Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. (2258 Views)

Are Birthday Celebrations A Sin As JW Would Have You Believe? / A Jw Member Told Me This: Shocking!! / JMAN05, BERNIMOORE ON JONAH'S WARNING VS JW RUSSELL 1914 PREDICTION. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 6:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
I dont see anything wrong in celebrating birthdays, christmas and others. But the jehovah witness are against it. They always preach against it. They say the celebration attract all kinds of voilence and that it is a pagan practice which christian should not partake in. They should stop preaching against the celebration of christmas and birthdays cos there is nothing unscriptural in that. If there is, they should prove it now or never.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by italo: 6:20pm On Nov 07, 2013
They say it is not written in the Bible so you should agree with them.

Afterall that is what you always attack we Catholics for. "Where is Pope, mass, trinity written in the Bible."

Now JWs are asking you where is Christmas, birthday written in the Bible and you are complaining...because you want to eat rice and chicken. Tiff! *kidding*

Show them where it is written in the Bible or you would be a big hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
italo: They say it is not written in the Bible so you should agree with them.

Afterall that is what you always attack we Catholics for. "Where is Pope, mass, trinity written in the Bible."

Now JWs are asking you where is Christmas, birthday written in the Bible and you are complaining...because you want to eat rice and chicken. Tiff! *kidding*

Show them where it is written in the Bible or you would be a big hypocrite.
u know that birthdays was celebrated in the bible and u cant deny the birth of jesus(christmas).
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 6:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
U make me laugh by saying i want to eat chicken that's why i celebrate christmas. That is a lie cos if i want to eat chicken everyday i wud eat it. In short, i even ate my fill in transcorp hilton today.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by italo: 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ukuts gp: u know that birthdays was celebrated in the bible and u cant deny the birth of jesus(christmas).

I dont know where Christmas was celebrated in the Bible o.

It was introduced by the Catholic Church. We converted a pagan celebration on Dec 25 to celebrate the birth of our Lord.

The word "christmas" and the celebration is a Catholic invention. So if you are against the Catholic practises that are not expkicitly found in the Bible, you should join the JWs and avoid Christmas celebration.

When we were warning you that fighting against Catholicism is fighting against Christianity, you thought we were joking.

If you dishonour your mother, your days wont be long.

Na Bible talk am.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by italo: 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ukuts gp: U make me laugh by saying i want to eat chicken that's why i celebrate christmas. That is a lie cos if i want to eat chicken everyday i wud eat it. In short, i even ate my fill in transcorp hilton today.

You didn't have to go that far, brother.

Didn't you see that I was only kidding? I wrote it there.

It doesn't matter if you can afford chicken everyday or you can barely afford a meal a day.

I'd still respect you equally.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2013
italo:

I dont know where Christmas was celebrated in the Bible o.

It was introduced by the Catholic Church. We converted a pagan celebration on Dec 25 to celebrate the birth of our Lord.

The word "christmas" and the celebration is a Catholic invention. So if you are against the Catholic practises that are not expkicitly found in the Bible, you should join the JWs and avoid Christmas celebration.

When we were warning you that fighting against Catholicism is fighting against Christianity, you thought we were joking.

If you dishonour your mother, your days wont be long.

Na Bible talk am.
we pentecostals celebrate the birth of jesus whether u name it christmas or not i dnt care. We celebrate it cos it is biblical unlike the mary, purgatory and host of other doctrines u people peddles. Mind u, i dnt disobey any mother rather u are d one disobeying God and u will pay dearly for it if u dnt repent now.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
italo:

You didn't have to go that far, brother.

Didn't you see that I was only kidding? I wrote it there.

It doesn't matter if you can afford chicken everyday or you can barely afford a meal a day.

I'd still respect you equally.
i respect u too. There is no problem.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by woky: 7:40pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ukuts gp: I dont see anything wrong in celebrating birthdays, christmas and others. But the jehovah witness are against it. They always preach against it. They say the celebration attract all kinds of voilence and that it is a pagan practice which christian should not partake in. They should stop preaching against the celebration of christmas and birthdays cos there is nothing unscriptural in that. If there is, they should prove it now or never.
are you asking me

You all are descendant of martin luther yet with difrnt doctrins. Confused pple!

Verysoon u too wil open ur own church and intruduce your own doctrin.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by italo: 7:46pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ukuts gp: we pentecostals celebrate the birth of jesus whether u name it christmas or not i dnt care. We celebrate it cos it is biblical unlike the mary, purgatory and host of other doctrines u people peddles. Mind u, i dnt disobey any mother rather u are d one disobeying God and u will pay dearly for it if u dnt repent now.

