Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,924 members, 7,810,554 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:59 AM

Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? (2245 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / BBC Calls Winners Chapel "Witchcraft Church" / Bishop Oyedepo's Winners' Chapel Accused Of Exploiting British Worshippers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 07, 2013
I think this is a church of God that preaches spiritual healing and cleansing. Its therefore ironical to see a health center attached to the Youth chapel (where the weekly services are held,) just close to the Main Auditorium.

When you get into the center, you see different categories of drugs, sick persons etc.

I guess, the Bishop by establishing an health care center obviously shows his lack of faith and questions his belief.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Gboliwe: 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2013
solidbroda: I think this is a church of God that preaches spiritual healing and cleansing. Its therefore ironical to see a health center attached to the Youth chapel (where the weekly services are held,) just close to the Main Auditorium.

When you get into the center, you see different categories of drugs, sick persons etc.

I guess, the Bishop by establishing an health care center obviously shows his lack of faith and questions his belief.
Your opinion. Even doctors testify they don't heal people. Who God shows mercy, He shows mercy

1 Like

Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Image123(m): 2:30pm On Sep 07, 2013
duh, it is not a sin.
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by ilaugh1: 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2013
so if those whose faith can not give them spiritual healing should be left to die abi? Mugun personified, that's what you are.
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
i_laugh: so if those whose faith can not give them spiritual healing should be left to die abi? Mugun personified, that's what you are.

A slave to Religion. That what u are
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by ilaugh1: 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2013
solidbroda:

A slave to Religion. That what u are

and what are you? I will rather be a slave to religion than to go with the type of mindset that you are. A slave to the devil.
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 07, 2013
i_laugh:

and what are you? I will rather be a slave to religion than to go with the type of mindset that you are. A slave to the devil.
There is no devil nor a God!
The only satan, devil and Gods amongst us are we the humans!
I'm slave to no one.
You are a slave to your own self and slave to your illusions and hallucinations
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by ilaugh1: 8:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
solidbroda:
There is no devil nor a God!
The only satan, devil and Gods amongst us are we the humans!
I'm slave to no one.
You are a slave to your own self and slave to your illusions and hallucinations

Keep dreaming. and keep wallowing in self delusion, thinking you know more than others.
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
i_laugh:

Keep dreaming. and keep wallowing in self delusion, thinking you know more than others.
I'm a student of Plato, Darwin, Aristotle. So, what do you expect of my knowledge?
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by ilaugh1: 9:13pm On Sep 07, 2013
solidbroda:
I'm a student of Plato, Darwin, Aristotle. So, what do you expect of my knowledge?

who cares whose student you are?
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by nora544: 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
Becaue peole learn that they cannot make miracles and now they build a health center, it is an other way to get money from the people. Before the stupid nigerians gave there tithing to this so called grat man of god that he can build it and when it is open they have to pay that they get help so he get two time mon ey from the same person and that is so bad.

that is thne same with the uiniversities.

Nigerians wake up.
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by 2good(m): 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2013
Gboliwe:
Your opinion. Even doctors testify they don't heal people. Who God shows mercy, He shows mercy

It is only religiously deluded doctors that say they don't heal people. Also try and stick to the topic
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
nora544: Becaue peole learn that they cannot make miracles and now they build a health center, it is an other way to get money from the people. Before the stupid nigerians gave there tithing to this so called grat man of god that he can build it and when it is open they have to pay that they get help so he get two time mon ey from the same person and that is so bad.

that is thne same with the uiniversities.

Nigerians wake up.
someone actually understands what I'm saying. 2million likes
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by hitman2911: 10:07pm On Sep 07, 2013
Winner chapel has medical centers in some of their big churches. There is also medical unit where people are treated free on service days.

The church never preached against medical treatment or check up. There are many pastors and members in the church who are also health care providers. Faith Oyedepo was treated in an hospital when she was sick and David Oyedepo always talk of when his child was taken to hospital one time or the other. Paul and Timothy had body infirmities as stated in the bible and have to use .some form of treatment. Jesus did not heal every one he met. It is ignorant xtians that kill themselves for lack of knowledge.

