Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,164 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. (37097 Views)

Six Types Of People You Meet In The Banking Hall / Six Types Of People You Will Meet At The Banking Hall / Four Types Of Annoying Nairalanders You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:20am On Sep 07, 2013
Nigerians are everywhere. Including the internet. Especially the internet, and like anywhere you find us, you’ll most likely come across annoying Nigerians that make you just want to buy an assault rifle (asides those telling you they are princes and have billions in a foreign account. I mean, how many Naija peeps will fall for that?). I’ve taken a bit of time out to categorize my five most annoying set of Nigerian on the internet.

1 The LOL Monsters

Where you can find them: Facebook, Twitter, pretty much every social network there is.

[b]What makes them really annoying: [/b]These guys just type LOL to everything you post on social networks. I had breakfast: lol. My boyfriend dumped me: lol. My husband’s plane crashed and he is currently in coma and the doctor said he might have to undergo a sex change to save his life: lol. Sometimes, I begin to suspect that these guys don’t even know the meaning of the slang sef. There was once I got so pissed that I posted this on my Facebook timeline:

The response I got?

As some people say, I blame MTN for giving that person free MB!

http://zakuraweekly.com/six-types-of-annoying-nigerians-on-the-internet/

12 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by WCUB3(m): 9:21am On Sep 07, 2013
LOL grin grin

160 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:24am On Sep 07, 2013
2 The End Time Warriors

Where you can find them: Nairaland, primarily. I'm sure some people hav taken it to facebook, twitter, their office....

What makes them really annoying:
I don’t know who started this really silly trend on Nairaland but it has got really annoying. Honestly, this I have never found funny. What has the end time got to do with Davido posing with a car he recently bought? Or someone creates a thread to discuss a new Tecno phone and the next thing you see is end time things. Let me take a bit of time to let you guys that do this know something: IT IS NOT FUNNY! And if some people catch you doing this in real life, you might get shot. It has got so bad that when my pastor mentions “end time” in church, I roll my eyes (to our Nairalanders, not the man!). I am only grateful this crap hasn’t spread to other sites, else, discussion online with my fellow Naija people will become pointless.

Photo Evidence:

10 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by DJDOLA(m): 9:31am On Sep 07, 2013
Like some idiot...no matter how u used ur energy 2 type words when u are chating wit them..they will just reply u....K....I almost break my fone wit annoyance when one girl am trying 2 woo reply me wit K upon d whalah I used 2 compose sweet words

45 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:33am On Sep 07, 2013
3: The Pointless Commentators

Where you can find them: Nairaland (Again)

What makes them really annoying: Have you ever taken time out to craft a beautiful piece, an article that took so much time, energy and use of wikipedia and you’re looking forward to the erudite discussion that would follow after you’ve posted said discussion on Nairaland, only to see this:

Unfortunately, i’ve been a victim on more than one occassion and i’m beginning to wonder what I did to ASUU that they have refused to let certain people return to school. I mean, if you have nothing to say, don’t comment! Ahn ahn! Sometimes, some of them quote an entire post only to type “hmmm” at the end or “okay”. Honestly, if it were possible for me to find some of the people doing this, they would be carrying the marks of a huge frying pan on the sides of their faces.

More Photo evidence:

7 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:39am On Sep 07, 2013
4: The “Shake-Ya-Moneymakers”

Where you can find them: Goal.com comments section, Nairaland and pretty much everywhere else you can post a comment

What makes them really annoying: These are the guys that post ads everywhere, evening on articles reporting a tragedy. They promise you can make one billion dollars from your bedroom if you buy one silly eBook or follow their “infallible” procedure. One wonders why they keep posting spam in the comments section of blogs and on forums if they have made said billion dollars. And their grammar is usually so atrocious, it makes you wonder how someone with such ridiculous sentence structure managed to write a manual on how to make $1000 in thirty minutes.

Photo Evidence:

14 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:42am On Sep 07, 2013
5: The Random Fighters

Where you can find them: Same as the moneymakers above, but more especially on Nairaland

What makes them really annoying: These guys just make random comments to piss people off so they can start off a slagging match just for the fun of it. It is people like these that derail threads by just plain insulting others and making next to no point at all. Especially on Nairaland, after like three pages of comments on a thread, you begin to wonder what exactly the thread was originally about. Online, most of them like to think they are like this:

In reality, a number of them look like this:

and if they do this in real life, they would probably look like this:

It would be really interesting to see how some of this people would fare in an actual boxing ring!

43 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by emorse(m): 9:43am On Sep 07, 2013
W-CUB3:
LOL grin grin
Guy abeg watch my back for me incase u see bullets flying in my direction cos of what I'm about to say.
End time tinz! K. Lol.

73 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by njideoby(f): 9:43am On Sep 07, 2013
It only goes to show you that it is only immature minded adolescents that have time for online social networking in Nigeria.
The matured minds might think that it does not matter.

1 Like

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by WCUB3(m): 9:44am On Sep 07, 2013
1st to comment. OMG!!! ENd TiMe ThINgs

3 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:46am On Sep 07, 2013
6: The Numbered Champions

Where you find them: Nairaland especially. I don’t know if some Nigerians have taken this to CNN’s website or Yahoo News.

