Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,626 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family (16233 Views)

Interesting Facts About The Igbo People / Common Beautiful Names From The Igbo Tribe / What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
gboss4sure: When people hate on you, it only means they are envious of your success, obviously success brings envy.

WHICH SUCCESS? MONEY RITUAL, ROBBERY, SELLING OF DISC ON HIGH WAY NA BUSINESS... DON'T DECEIVE URSELF GUY..
DID U READ D NEWS ABT NIGERIANS THAT WERE MALTREATED, DEPORTED FROM BOTSWANA. IGBO PEOPLE HAS D NUMBER OF NIGERIANS THAT WERE DEPORTED....
GUY, MO NO YAN RUBBISH HERE
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by bigfrancis21: 3:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
bakynes: You shd talk abt success of Igbos arnd the world. Keri Washington recently married a quarter back playing in the NFL and d guy has igbo parents and bears an igbo name as well even though he is American Now. Am yoruba bt the topic is to celebrate Igbos let's celebrate them we appreciate their contribution to the Nigerian Economy.

Thank you for your sincere admission. Bless your soul.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by qhiwegh(m): 3:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
Is that how they earned Nigerians the reputation of being scammers and drug smugglers?

You also failed to mention how they love to flaunt their wealth as if their lives depended on it.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Afam4eva(m): 3:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
TheBookWorm: Michigan Representative John Olumba. He is also running for mayor of Detroit.

There's another guy that ran to be mayor of Houston and another one came third in the race to become the mayor of Toronto, Canada.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by MrsChima(f): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
This thread is about to get ugly. grin grin
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by zikaengee(f): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
I love my tribe kiss
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by bigfrancis21: 3:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
Wulfruna:

But its true oooo. How come people don't go to threads that celebrate Yoruba accomplishments to shout them down? undecided

nnenna.1:
If the tables were turned and this were Yoruba...there would be little to no complaints.

Anything positive about the Igbo on nairaland is bound to attract sentiments, bigotry and hatred. The Igbo tribe does has its negative sides, just as other tribes does, and also has its positive sides. Yet people have flatly chosen not to look at the good sides of the Igbo people.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 3:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
THIS A PRODIGY EXAMPLE
LECTURERS THAT WERE RELIEVED OF DER POST IN UNIBEN WERE THEY NOT IGBOS
WHY WERE THEY SACKED? THEY WERE SACK because DEY WERE EXTORTING (MONEY ) STUDENTS TO GET ADMISSION.(FAKE)
AND U UPDATE THAT IGBO'S ARE AFTER EDUCATION,SUCCESS..
THINK BEFORE UPDATE ANY THREAD..
NAIRALANDERS ARE NOT NONENTITY...
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 3:42pm On Sep 13, 2013
if i want to blame God for making me a Nigerian but weneva i rembrs dat am an Igbo first,i will smile and say GOD MAY UR NAME BE LIFTED UP AMONG ALL NAMES
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:46pm On Sep 13, 2013
Who can tell the name of the first Igboman to protest with female handbag and an Israeli flag?
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
Littlehooper: THIS A PRODIGY EXAMPLE
WHY WERE THEY SACKED? THEY WERE SACK because DEY WERE EXTORTING (MONEY ) STUDENTS TO GET ADMISSION.(FAKE)
You didn't include plagiarism.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
Littlehooper: THIS A PRODIGY EXAMPLE

WHAT ABOUT WOOLWICH KILLERS,ADEBOWALE,ADEBOLAJA AND RECENTLTY BABAFEMI
WHAT ABOUT NIGERIAN JUDGE CUT ON TAPE NEGOTIAITING BRIBE IN THE GAMBIA
WOT ABOUT FORMA FUGEES PRODUCER DAT WAS JAILED FOR CONVERTING HIS DOTAS TO SEXSLAVE,DEY FADA 4CHILDREN FOR HIM
WHAT ABOUT PRESIDENT OF LGBTP IN NIGERIA.
PLS RESHEARCH DIA TRIBE N HOLLABACK.
EWU
#DAFT

12 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Chuksphil2go:

WOT ABOUT FORMA FUGEES PRODUCER DAT WAS JAILED FOR CONVERTING HIS DOTAS TO SEXSLAVE,DEY FADA 4CHILDREN FOR HIM
EWU
#DAFT
Shut up! The former Fuji's producer is not Yoruba. Do your research.

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by omonnakoda: 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
igboezue: Bad ''ALTITUDE''?,Umean to say we fly higher than others?,Thanks for stating the obvious
Winch tinz

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by achi4u(m): 3:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
truth always hurt but am tired of e-war
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 13, 2013
Littlehooper:

WHICH SUCCESS? MONEY RITUAL, ROBBERY, SELLING OF DISC ON HIGH WAY NA BUSINESS... DON'T DECEIVE URSELF GUY..
DID U READ D NEWS ABT NIGERIANS THAT WERE MALTREATED, DEPORTED FROM BOTSWANA. IGBO PEOPLE HAS D NUMBER OF NIGERIANS THAT WERE DEPORTED....
GUY, MO NO YAN RUBBISH HERE

so igbo activities don finish for dis ur list bah?
Ngwa, tell us wat ur ppl do

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2013
Chuksphil2go: if i want to blame God for making me a Nigerian but weneva i rembrs dat am an Igbo first,i will smile and say GOD MAY UR NAME BE LIFTED UP AMONG ALL NAMES
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

being Igbo,, that where my God's blessings started from.