It is really disturbing how you guys come up here to distort facts. I worked in the church medical centre in Kaduna 10 years ago and served in the Winners chapel medical unit in different countries that I have lived.

I have seen miracles, I have seen patients already written off coming back to life. Only a fool doubts a proof In your own opinion the church fakes it so called miracles and also it should leave those who are sick to die without medical attention. So it is wrong for clinic to be established to cater for pregnant women, immunisation, delivery etc.

I understand. Canaanland has a large population with all mix of people coming in and out including those who don't believe in healing like you. So if you collapse while moving around on your fault finding mission, where should they have rushed you to? Oyedepo office or the clinic?

When I was in Kaduna, members mostly have their bill taken care by the church or home cell. If the "BRAINWASHED" members are tired of been EXPLOITED and ROBBED, it is for them to decide to leave or stay, don't be busy taking panadol for other peoples headache when they don't actually have headache.

Last word. MI & Tuface says if people don't talk about you that means you are NOBODY

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
hitman2911: Winner chapel has medical centers in some of their big churches. There is also medical unit where people are treated free on service days.

The church never preached against medical treatment or check up. There are many pastors and members in the church who are also health care providers. Faith Oyedepo was treated in an hospital when she was sick and David Oyedepo always talk of when his child was taken to hospital one time or the other. Paul and Timothy had body infirmities as stated in the bible and have to use .some form of treatment. It is ignorant xtians that kill themselves for lack of knowledge.

It is really disturbing how you guys come up here to distort facts. I worked in the church medical centre in Kaduna 10 years ago and served in the Winners chapel medical unit in different countries that I have lived.

I have seen miracles, I have seen patients already written off coming back to life. Only a fool doubts a proof In your own opinion the church fakes it so called miracles and also it should leave those who are sick to die without medical attention. So it is wrong for clinic to be established to cater for pregnant women, immunisation, delivery etc.

When I was in Kaduna, members mostly have their bill taken care by the church or home cell. If the "brainwashed" members are tired, then them leave, don't be busy taking panadol for other peoples headache when they don't actually have headache.

Last word. MI & Tuface says if people don't talk about you that means you are NOBODY

Yes we understand. From my own point of view, why does Oyedepo preach as if you going to the hospital is actually wrong!!
Like a Doctor in his health care center may diagnose an ailment on a patient and the Bishop would say, the Doctor is a liar, that such is not the patient's portion. And the patient go home with strong faith.
So, why is it that the bishop Knows that Doctors lie and at the same time still establish an health center?
Can you see a conflicting case here?
It is always good to look in-depth and not look shallow...

1 Like

Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Image123(m): 10:35pm On Sep 07, 2013
hitman2911: Winner chapel has medical centers in some of their big churches. There is also medical unit where people are treated free on service days.

The church never preached against medical treatment or check up. There are many pastors and members in the church who are also health care providers. Faith Oyedepo was treated in an hospital when she was sick and David Oyedepo always talk of when his child was taken to hospital one time or the other. Paul and Timothy had body infirmities as stated in the bible and have to use .some form of treatment. Jesus did not heal every one he met. It is ignorant xtians that kill themselves for lack of knowledge.

I understand. Canaanland has a large population with all mix of people coming in and out including those who don't believe in healing like you. So if you collapse while moving around on your fault finding mission, where should they have rushed you to? Oyedepo office or the clinic?

When I was in Kaduna, members mostly have their bill taken care by the church or home cell. If the "BRAINWASHED" members are tired of been EXPLOITED and ROBBED, it is for them to decide to leave or stay, don't be busy taking panadol for other peoples headache when they don't actually have headache.

Don't waste precious sentences on such as the OP. He is not interested in hearing all these.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Image123(m): 11:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
solidbroda:

Yes we understand. From my own point of view, why does Oyedepo preach as if you going to the hospital is actually wrong!!
Like a Doctor in his health care center may diagnose an ailment on a patient and the Bishop would say, the Doctor is a liar, that such is not the patient's portion. And the patient go home with strong faith.
So, why is it that the bishop Knows that Doctors lie and at the same time still establish an health center?
+1000
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by hitman2911: 11:04pm On Sep 07, 2013
solidbroda:

A doctor diagnosis being called a lie? Why was the guy placed there in the 1st place?
to diagnose falsehood. Mind u I worked in one these clinics as a young professional years ago.
I am not here to defend anybody but will discuss this issue as a christian medical mission professional. I have read David Oyedepo's books and listened to his tapes over the years. I cannot recall him saying the doctors are liars because of their diagnoses but rather that the patient should believed that they are healed because Jesus had paid for that sickness. Are you in the church or visit the clinic to have known how things really work?

