Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

The ‘kid’ In Wizkid - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The ‘kid’ In Wizkid (2796 Views)

Toyin Lawani's Son Is The Most Stylish Kid In Nigeria? Check His Birthday Photos / When The Two Ladies In Wizkid's Life Watched Him Perform At The Rhythm Unplugged / The ‘kid’ In Wizkid By ’nonye Ben-nwankwo And Ademola Olonilua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by airedales: 5:26am On Sep 07, 2013
Wizkid
It all started as a joke, he was simply somebody who nobody would give a second glance. That era has gone. Today, he is an A-list act, headlining shows, getting endorsement deals and basically, making millions. He is called Wizkid.

No doubt, the young lad has paid his dues as it were, for few years back, nobody would have thought the ‘errand boy’ would grow to become this big. Indeed, his talents and luck, shone and now, Wizkid is a superstar.
But it seems stardom is getting to his head.
Recently, the Internet was agog when the singer called a fan ‘broke’ for correcting a grammatical error he made.
The singer posted on his instagram that he was about to perform at a wedding with ‘an hangover’. The crime of the fan was telling Wizkid the correct thing to say was ‘a hangover’.
His reply angered fans who quickly reminded him that he was not born rich and it was the ‘broke’ fans who made him who he is at the moment.
Wiz hasn’t only been misbehaving online. The kid took his arrogance to another height when he allegedly poured his drink on a fan in London.
Speculation has it that all the fan did was to reach out to Wizkid to greet him. Probably trying to impress an American hip-hop sensation, Wiz allegedly called the fan, Oloshi (Idiot). The shocked American took to instagram to talk about Wiz’s atiitude.
Although the kid was lucky in London, luck ran out when he allegedly tried ignoring fans who had been waiting to get a glimpse of him in Lagos. This time the fans physically reacted to his arrogance.
Dear Wiz was reportedly stoned by angry fans at the VFS Global Services, Lekki Phase 1 over the his arrogant attitude and his refusal to part with some naira notes despite the much accolades he got from the cheering crowd who were so elated to catch a glimpse of him.
Apparently our wonder boy was in a foul mood or perharps, he wasn’t given a visa for he ‘boned’ and shunned the cheering crowd as he walked arrogantly into the waiting Porsche Cayenne.
It was gathered that Wizkid’s silence and arrogance got the cheering fans angrier and they stoned him as he drove off. Unfortunately for Wizkid, one of the stones hit his side mirror but he didn’t bother stopping anyway.
At the moment, not a few are angry with the kid and his attitude. Some fans told Saturday Beat that it was high time they “boycotted Wizkid.”
Another fan Reginald said, “Wizzy is just a kid and that is what he will be until he grows up! Let’s keep praying he grows soon.”
source : .com

1 Like

Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by kayjasper(f): 5:38am On Sep 07, 2013
Lollz.....Wizzy, your sunlight is going dim!

Be careful of Naija fans, when they are turned off, the can't be turned on!

But hey, cut him some slack. He is still a kid.
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by Nobody: 6:02am On Sep 07, 2013
Haters! Make them hang for wire...typical naija pull down syndrome.

He is human n mistakes are inevitable in life.

You never knew his intent when he called the "fan broke"; it could be a poor attempt at humour. Its nt everyone u snap pictures or greet when you go out same for wizzy also. Not trying to rationalise any misdeed but please easy with the HATE.
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by Swagakid(m): 7:57am On Sep 07, 2013
he shud consider d fact dat his fans luv him both home nd abroad...he shud jez try to control his lirru angry tempers...anywayz#Grow up wizzy#....luv yhu#no homo#
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by NnamdiN: 8:02am On Sep 07, 2013
Shebi wizzy don correct dis issue since He didn't insult his fans, just one f o ol that insulted him. True fans don't insult celebs. What on earth would make me insult 2baba or psquare. Nothing
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by ednut1(m): 8:02am On Sep 07, 2013
So u sat down to type dis shit, keep typing while d kid is makin money u can't phantom
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by sultanemerald(m): 8:04am On Sep 07, 2013
mitwitdot: Haters! Make them hang for wire...typical naija pull down syndrome.

You never knew his intent when he called the "fan broke"; it could be a poor attempt at humour. Its nt everyone u snap pictures or greet when you go out same for wizzy also. Not trying to rationalise any misdeed but please easy with the HATE.

typical nigerian. everything is about hate. why not be rational? this was a report.

3 Likes

Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 8:27am On Sep 07, 2013
wizzy baby am flying .everyday me am shiny,make una live the guy jare,- everyday he is getting paid

1 Like

Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by Vivly(f): 8:38am On Sep 07, 2013
If i move to the left them go to talk,
if i move to the right them go talk
abeg leave story
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by Fussbot: 8:56am On Sep 07, 2013
ednut1: So u sat down to type dis shit, keep typing while d kid is makin money u can't phantom
so as in con type naw,in con mean sae in too no go get money?hun?
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by Fussbot: 9:04am On Sep 07, 2013
sultanemerald:

typical nigerian. everything is about hate. why not be rational? this was a report.
tank u jhor bro..everthing is bout hate 2 dos fools

i just do wonder?y on earth wld i hate him,am i in d industy or wat? Am also his fan bt lets be rational wen we nid to...shld he have a bad attitude has reported he should amend and if he doesnt..na in life

1 Like

Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by JbravoAdodger(m): 11:10am On Sep 07, 2013
Hayyteers....come out and plaayyayy!!!
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by pomporiking: 12:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
They say they hate him but won't leave him alone
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by psky: 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2013

C'mon man, poor attempt at humour? Seriously? It's obvious the money he's making is getting to his head. And ofcourse you don't greet everybody, but that does not mean you should pour your drink on them!
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by psky: 12:41pm On Sep 07, 2013
The IQ of some of our youths is shamefully depressing. Any attempt at critically assessing an individual is termed hating.

1 Like

Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by albiol: 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
Cut him some slack if he doesn't do stuffs like dis when he's young when will he do them. U are a celebrity doesn't mean u are perfect.
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by NellyGhenghen(m): 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
This guy has gotta chill... if any1 ever told me Eedris would shaa, i'd say it was a lie.

1 Like

Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by Double194(m): 3:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
This is one of the reasons I love Olamide. Almost same age with Wizkid yet he is soooo full of respect.
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by kayjasper(f): 5:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
Guys easy on me o!

I can't believe all the love am getting.

Anyway, just check my link "kayjay" below, I might do u a favour!

**winks
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by idupaul: 11:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
ednut1: So u sat down to type dis shit, keep typing while d kid is makin money u can't phantom

Its Fathom dude and not Phantom
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by oduaboy1: 11:29pm On Sep 07, 2013

You should be tied and thrown into the river ezu,nitwits like you should'nt be using the internet,let me hammer something into your damp,rusty brain"he is a celebrity"and without his fans he is nothing.
Re: The ‘kid’ In Wizkid by oduaboy1: 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2013
Mrniceguyjohn: wizzy baby am flying .everyday me am shiny,make una live the guy jare,- everyday he is getting paid
Me and you are making him getting paid,or is the money dropping from heaven.

(1) (Reply)

Uche Jombo Talks About Why She Left Home At 14 & Marriage With Thecla Wilkie / My Dad Still Don’t Support My Music With All Of My Fame And Money — Olamide / Photos: New Pictures From Runtown’s Photoshot In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.