Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

A Mathematical Problem Only A Genius Can Solve. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Mathematical Problem Only A Genius Can Solve. (2484 Views)

Only A Genius Can Interpret This (photo) / Photo: See The Epic Answer A Student Gave To A Mathematical Question . / Solve This Puzzle If You Are A Genius (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Mathematical Problem Only A Genius Can Solve. by HenryQuest(m): 1:52pm On Sep 08, 2013
A friend of mine sent me this mathematical problem some weeks back but up till now, I have not been able to find a logical answer to it. I remembered that there are many ITK's (I too know) in Nairaland; that is why I decided to share it here. Give logical solutions to your answers. Prove that you are a genius!!! Thanks

Uploading photos is having issues. Give me some munites to type it. Thanks

Here it comes;

You want to buy a tshirt worth 100 dollars. Since you don't have any money to buy that Tshirt, you borrowed 50 dollars from your mom and another 50 dollars from your dad. You now have 100 dollars in hand... You bought the tshirt,and it is worth 97 dollars... You have the change of 3 dollars.
You gave 1 dollar to your mom
You gave 1 dollar to your dad.
Because of the 1 dollar each you have paid your parents, You still have a debt of 49 dollars each to them.
You still have 1 dollar in hand.

49+49=98

plus the 1 dollar in hand.

98+1= 99

the question is, where did the remaining 1 dollar go?
Re: A Mathematical Problem Only A Genius Can Solve. by denniece1(m): 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
No no no...dat 1dola remaining is part of dat 98dola...so 98dola+1dola u gave ur dad+1dola u gave ur mom=100dola.

front page ke?

end ____ things..lol
Re: A Mathematical Problem Only A Genius Can Solve. by HenryQuest(m): 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2013
denniece1: No no no...dat 1dola remaining is part of dat 98dola...so 98dola+1dola u gave ur dad+1dola u gave ur mom=100dola.

front page ke?

end ____ things..lol
lol! Though ur answer wasant logical.

(1) (Reply)

Degree As Minimum Teaching Qualification. - FG / Nigerian Lecturer Solves 156 Year Old Mathematical Problem / I Have Successfully Registered For Jamb.. Bleep Haters..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.