needs of a maths/physics teacher who stays around sango ota/owode/ifo axis of Ogun state.
Accommodation is available
send ur cv to adeduwonabel10@gmail.com
Application close on monday 02/03/2020
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by tosinman: 10:14pm On Feb 24, 2020
There is an urgent vacancy for the Post of a mathematics teacher in a school at Mowe. The applicant must reside in Mowe ONLY and must be very Sound in Mathematics.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ASPIREX: 10:40am On Feb 25, 2020
My niece works with a large schools network.

I just learnt that they are recruiting for their different Lagos campuses.

Both experienced and fresh positions in different disciplines available.

Locations; Ajah, Festac, Satellite Town, Isolo, Ikotun/Idimu, Ikorodu, Agege, Gbagada, Mushin, Oshodi.

Salary I understand is 60,000 ( 3 years experience plus).

Fresh entrants are 30,000 for non Education graduates while Certified Education degree holders get 40k.

Interested candidates should send in their CV to aspirelagos@gmail.com.

Pls note that the selection process is quite rigorous. There will be written tests and a physical interview among other appraisal methods.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by bellakay: 11:16am On Feb 25, 2020
Urgent Vacancy!!!

An FEMALE EXPERIENCED Nursery Teacher Needed for immediate employment.
Salary- 30-40k (depending on your level of experience)

Send your Cv to abuisabella99@gmail.com

(Please if you have no experience, you won’t be interviewed)
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ASPIREX: 11:24am On Feb 25, 2020
I just drove through Fagba Bus Stop on Iju road.

I observed that the new Secondary School being built but the Catholic Archdiocese of Lagos was nearing completion stage.

Roofing has been concluded, windows installed, and the fence is now up.

This looks like a really large school. It may likely employ over 100 teachers. Interested candidates may wish to apply. Your best approach is to inquire through the Archdiocesan educational board/committee/commission.

A visit to a nearby Catholic church may provide answers.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adeapex(m): 5:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
Good evening all. Could anyone please recommend any institution running weekend PGDE program (within Lagos/Ogun axis) in Ifo, Sango, Ota, and Abule Egba ? ( Not NOUN and NTI)
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by abelee(m): 9:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
TEACHERS NEEDED URGENTLY.
People living around Dopemu, Iyana-Ipaja, Egbeda, Ikeja.

*Walk-in interviews.
Date: Wednesday 26th February to Friday 6th March 2020.

*2 Experienced Nursery Teachers.

*2 Experienced Primary Teachers.

*1 Science Teacher for College to teach this combination: MATH/ PHYSICS/FURTHER MATH.

*1 Science Teacher for College to teach this combination: BIOLOGY/ Physical & Health Education/BASIC TECHNOLOGY

*1Cleaner

Apply with handwritten application and attach all results/credentials to:
THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER.
ELKANAH SCHOOLS, LAGOS.
11, Mohammed Street, off Oladipupo Fafore Street, Santos Layout, Akowonjo,Lagos.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Proselling: 10:05am On Feb 26, 2020
A well known School located on Akute/Alagbole Road, Ogun State wishes to fill the following positions;

Teachers - Primary, Junior and Senior Secondary; NCE, B.ED, B.Sc, HND, (20,000 - 50,000)

Front Desk Executives - Good SSCE, ND, NCE, B.Sc, HND (18,000 - 25,000)

Cleaners; SSCE (15,000)

Drivers; SSCE (30,000)

Interested candidates should send in their applications through;
growth2014@gmail.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nanomat: 10:30am On Feb 26, 2020
A secondary school in Ibadan, close to Gbagi, is in need of a Biology/Agric teacher. May be part time or fulltime. If you're interested contact ossescou2 @ gmail . com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by yazga: 4:11pm On Feb 26, 2020
I am sorry I cant spit it out here, you shall find out soon enough
Jeweltz:

Why
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Bifrost: 1:53am On Feb 27, 2020
Profmaojo:
teach for Nigeria is recruiting... goggle search

Hey man, I applied a few days ago, how long till we hear from them for assessment and other recruitment process?
It looks like an interesting and rewarding experience, I don't want to get caught up with another thing and then they start calling for assessment and interview

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by jeftallion: 5:17am On Feb 27, 2020
Bifrost:

Hey man, I applied a few days ago, how long till we hear from them for assessment and other recruitment process?
It looks like an interesting and rewarding experience, I don't want to get caught up with another thing and then they start calling for assessment and interview
If you are succcessful next week ,you get the link for the assessment.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Profmaojo: 2:08pm On Feb 27, 2020
Bifrost:

I heard after June 7, if there is no information..we should know that one is not acccepted
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by gpercuxionz(m): 1:31pm On Feb 28, 2020
abelee:
TEACHERS NEEDED URGENTLY.
People living around Dopemu, Iyana-Ipaja, Egbeda, Ikeja.

*Walk-in interviews.
Date: Wednesday 26th February to Friday 6th March 2020.

*2 Experienced Nursery Teachers.

*2 Experienced Primary Teachers.

*1 Science Teacher for College to teach this combination: MATH/ PHYSICS/FURTHER MATH.

*1 Science Teacher for College to teach this combination: BIOLOGY/ Physical & Health Education/BASIC TECHNOLOGY

*1Cleaner

Apply with handwritten application and attach all results/credentials to:
THE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER.
ELKANAH SCHOOLS, LAGOS.
11, Mohammed Street, off Oladipupo Fafore Street, Santos Layout, Akowonjo,Lagos.
the science teacher that will take up the job of that maths/physics and further maths should just sign his death warrant too and get a will with a lawyer.... Wickedness and you expect effective performance from that teacher.. Some schools self... undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by deltateam: 8:00pm On Feb 28, 2020
gpercuxionz:
the science teacher that will take up the job of that maths/physics and further maths should just sign his death warrant too and get a will with a lawyer.... Wickedness and you expect effective performance from that teacher.. Some schools self... undecided undecided

If the pay is up to #90 000 that's justifiable but you will be shocked to hear, #25 000.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by deltateam: 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
ASPIREX:
My niece works with a large schools network.

