Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Honeymoon/ Holidays: The Nigerian Perspective - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Honeymoon/ Holidays: The Nigerian Perspective (694 Views)

The Deplorable State Of The Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (see Photos) / Best Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria / Why Don't Africans Spend Their Holidays More In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Honeymoon/ Holidays: The Nigerian Perspective by shakespere: 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
In my line of business, i have spoken to many couples and families in Nigeria about using travel for relaxation, improving their health, get better in their relationship and most importantly elongate their lifespan. Many of the replies i get include: i have not finished my house, we have spent so much on the wedding, i am sending my children to school and the most amusing one- i don chop belleful?

Most Nigerians forget that holidays and travel should not necessarily be Europe or America or other so called holiday spots advertised in luxury magazines and shown with all glamour on CNN. They could be Benin republic, Togo, Gambia, and i can tell you from experience that with these places you don't have to spend heaven and earth. I have done this for new couples, and group of friends (single girls hanging out for weekend or long public holidays) and the result has always be mind blowing. Once i did a village inside Iseyin for a banker group and when i saw the pictures myself, i felt a tear drop- they look happy and refreshed.

For new couples, your agent should be able to work with your budget- Dubai and Ghana are on very nice honeymoon spot not well discovered. The problem is many Nigerians think honeymoon is a waste- thats a huge mistake. It's better to use the money for all those outrageous party for your honeymoon- it helps to kickstart your marriage in the best note. Many couples fight during the preparation especially on demands by wife's parents, budget etc. Honeymoon will help you resolve alone without the third party.

BRB
Re: Honeymoon/ Holidays: The Nigerian Perspective by muriel14(f): 7:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
I concur with you and i only but hope Nigerians would inculcate the habit of not just honeymoons, but vacation in general.

(1) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Australian Ship Stuck In The Antarctic / Mysterious Chinese River Turns Blood-red Overnight / USA Tourist Visa, Any Advice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.