Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members (23397 Views)

#Dasukigate: Church Members Boo Falae - PerSecondNews / Photos: Ibikunle Amosun Sworn-in For 2nd Term As Governor Of Ogun / INEC Declares Apc’s Amosun Winner Of Ogun Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by emeckarsaybros: 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
Men of GOD who build churches,schools,houses,with money from ordinary people don't feel a need to give back to the state not 10% oh but a little to make his community better is difficult for them.I met his family one time on vacation.anybody who see those largess!will know these men of God are just milking the people that are ignorant of who the pastor is dry.I pity my country.let him build a church in Europe and ask people to give him 10% for performing miracles!he will give u a story of how it is wn u are dealing with an exposed audience.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
@m.k.o.2005;
by m.k.o2005: 12:34pm

This is a roman catholic speaking now ! It's not a denominational thing oga !

God help us all
how i take resemble catholic now and how you con dey bea mko nao when you no be muslim? you no kno say the m na original muslim name? change name joor.

i am not a catholic o. but bad ting be bad ting, regardless. oyedepo fall hands big time here. one wonders how he treats the aero staff with him. just wondering.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by efsy(m): 4:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
I will not judge until I hear the Church side of the story.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Abmarshalo(m): 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
The tax officers from Ogun state govt, wanted bribe from the church which is against the law of the church. We all know the attitude of Tax officers in Niegria, looking for bribe to encourage tax evasion by companies.My Bishop Oyedepo dosent collect bribe and dosent give bribe. So I am in support of the bullying of those urchins.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by write2obi(m): 5:00pm On Sep 08, 2013

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Lease(m): 5:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
""The duo,according to the statement by the commissioner, were severely beaten and their camera was damaged when they went to the Ota premises of the church to cover the service of building inspection notices by officials of the Ministry Of Urban and Physical Planning."".

In as much as i condemn the action of the church members, i also wonder why in the whole of Ogun State, the ministry of Urban planning has no other place to go and regulate building activities except inside the covenant estate. How far have they gone to regulate or supervise building of structures in the areas where new residential development is springing up daily before it becomes chaotic like we presently have in some of the existing towns and villages in Ogun State? These are areas where their skills and professional expertise (if they have any) are required for now.

Why must they choose the same period when the state internal revenue service is having issues with the Church to go for one useless inspection.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by cautious: 5:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
Pastor Kun:

And what guarantee does Oyedepo have that he would make it to heaven

I am a proponent of balanced views and I enjoyed reading "helpee" 's comment in this thread. Generally speaking, Nigerians enjoy attacking anything that looks successful. Every wealthy man is tagged a rogue even when we can't prove it. When David Oyedepo falls victim of negative imbalanced press reporting, people are ready to pounce on him with daggers even when they hear only a side of the story. His fame has earned him many enemies who tear him down with glee. Sadly, some of these people are Christians and they take delight in tearing one of theirs into pieces - in a public domain. Brethren, these things ought not to be so.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not here to hold brief for Oyedepo. I don't admire him and I have sometimes criticised him in closed 'Christians only' forums. When he slapped that girl, i was angry and called on the church leadership to curb his excesses. But he remains a part of the body and a brother, whether you like him or not! We mustn't throw caution to the wind in our eagerness to criticise.

4 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by kenzspunpy(m): 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2013
edoyad: . . . . .

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/07/oyedepo-watches-beating-of-ogtv-staff-by-church-members/

"The officials of the Ministry of Urban and Physical
Planning who were accompanied by policemen"

People should learn to reflect on what they read or hear before commenting in a very embarrasing and ignorant manner. At least, try and be discerning and intelligent, if you are not naturally gifted. Is it possible for the officials, whom were accompanied by policemen( who I believe were armed) to be beaten right in front of the policemen by church members( who I also believe were not armed?)

If it's easy to print the assault, why would the utterances of Oyedepo be unprintable? There are so many inconsistencies in this write-up.

