Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? (14507 Views)

Create A Culture Of Success For Yourself / The Igbo Values Of Success, Education And Hardwork: A Case Of The Robeson Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by vikel2104: 10:07pm On Jul 16, 2014
It might sound kinda old fashioned to think/talk of an arranged marriage but it's a reality that many people still have to deal with for the next couple of years, that is, if it will ever stop. There are various reasons why parents try to arrange marriages for their children.

Many people are of the view that such a marriage is a failure from start. Some others believe it's a game of luck just like all marriages which could succeed or fail.

Now let's look at it and discuss.
What are really the chances of such marriages succeeding? Life examples would be a plus.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Mutuwa(m): 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2014
Are u about going into one?

No one can tell ya exact up and till he/she has been in it,either in or out. undecided
As for me..it worked perfectly..all thanks to d almighty..this is my 6th year at d matrimonial home.

19 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Tallesty1(m): 10:32pm On Jul 16, 2014
It works, there is no best way to get a wife/husband, Just pray God to guide you.

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by vikel2104: 6:16am On Jul 17, 2014
@mutuw.a. No I'm not getting into one. Good to know it worked for you.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by jayseehe(m): 6:31am On Jul 17, 2014
very high, it worked during the days of our fore fathers and they had less divorce rate than now

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by emaboi(m): 6:32am On Jul 17, 2014
Everything depends on the parties involve, it might yield and it might not.. Good morning to y'll fellas

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by lokito: 6:33am On Jul 17, 2014
It works wella especially when the arranged damsel is not too exposed...

These city girls ain't loyal
Internet racketeering has beclouded their sense of reasoning
Chatting and searching for men on Badoo, FB,whatsapp posting pictures, wallowing and twerking like 3D cartoon on instagram just to get LIKE they can't convert to money.

Those days, make love to your woman in 10 seconds she is ok and everybody is good. Try it these days you'll see her complaining on NL like a she-goat "my man is a 1minute man"
Holla at your woman or get her angry... she'll quit and say "i've moved on". sometimes she'll wake up in the middle of the night and be staring at you. In her mind she'll be like "if I say make I press your neck now kill you die here nko"

Lemme stop here. Such works cause both the arranged will do everything not to disappoint the arrangers

Have a blessed day friends

103 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Smartsyn(m): 6:33am On Jul 17, 2014
Everything boils down to luck and God. Even our so called ' unarranged marriage ' is not guaranteed to be a success.

It may or may not work depending on how mature the two party involved are.

Love can be developed as the marriage lingers.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by kobonaire(m): 6:33am On Jul 17, 2014
Very high, if you ask the Indians and the Pakistanis .... they have a very high percentage of arranged marriages, seemingly happy and rather low divorce rates.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by sunnywhyt(m): 6:33am On Jul 17, 2014
Later tinx vikel....nt nw.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Smartlux(m): 6:34am On Jul 17, 2014
it works.... Atimes though.... *out of thread*
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by lokito: 6:34am On Jul 17, 2014
M
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by wickyyolo: 6:35am On Jul 17, 2014
So far its the best way to get a wife. We younger ones make a lot of mistakes finding a bride because we don't see far. It has worked very well for my parents and my brother. I guess I'm next.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by ade2008(m): 6:36am On Jul 17, 2014
50/50 chance. It work for some and not for other. For me I don't like arranged marriage.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by tempem: 6:36am On Jul 17, 2014
Am here to listen to what the wise one has to say
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Ptoocool(m): 6:37am On Jul 17, 2014
It actually depends on consensus btw both parties involved..
Actually itz beinq arranqed buh if dey both are into each other afterwards, den they'll surely 'live happily thereafter'

If not, #yolo, you know the rest..
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by tempem: 6:37am On Jul 17, 2014
Following
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by justi4jesu(f): 6:37am On Jul 17, 2014
It succeeds or fails..

Am out.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 17, 2014
While not an arranged marriage but on the third attempt I'm finally married to the person that I actually like. Not who family/society thinks I should be married to.

I bring this up just to show that you should be happy in yourself. If someone comes to you via arrangement then chart the course.

Most of the hood rats on Allen avenue on Friday night are the same ones at Redeem or Cele at Sunday morning service.

14 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Talkcentral: 6:39am On Jul 17, 2014
suspecting you @op
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by begwong: 6:40am On Jul 17, 2014
It doesnt last.After the achievement of the intent of the marriage the centre can no longer hold,so definately,things has to fall apart.
** testimony**
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Glaxx(m): 6:41am On Jul 17, 2014
Surprisingly, arranged marriages lasted longer than these present day unarranged ones. I think it was a matter of culture, belief and principles. Back then marriage was not just between the couple, the whole community was involved, & so less divorces

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Blockus: 6:43am On Jul 17, 2014
Same as unarranged

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by gbaskiboy: 6:44am On Jul 17, 2014
Marriage is not a palm wine you can taste before thinking of buying it. Follow your instincts and do all you can to see if both of you will be compatible during courtship.
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Agrika: 6:45am On Jul 17, 2014
Very high, nothing increases a lady's prestige like being "recommended" by someone.....afterall u dey ur own him come meet u.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by fyneboi79(m): 6:46am On Jul 17, 2014
it all depends on d parties involved. Why I say dis is ‎​dat most times for a marrige to be arranged ,one party may be trying to get a business favour or to maintain a business contact or whatsoever the interest may be.And in so doing the receiving partner becomes d passive partner to receive insults and all sorts of embarrassment and still swallow it while remembering the financial of physical gains of such union. I have witnessed such "arrangee system"where after getting into d marriage d lady didn't get d much anticipated benefits and then she decided to revolt.
For me o,I will never subscribe to an arranged marriage. Let everyone go and make his or her choice and live with d consequences if any. grin

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Pavore9: 6:46am On Jul 17, 2014
lt depends on the people involved.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by GodMode: 6:48am On Jul 17, 2014
$
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by rattlesnake(m): 6:49am On Jul 17, 2014
Equal chances
True love is also arranged
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 17, 2014
The idea is we must not leave our love lives to chance..We plan our education..our careers and our finances but we’re still uncomfortable with the idea that we should plan our love lives..I do not advocate arranged marriages but I think a lot can be learned from them..In arranged marriages,thought goes into the matching,..physical attraction is important.But people must be able to distinguish lust from love. Strong physical attraction is very dangerous,it can be blinding.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by GodMode: 6:50am On Jul 17, 2014
$
Re: What Are The Chances Of Success For An Arranged Marriage? by bisayor(m): 6:51am On Jul 17, 2014
It works if both parties eventually gets to like each other.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benin Was A Yoruba speaking Empire. / What Happened To The "Nkan Nbe" Type Of Programs? / Yoruba Offensive Proverbs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.