Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,098 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. (2195 Views)

Challenge Go All Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers / Atheists, Agnostics, Deists And Liberals And Freethinkers Lets Meet Here. / Atheists, Agnostics And Open Minded Persons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by plaetton: 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2013
turnstoner:

Ha ha ha..

isn't it funny how you can find a verse to support any argument you like?

But of course,
That is the beauty of the god racket.

God is here, god is there, god is nowhere.
We are the image of god, but god is spirit.
God is good, but god creates evil.
God is merciful, but god creates hell.
God wants your heart, but god demands your money.

All the above statements are valid and supported by scripture.
grin
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 10, 2013
i really dont care much about what happens when am dead.making the best out of my life while i live is all i care n give a darn about.
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by italo: 11:52pm On Sep 10, 2013
Beretta92: i really dont care much about what happens when am dead.making the best out of my life while i live is all i care n give a darn about.

Now, that's more like it. Who would care much about a lump of tissues and bones? Only people who believe in life after death.
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
italo:

Now, that's more like it. Who would care much about a lump of tissues and bones? Only people who believe in life after death.

So wait, are you saying that atheists can not make provisions for their family and friends after they die because they dont care and dont have a belief in the afterlife?
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by MrTroll(m): 11:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
italo:

In your quest to make atheists look bad, you're actually showing your intolerance and selfish character. See man, say i'm dead now. Instead of my kidneys, liver, heart, lungs etc to decay in the ground i could actually donate it to a hospital for research or for someone in dire need of an organ to save his/her life. I do not have to have something in return before i help others. I do not have to hope for a mansion in heaven before i save other lives. Thats why i can never go back to religion. It is all for pleasing your imaginary sky daddy in order to get an afterlife reward. Pathetic!!!

2 Likes

Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by italo: 7:17am On Sep 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

So wait, are you saying that atheists can not make provisions for their family and friends after they die because they dont care and dont have a belief in the afterlife?

I'm saying: you believe you dont exist after you die, so you dont have a family after you die. Why should you care how the lump of tissues and bones is disposed of? What would be wrong in butchering the body and feeding it to hyenas, for instance, Atheist?

That way, you add value to the food chain.
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by italo: 7:26am On Sep 11, 2013
Mr Troll: In your quest to make atheists look bad, you're actually showing your intolerance and selfish character. See man, say i'm dead now. Instead of my kidneys, liver, heart, lungs etc to decay in the ground i could actually donate it to a hospital for research or for someone in dire need of an organ to save his/her life. I do not have to have something in return before i help others. I do not have to hope for a mansion in heaven before i save other lives. Thats why i can never go back to religion. It is all for pleasing your imaginary sky daddy in order to get an afterlife reward. Pathetic!!!

Ah! Mr cheerleader finally wrote something worthy of being replied. You're finally becoming your own man, not just learning at the feet of plaetton and wiegraf and cheering them on. Congrats!

You love mankind but you're waiting till you die to show it? What have you done or donated for mankind now that we can verify?
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by Averroes: 7:36am On Sep 11, 2013
Man, sometimes, i just want to slam my head on my keyboard,
Trolls are so damn annoying.

1 Like

Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by italo: 7:39am On Sep 11, 2013
Averroes: Man, sometimes, i just want to slam my head on my keyboard,

Why the keyboard and not the floor?

...considering how "so damn annoying" they are?
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by Averroes: 8:03am On Sep 11, 2013
I m slamming it on the floor
Im slamming
Im slammin
Im slam
Im sla
Im sl...
Im...dead.
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 11, 2013
italo:

I'm saying: you believe you dont exist after you die, so you dont have a family after you die. Why should you care how the lump of tissues and bones is disposed of? What would be wrong in butchering the body and feeding it to hyenas, for instance, Atheist?

You are sick and intolerant.

The catholic church is the best place for you with all those bigoted old bishops
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by italo: 8:35am On Sep 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are sick and intolerant.

The catholic church is the best place for you with all those bigoted old bishops

Why the unwarranted insults.

I said:

you believe you dont exist after you die, so you dont have a family after you die. Why should you care how the lump of tissues and bones is disposed of? What would be wrong in butchering the body and feeding it to hyenas, for instance, Atheist?

What is sick and intolerant about that question?

Cant you be quiet when you have no credible answer?
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 11, 2013
italo:

Why the unwarranted insults.

I said:

you believe you dont exist after you die, so you dont have a family after you die. Why should you care how the lump of tissues and bones is disposed of? What would be wrong in butchering the body and feeding it to hyenas, for instance, Atheist?