For me, this report is tailored to do damage, even if the church members acted in a wrong way! I'm out of here!!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by incrediblestev: 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2013
cautious:

I am a proponent of balanced views and I enjoyed reading "helpee" 's comment in this thread. Generally speaking, Nigerians enjoy attacking anything that looks successful. Every wealthy man is tagged a rogue even when we can't prove it. When David Oyedepo falls victim of negative imbalanced press reporting, people are ready to pounce on him with daggers even when they hear only a side of the story. His fame has earned him many enemies who tear him down with glee. Sadly, some of these people are Christians and they take delight in tearing one of theirs into pieces - in a public domain. Brethren, these things ought not to be so.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not here to hold brief for Oyedepo. I don't admire him and I have sometimes criticised him in closed 'Christians only' forums. When he slapped that girl, i was angry and called on the church leadership to curb his excesses. But he remains a part of the body and a brother, whether you like him or not! We mustn't throw caution to the wind in our eagerness to criticise.
At times you Christian folks can be do fake and pretentious, you want to speak against wrong doing only when nobody is watching and in the audience of people who are too afraid to call a spade a spade, so much for transparency and equitable justice. A man commits a crime that affects everyone and you think about is your frivolous feelings.

May be if there are more Christians condemning his excessive and repulsive behavior, he would be forced to change not pampering him and pretending all is well. You guys are full of pretentious bullshyte.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by seanet02: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
If this is true, then Oyedepo is a mad man, a serial ediot and a monumental m0ron.
if anybody quote me and utter any rubbish, na sango go hammer the person.
Nkita ara

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Aarenaija: 6:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
So they now know the government can make money through taxes on the premise the never invested.
They were suppose to be part of the development of that place from day one not when the church have developed it. Now the want to generate IGR from were they have not sowed.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by infolekan(m): 6:19pm On Sep 08, 2013
There used to be a time when it felt good engaging in intellectual discourse in this forum....... just right before Internet became so ridiculously cheap and phones with Web access became so increasing popular( Nokia ashas and probably techno) made lots of shallow and bigoted individuals to spew comments and hurl abuses without consideration of the topic at hand.
The man is a fool....he's arrogant and all such comments are the kind of baseless verbiage that comes from an already poisoned mind who has never met the man he describes by those words and who probably doesn't have an inkling why he calls him arrogant.
Stories online should be taken and read with a discerning mind and shouldn't be ingested verbatim.
The world isn't black and white there are shades of grey and so are all these stories.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by ShineIt: 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
Can you imagine Jesus doing this?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by cautious: 6:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
incrediblestev: At times you Christian folks can be do fake and pretentious, you want to speak against wrong doing only when nobody is watching and in the audience of people who are too afraid to call a spade a spade, so much for transparency and equitable justice. A man commits a crime that affects everyone and you think about is your frivolous feelings.

May be if there are more Christians condemning his excessive and repulsive behavior, he would be forced to change not pampering him and pretending all is well. You guys are full of pretentious bullshyte.

Condemn based on imbalanced reporting? No sir! I made reference to the slapping incidence that I decried. Let's see a video evidence of what happened or hear the church's version before "throwing stones". I don't subscribe to the notion that everything that resembles Oyedepo must be condemned because you don't like him. So many people do so out of envy, not necessarily because they are in support of truth and justice.
Also a word for you - if you can't handle your emotions by responding respectfully, please fly a kite. Oyedepo remains a brother and no, I won't condemn him to please you.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by shejane: 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2013
Is nev easy 2b successful in life, hw many of u wil let som1 bring in camera in2 ur home wtout ur permission talk more of church where is nt allowed,

Dis is end tym tins , alwys abt churches, dis is a way 2 discourage some xtians 4m going 2 church

Bt lyk Jesus said woo unto u dat condemn my servants, Jesus kw dis day wil come nd he kw some of his servants ar nt perfect bt he stil choose 2 say woo unto u dat condemn dem

Dis heavenly race is individual tin nt Wt ur pastor or anybody

Concentrate on making heaven nd leave God 2 handle all dis tins.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by shejane: 6:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
Is nt easy 2b successful in life, wil u allow pple 2 bring camera in ur house wtout ur permission talk more of church where is nt allowed

Dis is end tym tins, alwys abt church dis days, dis is a way 2 discourage xtians 4m going 2 church

Jesus said woo unto u dat condemn my servants

Jesus kw his servants ar nt perfect bt stil choose 2 say woo unto u dat condemn dem