Part of the function of the health centre is to certify that such patients are actually healed by running test to confirm. At least I have been in Canaanland for programmes and have seen lots of people coming to the clinic for different test after been prayed for. Some were actually healed while others were not. After healing Jesus told those healed to go for check up and have it confirmed. It is the ignorant that claimed to have been healed of diabetes without checking blood glucose level only to collapse and die at home.

Establishing Clinic in a church is not just for treatment but for prevention and control. Check ups, investigation and screening.

Finally , I can see that you have made up your mind despite all the examples I gave but am writing this for others to know the facts as I know things to be.
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 07, 2013
hitman2911:

A doctor diagnosis being called a lie? Why was the guy placed there in the 1st place?
to diagnose falsehood. Mind I worked in one these clinics as a young professional years ago.
I am not here defend anybody but will discuss this issue as a christian medical mission professional. I have read David Oyedepo's books and listened to his tapes over the years. I cannot recall him saying the doctors are liars because of their diagnoses but rather that the patient should believed that they are healed because Jesus had paid for that sickness. Are you in the church to have known how things real work?

Part of the function of the health centre is to certify such patients are actually healed by running test to confirm. At least I have been in Canaanland for programme and see lots of people coming to the clinic for different test after been prayed for. Some were actually healed while others were not. After healing Jesus told those healed to go for check up and have it confirmed. It is the ignorant that claimed to have been healed of diabetes without checking blood glucose level only to collapse and die at home.

Establishing Clinic in a church is not just treatment but for prevention and control. Check ups, investigation and screening.

Finally , I can see that you have made up your mind despite all the examples I gave but am writing this for others to know the facts as I know things to be.

You still do not understand! If Jesus had paid for your sickness, what is the meaning of sickness? Why go for check up.?
Its like, your father paid for your school fees in d bank, and yet you still wanna confirm with the bank if your father actually paid! Its like you don't trust your Dad etc.
So, if Jesus had paid for our sicknesses, must we go and do check up in the hospital to ascertain if truly Jesus paid? Aint that lack of faith and disbelief?

You said health centers in Winners are only for check ups right? But we have patients being admitted for days, stacks and piles of drugs etc. What is the essence of Jesus payment if you will still need to be fixed with drips and bunch of tablets to take for weeks?
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by tpia5: 3:51am On Sep 08, 2013
luke the disciple of Jesus, was a physician.

is that not in your own bible?
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 08, 2013
tpia@:
luke the disciple of Jesus, was a physician.

is that not in your own bible?
Jesus’ disciples had jobs that described them as
ordinary men of the day. Several were fisherman
and one was a tax collector. One was a political
zealot. None of them were theologians! They were
prone to mistakes, faults, misstatements, and lapses
in faith. In a sense, these men were remarkably
unremarkable!
Yet, as they learned from Jesus, listened to Him
pray, and watched Him interact with sinners, they
became a powerful force. They helped change the
world forever! In fact, their ministry continues in the
world today as we read the words they recorded in
the Bible.
Jesus Disciples' Jobs – What were their
occupations?
Andrew, like his brother Simon Peter, was one of
Jesus’ twelve disciples. And, like Peter, he was the
son of Joanna and Jona. Andrew was also a
fishermen on the Sea of Galilee, just like his brother,
Peter, and like their father before them.
Four disciples, Andrew, Peter, James and John were
fishermen prior to being called by Jesus to follow
Him.
As we see in John’s biography of Jesus, Andrew was
the first disciple to follow Jesus (John 1:35-42).
“After John was put in prison, Jesus went into
Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God. ‘The
time has come,’ he said. ‘The kingdom of God is
near. Repent and believe the good news!’
“As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw
Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into
the lake, for they were fishermen. ‘Come, follow me,’
Jesus said, ‘and I will make you fishers of men.’ At
once they left their nets and followed him.
“When he had gone a little farther, he saw James
son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat,
preparing their nets. Without delay he called them,
and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with
the hired men and followed him” (Mark 1:14-20).
Simon, called the zealot, is referred to in Luke 6:15,
“Matthew, Thomas, James son of Alphaeus, Simon
who was called the Zealot…”
Matthew was a tax collector, as we read in Matthew
9:9-13:
“As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named
Matthew sitting at the tax collector's booth. “Follow
me,” he told him, and Matthew got up and followed
him.
“While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house,
many tax collectors and ‘sinners’ came and ate with
him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this,
they asked his disciples, ‘Why does your teacher eat
with tax collectors and “sinners”?’
Philip, Bartholomew, Thomas, James, Judas, Simon,
and Judas occupation is unknown. Perhaps they
were tradesmen of some sort.