10 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Anything positive about the Igbo on nairaland is bound to attract sentiments, bigotry and hatred. The Igbo tribe does has its negative sides, just as other tribes does, and also has its positive sides. Yet people have flatly chosen not to look at the good sides of the Igbo people.

are u really asking d devil to agree with God ?

5 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
Chuksphil2go:

EWU
#DAFT

UR FACTS ARE BASELESS MY GUY...
U URSELF KNOW THAT IGBOS ARE MONEY CONSCIOUS THAN ANYTHING.....
I WILL GIVE U EXAMPLE(S)

NIGERIANS THAT WERE DEPORTED FROM BOTSWANA, IGBOS HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER... IF U DON'T KNOW ABT THIS, CHECK THE FORUM ON THIS WEBSITE U WILL FIND IT THERE
LAGOS GOVERNMENT DEPORTED IGBOS BACK TO THEIR STATE (ONITSHA).
WHY IGBOS? MY GUY, COOL TEMPER....
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by achi4u(m): 4:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
my point exactly.

me I go just sidon dey look tongue
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Littlehooper: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
ngozievergreen:

so igbo activities don finish for dis ur list bah?
Ngwa, tell us wat ur ppl do

YOU DON'T NEED TO ASK. USE UR INITIATIVE TO KNOW THAT, LIKE I USE MINE TO KNOW D KIND OF BUSINESS IGBOS DO.
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 13, 2013
The deportees from Botswana were primarily from the SS.

But anti-Igbo propaganda does not care.

Littlehooper:

UR FACTS ARE BASELESS MY GUY...
U URSELF KNOW THAT IGBOS ARE MONEY CONSCIOUS THAN ANYTHING.....
I WILL GIVE U EXAMPLE(S)

NIGERIANS THAT WERE DEPORTED FROM BOTSWANA, IGBOS HAS THE HIGHEST NUMBER... IF U DON'T KNOW ABT THIS, CHECK THE FORUM ON THIS WEBSITE U WILL FIND IT THERE
LAGOS GOVERNMENT DEPORTED IGBOS BACK TO THEIR STATE (ONITSHA).
WHY IGBOS? MY GUY, COOL TEMPER....

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by bloggernaija: 4:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
COMPARE THAT TO THE VALUES OF THE ODUA NATION.

THE THREE CEES

COMMUNITY - The good of the society is greater than the sum of individual ambitions and interest
CHARITY- the leaders and empowered must look out for the less fortunate amongst us and the people must not become a burden on others
CONSERVATION- the beauty ,sacredness of the land must be respected and it resources preserved and left for future generations

YOU SEE WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT AND CANNOT NEVER BE FRIENDS
CHASING AFTER MONEY OR SHOULD I SAY DUKIA IS NOT HARDWORK.
HARDWORK AND SACRIFICE IS WOLE SOYINKA
HARDWORK AND SACRIFICE IS SARO WIWA

MAKING MONEY IS NOT HARDWORK.
MAKING MONEY IS RICH
BEING WEALTHY IS ANOTHER THING.

THAT IS WHY NIGERIA IS NOT GOING TO DEVELOP ANYTIME SOON

3 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Stunner1(f): 4:25pm On Sep 13, 2013
Bleep y"all igbo haters...... proudly igbo...... igbo kwenu

1 Like

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Your husband is an Igbo man, correct?

Would you say that he (and your inlaws) are lesser Nigerians by virtue of that fact?
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
[quote author=Orlando Owoh]
Shut up! The former Fuji's producer is not Yoruba. Do your research.[/quote ] is you that should shut up, did he mention the Y tribe!!
Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
IGBO'S are leading in every sector;business,defense,transport etc.we diversify.

if u insist dat IGBO's do not luv education,why not check the thread dat came up on the cut off for unity schools across the country.,all states in the SE had the highest and i ASK how many SW states came tops.the hatred for igbos is just too much.

Quoting ACHEBE IN THERE WAS A COUNTR Y'Nigeria will probably reach a consensus on no issue than their common resentment for the igbo'

#KEDU IHE NDIGBO MERE NAIJIRIA# undecided undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
I'm quite happy and felt better reading this thread. I'm proudly igbo, the zeal, the determination in the midst of so many odds. A lot will seat down and wait for free school, free books, free uniforms, free food, free money, this is not of the igbo's and am glad about it. Keep the fire burning igbo's.Igbo kwenu, Kwenu, kwe zuo nu. grin

4 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Incredibleme: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
I cn see dat there are tribalistic maniacs who are blinded by their jealousy and envy. Apart from being an igbo, i would prefer an hausa man, who z willing to learn from masters, jst like the igbos did. D yorubas nd others are just envious dogs who wuld stp at nting 2 frustrate and black paint d hard work of the succesful, inteligent and blessed people locatd in d eastern part of nigeria, with rich cultural and ethical heritage which has kept us going.

I so much distast yorubas bcus of dia envy.

2 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Chigorkizz(m): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2013
You cnt boast when u've nothing to boast about.
You cnt be loud when u've nothing to be loud about.
The ibos are doing it because they've all it takes to boast about.
What abt ur tribe.do u have anything to boast about?Nothing!
Now i see where d hatred came in.
A successful man will always sing his praises even if u dnt want to do it with him because he has got a benign success.
Boast if u have something to boast abt.
Ibos are great pple so stop hating d ibo achievers.

5 Likes

Re: The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family by Nobody: 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2013
Larrylarex: And if u buy up the lands and develop it, you'll take it to ur village bah? Which place gets developed afterall?
\

Quit stalking me,am not from ur tribe

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Brief History Of The Igarra People..my People / The Niger Delta In The 19th Century / The Truth About The Number Of Nigerian Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.