What is sick and intolerant about that question?

Cant you be quiet when you have no credible answer?

@ bold.

Very foolish
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by italo: 8:45am On Sep 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

@ bold.

Very foolish

Oh! You have a family after your death?! You amaze me, Atheist.

You also said you were spiritual... grin

By the way, have you outgrown your phobia for satan?

Arent you just confused, Atheist?
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by MrTroll(m): 11:26am On Sep 11, 2013
italo:

Ah! Mr cheerleader finally wrote something worthy of being replied. You're finally becoming your own man, not just learning at the feet of plaetton and wiegraf and cheering them on. Congrats!
Very foolish statement. Not worth wasting my time on. . .

You love mankind but you're waiting till you die to show it? What have you done or donated for mankind now that we can verify?
Another foolish statement. Do you know my job in real life? Do you know what i do or have done so far to help my fellow humans? You keep jumping from pillar to post after being exposed for the senseless, selfish and intolerant person you are. Do you expect that i'll donate my heart while i'm still alive? Such a tool!
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by wiegraf: 12:12pm On Sep 11, 2013
Op, donations (definitely, not using them, but considering my lifestyle, what's left of my body....) then burn the rest. I do very selfishly long for immortality. Well, depending.....

Rights are complicated, but obviously, I'll do everything I can to make sure NOTHING RELIGIOUS. Don't care about their feelings, sorry, I'd be the dead one, not them. They should respect my wishes like I do theirs. Then again, in this country one may have little choice.

On a somewhat related note (but not really), this dude commited suicide on his 60th birthday, left a website chronicling his life, reasons for his final act (apparently he just thought 60 was decent), etc. He prepared, eg paid for 5 years of server space after his death, but yahoo took the site off their servers when they discovered it. Not sure if anyone is planning legal action

Averroes: Man, sometimes, i just want to slam my head on my keyboard,

Trolls trolling trolls is always on some level amusing. Makes you wonder who's the true mastah.

*If only I could find one skilled enough to troll the Faceless Man, but I doubt anyone in these parts possesses near enough expertise
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by Heathen(m): 12:17pm On Sep 11, 2013
I'd like my nuts chopped off and served at a resturant like that Japanese dude.
edit: but now that i think about it, burnt balls isn't much of a delicacy. You see, when i turn 80
(if i do live that long), i plan to ride a bicycle off a cliff which inturn will catch fire midair (its an
epic way to die), so theres the possibility that my remains will be nothing but ash.
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by Heathen(m): 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
double post
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by italo: 12:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
Mr Troll: Very foolish statement. Not worth wasting my time on. . .

Another foolish statement. Do you know my job in real life? Do you know what i do or have done so far to help my fellow humans? You keep jumping from pillar to post after being exposed for the senseless, selfish and intolerant person you are. Do you expect that i'll donate my heart while i'm still alive? Such a tool!

Let me leave you to get back to your cheerleader job.

I'd rather talk to your idols (plaetton, wiegraf etc) and watch you cheer them on.

See you then, young lady.
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by italo: 12:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
Heathen: I'd like my nuts chopped off and served at a resturant like that Japanese dude.
edit: but now that i think about it, burnt balls isn't much of a delicacy. You see, when i turn 80
(if i do live that long), i will ride a bicycle off a cliff which inturn will catch fire midair (its an
epic way to die), so theres the possibility that my remains will be nothing but ash.

Thumbs up. Logicboy, are you learning?
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by plaetton: 2:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
Actually,
I was not asking about what anyone wants to do with their body after death.

Infact, in Nigeria, the likely hood of your family and relatives giving up your body for any medical or scientific research is very low.

What I am simply asking is whether anyone has contemplated the fact that they might be converted to Christianity upon death and buried as a christian.

Have you thought about it, and what necessary steps would you likely take now to prevent that?
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by italo: 2:47pm On Sep 11, 2013
plaetton: Actually,
I was not asking about what anyone wants to do with their body after death.

Infact, in Nigeria, the likely hood of your family and relatives giving up your body for any medical or scientific research is very low.

What I am simply asking is whether anyone has contemplated the fact that they might be converted to Christianity upon death and buried as a christian.

Have you thought about it, and what necessary steps would you likely take now to prevent that?

It's not "your body." At best it's your former body.

Why should you care what happens to that mass of decaying tissues and bones.

Or will you continue to exist after your last breath?
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by plaetton: 3:34pm On Sep 11, 2013
italo:

It's not "your body." At best it's your former body.

