Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,917 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much (2772 Views)

Hard Starting On Honda Legend / 2015 Honda Legend Revealed (With Pictures) / Nigerians Dont Care About High Mileage? - Is It True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by chucky234(m): 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2013
I often wonder why there no single Honda Legend on Nigeria roads like the Honda accord,I drove the 1999 Legend in 2004 though sold it after 8 months but the car was amazing especially the dashboard.
My question is why are there just few Legend on Nigeria roads while their accord (especially babyboy) counterpart can be found on every street.
Lets hear your opinion:
Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2013
chucky234: I often wonder why there no single Honda Legend on Nigeria roads like the Honda accord,I drove the 1999 Legend in 2004 though sold it after 8 months but the car was amazing especially the dashboard.
My question is why are there just few Legend on Nigeria roads while their accord (especially babyboy) counterpart can be found on every street.
Lets hear your opinion:

Simple reason is economics.

The Honda Accord comes with a wide range of engines - 1.6 I4, 1.8 I4, 2.0 I4, 2.2 I4, 2.3 I4, 2.4 I4, 3.0 V6.

The Honda Legend was only ever offered with V6 engines, which whilst being a larger, more luxurious car than the Accord, with a smoother ride, just won't appeal to the average Nigeria, who feels a V6 fuel-injected engine was created by Satan himself.

So it had limited appeal.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by chucky234(m): 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
Siena:

Simple reason is economics.

The Honda Accord comes with a wide range of engines - 1.6 I4, 1.8 I4, 2.0 I4, 2.2 I4, 2.3 I4, 2.4 I4, 3.0 V6.

The Honda Legend was only ever offered with V6 engines, which whilst being a larger, more luxurious car than the Accord, with a smoother ride, just won't appeal to the average Nigeria, who feels a V6 fuel-injected engine was created by Satan himself.

So it had limited appeal.
I think the bad impression about V6 has its origin from technically ineffecient mechanics.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by peterjero(m): 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
Honda Legend was way too big, came standard with auto tranny and you know our mechanics. As for me I prefer a manual tranny to auto.
Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by cardoctor(m): 4:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
Back in the UK I owned a 1998 Honda Legend 3.5 v6. It was just 2 years old then on an "s" reg plate and I must confess that it was one of the smoooooothest cars I've ever driven.
Ice cold ac.
Black leather seats.
Automatic.
Night club sound system.
Very powerful engine that never skipped a beat.
Perfect, perfect car. Only the S type Jaguar sport I bought later just about managed to compare with it.

That car gave me plenty of joy but had to sell it due to high fuel costs in the UK and also high insurance premiums.

The Chinese guy I sold it to occasionally called me to thank me for the ride.

Still wish it was still here.

Car-Doctor.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by chucky234(m): 5:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
car-doctor:
Back in the UK I owned a 1998 Honda Legend 3.5 v6. It was just 2 years old then on an "s" reg plate and I must confess that it was one of the smoooooothest cars I've ever driven.
Ice cold ac.
Black leather seats.
Automatic.
Night club sound system.
Very powerful engine that never skipped a beat.
Perfect, perfect car. Only the S type Jaguar sport I bought later just about managed to compare with it.

That car gave me plenty of joy but had to sell it due to high fuel costs in the UK and also high insurance premiums.

The Chinese guy I sold it to occasionally called me to thank me for the ride.

Still wish it was still here.

Car-Doctor.
I quite agree with you,its one of the smoothest ride I have driven,I'm planning buying newer model in future.
Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by aaidel(m): 8:54pm On Sep 08, 2013
is the honda legend still made in LHD most of the ones i saw when i searched where RHD
Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by nadico(m): 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
@ sienna please would you advise to buy one to buy a Nigerian used legend 98 model. used by a woman
Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by Nobody: 9:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
expensive to fix...nothing exceptional...comes only in 3.5l V6 engines... thus fuel economy not really outstanding... built only with auto transmission...need I say more?
Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by nadico(m): 11:16pm On Sep 08, 2013
@ smartchoice so are u saying one should run away from it even if it was given at a give away price.
Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
cheap cars are usually more expensive
nadico: @ smartchoice so are u saying one should run away from it even if it was given at a give away price.
Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by Cyberknight: 12:56am On Sep 09, 2013
nadico: @ sienna please would you advise to buy one to buy a Nigerian used legend 98 model. used by a woman

Also, free yourself of the "used by a woman" or "used by a banker" sales spiel. Daftest piece of rubbish I've ever heard. Don't buy a car on the strength of that. And re the car in question, the Legend is a luxury car. Translation: the buyers Honda Motor Co. targeted are not supposed to bewail the cost of petrol or maintenance.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by sultaan(m): 3:28am On Sep 09, 2013
Most car brought into the country (naija) not many will buy such big cars in Europe cost of fuel is astronomical.

In the US the Legend became Acura RL and Vigor the TL I think
Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by RipVanWink: 9:10am On Sep 09, 2013
i would flee from any car used by a woman as a high percentage of them dont hv a clue about cars or car engines....the mechanic could pour in the roadside measured oil for all they know...oil is oil,
Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by Kayharry(m): 11:54pm On Oct 07, 2020
The Fiction Batmobile Reborn in Nigeria With Redesign 1995 Honda Legend

http://kayharry.com/the-fiction-batmobile-reborn-in-nigeria/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Dont Drive Honda Legend Much by Originalsly: 3:39am On Oct 08, 2020
Hmmm...... spoiled that car. Not sure of the actual differences between the Honda Legend and the Acura Legend.... except that the Acura Legend was for the North American market. The 95 Legend was the last in the series... 91 to 95. That car was wayyy ahead of its time.... and even today.... if in great condition... fetches price in the US. Bought one... 92 Acura... hooked up.... guy had spent on it.....performance radiator and muffler ..air intake .... Ebachi springs..... that car was real classy and a thrill to drive... but it was much larger than it looked. It had a design fault that lead to overheating and warped engine head.... corrected in later TL models.Fuel consumption wasn't good... and premium fuel was a must....not good for theaverage Nigerian.

(1) (Reply)

Cars Dealers & Buyers Forum / Things To Know Before Washing My Car Engine. / Why You Should Buy An Hybrid Vehicle Instead ;)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.