Dis heavenly race is an individual race nt wt ur pastor or anybody bt u alone

Concentrate on making heaven nd let God handle dis tins pls
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by mubalex50(m): 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2013
jmoore: Where can I download the video? Thanks
. U didn't study english well in ur ssE? Dey sey d camera were seized nd destroy, xo wich video u want 2 download?
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by mubalex50(m): 7:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
shejane: Is nt easy 2b successful in life, wil u allow pple 2 bring camera in ur house wtout ur permission talk more of church where is nt allowed

Dis is end tym tins, alwys abt church dis days, dis is a way 2 discourage xtians 4m going 2 church

Jesus said woo unto u dat condemn my servants

Jesus kw his servants ar nt perfect bt stil choose 2 say woo unto u dat condemn dem

Dis heavenly race is an individual race nt wt ur pastor or anybody bt u alone

Concentrate on making heaven nd let God handle dis tins pls
, and jesus said his servant should b beating ppl? Nt ordinary state government oFficials, wat is bad is bad, dia is no name 4 dat. Ok guy?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by singledude(m): 7:35pm On Sep 08, 2013
ifeness:

A.K.A poor slave for ever! zombie, all you understand is "go"! wetin you sabi? poor church rat!

My brother no mind all these myopic fanatics.....The man is busy using them as tools for his trade and they are happy 'magas'...yeye

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by singledude(m): 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
This man again?...damn i hate this SOB!......so freakin arrogant,self-centered and violent and yet the blind mumus he calls his congregation see nothing wrong.I pity the man,him judgement go worst pass that of murderers.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by jmoore(m): 7:40pm On Sep 08, 2013
mubalex50: . U didn't study english well in ur ssE? Dey sey d [size=14pt]camera were[/size] seized nd destroy, [size=14pt]xo wich[/size] video u want 2 download?

Mr Prof..smh
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by Abagworo(m): 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
Oyedepo needs to be arrested and jailed. His Church alongside others in Cameroun has been closed down for fraudulent miracle.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/08/16/winners-chapel-others-shut-down-in-cameroon/comment-page-1/

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by stagger: 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2013
Shine It: Can you imagine Jesus doing this?

Go and read John 2 starting from verse 14 and move down. Jesus actuallyu took the pains to go out, arranged Himself a very nice koboko and used it to good effect. You never see anything!
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by PastorKun(m): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2013
camilliusmupp: I dey dia wen the tin happen... I couldn't believe my ears when the bishop was the unprintable words "if i had my gun with me, i'd have gunned all of you down" who is Amosun? I will curse his government" "president Jonathan can not close that gate" .....I'm sure some people still have the video of the incident recorded on mobile phone....No be beans o, con see beatens during the incident, winners chapel pastors don turn to agberos!

SMH and some people still call this man a man of God

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by tuak(f): 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
Be mindful of whatever u say about men of God.Let God be the judge.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by PastorKun(m): 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
stagger:

Go and read John 2 starting from verse 14 and move down. Jesus actuallyu took the pains to go out, arranged Himself a very nice koboko and used it to good effect. You never see anything!

What you forgot to mention is that it was people like Oyedepo who had turned religion into a business that Jesus was whipping.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by kokolet007(f): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
Everybody living in ota and its environs is aware of the new enforcement by the state government, my sis works with the state revenue @ota,she told me how rude and barbaric the pastors were, they were beaten mercilessly, sized their fones nd other camera devices. I also learnt Oyedepo called the president to intervene.........tho m not to judge him bt let's call a spade a spade! If they r doing the right thing why did they have to sieze their camera? Is it not lawful for government official to visit them and urge them to pay their dues? It is not biblical for xtian to respect the government authority? ...........If truly he's really imitating christ I expect him to pay his dues as at when due and never use any obscene languages or fight anyone atall and it should imbib in his teaching to his followers!

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by PureNigerian: 9:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
@Pastor Kun

What you forgot to mention is that it was people like Oyedepo who had turned religion into a business that Jesus was whipping.

This is the best line on this thread.

You crack me up

Kudos

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by ibrokola(m): 9:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
Abmarshalo: The tax officers from Ogun state govt, wanted bribe from the church which is against the law of the church. We all know the attitude of Tax officers in Niegria, looking for bribe to encourage tax evasion by companies.My Bishop Oyedepo dosent collect bribe and dosent give bribe. So I am in support of the bullying of those urchins.

