Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,295 members, 7,867,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:23 AM

Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? (871 Views)

Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Seun Kuti Blasts IBB ,mark, Says Jonathan Is The Worst President Ever / Sule Lamido Accuses Buhari of Divisive Campaigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by dinachi(m): 4:22pm On Sep 08, 2013

We cannot continue to ignore the disquiet in the country fueled largely by vitriolic remarks from politicians across the divide. It is therefore the duty of well meaning Nigerians to step in and stop the nation from moving to the brink.We love our President and demand that those who refer to him as clueless should in the interest of the nation desist from ascribing such asinine comments to the highest office in the land. Having said that, the question begging for answer is: Is President Jonathan Nigeria's own version of George. W. Bush Jnr who left America more divided and impoverished than he found it? Do you agree with the blogger? See more here http://davidchuks..com/2013/09/is-president-jonathan-most-politically.html
Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by jayhembolaji: 4:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
Clueless indeed, abi na lie, mchewwwwww jonahdull
Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by efsy(m): 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
No doubt about that.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 08, 2013
The guy era na him we begin hear north, south, xtian and muslim jargons. The guy na master of division.

5 Likes

Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by WarriPikin1: 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
anago12: The guy era na him we begin hear north, south, xtian and muslim jargons. The guy na master of division.

So na GEJ cause civil war in 1967, when the north,south,christian and muslim riots led to war?

Anyway, from what iam hearing, i doubt if any northerner can have legitimacy to ever rule and exploit the resources of the Niger Delta after GEJ is prevented from ruling simply because he is from Niger Delta. I take style dey encourage youths to hide their weapons first and wait,until 2015 have come and gone.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by Toktee(m): 6:53pm On Sep 08, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

So na GEJ cause civil war in 1967, when the north,south,christian and muslim riots led to war?

Anyway, from what iam hearing, i doubt if any northerner can have legitimacy to ever rule and exploit the resources of the Niger Delta after GEJ is prevented from ruling simply because he is from Niger Delta. I take style dey encourage youths to hide their weapons first and wait,until 2015 have come and gone.
I wonder how you were able to pass ur o'level,civil war was not about religion or tribalism but it was about the independent of igbo race,so dnt try to twist what the babe said,she is hundred percent right,go and read the caused of civil war in nigeria bro.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by Kanwulia: 8:15pm On Sep 08, 2013
No. OBJ is! Like his TRIBE!!!! kiss
GEJ is the most CLUELESS! Like his TRIBE!!!!! kiss
Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
anago12: The guy era na him we begin hear north, south, xtian and muslim jargons. The guy na master of division.
How old are you?

1 Like

Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sunny_bobo: How old are you?

older to know how to keep my private business and family life a secret from a public and faceless forum. And not going about telling people how i own this and that and all about the pharamaceutical business and all what not.
Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by ssii: 8:47pm On Sep 08, 2013
He is! Since after the civil war, Nigerians have never been divided along tribal lines as they do now. GEJ rode on the goodwill of the northerm govs who supported him against their own to get the PDP ticket. According to the PDP arrangements, it was the north's turn.
A western Obj ensured he got the support with the agreement that GEJ Will serve one tern.
But what is playing out today, in bid to do a 2nd GEJ and his handlers are telling everyone the north does not want him, the west hates him and its a fight btween the SS and every other region.
But does GEJ really have the interest of SS at heart? Apart from the empowerment of militants especially through oiltheft and phoney contracts , has the SS really benefitted from GEJ presidency? The man should stop tribal sentiments to advance his personal

3 Likes

Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
anago12:

older to know how to keep my private business and family life a secret from a public and faceless forum. And not going about telling people how i own this and that and all about the pharamaceutical business and all what not.
Go to bed cos your mates have all gone to sleep.

1 Like

Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by eye4eye: 9:08pm On Sep 08, 2013
anago12:

being dumb is heredity to your peeps i guess. I can see the level of your mental retar.dness, wetin poverty dey do person growing up na bad thing. Ni wonder the bread winner of your family came to lagos with plastic bag and a bathroom slippers after using your pop daily esusu money to board ifeshinachi.
Damn! You've been too harsh with that ibo boy.
Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by ochukoccna: 9:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
@ op, I answer your topic's headline with the quote below
[size=14pt]Ebele Jonathan's destiny is to bankrupt & balkanise Nigeria-Pastor Tunde Bakare.[/size]
Personally I felt it was sour grapes coming from him seeing he and his principal Buhari lost the 2011 presidential elections
However with hindsight, he was spot on

It is said that there is honour amongst thieves yet as Nigerians must not lose the fact that PDP's current schism is an internal implosion brought about by the fact a bandit amongst a band of bandits now believes he's smarter than them all because he's the visible face of the gang
I leave you all to go figure the above

ssii: He is! Since after the civil war, Nigerians have never been divided along tribal lines as they do now. GEJ rode on the goodwill of the northerm govs who supported him against their own to get the PDP ticket. According to the PDP arrangements, it was the north's turn.
A western Obj ensured he got the support with the agreement that GEJ Will serve one tern.
But what is playing out today, in bid to do a 2nd GEJ and his handlers are telling everyone the north does not want him, the west hates him and its a fight between the SS and every other region.
But does GEJ really have the interest of SS at heart? Apart from the empowerment of militants especially through oiltheft and phoney contracts , has the SS really benefited from GEJ presidency? The man should stop tribal sentiments to advance his personal
The above poster captures the current Nigerian political happenings perfectly
What is there to add? cool cool

1 Like

Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 08, 2013
@moderators, pls move this silly thread to children section. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by dinachi(m): 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @moderators, pls move this silly thread to children section. Thank you
Shut Up!
Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by ShineIt: 10:05pm On Sep 08, 2013
I haven't seen a thread so worthy of the waste bin since Gbawe's Osun thread.
Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by Akpaife(m): 10:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
Gej till 2019 heaters hug naked high tension
Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by bloggernaija: 11:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
Yes he is the president of the dysfunctional republic Biafra and bayelsa

1 Like

Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by softwareman(m): 12:21am On Sep 09, 2013
By a long margin, this presidency is the most divisive because no other president has ruthlessly exploited the ethnic and religious card as this president.

Ironically, this is a president that came to power with a big pan Nigerian mandate, but squandered it as a result of mind boggling incompetence and ineptitude.

1 Like

Re: Is Jonathan The Most Politically Divisive President Ever? by softwareman(m): 12:31am On Sep 09, 2013
Akpa ife: Gej till 2019 heaters hug naked high tension
Does it mean anybody that does not support Jonathan or does not feel he has the managerial or leadership quality Nigeria needs hates him.? It is by force everybody supports him?
You are entitled to your opinion of Jonathan while others are entitled to theirs as well . Please let's try to be civil even when we disagree.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Benin City Battle 1897 / Hunger Forces Boko Haram To Kill Three, Demand N1m From Traders / The Npdp Apc Merger, My Constraints –amaechi Addresses Rivers People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.