I just learnt that they are recruiting for their different Lagos campuses.

Both experienced and fresh positions in different disciplines available.

Locations; Ajah, Festac, Satellite Town, Isolo, Ikotun/Idimu, Ikorodu, Agege, Gbagada, Mushin, Oshodi.

Salary I understand is 60,000 ( 3 years experience plus).

Fresh entrants are 30,000 for non Education graduates while Certified Education degree holders get 40k.

Interested candidates should send in their CV to aspirelagos@gmail.com.

Pls note that the selection process is quite rigorous. There will be written tests and a physical interview among other appraisal methods.

You should have called it, a military drill.

On top #40 000? Probably without accommodation.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Adeapex(m): 3:00am On Feb 29, 2020
Please, how can i get Lower secondary checkpoint Mathematics scheme of work according to term and their respective lesson notes ( in soft copy) for grade 7-9 ?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by noob03saibot(m): 4:42am On Feb 29, 2020
deltateam:

If the pay is up to #90 000 that's justifiable but you will be shocked to hear, #25 000.
you are saying 25,000. Lol! When the teacher in that position who handles Ss2 and SS3 in my former place of work is earning 18,000. Me, I thank God I left that school. Some people are just wicked. And the b!tch that owns the school didn't pay them for December even though they worked for two weeks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by deltateam: 6:45am On Feb 29, 2020
noob03saibot:
you are saying 25,000. Lol! When the teacher in that position who handles Ss2 and SS3 in my former place of work is earning 18,000. Me, I thank God I left that school. Some people are just wicked. And the b!tch that owns the school didn't pay them for December even though they worked for two weeks.

They are entitled to every month's salary so far they are full staff irrespective of whether they work or not as long as the school wasn't in session for that period.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ASPIREX: 8:17am On Feb 29, 2020
deltateam:

You should have called it, a military drill.

On top #40 000? Probably without accommodation.

Unfortunately, I don't have a name for it.

I am rather full of commendation.

My niece has worked there for 3 years running and she had been somewhat independent of us.

I wish more Nigerians could invest in these kinds of schools that will provide a learning platform for serious minded people to use as a stepping stone to greater heights.

On this thread I have read many posters bashing school owners, calling them all manners of names and making their efforts look inglorious. It's very sad because each post is a direct reflection of the maturity of its writer.

Most of you have never walked in the shoes of an entrepreneur before and therefore have no understanding of the fact that some of these schools are barely managing to survive.

Quit complaining, at the very best consider setting up your own school and then pay the Oil industry or banking sector standard.

Otherwise try to offer some appreciation no matter how little you perceive their efforts to be.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ASPIREX: 8:21am On Feb 29, 2020
noob03saibot:

Another very ungrateful fellow here.

You joined the staff. The pay was bad even from day one....yet you still joined. No dignity whatsoever.

You used their paltry money to fund your search for something better. You also gained some experience in teaching or maybe in human interaction.

And after all said and done you did not benefit anything from working there. Not even a friendship or association.

Wow!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by noob03saibot(m): 9:33am On Feb 29, 2020
deltateam:

They are entitled to every month's salary so far they are full staff irrespective of whether they work or not as long as the school wasn't in session for that period.
all staff, all of them. None were paid. Serious injustice, Some f*ggots are just exploiting people due to the situation of things. Had to man up and leave.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by noob03saibot(m): 9:39am On Feb 29, 2020
ASPIREX:

Another very ungrateful fellow here.

You joined the staff. The pay was bad even from day one....yet you still joined. No dignity whatsoever.

You used their paltry money to fund your search for something better. You also gained some experience in teaching or maybe in human interaction.

And after all said and done you did not benefit anything from working there. Not even a friendship or association.

Wow!
you are in no position to judge me. I don't remember mentioning you, so why mention me? You can go ahead and employ staff and pay them 18,000 a month if you so wish and be tagging friendship and experience to it. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ONNYX: 10:28am On Feb 29, 2020
noob03saibot:
you are in no position to judge me. I don't remember mentioning you, so why mention me? You can go ahead and employ staff and pay them 18,000 a month if you so wish and be tagging friendship and experience to it. Good luck

No need to quarrel with the guy.

You guys have a divergence of views. Thats all there is to it. No need to quarrel bro.

I tend to relate with his position. I disagree that the economy is the cause of the problem.
Several factors including but not limited to the poor quality of products being churned out by the system.

Business owners including School owners should be regarded as heroes because keeping the school or business running is no easy feat in this economy.

I propose that people should just use the schools as a stepping stone to greater heights.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by noob03saibot(m): 11:52am On Feb 29, 2020
ONNYX:

No need to quarrel with the guy.

You guys have a divergence of views. Thats all there is to it. No need to quarrel bro.

I tend to relate with his position. I disagree that the economy is the cause of the problem.
Several factors including but not limited to the poor quality of products being churned out by the system.

Business owners including School owners should be regarded as heroes because keeping the school or business running is no easy feat in this economy.

I propose that people should just use the schools as a stepping stone to greater heights.
OK brother. I won't argue with him no more. Exactly what I did, I used them as a stepping stone. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (958) (959) (960) (961) (962) (963) (964) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.