Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,340 members, 7,867,977 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:20 AM

As A Xtian, Hw Do U Know Wether D Word Of A Prophet Is True Abt Ur Relationship? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As A Xtian, Hw Do U Know Wether D Word Of A Prophet Is True Abt Ur Relationship? (679 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Seening A Prophet For A Wife Confirmation How True? / Is It A Sin For A Xtian Woman To Marry A Muslim If She Can Practice Xtianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Xtian, Hw Do U Know Wether D Word Of A Prophet Is True Abt Ur Relationship? by astrosammy: 12:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
please i need your contribution.
Re: As A Xtian, Hw Do U Know Wether D Word Of A Prophet Is True Abt Ur Relationship? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
Hey Astro,

Personally, I do not take most 'prophecies' from the so called 'MoG' seriously and I certainly do not consider it appropriate for a MoG to butt-in to my personal affairs e.g dictating the choice of ladies I date, all in the name of given me a prophecy from God.

I am of the opinion that a number of healthy relationships have gone sour because of very false and fraudulent prophecies given by some MoG and as such, I wouldn't advise anyone to base his or her decision to choose a partner on a prophecy he or she is not sure of.

I do believe, however, that MoG should play an advisory role in guiding us on how best we can be in a relationship without turning our backs to our Heavenly Father but this does not make them the decision makers in that relationship. All decisions concerning our relationships MUST come from us.

1 Like

Re: As A Xtian, Hw Do U Know Wether D Word Of A Prophet Is True Abt Ur Relationship? by Ajibam: 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
@op

your personal prayer towards this count A lot!!
You can Later Ask a genuine pastor for prayer..prophecies about relationship sometimes are from fake man of God that want money,but not all are bad Eggs..
God will show You The way
Re: As A Xtian, Hw Do U Know Wether D Word Of A Prophet Is True Abt Ur Relationship? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
astrosammy: please i need your contribution.

As an adult you are to take responsibilities for all your actions. Prophets cannot be blamed for whatever you decide to do with your life. Haven said that this is how you know what whether the prophet is of the Lord

1. Whatever he/she says is in line with the written word of God/scriptures

2. The Holy Spirit dweling in you will confirm to you that the message is of the Lord

Let me add that if it is about husband and wife you do not need a prophet to proceed, you need the HolySpirit and a sound mind.

God has given you liberty to marry whosoever you want.....if you are a christian, marry a fellow christian.
Re: As A Xtian, Hw Do U Know Wether D Word Of A Prophet Is True Abt Ur Relationship? by astrosammy: 2:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
Hi all...i really wanna take this forum to say a big thank you to all your contributions toward my post...i was a victim of this situation and now my girlfriend and i are no more together simply because of this prophecy of a thing...i was told we won't be able to marry and since then my attitude changed towards her...this is a lady i love so much and she love me more...i told my dad about it after the damage has been done and he advise to go back to the girl and apologize, he said things are not done that way...he also added that many MoG has broken a good relationship today,that i shouldn't be going to them for such anymore...now friends i have leanrt my lessons...and i have gone back to her to apologize but she said i shud give her sometime to think over it..and that i shud keep on praying till i hear personally from God that we are meant for each other...since then nothing has been heard from her.......please friends do you guy think she will still wanna come back to me?........thou i called her frequently and we only discuss as a friend.......my fear is that she has not gotten someone else.....?
astrosammy: please i need your contribution.
Re: As A Xtian, Hw Do U Know Wether D Word Of A Prophet Is True Abt Ur Relationship? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2013
astrosammy: Hi all...i really wanna take this forum to say a big thank you to all your contributions toward my post...i was a victim of this situation and now my girlfriend and i are no more together simply because of this prophecy of a thing...i was told we won't be able to marry and since then my attitude changed towards her...this is a lady i love so much and she love me more...i told my dad about it after the damage has been done and he advise to go back to the girl and apologize, he said things are not done that way...he also added that many MoG has broken a good relationship today,that i shouldn't be going to them for such anymore...now friends i have leanrt my lessons...and i have gone back to her to apologize but she said i shud give her sometime to think over it..and that i shud keep on praying till i hear personally from God that we are meant for each other...since then nothing has been heard from her.......please friends do you guy think she will still wanna come back to me?........thou i called her frequently and we only discuss as a friend.......my fear is that she has not gotten someone else.....?

A lesson learned, though the hard way. If I were in your shoes and I believe that I still love her, then I would work my way gradually back into her heart. Give her time, try and be a very good friend to her and maybe she might just come back to you.

I don't think it would be fair on your part to expect her to come running back into your arms. If she doesn't come back to you, she would be right in her decision because frankly, I don't think a lady in her right mind would remain with a guy who allows others make decisions for him.
Re: As A Xtian, Hw Do U Know Wether D Word Of A Prophet Is True Abt Ur Relationship? by astrosammy: 4:53pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ strlk....you are very correct...I've learnt a lesson and will never repeat such mistake again....and will still try my best to see if i can get her back.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Next For Christians To Do If? / Christian Apologist Finally Admits That Internet Is A Threat To Christianity! / Differences Between Jesus And Pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.