Why should you care what happens to that mass of decaying tissues and bones.

Or will you continue to exist after your last breath?

Good point Italo.

In that case, I guess you wouldn't mind being converted to Islam upon your death , and your body buried as a muslim?
Please answer.
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by MrTroll(m): 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
italo:

Let me leave you to get back to your cheerleader job.

I'd rather talk to your idols (plaetton, wiegraf etc) and watch you cheer them on.

See you then, young lady.
here you are again. Finished! Italo, i can confidently say you are intellectually handicapped. A dunce. Yes! Its obvious you have no answer. Your cheap shots have been found wanting. You have nothing sensible to put forth so all you want to do now is troll. Sadly, you aren't even capable of that. Hehehehehe
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by turnstoner(m): 5:17pm On Sep 11, 2013
I think family and friends should be allowed to do what they please with your body(anything to help them cope with the grieving).

After all you are going back to join the cycle of life or non-life which ever way you are buried or not buried.

But if you didn't leave specific instructions (and enabling capacities) behind they might genuinely not know what to do and prefer the methods they are most familiar with.
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by MrTroll(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2013
plaetton:

Good point Italo.

In that case, I guess you wouldn't mind being converted to Islam upon your death , and your body buried as a muslim?
Please answer.
he can't answer even this one, trust me.wink
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by italo: 8:07am On Sep 12, 2013
turnstoner: I think family and friends should be allowed to do what they please with your body(anything to help them cope with the grieving).

After all you are going back to join the cycle of life or non-life which ever way you are buried or not buried.

But if you didn't leave specific instructions (and enabling capacities) behind they might genuinely not know what to do and prefer the methods they are most familiar with.

Abi oo...
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by italo: 8:15am On Sep 12, 2013
plaetton:

Good point Italo.

Please answer.

Arrrgghh! I'm shocked to find you aren't smart enough to know that I was only playing 'the Atheist. '

Of course, we Christians believe that we continue to exist after death and the body is sacred...even after death...so it is in line with our beliefs to worry about what happens to us after death.

For an Atheist who claims he will cease to exist at death to worry about such...and to worry about satan (whom he claims doesn't exist)...

...it just shows that they doubt what they claim to believe.

Why would an Atheist have a problem with feeding the corpse to hyenas so that the food chain and universe can be enriched?
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by MrTroll(m): 8:36am On Sep 12, 2013
italo:

Arrrgghh! I'm shocked to find you aren't smart enough to know that I was only playing 'the Atheist. '

Of course, we Christians believe that we continue to exist after death and the body is sacred...even after death...so it is in line with our beliefs to worry about what happens to us after death.

For an Atheist who claims he will cease to exist at death to worry about such...and to worry about satan (whom he claims doesn't exist)...

...it just shows that they doubt what they claim to believe.

Why would an Atheist have a problem with feeding the corpse to hyenas so that the food chain and universe can be enriched?
why do you keep being foolish? Of course there's nothing wrong in doing this. But what if instead of fattening hyenas you decide to better humans? Either way, you're still benifiting a living specie but you just chose to benefit instead your own specie. Italo, you're not even smart enough to play the 'atheist'.
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by italo: 8:45am On Sep 12, 2013
Mr Troll: why do you keep being foolish? Of course there's nothing wrong in doing this. But what if instead of fattening hyenas you decide to better humans? Either way, you're still benifiting a living specie but you just chose to benefit instead your own specie. Italo, you're not even smart enough to play the 'atheist'.

Why would you... AH!!! It's the cheerleader. Cheer on sweetheart...

Yay!!!
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by MrTroll(m): 9:00am On Sep 12, 2013
italo:

Why would you... AH!!! It's the cheerleader. Cheer on sweetheart...

Yay!!!
cheesy grin grin

Dunce.
Re: Atheists,Pagans, Agnostics and Deists, How Will You Be Buried. by plaetton: 1:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
Mr Troll: cheesy grin grin

Dunce.

Have you seen my definition of Religious Decoherence?

It is a mental affliction that is common to religious sophists when faith meets the firewalls of reason and common sense.
The symptoms are noticeable break down of coherence, slurred thinking, ,etc.

At the intermediate level, you will notice the invocation of the "spiritual" in an attempt to escape or obfuscate an important issue.

At an advanced stage, there's recourse to name calling , and eventually, to threats of eternal damnation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Spirit Of Boldness / What Does It Mean To Bind The Strong Man? / Jesus Vs Buddha: Historical Evidence Comparison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.