Abi na! That why he collected crime money frm the late Gen. Azazi's ADC as tyt about 1 month ago. Thank God for army intel that uncovered it, but what about others he collected that haven't been uncovered yet? undecided

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by waldigit: 9:43pm On Sep 08, 2013
Lease: ""The duo,according to the statement by the commissioner, were severely beaten and their camera was damaged when they went to the Ota premises of the church to cover the service of building inspection notices by officials of the Ministry Of Urban and Physical Planning."".

In as much as i condemn the action of the church members, i also wonder why in the whole of Ogun State, the ministry of Urban planning has no other place to go and regulate building activities except inside the covenant estate. How far have they gone to regulate or supervise building of structures in the areas where new residential development is springing up daily before it becomes chaotic like we presently have in some of the existing towns and villages in Ogun State? These are areas where their skills and professional expertise (if they have any) are required for now.

Why must they choose the same period when the state internal revenue service is having issues with the Church to go for one useless inspection.

You seem to be very informed about dev. Issues. I am a trained town Planner who has been active in development issues in private sector for 15 yrs now. Though physical assault on govt official is not ethical, yet professionally speaking the problem lies in the fact that ogun state govt. May not for now be able to excercise the right to enforce the provision of planning law of 1992 yet. It is better the govt. Role be advisory than forceful regulatory for now, because of the past neglect in the provision of infrastructure support services such as plans, road dev. Etc which are responsibilities of the state. The moral justification may not be there for the state to appear from nowhere to now enforce dev laws on a parcel of land where it is the private sector that virtually undertook all the development responsibilities of the state. Unlike lagos state counterpart ogun state need to awake to its responsibilities on physical planning especially on its jurisdiction area where it shares boundary with Lagos state. Special board parastatal need to be set up under the ministry that oversee physical planning issues specially on where it shares boundary with lagos. These areas are fast growing hence they need special attention.
Shalom.
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by olushowunm(m): 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
HMMMM... IN THE DRIVE FOR REVENUES... THIS CURRENT GOVERNMENT IS DRIVING TOO HARD AND I HOPE THEY DID NOT GO ASTRAY....

FIRST, I KNOW WINNERS DO PAY THEIR TAXES AND WHAT HAPPENED MIGHT BE OVER-ESTIMATION OF THE TAXES DUE... ALSO, FOR THE TAX, IT HAVE BEEN SETTLED THAT SAME DAY THAT THE OGIRS CAME!!!

FOR THE BUILDING AND TOWN PLANNING... THE STATE GOVERNMENT GOOFED... CANAANLAND IS A COUNTRY ON ITS OWN( A FREE TRADE ZONE)... SO THEY ARE YET TO REGULATE NORMAL CITIES AROUND OGUN STATE WHERE PEOPLE BUILD IRREGULAR STRUCTURES WITHOUT PROPER TOWN PLANNING AND LAYOUT AND THEY WANT TO CORRECT A WELL-PLANNED ESTATE LIKE CANNAANLAND... IMAGINE IYANA IYESI (A SUBURB OF OTA/CANNAANLAND)... ITS JUST HARZADOUS, NO PLANNING, NO LAYOUT AND NOT EVEN DRAINAGES...

THEN MY QUESTION FOR OGUN STATE GOVERNMENT IS : " WHY DO YOU HAVE TO SEND THE OGUN STATE PHYSICAL AND URBAN PLANNING AGENCY THE FOLLOWING DAY WHEN THERE WAS PROBLEM WITH OGIRS THE PREVIOUS DAY?"

THERE IS ELEMENT OF POLITICS THERE!!!
Re: Oyedepo Watches Beating Of Ogun Tax-Men By Church Members by singledude(m): 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2013
Abmarshalo: The tax officers from Ogun state govt, wanted bribe from the church which is against the law of the church. We all know the attitude of Tax officers in Niegria, looking for bribe to encourage tax evasion by companies.My Bishop Oyedepo dosent collect bribe and dosent give bribe. So I am in support of the bullying of those urchins.

Myopic slowpoke.....so it is ungodly to give/collect bribe but godly to beat up human beings right? Ass-wipe.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anxiety Over Early Results: Wada, Audu In Tight Race / Buhari Violates Law On Public Procurement Like Jonathan, Yar’adua- Premium Times / Jerry Gana And Jegede At Court Of Appeal In Akure This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.