Did Jesus tell you to celebrate Christmas, cook more food, buy more drinks, etc on Dec 25?

You're only following the Catholics you call pagans. grin
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by woky: 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
italo:

Did Jesus tell you to celebrate Christmas, cook more food, buy more drinks, etc on Dec 25?

help me ask am o

b4 the birth of kumuyi, chritmas was.

grin
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:26pm On Nov 07, 2013
italo:

i dnt follow catholic. I follow d word of God
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:31pm On Nov 07, 2013
italo:

jesus was born, so i celebrate it. Nothing wrong with that ok. Whichever way i celebrate it is none of ur business. Catholic gat nothing to do with this.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2013
woky: help me ask am o

b4 the birth of kumuyi, chritmas was.

grin
i am not a deeper life so kumuyi gat nothing to do with this.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by woky: 9:10pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ukuts gp: i dnt follow catholic. I follow d word of God
Lolzzz.. Is christmas in d bible??
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by woky: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ukuts gp: i am not a deeper life so kumuyi gat nothing to do with this.
i dnt lyk asking pple dis question, bt i wil ask u.

Whc church do u worship wit?
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by truthislight: 9:13pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hehehehehe grin

@Italo, very funny you grin

Smh. Hehehehe.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by italo: 9:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ukuts gp: i dnt follow catholic. I follow d word of God

Who told you to celebrate on dec25, God or the Catholic Church? grin
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by woky: 9:24pm On Nov 07, 2013
italo:

more wisdom to ur brain
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by MEILYN(m): 9:49pm On Nov 07, 2013
For Christmas.
Jeremiah 10 vs 1-6
1"Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them."
3"For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not."
5"They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good. 6Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might."
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 9:52pm On Nov 07, 2013
italo:

it was the unamimous decision of all pentecostal churches to celebrate it on that date.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 9:57pm On Nov 07, 2013
woky: i dnt lyk asking pple dis question, bt i wil ask u.

there is no business of u knowing my church.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:00pm On Nov 07, 2013
MEILYN: For Christmas.
Jeremiah 10 vs 1-6
1"Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them."
3"For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not."
5"They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good. 6Forasmuch as there is none like unto thee, O LORD; thou art great, and thy name is great in might."

what is ur point
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by MEILYN(m): 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ukuts gp: what is ur point
ur blindness don reach dis level? U didnt get the point? Na wa oo.
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
woky: Lolzzz.. Is christmas in d bible??
is the birth of jesus in the bible?
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 10:26pm On Nov 07, 2013
MEILYN: ur blindness don reach dis level? U didnt get the point? Na wa oo.
stop talking like the heathen. You quoted a scripture without any explanation. Is that sensible? Does it even relate to the topic on ground?
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by woky: 11:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ukuts gp: is the birth of jesus in the bible?
was Jesus born on the 25th of december
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
Ukuts gp: is the birth of jesus in the bible?
Dude, if you dont know, Its obvious that you want to ignore what italo is trying to say. You want to run in a circle of arguement that will lead nowhere.
#just telling the truth

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by Ukutsgp(m): 2:23am On Nov 08, 2013
nwuyag:
Dude, if you dont know, Its obvious that you want to ignore what italo is trying to say. You want to run in a circle of arguement that will lead nowhere.
#just telling the truth
the actual date jesus was born was not that clear but it was about that period of time, so all christians unanimously choose that day to celebrate the birth of jesus all over the world. Anything wrong in that?
Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by italo: 6:53am On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: it was the unamimous decision of all pentecostal churches to celebrate it on that date.

When, where and why did they make this "unanimous decision" to celebrate what the Catholic Church (which they call pagans) instituted in place of a pagan celebration?

Why are they copying/following us yet dishonouring and maligning us?

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by italo: 6:54am On Nov 08, 2013
Ukuts gp: the actual date jesus was born was not that clear but it was about that period of time, so all christians unanimously choose that day to celebrate the birth of jesus all over the world. Anything wrong in that?

Lies! It was the Catholic Church that chose, not Lazarus Muoka, not anyone else.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong In Celebrating Birthdays, Christmas Etc. To The JW. by italo: 7:00am On Nov 08, 2013
woky: i dnt lyk asking pple dis question, bt i wil ask u.

I think it's Chosen.

...from his level of reasoning.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wake Up!before It’s Too Late! – A Letter To Unbelievers / SUPERNATURAL VIDEOS: More Holy Spirit Miracles Videos!! / Why You'll Never Become Rich By Paying Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.