And who told you LUKE was one of the 12 disciples? Do you actually even have a Bible or ever gone to church??
grin
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Nobody: 5:14am On Sep 08, 2013
And Luke was a physician... But what kinda physician? Because Jesus was also referred to as the great physician, and he was not a medical doctor as you made Luke profession to seem like.
Because the bible told us not about what exactly Luke was. He could be a physician, someone who heals men through prayer etc, just like Jesus christ.
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by tpia5: 2:06am On Sep 09, 2013
solidbroda:

And who told you LUKE was one of the 12 disciples? Do you actually even have a Bible or ever gone to church??
grin

he wasnt one of the original disciples of Jesus but one of the early Christians. We're still saying the same thing.

however, my question remains, what are you on about- was he not a physician?
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 09, 2013
tpia@:

he wasnt one of the original disciples of Jesus but one of the early Christians. We're still saying the same thing.

however, my question remains, what are you on about- was he not a physician?
I guess I have answered ur Q in my last post. U didn't answer my own Q. What kinda physician was he? Bible didn't tell us If he was a doctor or a habalist or a jujulist, or just a miracle worker like Jesus (cos he's also a physician)...
You cannot just assume!
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by tpia5: 1:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
Physician is pretty much self explanatory.

Any other interpretation is your own, not the actual one.
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
tpia@:
Physician is pretty much self explanatory.

Any other interpretation is your own, not the actual one.
Jesus was called a physician... What does that mean to you?
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by cold(m): 10:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
I just laugh at Christians & their desperate attempts at mental gymnastics to sheild their so called God of men. Their defense is so feeble it's not even funny.The truth is there's no such thing as faith healing & that's a fact. I know it,you know it,heck Oyedepo knows it! Enough of the shenanigans already

Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by cold(m): 10:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
And oh while we're at it,how many diseases have these so called faith prayers eradicated. Let me guess,zilch,nada,zero! On the contrary,science has been at the forefront of eradicating diseases for the last two or three centuries

Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by tpia5: 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2013
solidbroda: Jesus was called a physician... What does that mean to you?

for the record, he was called a healer.

and, Healer is one of the names of God, just so you know.

it is also not incorrect to call Jesus a physician, however by virtue of his earthly training, he was called a carpenter.
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 10, 2013
tpia@:

for the record, he was called a healer.

and, Healer is one of the names of God, just so you know.

it is also not incorrect to call Jesus a physician, however by virtue of his earthly training, he was called a carpenter.

Luke is therefore what type of physician?
Re: Why Does Winners Chapel Need A Health Center? by Image123(m): 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2013
cold: And oh while we're at it,how many diseases have these so called faith prayers eradicated. Let me guess,zilch,nada,zero! On the contrary,science has been at the forefront of eradicating diseases for the last two or three centuries

No one promised or instructed that prayers were to eradicate diseases. Your ignorance robs you of the fact that most of the scientists and health workers believe in a God. Your access to the internet is robbing you of reality.

(1) (Reply)

God's Wife -missing In Action / What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. / Pastor Dies, After He Was Buried Alive By Church Members For Powers..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.