Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

'The President We Want' - Reuben Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'The President We Want' - Reuben Abati (1332 Views)

Six Lessons We Have Learnt By Reuben Abati / About The Post Of Senate President? We Dont Care!!! / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

'The President We Want' - Reuben Abati by wiseguy(m): 9:17am On Jun 02, 2006
Come 2007 insha Allah, Nigeria will have a new President. We've had Presidents and Head of States in the Past but none seem to have met the peolple's expectations. What qualities do you wish to see in a future President come 2007?

Do you also think that the recent selection process being embarked upon by Governors are healthy for our Democratic system? Is it not the right of the people to choose? Why should the Govs now present to us a candidate? The same Govs who few weeks ago are singing 3rd term for Obasanjo want to be President? Are these kind of characters to be trusted with the high office of the President? I bet they will be worse than Obasanjo.

As I was meditating on this topic, I saw an article in the Guardian written by Reuben Abati in line with this discussion and I would want us to take a look and lets have your reaction.
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/editorial_opinion/article02/020606

The president we want
By Reuben Abati

Beyond the more complex and controversial issues of ethnicity and electoral framework, we are left on the long run with having to decide who our next President should be. What kind of qualities should he possess?

<< continued at: www.guardiannewsngr.com/editorial_opinion/article02/020606>>

If you know such a man, please tell us; not just a man, a woman as well.

(1) (Reply)

Pipe Line Explosion In Lagos More Than 200 People Killed / Why Nigeria Will Never Be Great. Vol. I / The Delayed Harvest In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.