What makes them really annoying: This trend was started about the same time comments sections came to blog posts on the internet, which was about like, 9000BC but we Nigerians only started ours in 2013 (way to be early to the party guys). Someone apparently thought it was funny to bring it back and I must admit it was once a bit hilarious to see “First to comment, dancing etighi”. But now it is funnier to watch third mainland bridge being painted (it is not funny at all). Not only do people take numbers for being first, second and third are also given thanks for. They should be the first, second and third to get banned on the thread.

Photo Evidence:

Okay, fine, I admit, that last one was quite funny sha….but the rest are still annoying!

So here are just six types of annoying Nigerians on the internet. There are still more, which I will post much later, so part 2 is coming soon so *Nollywood movie advertisement voice* WATCH OUT! And when it comes out make sure you *Nollywood movie advertisement voice*GRAB YOUR….*well, you can’t call it a copy now, can you?*…well, that’s all!

(To round this up, here is a WAEC question for you. The following picture has certain, er, grammatical errors. Spot them and correct them. Full workings must be shown)

15 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by WCUB3(m): 9:46am On Sep 07, 2013
Am so sorry Master Sebon after reading your post I just couldnt resist the urge to try out those things. Am usually not like this I Swear smiley

1 Like

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by ifeegee(f): 9:47am On Sep 07, 2013
This post is so funny that I'm actually LOL!!!!
Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by RINE1: 9:48am On Sep 07, 2013
Please click 'like' if you know the Op is right.

41 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 9:51am On Sep 07, 2013
W-CUB3:
Am so sorry Master Sebon after reading your post I just couldnt resist the urge to try out those things. Am usually not like this I Swear smiley

You are hereby forgiven! Oya kneel so I can pray for you that the lol, k, endtime and first to comment spirits do not possess you!

2 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by emorse(m): 9:58am On Sep 07, 2013
W-CUB3:
you be my twin brother ni? lol. I just had to indulge I tell ya.
@OP. Just ignore jare. These ppl thrive on audience. Remember the garri force of last year? They got so much attention and it made them so strong. I think I even made one garri comment sef. So just ignore and/or enjoy abeg.
BTW, I'm dancing Azonto on dis ur thread o.
#very big grin#

1 Like

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by LordReed(m): 10:03am On Sep 07, 2013
I would have been first to comment but end time thinz stopped me from making a pointless comment. Yes I used to look like kwashiorkor man but now I am a 300 hunk so don't lemme go mediaeval on your a$$. If you know what is good for you, you'll subscribe to my get rich quick scam scheme so LOL!

24 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by Ishilove: 10:43am On Sep 07, 2013
Lol

tongue tongue grin
Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by Ishilove: 10:51am On Sep 07, 2013
Okay, enough. grin

Hilarious posts and responses. Nice job, Senb. As usual wink

The worst kind for me are those who will quote the entire post only to comment "okay" at the end. Really annoying when you scroll down endlessly, and then to your chagrin find "hmmmm" at the end angry

11 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 07, 2013
Ishilove: Okay, enough. grin

The worst kind for me are those who will quote the entire post only to comment "okay" at the end. Really annoying when you scroll down endlessly, and then to your chagrin find "hmmmm" at the end angry

grin grin

scientists need to come up with a virtual hand that can perform actions online like they were real

I'll so slap some peeps hereangry

2 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by naptu2: 11:23am On Sep 07, 2013
Ishilove: Okay, enough. grin

Those things usually annoy and irritate me, but there's one incident that I'll never forget.

Someone posted a very long article. Just as I was thinking that someone would quote the entire thing and write "k" I saw two posts. The first poster wrote "One mumu will soon quote the entire post and write rubbish". The second poster quoted him and wrote, "I don't know what's wrong with those people. Someone needs to do something about it". Then a guy comes along, quotes the entire article (the first post) and writes "I am that mumu".

I almost fell off my chair.

209 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by Leopantro: 11:27am On Sep 07, 2013
Hahahaha. this is hilarious. I'm so addicted to nairaland. you guys make my day

7 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by decode55(m): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2013
lol lawl grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by homesteady(m): 11:52am On Sep 07, 2013
naptu2:

Those things usually annoy and irritate me, but there's one incident that I'll never forget.

Someone posted a very long article. Just as I was thinking that someone would quote the entire thing and write "k" I saw two posts. The first poster wrote "One mumu will soon quote the entire post and write rubbish". The second poster quoted him and wrote, "I don't know what's wrong with those people. Someone needs to do something about it". Then a guy comes along, quotes the entire article (the first post) and writes "I am that mumu".

I almost fell off my chair.

This got me laughing for like 10 minutes!! LOOOOOOOOOOL

14 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by AbuMikey(m): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
Okay!!

Am done reading this Piece of excellent cognitive reasoning and "Bad Bellied" exclamation.
Above all,I can boldly say......

All izz well

1 Like

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by HezronLorraine(m): 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
Oga Naptu2,u killed me with laughter.
@Op,so true.only once I've I said the end time tnz here on NL.others,I'm free of.
Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by ZN2: 3:03pm On Sep 07, 2013
The faithful members of the Ga.rri corps should be in that list, no? grin

2 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by seedord247(m): 3:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
7... The Garri Nations.

Where you can find them... NAIRALAND grin

4 Likes

Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by niyitogun(m): 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
LOL
Re: Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On The Internet. by ebucha: 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
It should be Six Types Of Annoying Nigerians On Nairaland

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of Python Killed At Ajah This Morning / We Just Killed This Snake Tonight / Strange And Risky:Abuja Man Rides Bike With A Woman And Her Four Children(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.